chapter 8

Antifan

Seungho and GO chatted as they made their way into the living room of their dorm. The leader went straight to the kitchen to fill his rumbling stomach's demand while GO waltzed to the bathroom to freshen up for a bit. As he entered the bathroom, he felt like he stepped into a puddle but didn't care to look since he just thought the cool fluid was just water. This was bathroom after all.

The honey voiced singer opened the pipe at the sink and looked down to the flowing water only to see drops of dark red fluid and some white small pills. He frowned as he checked the pills and suspicious liquid. His eyes narrowed into slits as he touched the red fluid using his index finger and tried to identify it.

GO backed away a bit as he saw the drops of red fluid made a trail to the bathtub and he followed it. He was starting to felt uneasy at the pool of red liquid near the bathtub which was hidden behind the green curtain.

The pool of red fluid was the pool of liquid which he stepped into before. He looked down to his own left foot that was by now stained with red. GO swallowed and swiftly pulled the curtain with his trembling hand.

"No..." The word was barely above whisper as his eyes widened at an alarming size at the sight before him. The strength in his legs left him. His legs felt wobbly and he fall behind onto the hard cold floor of the bathroom, pulling the curtain together with the metal where the curtain hung to down with him. 

As the metal touched the marble floor, a loud clanging sound could be heard and rushed footsteps followed after. In matter of seconds, Seungho appeared in the bathroom. "What the hell?" He first saw Byunghee who was sitting on the bathroom floor. Eyes wide, breath ragged and forceful, body was shaking madly. "What happen? Byunghee?" He called but GO didn't respond to him and his eyes were fixed in a direction.

The leader frowned at the sight of the red liquid on the floor. He followed GO's line of sight and instantly felt his heart plummeted in his stomach. He didn't prepare for this. Their maknae. His maknae was lying lifeless in the bathtub filled with red coloured water, no doubt blood. The maknae's right hand was dangling at the side of the bathtub, blood still dripping along his hand to his finger and onto the floor almost looking like a slow motion. Everywhere was blood. Mir's face was drained of all colour and there wasn't any sign of life.

"CHEOLYONG-AH!" Seungho shouted as he ran to Mir's side passing by the still stunned GO. He pulled maknae's limp body out of the bathtub, not caring how he had got his clothes drenched and stained with water and blood. Seungho pasted his ear to Mir's chest and held his breath. It was there. It was weak, but nonetheless it was still there. Mir's heartbeat. "Byunghee! Byunghee!" He called but to no avail. GO kept looking straight at the bathtub as if Mir was still there and nothing changed since GO saw the gory sight.

Seungho clicked his tongue. Mir was the priority now.He had no choice but to leave GO. He quickly carried Mir's small frame in his arms after tying two towels tightly on each of Mir's wounded wrist to stop the bleeding. He ran with Mir in his hold, leaving GO behind.

 

@@@@@

 

GO was still on the floor. Sitting there like a lifeless statue. He knew Seungho had brought Mir's limp body to the hospital but he just couldn't move.

GO felt a hand on his shoulder and heard their manager's worried voice as if the manager had just cried which he probably did. This was like a big bolt of thunder that had striked them hard.

"Byunghee-ya. Let's go to change and to the hospital." Kyungho said softly when he saw one of GO's feet was stained with blood and the man had sat on a pool of blood as well. But, it was in vain. GO looked like he was in his own world and his voice couldn't reach the singer. "Byunghee-ya..." He gave a little shook on the singer's shoulder.

Kyungho sighed when GO still didn't react. He didn't blame GO. GO was the first to see the maknae in such a gory sight. He couldn't imagine the horror GO had to go through. He was kind of grateful he didn't see Mir in that condition as he watched how many blood painted the bathroom. Mir... Their Mir... He closed his eyes for a moment as Seungho's cracked voice told him everything through a phone call echoed in his mind. A phone call that had changed his world. 

Truthfully, he even yelled at Seungho, scolding him for playing this kind of prank on him but when Seungho's faint sobs reached his ear, he could only let himself slipped into a state of shock for a long hour, just like GO. Until he could clear his mind again, he sat unmoving at the meeting room he was in at that moment. Finally putting a list on what he had to do first, he came to the dorm. He came for GO.

"Come on." Kyungho hooked his arms under GO's arms and pulled the main vocal onto his feet and he dragged GO who was acting like a lifeless doll into the room to change and went to the hospital.

 

@@@@@

 

Why did he do that? He was always so happy... Seungho sighed and rubbed his tear stained face. Mir hid it well. That was the only conclusion Seungho could produce. He didn't want to think of the other possibility that it was their fault for not being caring enough to notice their maknae's problem. However, who was he trying to lie to? Nicole had told him. Eunah had told him. He was the one who didn't care enough to notice. He let Joon and Sanghyun leaving overshadowed Mir. He let his own problem hid his dongsaeng's changes.

Seungho looked up to the still closed door with sad eyes. He really wanted someone, anyone to tell him Mir would be okay. To tell him that his puppy maknae would be up on his feet smiling and bouncing around them again without them even realizing it.

But then, his eyes just had to trail down to his hands. Dried blood pasted like a pattern. He sat up and looked over his grey shirt that was also stained with dried blood. Mir's blood. A loud sob escaped his lips as if everything just dawn on him, everything just came down on him like thousands of bricks as his adrenaline ceased down. He was too distracted to save Mir's life just now that it hadn't seemed as clear to him. But now... As he was sitting alone, waiting in front of the closed door that held his maknae away from him, he had realized what had actually happened. It was overwhelming and he tried his best to get rid of the scarlet blood that he almost ripped his shirt. Just like the fact Mir was still in there, floating in between life and death, the scarlet couldn't be erased. That very fact couldn't be erased. Seungho felt like he wanted to shout but he didn't. He trained his heart the best he could. He couldn't break down now. He couldn't. Not now.

'God, please save him.' Seungho prayed his most sincere pray. He knew none of them would be the same again if Mir died. None of them. Seungho let his head hung low until his nape ached. He looked up only when he heard Kyungho's voice calling out for him. He saw how GO, pale as marble, resembling a puppet, was dragged to him by Kyungho.

Kyungho shot a look of silent question at Seungho once he reached Seungho's side and Seungho could only shook his head in dismay. It had been hours since Mir in there and there hadn't been any news yet.

The door opened right at that moment, revealing a male doctor. All the two men quickly jumped on their feet and ran to the doctor except GO who was still acting like a statue. Unable to make himself work.

"How's is he?" Seungho asked impatiently on behalf of the others.

The doctor sighed and gave them a sympathetic smile which made them even more scared than they already were. "He lost too much blood and we realised he was overdosed with sleeping pills. We couldn't be sure yet if there're any damage to his brain." He explained.

Seungho swallowed at his suddenly dried throat. "What if, there's damage?" He asked voice almost not coming out. He knew he sounded strained and he almost choked on his own words.

The doctor looked hesitant at first but answered it as professionally as he could. "He either will slip into a coma or if he ever wake up, he probably will not be the same again. There's a high chance of him losing his memory or certain ability of thinking or even moving." The doctor eyed the three faces which obviously darkened. He quickly added. "But, that's only if there're damage. Like I said. We can't be sure yet. Let's just hope for the best." The doctor patted Seungho's shoulder.

"W-what do y-you mean?" Seungho stuttered out.

The doctor exhaled. "There're too wide of possibilities."

"He..." Seungho swallowed as his voice crack. "He might become mentally disabled?" He asked while feeling his chest hurt with each words he uttered.

"That is one of the possibilities."

Hearing the doctor's reply, Seungho staggered back, his head felt dizzy, fortunately Kyungho was fast to hold him straight. There was a moment of silence dawn on them. The air was heavy and was choking them.

"C-can we see him?" GO finally asked in a small voice, pulling himself out of his catatonic state and gaining the others' attention before all three pair of eyes fall back on the doctor in similar look of hope.

The doctor looked guilty as he finally revealed that only family was allowed to see Mir. And the other men could only response with a small "Owh.."

 

 

sorry... i might not be able to update as often after all. These two days had been busy cleaning my new dorm, unpacking, preparing for classes, adjusting my biological clock and all

Open aff today and found out I finally got one beautiful subscriber for this fic. Thank you (T^T) *crying a river*

*ps : thanks for being patient (to anyone who still reading this fic)