chapter 26

Antifan

Seungho tapped his foot on the floor impatiently. He was really tempted to eavesdrop the conversation between Mir and Jr. Part of him was curious. Part of him was worried. He wouldn't have left Mir with Jr alone since GO had voiced out his suspicion on the person involved in the abduction was Jr but Mir wanted to. That Jr kid. If he had any proves, then he would have been able to put him behind the bar. Away from Mir.

It should be fine, right? He was waiting just outside the door. Jr wouldn't dare to do anything. Right? Right...? But what if he really would? Worried, Seungho stepped closer to the close door and pasted one ear on the door. He rolled his eyes just a second later. What would he expect? Hearing sound from the other side of the door easily?

Seungho pulled away when his phone vibrated in the pocket of his jacket. He pulled out the buzzing device and checked on the new text he received. His brows went up high when he realized the text was from Rain. Weird... It had been years since they talked or even met the world star. They simply drifted away from each other after Rain moved into other company. Shrugging it off, he read the text.

 

Rain :

Hey. Is there something wrong with you guys? I heard your new album got pushed back for quite a while.

 

Seungho tilted his head and made a small sound of wind through his teeth. Rain didn't even contact them when all those rumors on Joon and Sanghyun leaving were up in the news. But now he did? Just basing on them delaying the album? What the hell with this scarily strong instinct of Rain? How the heck did he sense something was wrong when they haven't keep in touch for years. Rain was always like that. Whenever MBLAQ faced any kind of problem that seemed too much for them alone to handle, Rain somehow was always there. 

But then, Seungho remembered Mir and his eyes once again fall on the closed door. Mir hadn't met Jiyeon for six years yet the bond between them was really strong. Too strong for their own good. Some human were just that way, maybe. Some people just shared one or two things with others that made them unable to cut the ties fully, no matter how long they were being separated. Maybe that was the case between Jiyeon and Mir. And maybe it was also the same case between Rain and them. Another text came in, taking Seungho back to reality.

 

Rain :

You take forever to reply. Something really is wrong, isn't it? Yang Seungho, tell me the details. Now.

 

Even though it was simply a text, Seungho still shivered in fear. Rain could be scary even through text.

 

Seungho :

Aniyo, hyung. I was just a bit busy. Nothing is wrong. Album delaying happen almost all the time.

 

Rain :

Meet me now at ______ cafè.

 

Seungho refrained himself from facepalming using his phone. Really. Rain would always got it his way. He glanced at the closed door. Would it be okay for him to leave now? He still didn't trust Jr. But Rain would make him suffer if he didn't listen even when Rain was no longer their producer, the power Rain had over MBLAQ was for a lifetime.

Seungho made a quick call to GO and made sure to instruct the nurse to keep an eye on Mir until GO was here at least since he couldn't reach Eunah. Her phone was off which was kind of weird because since the thing that had happened on Mir, Eunah never let her phone off in case the police needed her or Mir or him... But it wasn't that bothering. He just put it off as Eunah was too distracted with her work. Now he had his own new problem to worry over. Rain.

 

@@@@@

 

Rain didn't say anything but as his sharp small eyes trained on Seungho, Seungho couldn't help but to blurt everything out. Maybe it was the worries and the stress he had been facing that made him unable to keep this as secret from Rain like he had done on Mir's friends except Key and Minho but even then, those two had been really good at keeping secret, maybe half of it was because of their busy schedule in Thailand that they wouldn't even have time to gossip, not that they ever would though given all the time in the world. They were good friends to Mir. 

Seeing Rain felt like he could depend on the older because in front of Rain, he wasn't the only one who had to bear the load of responsibility on his shoulder as a leader. By the time he finished all the details, of course leaving out the part of him getting depressed over this, Rain was nodding and let out a deep breath.

After a short pause, Rain leaned forward, arms on the glass table after pushing aside the cup of his already cold coffee. "I always though Jiyeon would come back to Cheolyong sooner or later. I never would have expect it ended this way."

Seungho felt his heart thundering at Rain's words. Reflecting Rain's position, he leaned with dark grim look. "You know about this from the very beginning?"

Rain's eyes slightly widened at the low threatening tone Seungho was using against him. Against him of all people. But then again, Seungho wasn't the coward type. If anything, it was the total opposite. "Seungho. Cheolyong was absent from practice for a month and no one said anything. You really think I wasn't involved in any way?" He asked back incredulously.

Biting his lips, Seungho fall back against his chair and hung his head low until his eyes shaded by his red locks. "It seemed like he trust you but not me." Seungho mumbled, shoulders pulled in.

Rain shook his head at the vulnerable sight of the man in front of him. "What is this? Are you jealous that he told me but not you?" He tested and smirked when Seungho obviously stiffened at his words before the younger raised both his face and voice.

"It's not jealousy!" Seungho defended. "It's just-" Seungho stopped himself and his voice became small again. "It's just that... It make me feel useless. You know about him. But I don't and in those six years, I have live on thinking Cheolyong as a happy boy-"

"He is happy." Rain cut Seungho off. Seungho clamped his mouth shut, seeing the confidence in Rain's voice when he said that and he almost believed it. Maybe Cheolyong was really happy? Maybe not? "Do you really think Cheolyong have the ability to fake a smile for six years? Cheolyong of all people?"

"It doesn't change the fact that he had suffered so much."

Rain sighed and reached out his hand across the table to clap it on Seungho's slumping shoulder. He let his hand landed lightly on the younger as he fear Seungho would shatter if he put too much force. He just looked that fragile right now. It had happened a few times before when he was still guiding MBLAQ but it sure didn't happen often. Seungho's breakdown.

"I just..." Seungho swallowed when he felt sting in his eyes. "Cheolyong is not the same boy I always thought he is."

"Seungho." Rain called softly, gentle look on his face. "You need to talk this out with Cheolyong."

Seungho's head shot up and he shook his head furiously. "No. Cheolyong can't know. He already had so much on his part."

Rain smiled. "Talk to him."

Seungho, again shook his head. "I don't want to worry him even more."

"Yang Seungho. Talk. To. Him." It wasn't a choice and Seungho could only reluctantly nodded once. Seungho knew if he didn't do just that, Rain would definitely forced his way into this issue just like before. Maybe he really should talk to Mir after all or this nagging feeling would never go away.

Seungho let out a heavy sigh. He really didn't want to burden Mir with his feelings. Mir had have enough in his hands already but he couldn't take care of Mir properly if this feeling of him kept on torturing him.

Seungho's phone vibrated and he answered in front of Rain who simply eyed him while sipping on his abandoned coffee. Rain gave a questioning stare when worries and fear sketched on Seungho's face as the younger was listening to the person on the line. Rain got alarmed when Seungho said those words.

"Cheolyong is missing?"

No... Please not again...