Chapter 50 - Can you give me some advice?

The Heart

Ji Hyo couldn’t sleep the whole night, rolling around her bed thinking the plan to ingratiate Jong Kook’s mother. She made about 20 plans in her mind then crossed it all off as she self-evaluated that those plans were not practical. Finally, when then sun broke through the dark night, she came up with a plan. She was not sure if it would work but it was the best plan that she could come up with.

The next day, Ji Hyo followed Jong Kook to his agency to finish up his last song. Instead hanging around his studio as normal, Ji Hyo ran around looking for Jong Kook’s manager – Gap Jin.

“Gap Jin oppa.” – Ji Hyo sneakily waved Gap Jin out of the office.

Gap Jin narrowed his eyes looking at Ji Hyo as he was confused what she was doing outside of his office instead just walking in like she normally did. “What are you doing here? And why are you being sneaky like a thief?” – He walked to Ji Hyo and asked.

“Oppa, I have a favor to ask” – Ji Hyo whispered.

“What do you need? And why are we whispering? There is no one around here.” – Gap Jin said.

Ji Hyo looked around. – “Oh right, no one around but anyway I don’t want Jong Kook oppa know what I am about to ask you. Is it ok?” – Ji Hyo asked.

“I am not comfortable hiding thing from Jong Kook.” – Gap Jin concerned.

Ji Hyo held Gap Jin’s arm, rocking it back and force – “Please help me oppa. I am very desperate.” – She said, eyes begging as a hungry puppy.

No man could ever say no with that kind of eyes. Gap Jin was melt. He exhaled sharply then stated – “Fine, just this time. What do you need?”

“Yay” – Ji Hyo squealed happily – “Can I have Park Soo Jin’s phone number?” – She asked.

“What? Why?” – Gap Jin yelled.

“I just have something to ask her.” – Ji Hyo said.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for you two women talking alone. Do you even remember the fuss she caused the other night? I don’t think she is ready to talk to you yet. You should discuss this with Jong Kook first.” – Gap Jin advised.

“I already told you we have to keep this from Jong Kook oppa. Please give me her phone number. She is my only hope oppa.” – Ji Hyo asked, eyes begging.

“I don’t know about this. If anything happens, Jong Kook will be very angry at me.” – Said Gap Jin, worried.

“Please me oppa. I promise I will never let Jong Kook oppa know that you gave me her phone number ok? Please, please, please oppa.” – Ji Hyo rubbed her hands together, begging desperately.

“Fine, but don’t come out too strong to her ok? She is still little sensitive about you and Jong Kook” – Gap Jin advised.

“Arasso oppa. Thank you.” – Ji Hyo happily said and took the phone number from Gap Jin.

She quickly disappeared to an empty corner and pressed dial Park Soo Jin number. Her heart beat fast waiting for answer.

“Annyeongheaseyo.” – Soo Jin picked up the phone.

“Annyeongheaseyo Park Soo Jin –ssi.” – Ji Hyo nicely greeted.

“Who is it?”

“It’s me … Song Ji Hyo.” – She softly said

“Song Ji Hyo?” – Soo Jin raised her voice – “Why are you calling me for?”

“How are you doing?” – Ji Hyo asked, gently.

“Are you just calling to ask how I am doing? If so, I am doing very well and I would do better if you just hang up. I don’t feel like talking to someone that stole my fiancé away.” – Soo Jin said, frustrated.

“I am sorry that you are angry but can we meet in person? I have something to talk to you.” – Ji Hyo said, maintained her soft attitude.

“There is nothing to talk about between us.” – Soo Jin coldly stated.

“Don’t you want to scream at me or yell at me more? I know you wanted to do it last time but Gap Jin oppa took you away. Can you meet me up at my house? Then you can let go of your frustration on me.” – Ji Hyo offered

“What?” – Soo Jin yelled, irritated. – “Are you trying to set some kind of trap on me? Why do you want to get yelled at by me?”

“No No, there is no trap. I promise. It’s just that … I really need to talk to you. Please.” – Ji Hyo begged.

Soo Jin kept quiet for a while on the phone. Ji Hyo could hear a sharp exhaled from Soo Jin before she said – “Fine. I will see you at your apartment in an hour. Only you and me. I don’t want anyone else there.”

“Sure, sure. Thank you very much. I will see you there.” – Ji Hyo happily said.

Soo Jin hung up, all confused about what was going to happen. She of course didn’t want to see Ji Hyo but Ji Hyo sound very desperate on the phone. Despite the fact that Ji Hyo was her worst rival, she still wanted to hear what that girl had to say.

“Oppa, I am going home first. You are going to be here for a while right?” – Ji Hyo asked Jong Kook, interrupting his recording

“I probably have to stay here until late. Why are you going home now?” – Jong Kook asked.

“My stomach is not feeling well. I want to rest at home. I will see you home later ok?” – Ji Hyo said, rushing.

“Are you ok? Do you want me to take you home?” – He asked, concerned.

“No, no, I am fine” – Ji Hyo shook her head – “I can take a taxi. Bye oppa.” – She said then ran away before Jong Kook could say another word.

She got home ten minutes before her doorbell rang.

“Annyeongheaseyo, how are you?” – Ji Hyo opened the door, brightly greeted Soo Jin.

Soo Jin gave her a sharp gaze, walked straight to the living room and sat on the couch without replying Ji Hyo greeting.

“Would you like something to drink?” – Ji Hyo nicely offered.

“Wine.” – Soo Jin promptly answered.

“Red or White?” – Ji Hyo asked.

“Red.”

“Sure.” – Ji Hyo smiled, quickly took out a bottle of 1995 Bordeaux. The problem was she didn’t know how to open the bottle and ended up standing around the kitchen for a while.

“What’s taking you so long?” – Soo Jin asked, irritated

 “I don’t know how to open the bottle.” – Ji Hyo smiled, embarrassed.

Soo Jin stood up from the couch, walked to the kitchen and took the wine opener from Ji Hyo - “Can you even do anything?” – Soo Jin asked, annoyed as she quickly opened the wine bottle and poured herself a full glass.

“What do you want to talk about?” – Soo Jin asked, sipping her glass of wine.

“Do you want to yell at me first?” – Ji Hyo asked, innocent

Soo Jin frowned, looking at Ji Hyo with confused. –“Are you serious?”

Ji Hyo nodded, looking at Soo Jin with sincere.

Soo Jin smirked, exhaled out her frustration as she felt Ji Hyo’s reaction was quite ridiculous. – “Are you seriously asked me to come here to yell at you?”

“Of course not but since I have nothing to offer you to meet me so I think letting you yell at me first is the least I can do.” – Ji Hyo honestly said.

“Omo, you are really something Ji Hyo. I can’t even tell what you think any more. I have nothing to yell at you for now so just go ahead and say what you want to say then I can leave here quickly.” – Soo Jin stated, infuriated.

“OK. If you say do.” – Ji Hyo softly said – “I know you are really close with Jong Kook’s mother and she likes you very much so I thought that you must know what she likes and how to make her happy. So …. Can you give me some tips? We are going to get married soon and her mother is not happy about that.”

“What?” – Soo Jin squealed, frustrated, putting her glass of wine on the table. – “Are you seriously asking me the tip to ingratiate my supposed to be mother in law so you can get the approval to get married with my supposed to be husband?” – Soo Jin rolled her eyes at Ji Hyo who was innocently nodded.

“Do you even have any common sense Song Ji Hyo? What made you think that it is a good idea to ask your rival that kind of advice? Are you seriously thinking that I will help you?” – Soo Jin continued expressing her frustrated.

Ji Hyo exhaled sharply, sad eyes. – “I know it must sound very ridiculous but I really have no one else to ask. Jong Kook oppa is a man so he didn’t notice what his mother like much. You are my only hope. Can you help me please?” – Ji Hyo begged, desperate.

“Don’t you think that I am going to use this chance to make a revenge on you? Are you that innocent?” – Soo Jin scowled

“I am not sure what are you going to do but I am sure that you are not a bad person. Last time you came here to yell at me because you worried about Jong Kook oppa. You could come any time before but you didn’t. I know you honestly concerned about him. Jong Kook oppa is very puzzle standing between our marriage and his mother. He said he would marry me even his parents are not going to approve. But I don’t want to make him a disloyal son and so do you right? So I hope you can help us.” – Ji Hyo explained, low voice.

Soo Jin sighed sharply hearing Ji Hyo honest confession. She drank the whole glass of wine in one take then putted the empty glass on the table. – “I don’t know why oppa chose a simple minded girl like you over me but since you are probably not going to leave me alone if I am not giving you the advice so I will just get it over with. I only say it once so take a careful note ok?”

“Sure, thank you very much.” – Ji Hyo happily said, giving Soo Jin a tight hug.

“Stay away from me. We are not in the hugging level yet.” – Soo Jin said, irritated, pushing Ji Hyo away.

“Thank you anyway.” – JI Hyo smiled brightly, took out her pen and notebook.

“Eomoeni really likes having facial. She takes very good care of her skin. She likes Top Skin spa, the place that all celebrities go too but she hasn’t been able to get in there for a few months because they always booked up. So if you can get her appointment there monthly, it will be good start. She goes shopping at Apgujeong and Cheongdam every Tuesday at 10 A.M. her favorite brands are Gucci and LV. And she likes to eat French food. Those are the basic ones.”

“That’s great. Thank you very much.” – Ji Hyo said, cheerfully.

Soo Jin got quiet for a while then fill up her glass of wine and poured another one for JI Hyo – “Do you want to drink with me?” – Soo Jin asked.

“Sure” – Ji Hyo nodded.

They drank almost the whole bottle of wine and both got drunk.

“Tell me honestly, do you really love oppa?.” – Soo Jin asked, drunk voice

“Of course I do, why else I go this far to ask you for advice to make his mother happy?” – Ji Hyo answered, burped.

“You have to treat him well ok? I will take him back if you dare to make him sad again.” – Soo Jin pointed at Ji Hyo face.

“Arrasso. I will. But can I ask you something honestly?”

“What do you want to know?”

“How do you feel about Gap Jin oppa? He loves you very much.”

“Gap Jin oppa is a good man but he is Jong Kook oppa’s manager. It will be weird if we start dating.”

“What is so weird about that? Jong Kook oppa really hopes that you and Gap Jin date. He told me that Gap Jin oppa loves you very much.”

“Really?”

“Of course.”

“Will see.” – Soo Jin smiled softly then fell asleep on the couch.

“Hey, are you ok?” – Ji Hyo drunkenly asked, shook Soo Jin lightly the fell asleep on top on her.

Jong Kook went home after his recording and he first thing he saw was two drunken girls laying on the living room. He didn’t know what happened but he had a feeling it was not a bad thing. He carried Ji Hyo to her room and called Gap Jin to picked Soo Jin up.

“What did you do again yeobo?” – Jong Kook smiled, looking at the drunken Ji Hyo and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead.