chapter 18

Antifan

"I hate him. I hate him with all my heart!" Jr snapped and slammed down his palms hard unto the table that it made a cracking noise.

"Jinyoung!" JB scolded, standing up in anger but GO pulled him back down.

Eunah and GO had came to Got7 dorm to ask for an explanation. To know what was the relationship between Jr and Jiyeon. Maybe it was the way they demanded answer that Jr whom since the start was looking troubled and unstable now finally exploded.

"I hate that Mir! He destroyed Jiyeon's life!" Jr still hadn't finished, he even talked informally about Mir whom obviously older than him, showing how much anger and hatred had been bubbling in his blood towards Mir.

Eunah and GO exchanged a look. The way Jr was acting... Was he the one ordering for Mir's abduction? Was he... J? No... They couldn't just jump into conclusion. They needed to have prove. Plus, Taewon was still investigating Mir's case and had been interrogating the guy that had abduct Mir before. But still. GO had to clench hard on the material of his jeans to restrain himself from punching the rude boy right on his face.

"How did you know her?" Eunah asked, this time softly. This wasn't a strange situation for her. She has experience in dealing with this kind of situation before. Dealing with a boy with the similar hurt in his eyes. Similar anger. Dealing with Mir when Mir had lost Jiyeon. In a way, they looked so similar. Jr had remind her of Mir who was once so broken. Who was once so hurt and full of anger.

Jr sat back down. His fingers played with each others as his eyes became distant. "She was really beautiful... Her eyes were sad and store a lots of stories, yet she was still beautiful."

He loves her, Eunah decided.

 

@@@@@

 

2 years ago...

 

"You came..."

Jr couldn't help his own wide smile though the one Jiyeon was offering him only a small sad smile. Still... A smile that made his heart fluttered in love. Jiyeon was sitting on one of the table in this cafe of her, a few long receipts in her hand, scribbling into a log book.

Without so much words, Jr took his usual place in front of Jiyeon. His chin on his palm, elbows supported by the glass table and the ritual began. Staring at the beauty in front of him.

Jiyeon didn't even looked up when she said, "Aren't you bored watching me like that everyday?"

"Aren't you bored asking me everyday?"

At Jr's witty reply, Jiyeon lifted her head and narrowed her round eyes playfully. "Funny."

Jr chuckled and kept staring while Jiyeon get back to her work. He sighed in content. He was really hopelessly in love with this girl. The first day he met this girl was when he came here as a customer. His friends had been talking about how the cake and coffee here were amazing and it would be his loss if he didn't try. So, one day when he was passing by this new shop, he decided to try. Once he stepped into the shop, he decided that he like the design. Modern yet there were simple hints of classic like the engravement along the windowsills and the pictures hanging on the walls.

And when he chosed to sit at the farthest table at the corner of the cafe, he had unconsciously chosed to sit in front of the most beautiful girl he ever saw in his life. What had enchanted him so much was a pair of her round hazel eyes. There were secret there. There were stories. There were pain. Yet they were still so lovely. And him, being the usually carefree boy, had took a quick measure without even thinking. And that was when they started became friends.

Jr smiled to himself at the memories of their first meet. But his smile faltered right after seeing the scars littering the girl's wrist. He bit his lips. Three months into their friendship, he had asked about the scars. Jiyeon refused to tell until one day she just cracked. She broke down and told Jr in her tears that she had tried to kill herself. But she failed. She was too afraid to die. And that same night, Jiyeon had shown Jr of her great love for a guy. For a guy that until now was still on the first place of Jiyeon's heart. For a guy that had caused so much pain for her and she had caused so much pain on him too. And that day, Jr had decided once again. He hated that guy.

"Jiyeon-ah." Jr called.

Jiyeon's eyes met his dark eyes as the girl made a face. "Didn't I tell you to call me noona..." She stated.

Jr chuckled a bit. "Shiro." He denied. "Urm... Jiyeon. I... I have to tell you something." Seeing the hesitancy in Jr's eyes, Jiyeon set aside he work and paid full attention to Jr. Blushing, Jr reached for one of Jiyeon's soft hand in a gentle hold. He caressed the scars left on the wrist tenderly. "I want to be the one to erase those pain in your eyes." He said.

Jiyeon's round eyes widened. She opened and closed yet there were no words coming out. Only silence. So, Jr take it to him to continue.

"I have always like you from the first day I met you but I was just a boy at that time. I fed off my parents, so I feel ashamed to ask you to be mine, but now. But now, I have a dream and I am already halfway ahead. So I gathered my courage to confess because now, I am a man. No longer a boy."

"Dream?"

Jr nodded a few times, smiles getting wider. "I have become trainees and are being considered in first line to debut."

It was too quick for Jr to register but Jiyeon had tugged away her hand from Jr's hold. There was fear in her eyes as she shook her head. "Leave." She had whispered. Her voice was strained and in pain. "You're going to change just like him. I don't- I don't want to go through that again. Just leave."

"Jiyeon. What are you talking about? Is this about that bastard who has broken you this way?" Jr's features scrunched up into anger. "Tell me who is he! Where is he and I'll make him regret for every pain he has inflicted on you." Jr was already standing, hands gripping on the side of table with so much force. So much anger.

Jiyeon shook her head. "I hurt him. I hurt him... A lot." She whispered.

"W-what?"

"Our love... Is real but I left and I hurt him." Jiyeon choked a sob, she fiddled with a beautiful silver ring on her finger. Jr noticed that. That ring wasn't an expensive type but he had never seen Jiyeon without that ring. Jiyeon treasured the ring more than anything. And though he wanted to deny it, he knew perfectly from who that ring was and what kind of memories stored in that ring. "I was hurt and I know one day, I might hurt him for the pain that I felt, so I left. But, I still end up hurting him. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts so much. But I have to. I have to leave because I don't want to hurt him. And because I love him." Jiyeon had rambled on, a twisted conflicted look on her face. She kept mumbling she hurt 'him' while leaving slowly. As if her mind couldn't function anymore. As if she could hear nothing. As if she could see nothing. As if she could feel nothing other than her pain. Pain. Lost. Longing. All tainted the beauty of the hazel eyes as she slipped into her own dark world.

Before Jr could even react to her words, Jiyeon had left and went hiding inside her office at the back of the cafe. Leaving him behind. Leaving him speechles.

 

@@@@@

 

Jr sniffed, he didn't bother to wipe away his tears. He inhaled deeply to continue his story. "Later, I found his picture in Jiyeon's office at the cafe. And I thought where have I seen him before. Turn out, he's an idol. Just like me. And they had went on their separate way because of the same dream that I was chasing after for. But when I found out about that... It was too late." Jr's voice cracked. He choked a sob.

"What do you mean too late?" Eunah's asked, voice so small that it was merely a whisper.

"She c-commited suicide. S-she started fire on her house. She burn herself in the fire." 

It was fortunate that Eunah was already sitting because he felt the numbing and tingling sensation on her legs as the strength left her. She felt jet of ice shooting in her blood vessel with each pump of her heart. Jiyeon had died... Mir's sweet little Jiyeon had died. Eunah fisted the material of her dress on her chest area. If it hurt this much for her... If it already hurt this much for her...

Ani... Mir couldn't know this. Right now, in her eyes were Jiyeon's smile and Mir's smile flashing back and forth. Reminding her of what once was there. What once was with her. With Mir. 

Later, image of Mir, sitting on the bench of the rooftop, eyes dead and empty, deep like a blackhole, looking straight into the bright sky. Waiting and waiting. That was Mir. That was Mir then. When Jiyeon left. Mir was damaged. Mir was broken and until now, Eunah knew that the scars still hadn't healed. No... She won't let Mir knew. She couldn't let Mir knew.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

Jr's loud voice brought Eunah back to the reality. Jr was once again standing from his seat, glaring with his wet red eyes in GO's direction. GO, unexpectedly was unfazed, his features plain and pensive as he stared back at the furious boy in front of him.

"I was just asking if you're J. If you're the one that had ordered Mir's abduction." GO repeated calmly. He would have shown all the notes Mir had received and even texts in Mir's phone if he had them with him but those are in police's hand by now.For investigation and as proves.

It seemed that while Eunah was drowning in her thoughts, GO had taken a further step in this conversation. And she couldn't help but having the same suspicion on the boy in front of her right now. Could he be... J?

JB who was too shocked at first finally break out of his trance. "What happened to Cheolyong hyung? Is he okay?"

"He's okay now." GO answered, eyes sharp on Jr to study his expression yet he didn't find any evident of anger and disappointment there at the answer he gave about Mir. "Let me ask you again. Are you J?"

 

I know I fail big time writing romance. What to do... i have no experience in love whatsoever. Sorry for late update. I have a hard time getting out the idea into words. And sorry if this was boring