chapter 12

Antifan

Those people had gone out. He was left alone staring on the ceiling. He blinked a few time, feeling his head was empty from any memories. Like a blank sheet of paper. His whole body felt numb. His head was pounding. Only one question resounded clearly in his head. Why was he still alive?

There was sound of door opening. Was it already the time for the test the woman in white mentioned to him just now? He slightly turned his head. His whole body felt paralyzed. It was hard to even move a finger. It took him almost all of his might to turned his head yet it moved only slightly, still he could see from the corner of his eyes.

Two strangers came closer to him. One was tall and buff. Eyes small and sharp. There was lots of piercing on his ears. One was small and slightly slender. There was hesitancy in his slanted eyes, unlike the taller man. There was fear. There was guilt.

"You said you want to do this with me. Don't look at me like that. Just do it." The taller man scolded the shorter man looking down on the other mockingly while cocking his head slightly towards the lying boy on the bed.

The shorter man flinched and nodded before he pulled out a handkerchief and a small bottle. Putting the contents of the bottle on the handkerchief, he approached Mir who was unable to move. There was a look that told people who could see him to forgive him for what he was about to do.

Putting the small clothes over Mir's nose and mouth, the guilt in the slightly slanted eyes intensified even just a tad seeing how Mir didn't even have energy left to resist and Mir's wide eyes slowly closed into a deep unconsciousness...

 

@@@@@

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S MISSING? HE JUST WAKE UP AND CAN BARELY RESPOND! THERE'S NO WAY HE WOULD HAVE GONE MISSING! HOW THE HELL YOU PEOPLE DO YOUR WORK?!" Eunah's loud angry voice echoed through the hallway of the hospital.

Seungho and GO who were just arrived at that moment exchanged a worried glance and they ran ahead. Seungho hold onto Eunah who was ready to slap hard the nurse standing timidly before her. "Hey! Calm down." Seungho pulled Eunah away.

Seeing both Seungho and GO were there, the girl broke out into tears. "Oppa. Eottoke? Eottoke? Our Cheolyongie... Our Cheolyongie..." Eunah's breath was uneven and she fall weakly against Seungho, losing her strength.

Seeing how Eunah had fainted, the nurse called for help and carried the poor girl away into a treatment room. Seungho and GO trailed after with questions invading their mind. A bad feeling chaining their heart.

"She's just too tired and stressed out." The doctor had told them. The same nurse was also standing behind the doctor, having her head hung low.

"What happen actually?" GO inquired.

The nurse finally raised up her head but the guilt showing through her eyes made Seungho and GO expecting the worst. "Patient Bang Cheolyong-shi is missing." She said.

"B-bo?" Another voice came in even before Seungho or even GO managed to process the nurse's words.

Key and Minho came to stand beside the two members of MBLAQ. Both were slightly panting while looking straight towards the nurse, waiting for an explanation to what they had just heard. "What do you mean he is missing?" Key asked impatiently.

The nurse inhaled deeply. "We did several examination on him when he wake up. He was barely able to register his surrounding and I had to arrange him for a brain scan but... When I went back into the room, he wasn't there anymore."

"Hyojin noona? What about Hyojin noona?" Minho asked this time, taking a half step forward.

"During that time, I have asked her to wait outside. It's the procedure while the doctor was doing his examination." The nurse answered.

Seungho turned to GO. Both men blanched at the thought of the contents in the box they found in Eunah's apartment.

"When I did the examination on him, he was still very weak and even have difficulty in speech. So, it is impossible for him to walk on his own. I suspect this might be an abduction. I think we should call the police." The doctor voiced out his opinion.

Seungho nodded but GO quickly interfered. "No, you can't!" Every single pair of eyes darted towards GO.

Seungho frowned. "Why not?" He asked. When GO didn't answer him and only looked down to his feet, he squinted his eyes. "Don't say you're worrying about another scandal on us break out." He accused. He knew deep down, MBLAQ couldn't possibly handle another scandal. With Joon and Sanghyun leaving had already cause so much damage on MBLAQ's name. If police was involved then, even the news on Mir trying to commit suicide would leak to the public. He knew. He knew it would be hard to handle and they might lose MBLAQ forever but... But... If it was for Mir... He would do anything it took to ensure Mir's safety.

"How could you say that? Do you really think I care about all of those pathetic scandals with Mir missing right now?" GO snapped as he glared at Seungho. He was deeply hurt when Seungho's words sounded like he was worrying more about those things than their own maknae. How long had they known each other? Did Seungho still questioning GO's love for Mir? But, just a moment after, his glare faltered. "Don't you remember the note?" He asked.

Seungho frowned and a look of recognition flashed on his face. That note... How could he forgot about that? The note with bloody red words that had warned Mir from involving the police.

"What if the one who has taken Mir away is the same person as the one sending those notes?" GO continued.

"What notes, hyung? What notes?" Key started to shake on Seungho's arm. The curiosity was killing him slowly.

Seungho turned to the doctor. "For now, let me discuss with the others." The doctor nodded in understanding before he left with the nurse but not before he told Seungho to tell him anything if they needed help. Exhaling a long breath, he turned towards Key and Minho. This would be hard to believe but... They were Mir's bestfriends. He couldn't leave them out.

 

@@@@@

 

"You want me to believe that?" Key's reaction was just as Seungho and GO had expected because when they had found that box, it was still hard for them to believe that such a horrible thing had been going on for months on Mir yet they never had noticed anything. With that in their mind, the two members of MBLAQ hung their head low in shame.

"How could someone..." Minho swallowed when he felt like vomiting all the lunch he had hours ago. This was sick. This was cruel. This was crazy. And Mir had been hiding all this? Bearing this alone on his fragile tiny shoulder.

"Say..." Key looked to see the other three. "Isn't this sound a bit like antifan case? Woohyun told me Cheolyong had asked him once about antifan."

Minho shook his head. "This seem to be too excessive for it to be a simple case of antifan. It sound like whoever sending the note have some kind of personal grudge on Cheolyong. We need police help." He said firmly, eyes not faltering from Seungho and GO in hope they would agree.

"Byunghee..." Seungho called, covering GO's wrist with his hand. "I know you're worried about Cheolyong. And you know I'm just as worried as you." Seungho swallowed. "But we need police help. We have no idea how to find Cheolyong."

"But what if they hurt him?" GO asked with obvious fear in his eagle eyes. He couldn't take. He couldn't take if Mir was... If Mir was. He bit his inner cheeks a bit too strong he tasted metalic blood on his tongue. It was to keep him sane. To keep his thought off of such negativity.

Seungho bit his bottom lips. Image of Mir getting hurt more than he already was started to form in his head. He didn't know if he could ever heal if Mir was broken more than he had seen.

"If those notes are real, reporting it or not reporting it would not make any difference." Key voiced out after overcoming his shock and disbelief. "They want Cheolyong dead. And even if we don't report this, they would still hurt Cheolyong." Key winced as he spoke those words, praying with all his heart Mir was still alive. "We need police help as fast as we could."

"But, it will also hindered the process of searching Cheolyong if this leak out into public. The kidnapper or kidnappers will know and would put their guard up. It would be hard to trace after them. Yes, we need the police help but we also need to keep this hidden from any reporters. No one else can know this. Well, maybe except for Hyojin noona." Minho explained. And his opinion did make sense. They needed to keep this as secret. For Mir's sake. They had been negligence once and that had driven Mir to such an unthinkable action of trying to commit suicide. They won't let the same negligence cause anymore harm to Mir.

"Can police keep this private though? Reporters are sometimes so persistent." GO voiced out his worries.

"Why do you need police?" A voice came from behind Seungho, meddling into the closed conversation. They all turned to see Joon and Sanghyun standing there. Onew later appeared jogging towards their group.

"Sorry guys. They ask me to bring them to see Cheolyong." Onew said with a smile. "So, how is he? Can we meet him?"

The four boys exchanged a look of silent agreement. "I don't think it's a good time." Seungho replied with a straight face. They needed to keep this a secret for as long as they could.

"Owh..." Onew looked disappointed. But Joon and Sanghyun had different look on their faces because they had heard part of the conversation and it definitely didn't sound good.

"We will wait." Joon said sternly and noticed how the four lads looked a bit uncomfortable.

"We can't allow you to see him. It's better if you guys just go home already." GO insisted, trying to play an annoyed card.

"Hyung. Tell us. There's something wrong right? What's with all the police talk?" Sanghyun finally spoke, taking a step forward.

"Police?" Onew echoed in confusion.

"It's none of your business!" GO felt his vein popped up as he clenched his teeth. He was already worrying to death over Mir and he didn't need other to push him further. He didn't have much patience left in him. If they were smart enough, then they would leave.

"If it is involving Cheolyong, then of course it is our business." Joon retorted.

Onew opened his mouth to say something about this tense atmosphere but Key and Minho hold him back and shook their head. This wasn't their place to meddle.

GO scoffed. "Since when do you care about him? Why now? Trying to act like a good friend? Why? Is there any camera around here? Is that why you're keeping you good act?" GO pressed his words one by one while looking challengingly at Joon. He believed he was right. Joon never really care about Mir. That was what he noticed after all those years they spent together. He never knew what was in Joon's complicated mind but he was sure Joon had no some sort attachment to them especially Mir. Why would he care now?

"Byunghee." Seungho clasped GO's shoulder in poor attempt to stop this growing fight.

Joon's face darkened and his eyes shot a sharp glare on Byunghee. He looked beyond pissed off. "And you care for him?" He shot back. GO frowned at Joon's question. What was that supposed to mean? "If you care so much about him more than me, then how come he end up here? In the brink of death after trying to take his own life? Is that the result of you caring about him?"

GO launched on Joon, grabbing the actor's collar in a harsh gesture. "You know nothing so shut your trap!" He spat venomously.

"STOP!" Seungho shouted. He lost his cool. "We have no time for this, Byunghee." Seungho pulled GO away.

"Hyung." Sanghyun called out after a short intense pause, waiting until both Seungho and GO lifted their gaze on him. "If you need police help, I know someone who has contact with an excellent officer." Sanghyun suddenly revealed. "But I need to know why do you need them." Unlike Joon, Sanghyun had his own neat way to persuade others if he wanted to know something and based on the look on Seungho's and GO's face, he knew he had won this.