chapter 29

Antifan

Jackson pulled the zip of the large luggage open before he kicked the black bag until it toppled over and out a mop of raven hair from the opened back. Jackson proceeded by shaking and pulling the bag until the whole frame of human body was out of the luggage, curling like an infant, still unconscious. It was Mir.

Huffing loudly, Jackson grabbed the raven hair boy's hand and dragged him along the broken cement floor of the abandoned building to one of the tall standing pole, ignoring how the sharp things poking out of the uneven floor scraped on Mir's back. He took out a metal cuff and cuffed the MBLAQ maknae's right hand to the pole. Making sure the bind was secured, he kicked on Mir's side.

"Yah! Wake up."

Mir stirred and his face scrunched up in pain. He felt throbbing on the back of his neck and stinging pain on his back. Groaning and holding onto his nape, he tried to look over his shoulder to see what was the cause of the pain on his back and saw spots and blotches of dark red on the shirt he wore, the shirt even have small tear here and there. His eyes trailed around the building. It was an abandoned building, almost looking the same as the building he was getting held before but he was pretty sure this was a different building.

Mir tried to pulled on his cuffed hand, but he didn't use energy, just a few weak small tugs since he knew it would be useless to even try to pulled his hand off of the cuff.

"Where's she?" Mir asked, watching carefully on Jackson who was taking out a laptop and was setting the gadget not far from Mir but still out of Mir's reach.

Jackson ignored Mir and continued to switched on the silver laptop and fumbled with it until the screen went black. It was in a full screen video but the video wasn't played yet. It was loading or something.

"What did you do to her? Where's she?" Mir raised his voice slightly.

Jackson flashed a crooked smile as he finger tapped on the spacebar on the laptop. "She's here. It's a live video." He said it as if it was a really amazing thing. "It's live from her to us." He added.

"Live?" Mir's eyes flickered back to the now playing live video. He saw her sister there. Sitting in a room, tied to a chair and a dark figure of a guy walked in a circle around her. The angle of the captured video was like the one in CCTV. There was no sound either. "Noona..." Mir whispered, frightened to his wit end on what was going to happen next.

The dark figure of the guy in the video looked towards the camera and grin, showing his yellow teeth. Mir felt his heart dropped. He knew that guy. He was the one who had abducted him. Not the small slanted eyes one that had saved Mir. But the buff one who was supposed to be under police arrest by now. What the hell the police was doing?

The dark figure turned back again and took a large bottle put by the edge of what Mir assumed as bed. There was water in that bottle and the guy was pouring it out on the bed, on the curtain, all around Eunah but not on Eunah. The dark figure walked back to the camera and hold up a lighter before he lit that small green thing up and that was when everything clicked in Mir's brain. That liquid wasn't water but oil. They were going to burn Eunah alive. Eunah will ironically die in the same manner of Jiyeon.

Despite knowing it would be useless, Mir struggled against the sturdy cuff, didn't even care he had draw blood on the skin around his wrist, didn't care about him breaking his wrist, he just wanted to get out of here, wherever he was at, and get Eunah to safety.

"Stop! STOP! She has nothing to do with this!" Mir yelled his pleas as his tears started to wet his cheeks. "Please! Let her go. She is not the one to blame."

"Yes, you're right. She's innocent. She has nothing to do with this." Jackson turned to look at Mir with twisted smile on his face. "But she is your sister. That's her fault. Now, you can watch her die, unable to do anything to save her eventhough she was just in the next building."

Next building? Mir snapped his eyes around and saw through the wide open square on the wall which he assumed supposed to be the sliding door to the balcony and saw another building right across the small alley and realization hit him hard. He was in the building that was still under construction just next to the apartment building where Eunah live. That had made him struggled even more against his bind and his eyes wide and filled with anxiety trailed back to the video. He couldn't let someone harm Eunah. Not when he was just sitting a few meter away from his sister. As his mind fixed on that one thing, get out and get Eunah, he didn't even realize of a new voice other than his and Jackson filling the space of the unfinished building.

"Jackson..." A small voice called and a silhouette stepped out of the shadow.

Jackson gasped slightly. "J-jinyoung-ah." He stuttered, looking lost at the unexpected appearance of his group member.

Jr was looking pale and there were beads of cold sweat on his temple as he gagged once again, trying hard not to vomit. Seeing the condition of the smaller boy, Jackson tried to approach him to hold the wobbling boy stable, but one step he took, Jr took a step back, looking at him with fearful eyes. His chest tightened. Why would Jr be so scared of him? He wasn't going to hurt Jr. Not ever.

"Let him go. You don't have to do this." Jr forced his voice out as he sidestepping, maintaining his distance with Jackson until he was crouching by Mir's side. He made sure his eyes never left Jackson's.

Jackson's features tensed. "Ani... He deserved this. He deserved the pain." Jackson seethed through his teeth as his dark eyes sharpened and darkened even more when it trailed over to the still struggling Mir. Satisfied smile painted his face at the terrified look Mir was bearing and the crimson blood dripping from his wrist to his elbow and clothing.

"This isn't you." Jr whispered as he stood up again. "THIS ISN'T YOU!" He shouted, successfully earning back Jackson's attention towards him.

"Jinyoung-ah..." Jackson called softly. He was too startled by Jr's sudden outburst. "W-waegure? I did this for us. For you."

"No! Don't you ever say you did this for me. I never want this. Never!" He hissed and turned towards Mir as he tried to help Mir out of the cuff and tried even harder when he saw Mir's wide eyes were glued to the screen and heard his desperate voice calling for his sister as fire was up the space of the room in the video and soon after the video was lost. The fire probably had damaged the camera in Eunah's apartment.

"Stop that!" Jackson stomped towards Jr and pulled him away from Mir who was too lost in his thought for his sister to even notice Jr or even the fight that happened right in front of him. Jackson got a firm grip on Jr's shoulder and shook the frame to stop Jr's struggles. "Let him be. He deserves this. All those pain we felt, he deserves more!"

"NO! NO ONE DESERVE THAT KIND OF PAIN!" Jr screamed his loudest that he coughed just after his violent expression. Seconds later, he crumbled and fall against Jackson chest. "No one deserve this kind of pain." He repeated in a small whisper and he buried his face in Jakson's chest. "Not him. Not you. Not even me... This is all my fault. I turn you into this." Jr weeped weakly and sobbed louder when he felt Jackson gently rubbed his back. His gentle gesture that made Jr wanted to believe that he still didn't lose Jackson fully. Jackson was still the old kind and gentle Jackson. Not this... Not this Jackson who wouldn't hesitate to destroy people's life. "Please don't change into this. I know it's my fault."

As Jackson hold onto the weak figure Jr in his arms, the words Jr uttered seeped through every pores on his skin and went deep into his vein. Jr didn't want this. It was him who wanted this. Him alone. How could this be Jr's fault?

"It's not your fault." Jackson replied and hugged Jr close to his chest as the darkness left his eyes. He looked down on Mir and took out the key from his jeans pocket as he tossed it just in front of Mir who didn't once care to look over the two of them. This wasn't right. This was never right. No one deserve this kind of pain. Jr was right... He was wrong...

 

@@@@@

 

"Please be safe." JB kept on tapping his foot inside the taxi he was in. He was at a radio broadcast when he saw the text from Jr after he finally finished his schedule and all the misscalls from GO. Jr told him about Jackson's plan and now, JB was blaming himself for protecting Jackson instead of sending him straight into police hand. He should have hand over Jackson when GO came to meet Jr before. But he didn't have heart to. Jackson was his friend no matter what. How wrong had he been... Now Mir and Eunah were both in danger. Mir and Eunah had to bear the consequences of his selfish decision. He wouldn't forgive himself ever if anything bad befall on those two siblings. Ever.

Adrenaline was rushing through his vein. He had called GO back and told him about the text he got from Jr and GO said he would go straight to Eunah and though he didn't really know the exact reason, he had replied the older that he would too, abandoning his still unfinished show for his manager and Mark to handle it.

"Ahjushi. Can't you go faster?" JB told the taxi driver and ignored the glare he received in return as he again, tried to call Jackson's cell for the nth times. "Please don't let anything happen to them." He mumbled to himself. JB's eyes looked out of the taxi window, watching as the blurred lights passed by as his mind traveled to Jackson, hoping Jackson could stop before it was too late. Before none of the could turn back anymore.

 

*double updates*

-sorry this is a mess. I mean the whole fic, not just any particular chapter-