Heart Attack

The Heart

As expected, their dating pictures were floating all over the news and internet the next day. Well actually right that night but the reporters had to take a little time to make it to the news. 

Monday Couple fan club and Spartace fan club already had a big fight on the internet. They attacked each other social media, not only in Korea but probably all over Asia by then, from Japan, Vietnam, to Malaysia, Indonesia. Social media was totally a mess with all the provoking comments between those two fan clubs. Both of them kept defending their couple.

Monday Couple fan club refused to accept those pictures were real. Some of them said it was Photoshop, others said they probably were in a show. The girl fans immediately ran to Gary’s social media page and comforted him.

Spartace fan club was celebrating their couple. Their fan page was full of congratulating comments. They were probably dancing in their room seeing the sweet moment they their idols spent in Hongdae Street and Lotte World. It was like their dream come true. The Spartace fan page was never more active.

Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook’s agencies were freaked out over the news. The agencies called them for urgent meeting right when the sun rose. They both expected that kind of reaction from their agencies but they were too happy to care.

They had a hot passionate night after the proposal. Ji Hyo treated Jong Kook with a delicious love as her appreciation for his sweet proposal. Their passion was hotter as now they were engaged. Ji Hyo generously left some hickies on Jong Kook’s neck as an extra gift. 

They decided to meet up at Ji Hyo agency together with Jong Kook and his manager. After an hour of the managers yelled at them about how reckless their behaviors were and how much damage it could cause. They finally calmed down and agreed to the solution. Both managers thought it was best for them to have a press conference the same day since their agencies’ phones were burned all day long by the reporters and fans.

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook couldn’t agree more. They couldn’t wait to tell the world their engagement news. They were the only happy people in the room while others were in massive headache. They couldn’t stop smiling even when they got scolded.

The whole Star Empire’s staff went to the conference room to prepare for the rush conference, leaving the agency empty like a ghost house. ZE:A came back to the agency after their tour in Thailand only found no one was in the agency. They were in panic thinking something bad might happened. They grabbed a staff that just came back to the company to get a document.

“Where is everybody?” – Dong Jun asked

“They all went to the press conference. I have to go now too.” -  The staff rushed

“Why did everybody go to the press conference? Is something fun happened?” – Dong Jun excitedly asked.

“You guys didn’t know anything?”

All the boys shook their heads, looked at each other with question marks.

“The press conference is to announce Ji Hyo and Jong Kook dating news. They went dating public yesterday at Hongdae street and Lotte World. It was all over the news. Well I have to go. Bye bye.” – The staff ran away before they could ask anything else.

Dong Jun froze with his eyes wide opened, couldn’t believe in what he just heard. Before he left, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were still broke up but now they were about to announce their dating news.

He dropped the luggage that he was holding on the floor and ran out.

“Where are you going? We still have a practice to do.” – Kevin yelled after Dong Jun but he didn’t bother to answer or turn his head back.

He was blind and debt at that moment. Ji Hyo dating news was like a flashlight that hit directly to his head, killed his soul and senses. He blindly ran to the press conference without a plan of what he was going to do.

 Is he going to stop them? Is he going to take her away? – He didn’t decide. He just needed to see her, right at that moment.

His heart started beating hard; it was in pain, both mentally and physically. He had to see her before it totally broken. Only she could heal him, could ease his painful heart. He needed to see her. He ran, holding his aching chest. 

The press conference room was filled with reporters by the time Dong Jun got there. They were all busy setting up for the interview that they didn’t notice a ZE:A member was in the room.

He took a seat at the end of the room to avoid the attention and watched the conference.

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook finally appeared. They hold hand, tightly. They smiled, happily. She was looked happy. Her smile was genius but why it hurt him so much.

He should be glad seeing her happy but why his heart kept protesting against his mind. The pain was building up in his heart.

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were talking about how they first date, how happy they were with each other. They asked public for the blessing. They smiled brightly as they talked about their love.

The reporters were in awe hearing about their relationship but all Dong Jun felt was pain. Listening to how happy she was with another guy was unbearable to him.

He was standing up about to leave but Jong Kook made an announcement.

“I would like to inform all of you that we are not only dating but we are engaged now. I hope all the fans will support our marriage. We know it is sudden informing you this news but we were in love for 2 years. It is time for us to become one. Thank you for your support” – Jong Kook proudly announced

The whole conference immediately became chaos. More questions were asked but they suddenly got distracted when Dong Jun collapsed on the floor.

“Someone collapsed.” – A reporter yelled.

“Isn’t it Dong Jun of ZE:A” – Another one added.

Ji Hyo heard the word collapsed and she heard Dong Jun name.

She was in panic, immediately.

 She left the conference table and ran straight to the crowd that gathered around Dong Jun.

She confirmed that was Dong Jun who was lying unconscious on the floor. She rushly sat down next to him and shook his body “Dong Jun. Are you ok?” – She cried, and he didn’t response.

“Call ambulance please, he has heart problem.” – She yelled as she hugged Dong Jun in worry. She didn’t notice that Jong Kook was standing right next to her, looking at her with the saddest eyes.

The ambulance arrived, Ji Hyo jumped inside the ambulance with Dong Jun. She held his hand tightly, putted it next to her forehead. She prayed that he would be ok. She kept talking to him the entire time but there was no response from him.

She cried in concern.

Dong Jun was sent straight to ICU as the ambulance stopped at the hospital. Ji Hyo kept running together with the doctors and nurses but they restrained her outside of the operation room.

She stood out there, in worry. She couldn’t stop, kept walking back and forth.

Jong Kook arrived just a few minutes after Dong Jun was pushed in the operation room. He stood in the hall way looking at the worried Ji Hyo. She was clearly anxious. She bit her nails, walked back and forth, and couldn’t get her eyes off the operation room. Obviously she couldn’t see anything that was happening in the room but she kept looking, hoping to hear good news from the doctor.

He was hurt. He told himself that he shouldn’t be but he couldn’t control his feeling. He knew it wasn’t right to get jealous with a person that just collapsed. It should be normal that she worried about him, like a dongsaeng. Anybody in her situation would be worried seeing someone they knew collapsed right? -  Jong Kook tried to debate to himself. It was narrow-minded and selfish of him to get upset over the situation but he couldn’t help it. Especially that boy had a history with his fiancée and the heart that was having problem belonged to his fiancée’s first love.

 Jong Kook knew better than anyone else how important that heart to Ji Hyo. Thinking about that get him more upset.

Just what was going to happen to their engagement? Jong Kook couldn’t help but worry.

“How is everything?” – He finally gathered enough courage to walk up to Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo looked at him, worry. “He is still in operation. Why does it take so long? It was over an hour” – Ji Hyo raised her voice with anxiety and kept walking back and forth, ignoring Jong Kook existence.

Jong Kook hugged her tightly, stopping her from walking. “He will be ok” – Jong Kook whispered.

“We don’t know that. He collapsed oppa. The paramedics said he had a heart attack oppa. It seemed to be serious. What if he won’t wake up oppa?” – Ji Hyo started crying.

Jong Kook could felt the hot tears wetting through his shirt. Ji Hyo worried, very much. She was crying, because of another guy. That fact hurt him so much.

“He will be ok” – That was the only thing he could said to her.

 He wanted to comfort her more. She was devastated but he couldn’t find the word. His heart was probably in as much pain as Dong Jun’s right now but she didn’t know that. She cried on his painful heart because of another man’s heart.

It might sound selfish of him but he wouldn’t mind to trade the place with Dong Jun and lying inside that operation room. Only if he could divert a little bit of her attention from Dong Jun, he would be willing to do that.