Chapter 12 - The fight

The Heart

Song Ji Hyo’s mind at that moment was a mess. She walked next to Jong Kook without realizing that he had been staring at her the entire time. “It really found its way to me” was the only thought that Ji Hyo had. Jong Kook still tried to puzzle the situation. One thing about Ji Hyo that he was sure was she loved her sister. In the 5 years they were together, there were rough day, frustrated day but never once he heard Ji Hyo yelled at Shin Hye with anger even at work or at home. Jong Kook wondered what could make Ji Hyo that angry. He wanted to ask but Song Ji Hyo didn’t seem like she was in the mood for conversation. She kept quiet the entire time they walking and her mind seemed to travel elsewhere.

The filming end with Ji Hyo team at lost since she couldn’t focus all day. Jong Kook was also in frustration from Ji Hyo weird behavior so he stopped her when she was walking soullessly to her car.

  • Ji Hyo. – Called Jong Kook
  • Oh, oppa. – Ji Hyo startled as her mind was still elsewhere
  • What happened today? You seemed distracted.
  • Oh nothing oppa. I’m just … tired, I guess.
  • Are you ok? Can you go to the gathering party or should I take you home? – Jong Kook asked as Running Man crew and cast was supposed to go the gathering dinner that was planned last week.
  • I’m ok oppa may be a little alcohol will help. – Ji Hyo said
  • I don’t want to interfere with your personal life but what happened earlier in the dressing room? I have never seen you yell at Shin Hye like that before.

Ji Hyo startled as she was worried that Jong Kook heard their conversation but she guessed he didn’t hear much considering he asked her about it.

  • Nothing oppa, just some disagreement.
  • What’s disagreement?
  • Well, I want to choose Star Empire as my new agency but Shin Hye didn’t agree.
  • Star Empire? Isn’t it Kim Dong Jun agency? Did you choose it because of him? – Jong Kook raised his eyebrow and his voice at the same time

Ji Hyo was in shock seeing Jong Kook quickly guessed the reason behind her selection. She could feel a fire was burning through Jong Kook body especially they just had the argument about Dong Jun in the morning. She was speechless and trying to find an excuse but a woman voice interrupted her.

  • Oppa – A pretty woman ran to Jong Kook and hugged him from the back putting Ji Hyo in shockwave.
  • Park Soo Jin, what are you doing here? – Jong Kook turned around and greeted that girl. The surprise still hadn’t disappeared from his eyes.
  • Oh, you found him? – Yoo Jae Suk asked as he walking toward Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, together with the rest of the cast.
  • N-ne, thank you. – The girl brightly said
  • This girl ran around the set and looked for you. She said your mom told her you were filming here so I thought she knew you well. That’s why I show her here. – Jae Suk continued.
  • Is she your family member? – Suk Jin asked.
  • N-ne. I am his fiancée. – Soo Jin brightly answered putting Ji Hyo and the entire casts in huge surprise.
  • FIANCEE? – All the casts looked at each other in shock then they looked at Jong Kook with question mark and glanced at Ji Hyo with worry.
  • Hey guys, it’s time to go it. – The PD yelled, pulling everybody out of their confusing mess.

Ji Hyo was still widening her eyes looking at Jong Kook waiting for an answer but all she got was a dead silent. “Let’s go”, she said while holding Gary by his arm and dragging him to his car while everybody were still in surprise stage and didn’t know what to do. Jong Kook yelled out Ji Hyo’s name but she didn’t even turn her head back.

Her mind at that moment was at chaos. There was too much shocking news presented to her in one day. First she found the one carrying her first love’s heart now she found out her current boyfriend had a fiancé. She really didn’t know how to face Jong Kook any more. 10 minutes ago he was crazily jealous of a boy that was 9 years younger than her and now a girl came up to them and pronounced that she was his fiancée. “Just what game is he playing?” – She kept asking herself on the way to the restaurant.

  • Are you ok? – Gary worriedly asked seeing the emotionless Ji Hyo
  • I don’t know oppa. Should I be ok after finding out my 2 years boyfriend has a fiancée? – Ji Hyo sarcastically asked
  • I’m sure Jong Kook hyung has an explanation about this Ji Hyo ah. – counselled Gary
  • It doesn’t seem like it oppa. He couldn’t even give an excuse to me earlier. – said Ji Hyo with a gloom tone. Her eyes kept looking on the street as her mind wandering with all the confusing thoughts.

Soo Jin also followed Jong Kook to the dinner. She didn’t seem to know about Jong Kook and Ji Hyo yet. She was still brightly hold Jong Kook arms and sat next to Jong Kook inside the restaurant. Ji Hyo and Gary sat across from them. All the casts got awfully quiet for the night. They still couldn’t figure out what the situation was so they hesitate to say anything. They felt like everything they said could set on a big fight. They had thousands questions to ask Jong Kook but it didn’t seem ideal when all the running man crew was around. Soo Kin kept putting food on Jong Kook’ plate and tried to converse with him but he retained looking at Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo kept chucking one glass of Soju to another. She didn’t look at Jong Kook, her eyes kept fixing at the soju bottle. She was still waiting for his explanation but it didn’t seem like he would give it to her anytime soon.

  • Stop it Ji Hyo. You have enough. – Gary took the soju bottle away from Ji Hyo.
  • I want more. I’m Ok. – Ji Hyo took the bottle back.
  • I said you have enough. – Gary put the bottle down to the table.

Ji Hyo cell phone rang before she could steal the bottle back.

  • Annyeongheaseyo – Ji Hyo picked up the call
  • Annyeongheaseyo noona. – a bright male voice greeted Ji Hyo over the phone
  • Who is it? – Ji Hyo asked
  • It’s me noona, Dong Jun
  • Oh, Dong Jun ah – Ji Hyo brightly answered but Jong Kook face turned dark hearing Dong Jun name. He was still mad about Ji Hyo decided to choose Star Empire as her new agency. He was certain that her decision had something to do with Dong Jun.
  • What are you doing noona?
  • Oh, I am having dinner with Running Man family at the K BBQ restaurant near by SBS. Do you wanna join us?
  • Can I? I’m really close by there.
  • Sure. If you want to. – Ji Hyo said and she noticed an angry stare from Jong Kook but she didn’t care to look back at him. She knew he was jealous but she was jealous too. She was mad too. She knew they were in the fight but she deserved an explanation. She would believe whatever his excuse was because she always believed in him but he chose to be silent, no explanation given and it hurt her. His silence made her wonder if he did it in purpose to pay back at her. If that was the case then she wouldn’t mind to use Dong Jun to pay back at him neither. Let’s see who would be the one staying longer in this paying back game – Ji Hyo thought.
  • Noona. – Dong Jun brightly greeted Ji Hyo and politely bowed at other members as he running to Ji Hyo seat. He noticed right away the awkward silence inside the restaurant. He hung out with Running Man cast and crew once and it was full of chatter and laughter, not deadly quiet like this. He also noticed a pretty girl clinging on Jong Kook. He also saw Jong Kook stared coldly at him but he didn’t care he just focused on Ji Hyo who was in her more than drunken stage. – Noona, are you ok? You seemed to be very drunk. – He said and sat next to Ji Hyo
  • Oh, I am ok Dong Jun ah. Oh you looked so handsome. Did you just perform somewhere? – Asked Ji Hyo with a drunken voice as looking at Dong Jun with his perfect hair and make-up and his stage outfit still on. Her compliment put a broad smile on Dong Jun face but terrible anger on Jong Kook eyes. He couldn’t believe Ji Hyo just compliment another man in front of him more than that it was Dong Jun who they had a fight about earlier.
  • N-ne noona. Am I looked kool in this outfit noona. – Dong Jun happily asked
  • Of course, our Dong Jun always look cool – Ji Hyo smiled at Dong Jun making his face turn red. The word “our Dong Jun” sound so sweet and nature from her. She looked even prettier with the silly drunken smile on her face made Dong Jun’s heart kept jumping up and down.

He kept looking at her and smile. The world seemed to all disappear around him and only Ji Hyo still existed. He didn’t care other members staring at him in surprise or Jong Kook gazing at him with anger. In front of him was only her, the beautiful noona that he dreamed about every night, the one that kept his heart beating out of control but calming it down at the same time. He unknowingly put his hand on Ji Hyo face. “You are so pretty, noona” – He gently said and Jong Kook immediately exploded.

  • What are you two doing? – Jong Kook yelled, startling everybody in the restaurant.
  • Well, it’s already late. Let’s go home. – Jae Suk said seeing the situation was about to go sour.
  • Yeah, we should go. I’m so tired – Suk Jin agreed trying to pull angry Jong Kook out of the restaurant before a fight broke down.
  • HaHa, can you send Ji Hyo home? – Jae Suk asked.
  • I can take noona home. – Dong Jun offered before Haha could nod his head.
  • It will be inconvenience for you Dong Jun ah. HaHa lives in the same complex with Ji Hyo. – Jae Suk quickly said since he already predicted that nothing good would come from having Dong Jun taking Ji Hyo home. It liked pouring more oil in the burning fire.
  • I don’t mind at all. Can I take you home noona? I drive by myself today. – Dong Jun ignored Jae Suk advice and looked at Ji Hyo sweetly.
  • Sure. Let’s go Dong Jun. – Ji Hyo said and tried to stand up but it she felt down right away. Dong Jun quickly pulled Ji Hyo up, put her arm around his shoulder and carried her to his car.
  • Stop right there. – Jong Kook yelled in the parking lot when Dong Jun trying to put Ji Hyo in his car. Soo Jin was still on Jong Kook side but he didn’t seem to notice. Soo Jin had been sensing something weird between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo but she ignored it in purpose. She kept following Jong Kook around and took care of his meal even he disregarded her the entire time. She seemed to be invisible even when she was right next to him. She could tell that in his eyes there was only one woman exist and it was definitely not her. His eyes kept fixing on Ji Hyo direction even she was the one sat next to him.
  • Why hyung? – Dong Jun asked
  • I will take her home. – Jong Kook firmly said
  • I don’t think you can do that hyung. I’m sure the lady next to you waiting for you to take her home too. – Dong Jun said while glancing at Soo Jin
  • Right oppa, I’m tired. I want to go home just let him take her home. – Soo Jin said and put her hand tightly on Jong Kook arm but he pushed her hand away. Jong Kook came up to Ji Hyo and pulled her in his arm.
  • Let’s go home Ji Hyo. – Jong Kook said.
  • I don’t want to go with you. You should take your fiancée home. – Ji Hyo furiously resisted, pushing Jong Kook away.
  • She was my fiancée but not any more we broke up 5 years ago. – Jong Kook yelled
  • I don’t care. I don’t want to hear your explanation today. Let’s go Dong Jun. – Ji Hyo walked back to Dong Jun but Jong Kook quickly pulled she back to his chest and landed a passionate kiss in her lips putting both Dong Jun and Soo Jin in surprise.
  • You and you – Jong Kook pointed at Dong Jun and Soo Jin after releasing the kiss with his arm still tightly held on Ji Hyo. – look at this carefully. She is my girlfriend. Don’t try to interfere our relationship any more – Said Jong Kook firmly then he carried Ji Hyo in his arms and put her in his car leaving Soo Jin and Dong Jun speechless from the scene they just witnessed.