chapter 22

Antifan

Mir smiled slightly as this boy was talking about how he had treat him to an expensive dinner. How Mir had treated him like a good brother. Mir guessed, maybe he wasn't as much as a trash as he thought before. While listening, suddenly a thought crossed him. "Jaebummie." He called out. He didn't use formality since JB had been insisting him to be talking comfortably with him.

JB stopped his non-ending stories and raised his brows, making a small noise of, "Huh?"

Mir narrowed his eyes and looked carefully at JB. "You are from got7, right?" When JB nodded, Mir scooted closer to JB who was sitting at the edge of Mir's bed. "Then... Can I meet Jr?"

JB was evidently surprised by Mir's sudden request. Yes, Mir had lost his memories, but he wasn't retarded. He remembered clearly the name GO had mention when the older had taken a look to the pendant which was still in his possession up until now. And he was curious about the boy who was keeping the picture of the girl he loved. And still love. He wondered if he meet this boy... Maybe he could meet Jiyeon again. He swore to himself he wouldn't appear in front of Jiyeon because he didn't want to hurt her like before. He just wanted to see her. Even if it was just from far, he would have been grateful. Just a glance. Just a glance and he would feel like he could continue his life again. Just a glance...

"Urm... I don't think-"

"Please." Mir desperately pleaded and even grabbed JB's hand with both of his hands. He saw JB looked away thoughfully. He seemed conflicted. "Please." Mir squeezed JB's hand and smiled slightly when JB sighed in defeat. 

"I can do that, but the hyungs won't allow you to meet him for..." JB hesitated, looking away. "Several reasons..." He said weakly.

"Then don't tell them. It's just between you and me." Mir assured, trying to find JB's eyes. He released a breath he was holding when JB finally nodded. He then set up for the time he knew he would be alone and could sneak out easily.

 

@@@@@

 

"Hey Cheolyong. I brought you-" GO stopped and looked around the empty room. "Cheolyong?" He called out and set down the plastic bag of food unto the side table of Mir's bed. Stroding to the bathroom, he knocked on the door. No answer. So he pushed the door and inspect the empty room. Frowning, GO went out to the counter and asked the nurse if Mir had any examination done on him because the maknae wasn't in his room. Truthfully, he had actually break into cold sweat. Feeling his chest pounding on ribcage. He was scared. He was frightened. What if someone had taken their maknae away again?

When the nurse frowned as she checked into her computer and GO felt his leags weakened when the nurse shook her head. "What do I do? What do I do?" Panic-strickened, GO ran out of the building, looking around the road. Around the building. The hospital park. No. Mir wasn't here. Feeling fear overwheling him, he phoned Seungho and told the leader. Seungho had asked him to stay put as he was sure the leader could detect the fear in his voice.

But he couldn't. He couldn't stay put. If someone had taken Mir again, he couldn't just stood in the same place and let Mir being taken farther away from him. From them. He couldn't lost the maknae. Not again. Never again.

Running back into the building, he had requested for the guards there to review the CCTV. Maybe. Maybe he could know what happened. And he did know. It was the recording from that morning. Mir was still in his room. And no one ever came for the maknae. The maknae changed into the clothes Sanghyun had brought for him before and left on his own.

GO frowned. Well... At least he knew Mir wasn't abducted. But... Where were Mir going? It wasn't like Mir had any place to go. That boy lost his memories. Where would someone with no memories go?

 

@@@@@

 

Mir had been grateful to Sanghyun because the older had brought him his clothes, wallet and phone. So, it was easier for him to go out of the hospital into this strange outside world. But it wasn't scary. Just strange and new. Mir had a feeling he wasn't the type to get scared with anything new. Maybe he was a curious being. Maybe he loved exploring. And maybe because of that, he had been walking, well, more like limping around the place aimlessly until he finally found JB who was waiting at the bus stop not that far from the hospital.

"Where's him?" Mir instantly asked once he reached JB's side.

"You found this place." JB said, amused look on his face.

Mir shrugged. "It's not that hard." Mir followed the younger as JB beckoned him to a cafe. Mir didn't say anything when JB guided him to a hidden corner of the cafe and felt a skip of the beat in his heart when he saw the boy in the picture kept in the pendant was waiting there. Jr...

"Jinyoung-ah." JB called and the said boy looked away from the glass wall, from watching the people passing by this cafe towards both JB and Mir. Mir shuddered slightly as he saw how dark Jr's eyes looked when that pair of orbs drifted to him.

Taking the seat, no one said anything. Mir's and Jr's eyes never left each other while JB was waiting nervously, preparing himself just in case Jr burst out of anger and started a fight. He hoped nothing of some sort happened. He was still doubting his own decision for taking Mir here. Maybe he shouldn't have done that but they were here already. Might as well get this done with.

"She's dead." Was the first sentence Jr blurted out as his eyes sharp on Mir. Studying the older.

Mir blinked. It took him a few seconds to process the words. She's dead? She... Who? But by the look Jr was shooting him, he knew deep down who Jr meant. But he still asked though. "Who?"

Jr scoffed as bitter smile caressed his lips. "Jiyeon."

That one name. That one word. That name, striked Mir like a thunderous bolt. Mir swore he heard his heart breaking like glasses. Shattering into nothingness. He felt his blood froze in his vein and suddenly he was alone in darkness. Alone. Alone... He could see nothing. He could hear nothing. He could feel nothing. Except pain. Pain that numb him.

"She died because of you." Jr continued and ignored JB's warning for him to stop.

If the mere fact of Jiyeon's death hadn't already broken Mir inside out, the next words Jr had uttered would have definitely broke him. Mir couldn't react. It was too painful. It was too... Excruciating...

"Why so quiet? Huh? Did you even hear me? You kill Jiyeon!" Jr's voice was high and the boy was just a second away from exploding on Mir but he stopped dead when Mir suddenly stood up. Mir's move was slow, without energy. He was taken aback when he saw something familiar in Mir's eyes. Pain. Lost. Longing. All swirled in those soft brown orbs, looking exactly like Jiyeon's eyes. Too similar that Jr literally saw Jiyeon in Mir.

"Hyung?" JB called out but it was like Mir didn't hear him. It was like Mir didn't hear anyone. Didn't see anyone. Mir dragged his feet out of the cafe. He bumped his shoulder with a few of other customers before he finally stepped out of the cafe. JB turned towards Jr, his jaw clenching. "Satisfied?" He spat venomously and left.

Jr who was still very much affected from the look in Mir's eyes before, shook his head, trying to get his senses back. What is this? What's with that look? What's with those eyes?

 

@@@@@

 

JB pulled on Mir's hand, feeling how the older was shaking. Trembling. But Mir didn't cry. It was like Mir still hadn't processed the things Jr had thrown right on his face. "Jr lied... Right?" Mir's small voice asked with hope lacing his tone. He looked up to JB wide round child-like eyes, hoping JB would nodded or confirmed his words. He didn't even notice how right at this moment, he was looking younger than JB. But somehow JB knew that even Mir didn't really believe that false hope.

JB took a step closer and shook his head. He watched as Mir's eyes trailed down on the pavements. How those brown orbs moved quickly in thought. How Mir's bottom lips quivered. 

When he felt Mir was tugging his hand away, trying to leave, JB grabbed tighter. He couldn't just let Mir walked away in this state. When Mir started to struggle against him, JB had to yank the older until Mir was in his hold. He tried his best so Mir wouldn't get away from him. Usually, JB couldn't have hold onto Mir alone. Mir was stronger than him but Mir was still healing. Healing from all the physical wound. And now, a new wound had weakened Mir more. Wound on his soul.

As Mir fall unto the side road, kneeling, JB followed, still holding Mir. It saddened JB that his hyung had become so weak. It saddened him that eventhough Mir was pushing him, hitting his shoulders, it didn't hurt at all. Mir was so weak. So powerless...

"Jiyeon can't die. She can't die." Mir whispered and stopped struggling against JB. He clencehed unto JB's sweater and cried. It was soft faint sobs at first and later, Mir was wailing. Crying out loud. Calling for Jiyeon's name. As if Jiyeon could hear him and came back to him. But no... It was empty. And it will always be empty. His life. Without Jiyeon.

It was empty...

 

@@@@@

 

Jr looked around once he stepped out of the cafe and saw JB was holding on Mir, easily dominating the older despite all the struggles and few punches. He stepped closer but halted when he saw both boys fall, kneeling on the pavement and later, Mir's broken cries reached his ears. It sounded so broken. It made anyone who heard the cries winced, flinched, and would have even ran away from there to not hear such broken sound. The sound was filled with anguish. Grief. Tortures...

Jr inhaled short sharp breath. He felt his chest tightened that he couldn't breath. That broken cries. That broken look. That sound... That look... Was too familiar. Was too similar. Mir was as broken as Jiyeon. Maybe even more...

"Jinyoung." A hand on Jr's shoulder didn't even succeed in bringing Jr's eyes away from the sight of broken Mir. So, the one calling his name had to physically turned Jr away from that sight and faced him. It was Jackson. Looking at him with hurt and concern eyes. "JB called me here. What is going on?"

Jr looked up into Jackson's eyes. He didn't know how to answer. Then, as if he was under a spell, he turned again, to look over his shoulder. Mir was still there. Still crying. Still broken. Still destroyed. He couldn't look away. Because right now, the image of Mir kept switching with image of Jiyeon.

"Jinyoung." Jackson called again. There was pain in his voice. Jr knew he had hurt his friend again, so he let Jackson pulled him into a hug. But he didn't notice the hatred in Jackson's eyes each time those dark orbs fall over Mir. "Let's go home." Jackson tried to pull Jr with him but Jr tugged back, trying to approach the two boys kneeling on the side road but he was blocked by Jackson. "Stop it. You're just going to get hurt again."

Jr would have protested. But as his eyes locked with Jackson, he could only let Jackson pulled him away from that place. Away from Mir. Because he knew, as much as he was hurting, Jackson felt the same pain as well. However, as he was leaving, he still stole a glance at the crumbling figure. So... Destroyed.

 

*double updates*