Chapter 4 - Before the turn

The Heart

A week had gone by without any communication between Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo. Jong Kook started feeling irritated. He had been waiting for Ji Hyo to call him or at least text him to say sorry then he would drop all the problems and ran to her but she did not do that. Jong Kook decided to stay strong and not contact Ji Hyo until she contacted him first. Whenever they were in a fight, he was always the one that made up first no matter who fault it was because he couldn’t stand a day without talking or seeing Ji Hyo. “This time has to be different” – Jong Kook kept telling himself but it was not easy to him. He kept scrolling though the pictures in his phone. He smiled by himself looking at the sweet pictures that he and Ji Hyo took when no one around. They had been so many places together. He stopped at the picture that they took in America. It was last year when he had a concert in Dallas, Texas. He had to be there for two weeks while Ji Hyo stayed back home for her drama filming. He missed her so much that he video called her every moment that he had break.

It was a lazy night in Dallas and he planned to explore the city of cowboy but he decided to stay in since he couldn’t contact Ji Hyo since the day before. Her phone was turned off and her sister couldn’t tell him where she was neither. He was about to go ask his manager for some contact in Korea to ask about Ji Hyo when someone knocked his door. He walked to the door thinking it was his manager but he was in total surprise seeing Ji Hyo stood front of the door and said “tadang” cheerfully. He was so happy and shock at the same time that he didn’t know what to do but smiling like a silly boy. Ji Hyo had to push her way inside his room.

  • What are you doing here? – Asked Jong Kook as he couldn’t believe that Ji Hyo was standing in front of him.
  • To visit my boyfriend. It seems like he missed he so much that he couldn’t focus on working. – Ji Hyo teased.
  • He really missed you very much. – Jong Kook said while pulling her tightly to his arms. He held her waist firmly in one arm and her head closely on the other arm. He pushed her lightly to the wall with his hand protecting her head from bumping to the wall. He kissed her passionately in her lips. He bite lightly on her lower lips and pushes his tongue passionately inside and unite with her tongue to satisfy all the emotions that he had held up from missing her. Ji Hyo also responded zealously to his kiss. She wasn’t shy to tight her legs around his stable waist and hold tightly on his muscular body while Jong Kook easily handle her body with just one arm.
  • I miss you, my y boyfriend – Ji Hyo whispered between the kiss
  •  I miss you too. I couldn’t believe you are here honey. – He softly said after breaking their breathless kiss.
  • I had four days break so I thought it would be nice to surprise you. – said cheerful Ji Hyo
  • It is a great surprise. Thank you so much babe. I almost went crazy because you didn’t answer my phone. I thought some handsome guy had kidnapped you while I’m gone. – said Jong Kook with Ji Hyo lying by his side.
  • No one dare to kidnap me because my muscular boyfriend will hunt them down. Am I right? – Ji Hyo laughed and putting her arm around his waist. She softly caressed his masculine body from the chest to the stomach making him can’t help but burn with hot desire.

They spent a sweet night together in Zaza hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Dallas, Texas.

For the remain days that Ji Hyo had in Dallas. They went explore the city liberally since no one recognized them in that busy city. They freely hold each other hand while walking on the street. They fed each other food in the restaurant without worrying about paparazzi. They hugged and kissed in public while taking selfie. It was the first time that they could date as a normal couple and that was a precious memory for both of them.

 “I wish I can share those pictures with the world” – He thought while looking at those sweet pictures. He kept checking his phone for miss calls or message even when he was working. He was hopeful every time hearing a text message or phone call alerts but then got totally down when the sender or caller wasn’t Ji Hyo. Confused thoughts kept coming to his mind “What is she doing? Why haven’t she call me yet? Does she still love me? Is she having too much fun with that handsome actor Choi Jin Hyuk?” Sadness, jealousy, and doubt kept hurting his head.

Thing was not easy on Ji Hyo’s side neither. She knew that Jong Kook was really mad that night. She should have run after him but she did not. If there were any other nights, she probably would hold on his back tightly and not letting him go. But she couldn’t do it that day. It was a special day that she dedicated for a special someone. On that same day for the last 15 years, the only thing she did was thinking about the man named Lee Dong Wook, about their past, about what happened that day 15 years ago. She never stopped blaming herself for that incident. She was too sad that day to hold Jong Kook back. A week had gone by but she still hadn’t been able to figure out how to talk to Jong Kook. She kept on debating whether she should tell Jong Kook about Dong Wook. Would he be able to understand that she still held on the memory about her ex-boyfriend from 15 years ago and she never failed to visit that man’s grave every year?  She kept looking at her phone on her break. There was more than one time that she wrote long messages to Jong Kook but she cleared it in the end. “I will talk to him in person after filming Running Man. We will be together for 3 days and I will be able to make up to him” she counselled herself. 

The Running Man filming finally came. Jong Kook was so excited that he couldn’t sleep the night before. He was happy knowing that he would see Ji Hyo tomorrow but he also concerned how to face her. “Should I just be casual and pretend like nothing happened, or should I keep distance to show her that I’m still upset?” – He kept debating that thought. He decided to come early that day to wait for Ji Hyo and at least give her a chance to apology before the filming start but he was disappointed. Ji Hyo was nowhere to be found when all the casts had shown up.

  • Ji Hyo will be late deal to her drama filming – The PD said putting Jong Kook in frustration. He knew he shouldn’t blame her for being late since it was work but he couldn’t help to feel like she didn’t try to put effort in making up with him.

Another person that couldn’t sleep at all last night was Kim Dong Jun. He had been counting every day for the Running Man filming day. He kept laughing by himself thinking he finally had a chance to see Song Ji Hyo in person. He rewatched every single episodes of Running Man which were 190 episodes. He loved seeing how Ji Hyo reacted with other members. He laughed hard when she bullied Kwang Soo. “Such an interesting noona” – He thought. He got mad when other casts ignored Ji Hyo when pretty female idols come. “I would never ignore noona like that just because of other girls, none of them is as pretty as my noona” – he thought. Because he watched Ji Hyo really closely in every episode, he noticed that Ji Hyo and Jong Kook seem abnormally closed. Gary might be Ji Hyo’s Monday Boyfriend on screen but they both looked unnatural with their loveline. On the other hand, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were very natural with their intimacy. They seemed to forget sometime that the camera was still scrolling. Jong Kook would natural hold Ji Hyo’s hand and Ji Hyo was very comfortable with holding Jong Kook’s arms or touching his chests. The “Beauty and the Beast” was the one that caught his attention the most. He could see that Ji Hyo was especially bright and happy that day when she was on Jong Kook’s back. There was an episode that Gary piggybacked Ji Hyo but she seemed to keep a distance with Gary even her body was very closed to his. On the other hand, Ji Hyo comfortably rested her chin on Jong Kook’s back. She held on Jong Kook tightly and took care of Jong Kook when he got wet. Dong Jun noticed that Ji Hyo never did things like that to other male members or guests. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook always worked so well together as if they read each other’s minds. Ji Hyo didn’t seem to mind when Jong Kook push his back closely on her front body at all. Their level of comfortability was really abnormal in Dong Jun’s eye. “I wonder what kind of relationship they have” – Dong Jun thought.

Running Man filming started. The guests were coming in one by one. The handsome actor Im Joo Hwan was partnered with giraffe Kwang Soo. Actress Kim Jung Nam was with Big Nose hyung. Actor Oh Man Suk partnered with shorty Haha. Gary was happy with the skating goddess Lee Sang Hwa. Only Kim Jong Kook was disappointed when his partner was not Ji Hyo but his former idol rival Kim Min Jong. The dream of spending 3 sweet days with Ji Hyo was shattered. While the cast and guests were busy chatting. Kim Dong Jun walked into the room in confused. It was his first time came to Running Man so he didn’t know what to do but he was super happy hearing that Song Ji Hyo was his partner. He excitedly greeted other cast members and guests while waiting for Song Ji Hyo.   His first in-person impression with her was not really perfect. She walked in tiredly in her long green coat and simple jean while yawning. Gary said he thought Ji Hyo was a ghost walking in but Dong Jun thought it was cute of her walking comfortably into filming set with her sleepy posture. He could tell that she went straight from her filming site and just took a quick nap in her car on the way here.

Jong Kook concerned seeing Ji Hyo walking in groggily “It must be tough on her to do Running Man right after filming Emergency Couple.” He heard from Shin Hye that this drama required a lot of night filming so Ji Hyo had been filming late for the last few weeks without much rest. He worried that Ji Hyo wouldn’t be able to handle the filming today since the destination of the trip is all the way in Heanam – the end of South Korea. He wanted to be her partner today even more after seeing how exhausted she was. He wanted to take care of her since he knew how neglected Ji Hyo was to herself when she worked.

Ji Hyo walked straight to her partner without making any eye contact to Jong Kook. She was afraid that she would jump straight to him and hug him tightly in front of everybody’s eyes if she looked at him. She wanted to come early today to talk to Jong Kook before the filming started but because her mind was too distracted, she had too many no good and made the filming spread longer than expected. It was such a long tired filming night so she couldn’t even control her sleepy expression. She went straight to her partner and couldn’t hide her surprise seeing that handsome boy smiling at her lovingly. She snapped out of sleep immediately. Jong Kook caught her reaction and it really annoyed him. He had his eyes on her since she walked in but she didn’t glance at him even once and acted all happy seeing her partner is a young handsome idol.

God was really not on Jong Kook and Ji Hyo side that day at all. When they throw the dice to decide what kind of transportation to use, Jong Kook was by air and Ji Hyo was by train. They were both disappointed about being separated right after they just met. They hadn’t been able to speak a single word to each other and have to rush to their destination. Only Kim Dong Jun was happy knowing he could spend a lot of time travel side by side with his pretty noona.

Put the sadness and jealousy aside, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were excited for their trip to the furthest point of their country. They wanted to give their best for this special episode that the staff had been working hard to prepare. However, they all didn’t know that this trip marked a significant turn in their relationship. The dark storm was heading their way …