Chapter 5- Haenam, here we come.

The Heart

While Jong Kook was having a hard time with his mission on the airport which lead to the delay of departing time, Ji Hyo had rather a good time with her group in the train. She was delighted to meet her former acting teacher – the popular actor Ryu Seung Soo – also Yoo Jae Suk’s partner for the episode. Ji Hyo wasn’t normally talkative to the guess but because he was her teacher and also kind of a goofball so she had more fun talking than usual. Kim Dong Jun still felt distant toward the group since he didn’t know anyone but he enjoyed watching Ji Hyo talking. She was so bright and lovely. His heart skipped beat every time she laughed. While everybody was focusing on the conversation, he only focused on her. He had looked at her picture, watched her drama pretty much every day but the feeling was very different when he observed her in person. She looked even better in person needless of any heavy make-up. Her skin was flawless; her nose was cute and high; her lips were pink and y even without lipstick. She didn’t have any eyeliner on, not even mascara but her eyes were still so pretty. They are so big, clear, and bright. He felt like he was falling deeply in the ocean of her beautiful eyes. There were something about her eyes that made he feel very familiar. His heart beat faster every time she looked at him straight in the face. He felt like it wasn’t the first time she looked at him like that. “Those eyes, the way they look at me, how can it feel so familiar.”– He kept wondering.

Dong Jun enjoyed the comedic conversation on the train but the fun only started after they getting off the train because he had alone time with Song Ji Hyo. He was confused and didn’t know when to run and when to walk so Ji Hyo had to hold him on his wrist and lead him run. It was a good feeling to Dong Jun. It was like they were in a date and they even had their couple outfit on from head to toe. He always wanted to have a date with a girlfriend in public with the couple outfit to tell the world that they belong to each other. He suddenly blushed from that idea and kept on smiling like a silly teenage boy.  He was really nervous in front of the noona that he had been longing to see so he tried to be enthusiastic in the games to look cool in front of her but it didn’t seem to work out for him.

In the first game, they had to finish the spicy rice cake in two minute without taking any water. Dong Jun was confident about it since he was really good at eating spicy food but he couldn’t handle the second bite. The spice hit him rather fast but he still tried to eat the big portion of it since Ji Hyo said she couldn’t eat spicy food. He tried his best but they still lost the first attempt. In the second game, Ji Hyo and Dong Jun had to dunk their head under the water for the total of three minutes to pass. Again, Dong Jun was confident about this game and announced to do 3 minutes all by himself but he ended up with 3 seconds leaving Ji Hyo speechless. She gave him nickname Enthusiastic Kim right on the spot. Even though Ji Hyo felt a little annoyed loosing 2 attempts straight but she found his enthusiasm somewhat adorable and she just laughed it off instead of getting angry. Dong Jun felt really bad for keeping disappointing Ji Hyo so he tried extra hard on the last attempt which is “couple position” – the  challenge that even Mr. Random Capable Kang Gary just failed a few minutes before him. He quietly thanked Heaven for giving him the opportunity to do couple position with his noona right on the first time he joined Running Man. He was very confident about this part since he spent a lot of time working out his upper body. He easily lifted Ji Hyo up using his arms putting her upper body extremely close to his face. He could smell a sweet and feminine fragrance from her body, a very unique kind of scent.  Her legs pushed tightly to his waist to keep a stable position. Her stomach was right front of his face that made he felt like he was kissing her flat y belly. He tried to keep his face in one side to keep him away from doing that. He tried not to have any ert thought but his heart was about to jump out of his chest.

It was the closest skinship that he ever had with a girl on the first meeting and he was glad that it was Song Ji Hyo – the woman that kept making his heart beat the wrong notes. It would be a lie if he said that it was easy to keep the couple position in two minutes but he was kind of sad letting her down. He wanted to hold that position a little bit longer so he could hear her heart beat a little bit clearer. Her heart did sound like it beat a little bit fast. He wondered if it was because she was afraid to fall down or because she was too closed to him. The mission was succeeded; Ji Hyo hugged him out of happiness saying she was proud of him and it was enough to make him feel happy.

They rushed to the bus terminal as soon as the mission completed to get the tickets to Songhori Beach. Again, she held his twist while running making the butterfly kept flying crazily in his stomach. He wasn’t kind of guy that easily got shy in front of woman but every small skinship from Ji Hyo made him fluster for some reasons. He couldn’t figure out why but he enjoyed every moment his heart skipped a beat. Running around and doing mission right after filming did seem hard on Song Ji Hyo. She was too tired that she slept the whole time she was on the bus and on the taxi. Dong Jun couldn’t help but kept looking at Ji Hyo’s peaceful sleeping face. “She is pretty even when she sleeps” – he smiled.

Her head kept wobbling around as the vehicle moving. He really wanted to put her head on his shoulder so she could rest better but the cameras kept pointing at them made him hesitated to make a move. “Poor noona, you must be really tired. Why do you have to work so hard noona? One day I will take really good care of you so you don’t have to work this hard anymore, noona.” The thought came to his mind that actually surprised himself. He didn’t understand why he suddenly wanted to take care for the woman in front of him who he just met for the first time. Despite her strong personality, he still felt like that noona need to be taken care of. Something about her was very delicate, very fragile - he felt. “So this is what it feels like wanting to take care for a person genuinely” – Thought Dong Jun with a happy smile on his face. 

The night was falling by the time they reached Songhori Beach. Dong Jun was in the same tent with Gary while Ji Hyo was with the female guests and Jong Kook was with his partner. After washing up, Ji Hyo walked to Jong Kook’s tent. She wanted to talk to him since they hadn’t talked for the whole day but she stopped when she heard he was talking to his partner. She knew the timing was not right and it would cause too much attention if she asked him out so she just walked back to her tent but got hold back by the music came from Gary and Dong Jun tent:

  • It’s so cozy in here – Ji Hyo brightly said looking at Gary and Dong Jun tent.
  • Your two men are sleeping here together. - Teased Gary but it made Dong Jun blushed. “It would be nice if I’m really her man” – Dong Jun thought and couldn’t hide his shy smile from Gary’s statement.
  • What is the name of the song, oppa? – Ji Hyo asked while enjoying the lovely melody.
  • This song? A special song for you. – Answered Gary and looked lovingly at the lady in front of him. The one he used to love. In this quiet night, in the middle of this forest with the sound of rain drop lightly clatter in, the emotions suddenly came back to Gary as the first time he saw that beautiful girl – Song Ji Hyo. He loved her and he always had that was the reason he initiated the Monday Couple loveline but might be that was a mistake – he thought. Since he was so aggressive toward Ji Hyo on screen, she didn’t take him seriously in off screen. Every time he expressed his jealousy or confessed his feeling on screen, he actually did it with the genuine heart but Ji Hyo, as a professional actress, she believed that she should never take any on screen loveline seriously. By the time he planned to confess with her off screen, she was already dating CEO Baek and he patiently waited for their relationship ended but Jong Kook was faster in capturing Ji Hyo’s heart. Until now, he was still a silly guy who was in love with one woman deeply for 5 years but never could confess.
  • Hyung, what type of woman is Ji Hyo noona? – Dong Jun asked Gary after Ji Hyo came back to her tent.
  • A good kind of woman. – Gary slowly answered while thinking about Ji Hyo - She had all the elements that all guys desire, beautiful, smart, strong, responsible, and kind heart. She doesn’t get mad easily and is very cool even when she got neglected. She works really hard even though she doesn’t have too. She can be as strong as a man in any game but she can be as gentle as any women when taking care of us off screen. Even though she is popular but she is very down on earth, really trustworthy. – Gary finished with a smile on his face.
  • You sound like you are in love with noona, hyung. Are you two dating for real? – asked curious Dong Jun.
  • I wish, but no, she belongs to another man, a good one. – Gary smiled sadly.
  • You should fight for her if you love her hyung. If it was me, I will never give up on the woman I love. – Dong Jun firmly stated
  • There will be time when you see how happy your woman is with another guy and you realize that you never can make her that happy. That’s when you know you should give up. – Gary sighed.
  • It must hurt a lot realizing that, isn’t it hyung?
  • Yeah, it is …
  • Who is noona’s man hyung?
  • It’s a secret. Why are you asking all these questions? Are you interest in her? – Gary looked at Dong Jun with a curious face
  • I don’t know. May be. – Dong Jun smiled mysteriously and turned his body away from Gary to avoid further question. “I will never give up even noona has another man, hyung” – Dong Jun secretly thought.