Chapter 40 - Moon Geun Young is on the show

The Heart

After a long week rested after the Vietnam trip, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook returned to Running Man. All the cast members were happy with the news that Ji Hyo was back to the show as permanent member. However, the atmosphere changed immediately as the guest came.

Ji Hyo noticed all the casts looked at Jong Kook with the weird eyes and smiled devilishly as the guest name Moon Geun Young appeared. Jong Kook also looked flustered. Ji Hyo didn’t know who Moon Geun Young was but she already had a bad feeling about that woman.

Geun Young immediately ran straight to Jong Kook hustled between Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. Ji Hyo pupil widened looking at the girl. She looked small but very edgy. Ji Hyo’s eyes stuck on Geun Young hands which were holding tightly on Jong Kook muscular arm.

“How are you oppa?” – Geun Young brightly greeted Jong Kook.

He immediately looked at Ji Hyo as he smelled the jealousy smoke came out of Ji Hyo head. Just as he expected, Ji Hyo stared at him with a sharp gaze. He quickly shook his arm away from Geun Young’s hands.

“You may not aware Geun Young but Ji Hyo is now back as our permanent cast.” – Jong Kook stepped on Ji Hyo side and putted his arm over Ji Hyo shoulders.

  Ji Hyo was obviously please about Jong Kook immediate action but of course Geun Young wasn’t happy. She gave Ji Hyo a hate glance.

“Someone is going to be in trouble today.” – Kwang Soo teased and instantly wanted to take back his words as he received a threaten glaze from the tiger.

The PD seemed to want to create a cat fight so they let the guest choose the teammate. As expected, Geun Young chose Jong Kook as the first member. Jong Kook didn’t know how to act. To fit the show, he should show that he was supper happy to be picked by the ageless actress. However, he knew he would be in deep trouble if he showed any affection in front of Ji Hyo. The Ji Hyo that he was dealing with was the 15 years old one, the one that acted by her heart rather than her head.

Geun Young also chose Haha and Jae Suk for her team.

“I think I should let Monday Couple reunite, shouldn’t I?” – Geun Young smiled but her words obviously covered with thrones.

The whole nation knew about Ji Hyo and Jong Kook engagement and their heart melting love story. It was not like she was from another planet. She obviously wanted to cause some uproar. The whole casts felt displease with her behavior, especially with Ji Hyo sensitive condition.

The cameras were turned off as they moved to a different location. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were separated as they were in different team now. Ji Hyo immediately took the change and interrogated Kwang Soo.

“What is with that girl and Jong Kook oppa? I noticed all of you looked at Jong Kook oppa very weird earlier.”

Kwang Soo and Gary looked at each other as they wondered whether or not they should tell Ji Hyo about Jong Kook loveline with Geun Young before. They nodded their heads and decided to tell Ji Hyo the truth since she would find down sooner or later and she would hate them if she found down they didn’t tell her the truth.

“So … she liked Jong Kook oppa?” – Ji Hyo asked after hearing Kwang Soo’s explanation.

“I don’t know if she like hyung but I know she wants to be a permanent cast member for our show. She even expressed her wish when she came to the show last time. When noona disappeared from the show, a lot female celebrities applied to replace your spot but our PDs didn’t approve anyone. It is not easy to find a girl with special personality like you noona.” – Kwang Soo smiled.

“Kwang Soo is right. I heard that Geun Young –ssi asked for several meetings with our PD to discuss about her opportunity in the show. But she wasn’t fitted for the show. She paid too much attention on her meek and girly image and it wouldn’t fit our show concept. I think that’s why she is trying to stick with hyung as their previous loveline caused great attention. Just like how Monday Couple brought our name to popularity. She probably wanted to do the same thing with hyung.” – Gary explained.

“So is she just trying to take advantage of Jong Kook oppa?” – Ji Hyo frowned.

“Noona, some celebrities will do whatever it takes to get a little bit more of fame. Her time is about to be over. She needs something more permanent and nothing is better than our show.” – Said Kwang Soo.

“But Ji Hyo ah, don’t let her action affect you. You have to stay professional. I think she is trying to piss you off to prove to the PD that she is a better candidate. So if you become catty, she will win. You have to stay strong ok? Oppa will help you, Okay?” – Gary raised his eyebrow slightly and encouraged Ji Hyo.

“Hyung is right noona. If you feel like you are about to explode, just kick me ok, you will feel better. You always do.” – Kwang Soo stated and the three of them busted out of laughter.

Just as expected, Geun Young purposely stuck by Jong Kook side the whole time. She even tried to be more intimate toward Jong Kook whenever she saw Ji Hyo looking. Jong Kook politely tried to get away from her but it wasn’t easy since they were on the same team. Plus, if he was too obvious, Geun Young would lose her face in front of national TV.

After being consulted by Gary and Kwang Soo, Ji Hyo felt better and decided to take a higher road. It was not easy for a teenager brain like her. But her will to win was stronger than her jealousy so she tried to avoid looking at Geun Young and Jong Kook and focused on the game.

However, Geun Young didn’t make it any easier. On the dodge ball game, she clung tightly on Jong Kook and hugged him constantly. It was how they played last time but this time, it was even more affectionate. Ji Hyo blood was boiling like a volcano but she tried to act calm.

Jong Kook of course noticed Ji Hyo’s jealousy so he purposely got hit by the dodgeball to get out of the field. Geun Young was clearly angry but Jong Kook cared less. He chose the position behind Ji Hyo as he was out. He had plenty of chance to hit Ji Hyo but he didn’t.

Geun Young game plan failed so she didn’t mind to play dirty any more. She was supposed to hide behind HaHa and let him protected her as he was the last survivor. However, she grabbed the ball and threw it full speech at Ji Hyo who was distracted from Gary at the moment.

By the time Gary saw the ball, it was too late. He stood quiet far from Ji Hyo. With that crazy speech, the ball would definitely land a cruel hit on Ji Hyo head.

The ball was too fast and Ji Hyo was startled. She froze, closing her eyes as the reflex. Everybody gasped, scaring to see what was about to happen. But Jong Kook immediately jumped inside the field, tightly hugged Ji Hyo and covered her with his body. Luckily he was fast enough. The ball hit his back hard. The sound was painful.

“Are you ok?” – Jong Kook worriedly asked Ji Hyo.

“I am ok. Are you ok oppa?” – Ji Hyo screamed and quickly rubbing Jong Kook’s back.

“Don’t worry. Oppa is ok.” – He smiled

“What are you doing oppa? You are on my team, you are not supposed to protect her.” – Geun Young screamed from the other side of the field.

Jong Kook stared at her, angrily. She took a step back, startled with Jong Kook angry eyes. He was famous for his gentlemen gesture toward woman but at that moment, she felt threaten. The way he looked at her like declaring that he wouldn’t leave her alone if she treated his woman like this.

“I know we all want to win but don’t you think you overuse your arm power. Your throw could be fatal and if I wasn’t fast enough, Ji Hyo could be seriously injured. You may want to consider being gentler next time if you want to keep your image Geun Young-ssi.” – Said Jong Kook, nicely but threaten.

“Let’s take a break” – The PD called to ease the tension.

Geun Young walked to Ji Hyo, gave her a catty glaze – “Unnie is so talented, after all the things that you did, you still have your man as well as the role in this show. Can you teach me some tricks?” – She sarcastically asked Ji Hyo.

“There is no trick. My oppas said that this is reality show. All you need to do is being yourself. Maybe you should try that sometimes. Be yourself and stop playing dirty trick. You may get the role someday.” – Ji Hyo smirked and walked away, leaving Geun Young burning with anger.

For the rest of the filming day, Geun Young kept distance from Jong Kook and stopped playing trick. At the end of the day, Ji Hyo team won. Jong Kook wasn’t disappointed that he lost. He was rather happy seeing Ji Hyo excitedly receive the pride.

“Good job yeobo.” – He congratulated her as they driving back home.

She glazed at him. “It seems like my fiancé created a lot of loveline in the past.”

“Haha, it was just for the show. I promise to stop all the loveline from now on ok?” – He laughed.

“You better do or I will lock you outside my apartment.” – She sharply stated.

“Wow my fiancé is scary.” – Jong Kook teased.

“You just know it now?” – Ji Hyo arrogantly stated.

“It’s ok. I still love you.” – He smiled brightly and embraced her tightly in his arms.

She smiled, whispered - “I love you too.”