chapter 6

Antifan

Burning into nothingness...

J

 

Mir had received yet another unanimous letter. He knew it was that person's letter. He knew because there would always be those same letters at the lower edge of the letters he got. J... But, this note... What did it mean?

Suddenly, something clicked in Mir's head. J? Mir grabbed his jacket that was slung on his chair and patted the pockets until he felt something hard against his palm. He took out the necklace. JJ...

Mir's wide eyes glued to both objects and the letters on them. J? JJ? After several more minutes of staring and racking his brain, he laughed to himself bitterly. He didn't miss hearing how empty he sounded. What was this? What was wrong with him? Suspecting even his juniors? How low could he deteriorate into? There was so many other names with initiation of J. The world wasn't as small as he was trying to make it into. This was just ridiculous. He was ridiculous.

In his frustration, he slammed both hands onto the hard surface of the table in frustration, bringing together the objects down. A 'click' sound caught Mir's attention as he turned his hand until the palm was facing him. The pendant on the necklace was opened. So it was one of the kind.

Using his two thumbs to peel open the oval shape silver pendant completely, he let his old memories surfaced again. What kind of fate was this? He thought as his breath came out shaky and even his hands trembled lightly. What kind of twisted fate...? Somehow, deep down, his insides were screaming in despair. What kind of game was toying with him now? Maybe the world really is that small.

 

@@@@@

 

Jackson pushed open the door when after a few times of calling his group member's name, he only received silence as answer. Once he popped his head into the bright room, his mouth slightly open at the messy sight of the room. At the corner of the room, having half of upper body inside a cupboard while throwing clothes out onto the floor of the bedroom was Jr.

"J-Jinyoung-ah. What are you doing?" Jackson asked in his accent. But, still, sounded good in Korean.

Pulling his upper half out of the cupboard, Jr fall down to sit and leaned on the wall. His eyes were red and watery as he shook his head a few times. "I-I can't find it." He wheezed.

Alarmed, Jackson leapt into the room, locking the door behind him and rushed to Jr side. He took the smaller frame into a tight hug. "Calm down. Now breath in and out slowly." He guided the trembling boy against his chest, making sure none of the other members of their group could listen in to this situation. A situation when Jr fall into a panic attack. A situation where the boy breakdown. A situation when the boy was pulled into his own world of darkness yet again. A situation which only he knew after stumbling upon the same looking boy, eyes red and wet, body trembling wildly, lips quivering and opened in silent scream, two years ago in an empty practice room late at night. Ever since, he had been the one taking care of Jr whenever the boy fall down weakly and crumbled, threatening to shatter.

Like he had been used to, Jr clinged on Jackson, using Jackson to shadow him, shelter him and shield him. He cried into his friend's shirt, muffling his loud wail into Jackson's chest. He felt Jackson's arm tightened around him whenever a loud sobs escaped his lips and without even looking, he knew Jackson's face was contorted into permanent wince. He knew his friend was equally hurt whenever this dark side of him showed up.

After seemingly like forever, Jr pulled away, looking a little bit calm. Smiling sadly, Jackson patted Jr's raven locks tenderly.

"Better?" Jr nodded. "Want to tell me?"

Jr inhaled deeply, hiccuping slightly. "I can't find it. My necklace."

Jackson was quiet for a moment before his eyes widened slightly. "That necklace?" He asked for confirmation which he didn't really need. There was no other necklace that could turn this slightly younger boy into a shattered mess. 

He remembered he once asked about the necklace that was never detach from around Jr's neck and the boy had said it was his most prized possesion. The only thing left to remind him of a girl he loved until today. A possesion that left him crazy and at the same time secure his sanity. Weird how it worked the boy in two opposite ways yet it was an undeniable truth. Jackson had witnessed many times how Jr lost it and came back when his fingers curled around the pendant. A poison and a cure. 

Jr nodded. "I can't find it anywhere." His voice came out airy as his tears threatened to fall. As if still was hoping the silver necklace to still be around his neck, he ran his hand around his neck. Feeling the emptiness, both his hands grabbed on his red shirt tightly that Jackson had to hold his hands to stop him from straying away again.

Jackson patted Jr's arm. "It's okay. It probably somewhere here. Maybe you drop it at the practice room. I'll help you find it." He assured in a slightly childish way of talk and saw how Jr nodding weakly. His eyes drifted into far and darkened slightly. Where could Jr dropped that necklace?

 

so... urm... if there is any mistake on got7, I'm really sorry. I don't really know them well and this is just a fiction. They're cute though. Lol~