chapter 14

Antifan

So... His name is Cheolyong... He knew that much. His name is Cheolyong and he wanted to die. He wanted to die... The two men sitting in front of his lying figure kept watching over Mir while Mir's eyes were glued to the blade which was put in front of him. 

He tried. He did try to reach for that blade but his hand won't move. His own body won't listen to him. His limbs felt heavy like they were chained down by metal balls.

"What? Now that you've come back from death, you're afraid to do it again?" The coarse voice taunted him.

Afraid...? Was he scared? He didn't remember having that feeling right now. But when he did try to kill himself before, did he feel scared? When he slit his wrist, was there fear in his heart? He couldn't remember. He remembered slitting his wrist like a mute video replaying in front of his eyes. But he couldn't remember the emotion he felt while doing that.

"Hyung... I don't think he can move." The shorter man suddenly said while ponting towards the small flickering movements of Mir's finger. Only flickers... Nothing more.

"He's paralyzed?" The other frowned in confusion but the shorter man could only shrugged. How would he knew? Suddenly, the coarse voice erupted in loud laugh once again, roaring through the abandoned building. "He is so... Pitiful." He said in between in laugh, obviously mocking Mir down. "J would love hearing this. Ya, make sure he won't run away. Not that he could." The coarse voice took out his cellphone and walked away, still laughing loudly.

The shorter man watched his partner walked out of the building. He pulled a disgusted face before he turned back to Mir. "Can you talk?" He asked curiously, his voice almost sounded gentle.

Mir opened his mouth and tried but there was no words forming. Only a small noise of grunt came out from the back of his throat. Mir panted slightly. Trying to move and talk seemingly caused him so much energy and now he was exhausted.

"Hey... No need to force yourself." Mir looked up on the man with questioning eyes. Why was this man being so nice to him? He thought these people wanted him dead.

"Don't look at me like that." The man sighed and sat by Mir's side. "It's not like I have a choice. And..." Again, he sighed leaving his sentence incomplete.

Mir wasn't really interested to know. His eyes fall back on the blade. End this... End this... He wanted to end this... This time, without failing. Grunting, he managed to bring his hand towards the blade and again, heaving deep and fast breath for this slight movement had caused him a lot.

The man looked over Mir with wide eyes. He quickly took the blade and put it slightly farther from its original position. "You really want to die, aren't you?" The shorter man breathed out, somehow, his tone suggesting how he wasn't agreeing with Mir's thoughts. "Why?" This time, it was pure curiosity. Why would someone like Mir wanted to die? Mir was a star. An idol with lots of fans who loved and adored him. And from his research, Mir had a loving and wealthy family. Everyone would have wanted to live as Mir whom had it all. Wealth, popularity, love... All...

The man cursed to himself as he was once again, curious about this fallen star in front of him. Maybe he shouldn't have done all that research. He shouldn't have tried to know Mir because now... Now, he lost the courage to carry on with the work he had been assigned to. To kill Mir's soul.

Mir couldn't bring himself to answer that. Well, partly because he still have some problem to untie his numb tongue which was just as numb as his limbs. But, mostly because he didn't have answer for that question. He wanted to die. But... Why? He couldn't recall the reason. Just the will. To die...

 

@@@@@

 

Seungho punched the wall in frustration. When Taewon had told him that the police had tracked down the car, hope climbed up in him. But then, the car was a rented one. His hope came crashing down. Then, they had to comb through records of the people who had rented that car. After much difficulty, tired eyes and aching back and neck, they finally narrowed it down to two people. When police informed they had found the house of the suspect, his hope once again rose up only to crash down cruelly when they reached the house, it was empty of any soul. The owner has moved out, based on the neighbour's statement.

"Calm down. We haven't lost all the leading clues yet." Taewon clasped on Seungho's shoulder. He knew he shouldn't have allowed Seungho and his friends to join the operation but these four lads were really persistent. And he kind of needed all help he could get. They were fighting with time. It had been days and his staffs were still monitoring the road CCTV from the hospital.

Suddenly, his phone went off. Walking away from Seungho, he answered the call. Seungho only gave a glance towards the head of police officer. He almost felt defeat when GO came over to him and took a hold on his shoulders.

GO shook his head. "Don't give up yet. He must be waiting for us." GO whispered. In these three days, it seemed that GO had gathered back his composure. GO had tried his best to hold himself together in this fight of getting Mir back but Seungho... Seungho was different. Seungho started strong and now he was losing to himself bit by bit. He was falling off pieces by pieces.

"What if-" Seungho stopped himself when he felt light pressure on his shoulder. Seeing GO's eyes looking a bit teary, he scolded himself innertly for almost saying what he was about to say. He needed to stay positive. For GO. For Eunah who was lying sick in the hospital, worrying over her little brother. For Mir.

"Hyung." Sanghyun came jogging to them. "Let's go. Taewon-shi said they detected the car three days ago going towards Seongnam. They are still keeping the track meanwhile, we should head there too." Sanghyun informed and beckoned both Seungho and GO whom immediately alerted on the new information. Another lead and this time please don't let it be another dead end. Or one of them might really breakdown this time.

Seungho and GO nodded to each other and followed Sanghyun into Joon's car. Wait for us, Cheolyong.Seungho's heart had whispered while trying to calm the loud thumping against his chest. When he felt GO's hand gripping on the sleeves of his shirt tightly, he knew GO was sharing his feeling. The undeniable hope that once again climbing into their very being.