Chapter 20 - His apologies

The Heart

The thirst woke Jong Kook up from his peaceful sleep. With his eyes still closed, he tried to reach for the water bottle that he normally putted on his nightstand but it was nowhere to be found. He opened his eyes and realized that he was not in his bedroom but Ji Hyo’s bedroom. .

He recalled what happened last night. He smiled. It was a sweet night, one of the best nights that they had ever had. He looked at the clock, it was only 8 in the morning but Ji Hyo was not in the bed.

He rolled to her side of the bed, inhaled her scent. It was still there, fresh and passionate. He lied there for a while to enjoy a little more of her that he had been missing like crazy. He hugged her pillow; her lavender shampoo scent was still vivid.

He kissed it.

 He missed that smell so much.

He got up after 30 minutes of rolling around the bed. He walked around her apartment but she was nowhere to be found. He saw a dish of breakfast on the dining table. He sat down. Under the breakfast was a piece of paper, a letter from Ji Hyo.

​"Hyungnim

I’m sorry about what happened last night. You were drunk but I was sober. I should have controlled myself better but I guessed I missed you too much.

Please forget about what happened last night.

It was a mistake.

I don’t think we should see each other anymore outside of work.

It’s getting too complicated.

Please enjoy your breakfast and lock the door on your way out.

Have a good day

Song Ji Hyo”

 

“She still called me hyungnim, it’s mean she hasn’t forgive me yet. But last night wasn’t a mistake Ji Hyo. Not to me at least. You knew we both wanted it. I’m sorry but I can’t forget about you. I won’t give up on us any more, not after last night. I will win you back Ji Hyo” – Jong Kook talked to himself with a smile on his face while enjoying his breakfast.

 

From that day on, he didn’t call or text Ji Hyo but each day, he sent her a gift, for 19 straight days

First day:

Ji Hyo found a pretty gift box in front of her apartment as she got home from work.

She opened it and an instant smile spread on her face.

There were 12 cute cupcakes in that gift box arranged in 3 rows. The letters I M S O RR Y were putted on top in six cupcakes. In the first row, the words I and M was put in the middle of two complete hearts, one red represented him and one white represented her.

The last row was four broken hearts that were bandaged. It was so sweet and cute. Ji Hyo stared at them with smile for an hour before taking the first bite. She loved cupcakes and they were to adorable

 Second day:

Another box was found in front of her apartment, it was smaller but also wrapped carefully. Inside was a cute white cookie with icing of red rose and hearts on top and the big “SORRY BABY” quote. He knew she didn’t like real flower. That’s while he used icing flower instead.

She smiled.

Third day:

An early bell woke Ji Hyo up from her deep sleep. She opened the door. It was a bakery delivery. She knew it was from him.

She opened it and couldn’t stop smiling with the cupcakes saying “I Love You”. The center cupcake had a cute bear holding the heart. The last three cupcakes had the icings of a Chanel purse, a blue dress, and a Burberry handbag. They were her favorite brands. He knew her well.

A Cake was left in front of her house early in the morning. She could tell right away that he made it himself. It was clumsy but it made her smile a little bit sweeter.

The cake said “Sorry. I’m so stupid”

“Yes, you are stupid.” – She smiled as she took the first bite.

A box of chocolate was delivered to her house.

It was her favorite brand. The box contented brown chocolate with white letters on top saying “SORRY. I LOVE YOU”

She smiled.

Sixth day:

She was tiredly walking to her apartment but her face instantly got brighter as she saw a teddy bear was hung in front of her doorknob. Its shirt said “I’m Sorry”

That night, she hugged that bear to sleep.

Seventh day:

A big gift box was delivered to her in the middle of the day. It was big but light.

She unwrapped it. There were two white pillows. The small one said “I love you”. The second one said “Love you more”

She replaced her currents pillows with those two pillows

Eight day:

Another box of chocolate was sent to her. It was the same brand that she loved. The chocolate was made to letter “S O R R R Y T O B E A P A I N”

“He really wanted to make me fat” – She thought with smile

Ninth day:

A heart shape box was left in front of her apartment. She opened a box a couldn’t help but smiling seeing a cute teddy laying in the middle of beautiful paper purple roses.

She was touched

Tenth day:

Another custom ordered chocolate box was sent to her.

It contented 16 pieces of chocolates. It said: “My heart is yours”

“My heart is yours too, babo” – She whispered to herself

Eleventh day:

She got early delivery. It was a purple box. The surprised escaped her eyes as she saw a bouquet of teddy bears. It literally a bouquet of teddy bears, not flowers. Eleventh teddy bears was carefully wrapped as a bouquet with gorgeous purple paper. 

 

Twelfth day:

She had a late filming that day. She was hungry and about to go eat but a pizza was delivered to her name. She said she didn’t order it but the pizza delivery boy said it was ordered for her.

She opened it. It was a heart shape pizza. The inside of the box said “I’m Sorry!”

She ate the whole pizza by herself

Thirteenth day:

A box of fortune cookies was left on her front door. There was a card next to it said “Eat just once a day. Love!” She recognized his writing right away

She took out the first one. The fortune cookie was dipped in chocolate and peanut. She cracked it open. A piece of paper came out. She read it “I miss you like crazy” – it said.

“I miss you too” – She whispered

Fourteenth day:

A special delivery was made to her early in the morning. It required her signature. She was in awe when she opened it. It was a bracelet made with pearls and diamonds with a little pedal said “I Am Sorry.”

She putted it in her wrist right away.

Fifteenth day:

A wood gift box was sent to her. It looked unique. She was curious. Inside was a glass bottle that carefully covered by a red bag. The bottle was engraved with a poem:

While We Are Apart
I’ll Be Thinking Of You
Wondering Just What’s Next
What I’ll Say, What You’ll Do

I’d Love To Go Back
And Take Away All Of The Pain
To Return To "Once Was"
Would It Still Be The Same?

Can We Mend The Seams
Of A Love Torn Apart?
I’ve Searched For An Answer
I’ve Listened To My Heart

Here Is What I Know
As Time Has Gone By
My Soul Has Wept For No One
But For You It Did Cry

Please Search Your Heart
And If There Is A Spark You See
Simply Call Out My Name
And You’ll Return To Me”

Inside the bottle were beautiful rose pedals and a scroll written by him:

“I knew I can’t take back the past but I truly hope we can move on to the future.

I knew I messed up big time but I hope you can forgive a babo like me.

Without you, my world is disappeared.

Please return my world to me.

Please come back to me, my world"

Sixteenth day:

A frame was wrapped carefully and left on her front door. She tear the wrapping paper. Inside was a simple black frame but what attracted her attention was the two red hand palms on the white paper and the sentence “You hold my heart in your hands”

The hand palm was big. She knew it was his. She putted her hand against the hand palm.

She missed his hands …

Seventeenth day:

She found a white carton box on her front door after her doorbell rang. She took it inside and was in huge amazement as 2 clear balloons jumped out of the box. Inside the balloons were colorful papers that were cut in heart shape. One balloon was written “I heart you” and another one was written “You make my heart burst”

She had never been more touched

Eighteenth day:

A jar of paper star was left on her front door together with the card “Read it once a day. Love!”

She unfold the first star. The message was hand written. It said “You are my only star”

Her eyes felt itchy imaging that masculine man folding each and every little paper stars for her…

Ninteenth day

A book was left on her front door. Its front page said :”50 reasons why I love you”

She turned the first page, it said “Because you have a beautiful heart”

Second page “Because you are a strongminded woman”

Third page “Because you are so down on earth”

Fourth page “Because you are always so caring”

Fifth page “Because you are thoughtful”

Sixth page “Because you are talented”

Seventh page “Because you always put others first”

Eighth page “Because you are selfless”

Ninth page “Because you are pure”

Tenth page “Because you are dedicated”

Eleventh page “Because you are unoriginal”

Twelfth page “Because you are unique”

Thirteenth page “Because you are delicate”

Forthteen page “Because you are generous”

Fifteenth page “Because you are open-minded”

Sixteenth page “Because you are responsible”

Seventeenth page “Because you are intelligent”

Eighteenth page “Because you have a good sense of humor”

Nineteenth page “Because you are supportive”

Twentieth page “Because you are confident”

Twenty first page “Because you are sensual”

Twenty second page “Because you are accommodating”

Twenty third page “Because you are honest”

Twenty forth page “Because you are patient”

Twenty fifth page “Because you are independent”

Twenty sixth page “Because you are ambitious”

Twenty seventh page “Because you are interesting”

Twenty eighth page “Because you are refreshing”

Twenty ninth page “Because you are deep as an ocean”

Thirty page “Because you are a good cook”

Thirty first page “Because you are smelled like lavender”

Thirty second page “Because you don’t like make-up”

Thirty third page “Because your face is too pretty”

Thirty forth page “Because your skin is too smooth and flawless”

Thirty fifth page “Because your eyes are as pretty as the stars”

Thirty sixth page “Because your lips are too soft and tender”

Thirty seventh page “Because your nose is high and pretty”

Thirty eighth page “Because your cheeks are chubby”

Thirty ninth page “Because your body is darn y”

Fortieth page “Because your legs are long and slender”

Forty first page “Because your waist was perfect for my arms”

Forty second page “Because your hands are so soft and pretty”

Forty page “Because I never got bored looking at you”

Forty fourth page “Because your touch melts my heart”

Forty fifth page “Because I can sleep peacefully when you are next to me”

Forty sixth page “Because you make me miss you every day”

Forty seventh page “Because it’s too painful without you”

Forty eighth page “Because you fulfill my world”

Forty ninth page “Because you make me happy”

Fifty page “Because I love you”

A tear dropped from the right corner her eye. She was heartened