Chapter 42 - Hello Pohang

The Heart

"

Are you ready to go?” – Jong Kook walked to Ji Hyo room and asked. But he immediately got the answer even before Ji Hyo responded. Her room was full of clothes laying everywhere and she was sitting on the floor, confused.

She looked at him with the bawling eyes – “I don’t know what I should bring with me oppa.”

He couldn’t decide whether he should get mad or should laugh. His manager had been waiting for them in the car for 30 minutes to take them to the airport but she was not at all close to ready. However, her misery pose on the floor was too funny and too cute that he couldn’t hide his laugh.

“Why are you laughing at me oppa?” – Ji Hyo whined.

“You should look at yourself then you would laugh too. Why did you do to your room?”

“I should wake up early today to pick the clothes to bring with me but I stayed up late last night trying to read the script and practiced so I forgot to wake up early this morning. I know it is time for us to go but I can’t choose any clothes yet.” – She was seriously about to cry.

Jong Kook sat down next to her and patted her head. – “It’s ok. Oppa will help you.” – He softly said, landed a kiss on her head.

“Really?” – She looked at him, eyes sparked with hope.

He laughed. – “Of course, what can I do? My fiancé is 15 years old so I have to take care of her then.” – He said then quickly chose clothes for her including underwear.

When he picked her red bra, her face quickly turned red and stole the bra from him.

“Oppa, how can you just freely touch woman stuffs like that?” – She frowned.

He couldn’t hold his laugh any more. He held his stomach, lied on the floor and laughed hard.

“Oppa, why are you laughing again? I am being serious.” – She squealed.

He stopped his laugh, putted back his serious face and nuzzled next to her with his face only few inches apart from hers.

She froze, opened her eyes wide looking at him

“Yeobo, do you know that half of your underwear was gift from me.” – He smirked.

Her face burned hot, she immediately pushed him away. – “Oppa, why did you buy girl something like that?”

He moved closer to her again, gazing at her intensely. “Why? Hmm … because you look good in those I guess.” – He grinned

She crossed her arms in front of her chest, backing away like a scared cat.

“What are you trying to protect? I already saw what need to be seen. You don’t have to worry about that.” – He kept on teasing.

“Oppa. You know that I am 15 right? It is illegal to do adult thing with a teenager you know that?” – She frowned.

“Hm, sue me then. Do you really want to put your fiancé in prison?” – He smirked

“Oppa” – She yelled, frustrated. “Just do it yourself. I will leave now.” – She scowled and left the room with the tomato red face.

He laughed. He knew he was over teasing her but her reaction was too cute. He just wanted to keep her face blushing redder and redder. She was darn cute and attractive with her blushed face. He quickly grabbed her luggage and followed her down to the garage.

“Are you ready for our filming?” – He asked as they settled in his car.

“Yeah I am” – She excitedly answered. – “But where are we filming oppa?”

"Pohang"

“Really?” – Her pupil widened from excitement. – “My hometown Pohang?” – She confirmed again.

“Yeah. There is the part of the script that you and I watch sunrise together on the beach so we thought that Pohang would be the best place to film. Plus you always want to visit your hometown, don’t you?

“N-ne, n-ne, of course, I’m so excited. Thank you oppa.” – She happily said and planted a big kiss on Jong Kook cheek then she immediately realized what she just did and back away, avoided his eyes contact.

He smiled, pulled her back next to him, and putted his hand over her shoulders. “Kiss me more often, can’t you? It makes me really happy.” – He whispered.

She was shy, didn’t answer him, just smile. She wanted to kiss him more often too. The feeling of her lips on his cheek, somehow felt like butterfly in her stomach.

They arrived at Pohang in the afternoon. The director let everybody rested because the filming wasn’t start until the next morning.

“Do you have any place that you want to visit before the filming?” – Jong Kook asked. His real purpose of choosing Pohang for filming was mainly because of Ji Hyo. When she was 15, she still lived in Pohang, so she often missed the beach, the peaceful atmosphere of her hometown. Seoul was still something foreign to her, too crowded to her sometime. He had wanted to take her back to Pohang but with his album was about to release he didn’t have time. Therefore, when the director asked him to choose the filming location, he didn’t hesitate to choose Pohang. Then they could mix business and pleasure. He was sure Ji Hyo would be super happy coming back to her hometown. He asked the filming crews to arrive a little bit early so he and Ji Hyo could have generous time to relax before the filming.

“Can I visit my school oppa? I miss my friends.” – She innocently asked

“Ji Hyo ah, you know that your friends all graduated 18 years ago right?” – He softly said, tried to be as sensitive as possible.

“Oh” – She said, her eyes were sad. For a moment she was forgot that 19 years had passed in one deep sleep. –“It’s ok, I still want to see how my school look like.”

“Sure, we can do that. What is your school name?”

  • Hwagye Middle School”

They arrived at her school around the time school ended. Students were going home but the sight of Song Ji Hyo held all of them back.

“Omo, it is really Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook.” – one student squealed and the whole school pulled the attention toward Ji Hyo and Jong Kook.”

The kids were from 12 to 15 excitedly surrounded them and asked for autograph and pictures. Her school visit suddenly became a random fan meeting. She happily answered their questions, took picture with them and gave them her autograph. She even sat down at the school canteen with the students and talked her former teachers. Some of her teachers were still working there. They happily showed her and Jong Kook around. A lot of thing had changed in 19 years and she almost couldn’t recognize her own classroom if her homeroom teacher didn’t point it out.

“How was she when she was in school teacher?” – Jong Kook excitedly asked Ji Hyo’s former homeroom teacher.

“Cheong Im? She was very shy and quiet girl, didn’t like to socialize much. She was very popular with the boy but she had no interest in people. I was surprised seeing her in Running Man. She changed a lot over the years.” – Her homeroom teacher warmly said.

“Did she date anyone when she was in middle school?” – Jong Kook asked.

“I don’t know if they dated but I remember when the school was about end on her senior year. There was a boy that confessed to her in front of the whole school. That boy name, hmmm, what is his name?” – The teacher frowned, trying to remember. – “Oh right, Lee Dong Wook, very handsome young man. Do you remember him Cheong Im?”

Jong Kook quickly looked at Ji Hyo. That name was the last thing he wanted to be mentioned in front of JI Hyo. However, her face was blank, she shook her head. He exhaled sharply from relieve.

“I have amnesia so there are a lot of things that I can’t remember.” – She told her homeroom teacher.

“Yeah, I did read the news about that. It’s ok. You have a great man now. You don’t need to remember the man of the past anymore.” – The teacher kindly advised.

“She is right. Don’t you dare to remember another man beside your fiancé!” – Jong Kook teased, trying to distract Ji Hyo from Lee Dong Wook topic.

“Fine, I will just never remember my past for the rest of my life. Happy?” – Ji Hyo scowled

The teacher and Jong Kook laughed out loud from her childish expression.

After an hour of talking to her former homeroom teacher, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook politely said goodbye.

“Where do you want to go next?” – Jong Kook asked as they leaving the school.

“Jukdo market. I know a great place for snow crab.” – Ji Hyo excitedly suggested.

“Ok, let’s do that then.”

The sun already set by the time they arrived at the market but some stores are still opened.

“Wow, even the market changed a lot too. There weren’t that much stores here before.” – Ji Hyo said, eyes couldn’t stop wandering around.

“Do you think you remember where the store is?” – Jong Kook asked.

“I am not sure anymore but let’s keep walking. I think I can find it.”

They walked for a while, there were many snow crab stores but Ji Hyo said it wasn’t one of them.

“It’s right here. Wow the store doesn’t change at all” – Ji Hyo excitedly squealed standing in front of the store.

It wasn’t a big restaurant but it was cozy. Many locals were eating inside.

“Annyeonghaseyo ajuma” – Ji Hyo brightly greeted the restaurant owner.

“Omo, who is here? Isn’t it our Cheong Im?” – The ajuma happily hugged Ji Hyo.

“N-ne. How have you been ajuma?” – Ji Hyo politely greeted.

“I have been great of course. What a pleasure that a big star like you visit my dirty restaurant.”

“Your restaurant is not dirty at all. I am filming on the beach tomorrow and I miss your snow crab so much so I have to come.” – Ji Hyo brightly said

“Ok, let’s sit down here first. Kim Jong Kook – ssi right? Sit down here too.” – She said, motioned them to a table. “I will make the snow crab hot pot that you like most ok?”

Ji Hyo nodded happily.

“This place hot pot is the best oppa.” – Ji Hyo brightly stated, putting her thump up.

“You seem like a frequent customer here.” – Said Jong Kook.

“Of course, she is a good friend of my mother. I hung out here often. She gave me crab for free before too.” – Ji Hyo winked.

The hotpot was quickly set up on the table. It was super delicious that Jong Kook ate to the point that he couldn’t breathe and Ji Hyo was happy as a child, eating from one bowl to another. The ajuma also joined them; she told Jong Kook plenty of things about Ji Hyo past. Some of them embarrassed Ji Hyo but Jong Kook happily listened. He knew he didn’t make a wrong decision taking her to Pohang. He hadn’t seen her that happy and talkative for a while.