Chapter 51 - Date night

The Heart

The sun already rose high but Ji Hyo was still not able to open her eyes. was dry and her head felt like being chopped by an axe.

“Time to wake up sleeping beauty.” – Jong Kook gently said, pressed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Oppa, why my throat is so dry.” – She asked, sleepy voice.

“Because someone drank too much last night.” – He scolded, playfully.

“Did I?” – She asked, trying to sit up but her heavy head pushed her back down to the bed. – “Arg, My head is hurt too.” – She said, rubbing her temple. – “Am I sick oppa?” – She asked, closing her eyes again.

“No, you are not sick. You just have hangover.” – He said, sat down on the bed and softly massaging her forehead.

“It feels good, oppa.” – She softly said with her sealed eyes, enjoying his gentle massage.

 Even though her head wanted to rest in bed but her stomach kept having a protest and made loud noise.

“You need to eat something yeobo.” – Jong Kook advised.

“I want to but my head hurt too much oppa. I can’t move.” – She answered, eyes still refused to open.

“Then oppa will take you to the dining table then.” – He said then putted her on his back and carried her to the dining room.

She rested her head comfortably on his shoulder, tied her hands around his neck - “You back is so nice oppa.” – She complimented

He smiled, feeling her on his back. Something simple, something peaceful was on his back. The feeling of taking care of his woman, the feeling of his woman became so small, so delicate so he could take care of her was precious. Happiness sometime simply was just having someone to care for. He was happy, taking care of her, even just the smallest thing.

“Sit down here.” – He said, gently putted her down on the dining chair.

Her head immidiately dropped down to the dining table and continued her rest. He couldn’t help but laugh.

“Are you ok yeobo?” – He asked

“N-ne.” – She answered, still not giving up on the table.

He putted the hot pot of haejangguk in front of her and gently pulled her shoulder straight up from the table.

“Open your mouth, oppa will feed you.” – He softly demanded

“Ahhh” – She nicely opened even though her eyes were still sealed tight. She looked adorable as a kindergarten kid that got pulled off from the bed against her will.

He carefully blew the spoon of hot soup before feeding her. She obediently swallowed the soup straight to her stomach without chewing.

“Is it good yeobo?” – He asked.

“N-ne” – She answered. – “What is it oppa?”

“It’s haejangguk. It will help to chase your hangover away. Before, you always wanted to eat this after you drank.”  - He explained.

“Did I drink a lot before oppa?” – She asked, after getting fed the second spoon.

He laughed – “Of course you did, your tolerance was even higher than me.”

“Really? Anyway, what happened last night oppa? Did I drink a lot?” – She asked, tired.

“Why are you asking me? I should be the one to ask. Last night I came home and saw you felt asleep on top of Soo Jin. What did you two ladies do last night?”

Her eyes wide opened from panic. “What? You saw Soo Jin last night too?”

He laughed. “Of course I did. You two fell asleep on the living room with the empty bottle of my expensive wine. Did you try to hide it from me?”

“Well, it’s supposed to be a secret but I guess it isn’t anymore.” – She mumbled, looking away from him.

“If you want to keep something in secret maybe you shouldn’t drink to the point that you fell asleep.” – He teased.

“I didn’t know that wine is that strong.” – She honestly confessed.

“Anyway, why did you meet up with Soo Jin last night?” – He asked, chucking a bottle of water

She exhaled sharply. – “Well, since I don’t know what your mother like, I thought that it was a good idea to ask Soo Jin. Your mother likes her very much so I wanted to ask for some tips.”

“What?” – He squealed, spitted out the water he just consumed.

“Oppa, why are you spitting on me.” – Ji Hyo scowled as the water was all over her.

“I am sorry yeobo.” – He said, quickly cleaned her face with a napkin. – “I was just too surprise. You do know the relationship between me and Soo Jin before right?”

“Of course I know but I have no choice oppa. I have to ingratiate your mother. We need her approval” – She scowled

He smiled, walked behind her and hugged her tightly from the back. Her reasoning was definitely simple minded and innocent but he appreciated her effort very much. He couldn’t imagine that she was so consistent in perusing his mother to the extent that asking her rival for advice. Maybe having a brain of a teenager wasn’t that bad after all. When human was at the age of teenager, their thought normally more simple. They weren’t care much about pride, shame, or what other said. They only do what they thought were right. Human tended to lose that ability as they grew up. The 34 years old might not be able to do that but he was glad the Ji Hyo in front of him was 15, who could swallow her pride to do the right thing. He appreciated her, very much.

“So did she give you any advice?” – He asked

“N-ne she did. She gave me a lot of great advices oppa.” – Ji Hyo proudly said.

“Really?”

“Of course.” – She firmly answered

“So do you have any plan?” – He asked.

“Yeah, I do oppa. From tomorrow on, I can’t spend so much time with you any more ok? I will have to work on perusing your mother permission. So you take good care of yourself ok?”

He laughed, feeling ridiculous from her advice. Clearly, he had been the one that take care of her and now she acted like he was the one that need to be taken care of. “Ya, yeobo, you do know that I have been taking care of you, not the way around right?”

She turned around and looked at him strictly. – “But you don’t really take good care of yourself when you are working oppa. You always skip meal. I won’t be following you around for a while so you have to eat well ok?”

Her tone was serious but he couldn’t hold his laugh. She was too cute with her serious face.

“Why are you laughing? I am being serious.” – She frowned.

“haha, I know you are serious yeobo but your face are too cute. I promise I will eat properly while you are pursuing our happiness ok?” – He tenderly said.

She nodded.

“Oh well, but before you get busy with my mother, let’s take one day for ourselves ok?” – Jong Kook suggested.

“Sure, what are we going to do today?” – She excitedly asked

“What do you want to do?”

She thought for a while then asked with hesitation – “Can we go anywhere oppa?”

“Of course.” – He looked at her, stated firmly.

“Can we go to Namdaemum night market? I watched TV the other day and I saw they sell a lot of good food over there. I really want to eat them all.” – She said, swallowing her salvia thinking about those delicious snacks.

He smiled. “Sure. We can do that.”

“Really oppa? But there will be a lot people there, what if they recognize us oppa?” – She asked, concerned

“It’s ok if they do. It’s not like we never do public date before.”

“Really? We did public date before?”

“Of course, we went to Hongdae Street and even amusement park too.” – He said, showing her the picture that they took that day.

“Wow, so nice. Did you do a lot of ride at the amusement park oppa?” – She asked, amazed.

“Yeah. It was where I proposed to you the first time too.” – He said.

“Really? How did you propose to me oppa?” She asked, curious and he told her about that day. She walked from one amazement to another. “It sounds really nice oppa. I wish I can remember that.” – She said, regretted.

“It’s ok. We can always create new memory together.” – He encouraged.

“You are right. Let’s have fun tonight oppa.” – She immediately cheered up

After the whole day of excitingly waiting, Ji Hyo was finally ready to go to the night market. She chose a simple white T-shirt and dark blue jeans to avoid attention and she made Jong Ki wear the matching clothes with her.

“Wow, you really look good in white T-shirt oppa. Your muscle showed really nicely.” – She admired her fiancé who looked manly and handsome even in just a simple T-shirt.

“You look good to yeobo. I didn’t know that girl can look this good in basic outfit.” – He smiled, adoring her.

“Really? Ok, let’s go. I am very hungry.” – She pulled his arm excitedly.

They arrived at Namdaemum night market around 7 P.M. The market was super busy already so no one paid attention to them when they were walking. However, when they stopped at the food stand, it became a different story. Ji Hyo stopped at the first bidae duk stand that she saw and the store owner recognized them right away. The crowd quickly gathered around them as the store owner yelled out their names from surprised. They quickly grabbed their order and walked away but of course the netizen didn’t leave them alone. Fans kept following them to take pictures and asked for autograph. The market was already crowded and it only became worse when people kept surrounding them. They had to run to a corner to finish their bindae duk.

“Wow. It was tough. I’m sorry for making you come here with me oppa.” – Ji Hyo said, breathless

“It’s ok. I’m used to this.” – He smiled. – “Do you want to continue.” – He asked.

“Will you get mad if I say I do? There are still a lot of foods that I want to eat.” – Ji asked, concerned.

“Of course not. Let’s go. But you have to learn to deal with the crowd ok? Just ignore them and pretend there are just two of us, then you will feel more comfortable.” – He advised

“Sure, let’s do that then.” – She excitedly answered.

They got back to the market and of course the crowd gathered around them again. However, this time both of them decide to only focus on each other. They were hand in hand tightly, enjoying foods and random souvenir at the market. The world might try to disturb them but they fully enjoyed themselves. They had been through so much to be able to walk happily like that again and they wouldn’t let anyone take it away, not anymore.