chapter 20

Antifan

"Let's break up."

"Huh?" Of course Mir heard her. Clearly. But he couldn't accepted it. His heart was denying with all he got. Maybe he just misheard her. Maybe Jiyeon was just playing a mean joke on him. Maybe... Maybe it was simply a lie.

Jiyeon sighed and looked deep into Mir's eyes. Clear drop of tears lapped down her face. "I want to break up." She repeated.

Mir inhaled short breath that made his chest hurt as if he just inhaled air with sharp needles in it. "W-why?" He asked, voice almost cracking. The small blue box in his hand felt like slipping out of his hold. He had came here to surprise Jiyeon with a ring. A symbol to his love yet he was the one getting surprise by Jiyeon. Ani... Even a shock was too understatement.

Mir wanted to step closer but something was holding him back. Something was nailing his feet into the floor of the roof. Into the place that had witness their blooming love and was about to witness the shattering feelings. The two broken hearts. Not just his. But also Jiyeon's. He saw. He saw in Jiyeon round hazel eyes, there was pain. Pain that shouldn't have reside in those gorgeous orbs.

"I hurt you." Mir said, more like writhing. He realized that. He had hurt Jiyeon. And now, Jiyeon wanted to escape. Wanted to escape the pain. Escape Mir. Escape... 

How could Mir say no to that? He had hurt her.

"I'm sorry Cheolyong-ah." Jiyeon sniffed and wiped away her tears. "It's not going to work." She had enough of the pain. Of the distant. She was in fear every single day. Fear that Mir would finally leave her for his dream. Fear that Mir would break what was left of her heart. Fear that her broken heart would someday be the twisted reason for her to hurt Mir. She didn't want that. Hurting Mir. No... She didn't want that. But deep down, she knew, if the last piece of her heart shattered, she would be capable of hurting him. For that not to happen, she chose to leave first.

Mir kept his silence as he approached Jiyeon. Taking Jiyeon's soft hand in his, he tried his best to smile. He couldn't show his tears because he knew it would break Jiyeon more. Taking out the blue box, he put it on Jiyeon's palm. He wished with all his heart to put that ring on Jiyeon's slender finger with his own hands but he knew he had lost that right. But he still wanted Jiyeon to have this.

"C-Cheolyong. I ca-"

"Accept this." Though he could hide his tears, it seemed like he couldn't hide the pain in his voice. "You can throw it away if you want but since I thought of only you when buying this, I can't imagine giving this to other people." Mir continued. He tilted Jiyeon's head and caught her lovely eyes. "So much pain I give you." He whispered with guilt biting and chewing on his heart and leaned until his lips pressed on Jiyeon's forehead. Tender heartbreaking last kiss. "I'll always love you." Mir whispered and turned away before his first tear escape his eyes and left without turning back again. He had to let her go. Because he hurt her. And because he love her.

He let her go.

 

@@@@@

 

Mir was staring on the distant. His tears didn't stop. His hands limp on both of his side as he just kneeled on that same spot. His head didn't hurt as much as before but the pain on his chest was too intense. He let her go. He had let her go. He had let her go knowing it would destroyed him. And yes. He was destroyed. Into pieces...

"Cheolyong-ah. Are you okay?" A voice came and a gasp followed after but Mir didn't lift his gaze to met the person's eyes. He didn't have the will to. "Why are you crying? Are you hurt?" 

When Mir felt warmth beside him, he turned slightly and see in his blurry eyes, Seungho was kneeling next to him, hands awkwardly reaching out for him yet hesitant to touch him. Seungho had of course followed the maknae despite Mir's subtle hint of wanting to be left alone. Seungho just couldn't do that. Like he had realized before, he was becoming over protective. So he just had to followed Mir. Even if Mir didn't want him to.

"I hurt her." Mir started. Voice was barely heard. It felt like his strength leaving him as he slumped down, almost falling flat on the ground when Seungho's arms finally wrapped securely around him. This time, it didn't feel strange. Mir didn't feel strange. It felt... Familiar. Being held protectively by Seungho. Being comforted by the older. It felt very familiar. So he continued. "She left." Mir felt how Seungho carded his fingers through Mir's silky locks, rocking his weak body gently.

Seungho didn't fully understand but he was grateful Mir didn't pull away like before and he felt warmth spreading through his body when Mir actually pressed himself closer to him. It felt like. It felt like the old Mir. It felt like his maknae. Their maknae. It felt like before...

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

 

Eunah had steadily walked out of got7 apartment but she could only maintained her composure just until she stepped out of the elevator into the lobby of the building and right then, her strength left her. She leaned on the wall as she felt dizzy and felt how two strong hands supporting her. Jiyeon had died. She clamped her hand over to prevent herself from throwing out right then and there. Jiyeon had died...

"Let's sit there." GO guided Eunah slowly to the sofa located in the middle of the lobby. He himself sat beside Eunah, rubbing a small circle on Eunah's back. "Better?" He asked and Eunah nodded. She didn't trust her voice. GO let out a sigh. He looked forward thoughtfully while his hands rubbing his face in frustration. "That Jr kid... You think he speak the truth?" GO continued when Eunah shrugged, also frowning her brows. Jr had denied of being involved in the case but they were still suspicious. Both Eunah and GO. "No criminal would admit their crime." GO breathed out and leaned back into the sofa.

"Eunah-shi. GO-shi." Both on the couch looked up to see JB approaching.

GO was a bit alarmed when he took a look on JB. JB almost looked like Eunah. His face was drained of all colors. He looked like he was about to collapse. "Hey. Are you okay?"

JB nodded and swallowed loudly. He stopped only when he was two steps far from GO and Eunah. "It's not Jinyoung." He said with wavering voice.

GO exhaled, putting on his poker face. He somehow understood if JB wanted to cover for Jr. JB was the leader. Jr was his responsibility. If this happen to any of MBLAQ member, GO was sure he would the same as well. But it didn't. His maknae was the victim. And he would fight his way to see the one doing this terrible thing being put behind the bars. "I know he is your group member but-"

"It's not Jinyoung!" JB repeated now looking more confident with his words as he looked straight into GO's eyes. "It's really not Jinyoung." His voice getting smaller again as he looked down on his feet. "Cheolyong hyung... Is he... Is he really okay?"

Seeing how JB was looking like he wanted to cry, GO put a comforting hand on the younger's shoulder. JB was the leader. He knew it was hard for the young boy. He knew because he had witnessed the hardship Seungho had to go through as a leader. With Mir like that. With the unsolved case. So he decided to let this go for a while. For JB sake. "Do you want to meet him?"

JB looked up in surprise. "Can I?"

GO looked over to Eunah who nodded in agreement.