Chapter 52 - Her first step

The Heart

The morning alarm hadn’t gone off but Jong Kook was already waken up by the noises in their bedroom. He turned around and Ji Hyo was not on the bed. He was surprise looking at the clock which was only 6 A.M. Ji Hyo woke up before 6 A.M on the no work day was really unusual. He looked around to find the source of the noise and only finding Ji Hyo being buried by her own clothes.

“What are you doing yeobo?” – He rubbed his eyes and asked, tired.

“I am looking for a good outfit to see your mother but why I can’t find anything.” – She said, frustrated.

He slowly walked to the closet and sat down next to her

“Calm down. Don’t be nervous! You look good in everything.” – He softly told her.

“But I have to find the kind of clothes that your mother likes oppa. What if it is too revealing or too modern? Your mother will not like it.” – She rushed out her concern.

He pulled her in his chest and caressed her head. – “Just be yourself! Don’t worry about too many things. My mother has to accept you as who you are. You are special and precious. Don’t try to change your image to fit other’s taste, you understand?”

“Thank you oppa. You are always so wise.” – She softly said, thankful.

He smiled softly and kissed her gently on her head.

“Ok. Now you have to stay away from me so I can get ready.” – She abruptly said and pushed him away.

“Wow really?” – He raised his voice with absurd but then he laughed. Even her senseless action was cute to him.

She finally chose a simple beige dress to be her outfit of the day.

“How do I look oppa?” – She asked him while checking herself in the mirror.

“Hmmm. Can you turn around?” – He asked and she obediently turned around facing him.

He stared at her for while with a serious face then asked her to turn around one more time. She also turned without question. But then he asked her to turn one more round. Then she lost her temper. –“Is something wrong with my outfit oppa?” – She asked, frustrated.

“No” – He shook his head. – “I just want to look at you a little longer because you are too beautiful.” – He smiled

“Oppa…” – She stepped her feet firmly on the floor from frustration but also couldn’t hide her smile from his sweet words. – “Well, I am leaving now before you wasting more of my time.” – She said and rushed out the bedroom but he already got her hand and pulled her back – “Not so fast” – He said. Before she could scold him, he already sealed her lips with his, softly, and sweetly. – “Good luck, yeobo!” – He whispered and released her from his embrace.

Her cheek turned rose. He always knew how to make her heart flustered. “Thank you oppa” – She softly said and waved him goodbye.

She drove to his parents’ house by herself. Even though she had amnesia but driving was one of the skills that she didn’t forget. She was nervous at first but Jong Kook helped her to do some practice and she was able to drive as well as before.

She was standing in front of his parents’ house but her hands were soaking with sweat. She was nervous, kept reaching her hand to the doorbell than pulled it back down before pressing it for more than 20 times. She was about to turn around and leave but the housekeeper called out her name as that ajuma saw her through the gate.

“Song Ji Hyo? What are you doing here?” – The housekeeper happily opened the gate and greeted Ji Hyo.

“N-ne, how are you.” – Ji Hyo softly greeted –“Is eomoeni home?” – She nicely asked.

“Yes, she is.” – The housekeeper answered and led Ji Hyo to the living room where Jong Kook’s mother having her morning tea.

“Annyeongheaseyo.” – Ji Hyo politely bowed at his mother.

His mother was surprised for a moment seeing Ji Hyo. She gave Ji Hyo a sharp glaze then turned to the house keeper and yelled – “Since when you let stranger go inside the house like this.”

The housekeeper was flutter – “I am sorry. It’s Song Ji Hyo – ssi, so …”

“So what?” – His mother yelled.

“It was my fault eomoeni. I am sorry for getting inside the house without your permission.” – Ji Hyo bowed, apologetically.

“What are you doing here?” – His mother asked, still not looking at Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo walked closer to his mother and handed her a gift box. “I am working with a Skin care company from French and they introduced me a very good skin care set. I see your skin is really nice so I thought you may like to try this product too.” – She politely explained.

His mother still kept her arrogant attitude toward Ji Hyo but couldn’t hide her curiosity hearing a skin care product from French so she opened the gift box. Her eyes totally sparked with surprised seeing the skin care set that cost almost $1000. She really wanted to give Ji Hyo a big hug for giving her the skincare set that she had been dying to get. However, she still kept her annoyed expression like she didn’t care at all about the product.

“Who tell you to bring this here? I don’t need thing like that.” – His mother arrogantly said, but her stomach was dying, hoping Ji Hyo wouldn’t take it back.

“No one tell me to bring it here. I just want to give it to you as thank you for giving birth to a great man as oppa.” – Ji Hyo softly said.

His mother’s heart was warm from Ji Hyo words but she was still too egotistical to be nice to Ji Hyo.

“If you just come here to give me the gift then you can leave now.” – His mother said, rudely.

“Well, actually, I want to have a facial today but no one can come with me so I just wonder if you like to have facial with me at Top Skin Spa.” – She asked, sneakily checking his mother’s expression.

His mother was obviously delighted the moment she heard the name Top Skin Spa but she quickly putted back her serious face. – “I don’t like place like that, too crowded.” – His mother stated.

Ji Hyo knew that his mother only wanted to make thing difficult so she pretended to beg. – “Really? It’s unfortunate. It is not easy to make appointment there at all. If it’s not because I am a celebrity, they would make me wait for two months. Then I have to go there by myself, I guess.” – She said, pitiful voice.

His mother cleared , worrying Ji Hyo would actual go by herself. – “Well, since you took so much effort to make appointment there, I will just go this time only ok?”

“Really?” – Ji Hyo squealed happily.

“Lucky for you that I am free today so let’s go quickly. I have thing to do later too.” – His mother stated.

“N-ne, of course eomoeni.” -  Ji Hyo brightly answered then led his mother to her car.

They quickly arrived to Top Skin bar. Two lines of employees were waiting to greet them brightly.

“Annyeongheaseyo Song Ji Hyo –ssi. It is our pleasure to have you here.” – The manager politely bowed at Ji Hyo – “Is it your mother?”

“No, this is my future mother in law. She is mother of singer Kim Jong Kook. Isn’t she beautiful?” – Ji Hyo told the manager and looked happily at his mother who was still arrogantly looking away even though she was super happy inside being treated as VIP in the spa that rejected her appointment for ten times and hearing Ji Hyo’s compliment.

“Of course she is beautiful. It is our pleasure to have you here, Madam.” – The manager brightly greet Jong Kook’s mother.

“Thank you.” – His mother said, haughty.

“Can we have a private area just for the two of us? Eomoeni doesn’t like too many people around. I want to do the diamond skin care package for two of us and also the deluxe massage.” – Ji Hyo demanded the manager. – “Is it ok with you eomoeni?” – She turned to his mother and nicely asked.

His mother quietly nodded. She didn’t want to speak fr she had to say thank you to JI Hyo for ordering the dream package that she always wanted. Those services easily costed $600 per person.

“Wow you are so lucky having a generous daughter in law like this madam. Only our VVIP is willing to do diamond package.” – The manager stated, envious.

His mother arrogantly took the compliment but inside her heart, she was super delighted with Ji Hyo’s treat.

Their treatment took 3 hours and their skin was visibly brightened up. His mother couldn’t hide her happiness looking herself in the mirror. “No wonder this place is so expensive. My skin looks much better.” – She told Ji Hyo.

“Your skin always looks good eomoeni.” – Ji Hyo compliment, happy that his mother started making conversation with her.

Before they left the place, Ji Hyo took care of the payment and told the manager. “Please book monthly appointment for my eomoeni with any treatment that she wants and bills it to my account ok?”

“You don’t have to do that.” – His mother told her.

“It’s nothing eomoeni. Please come here monthly to take care of your skin. It’s really good for you. And if you want a company, just let me know, I will go with you ok?” – Ji Hyo nicely offered with a bright smile.

“If you keep insisting, I have no choice then.” – His mother said, still couldn’t offer Ji Hyo a smile but Ji Hyo didn’t care. She happily thanked his mother for accepting her offer.

She considered her first day with her mother in law was a success. She happily dropped his mother home then went back to her apartment to show off her day with Jong Kook.

He of course was happy hearing Ji Hyo making progress with his mother but he was mainly happy because of the effort that Ji Hyo putted in. He knew that it wasn’t easy on her to keep being nice with his arrogant mother but she did it, without complaint. He appreciated her effort very much. Once again, he knew he wasn’t wrong to choose to stick with her. That woman, despite the fact that she lost her memory, still loved him, a lot. And of course, he also loved her, more than anything.