everything i do, i do it for you

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for Kokris []


Taehyung whistled as he skipped down the road.

Hoseok snickered at him. “What’re you so happy about?”

Taehyung whipped his head towards him. “Suga-hyung! He totally just thanked us! Us! Wow, I want Lee Sujin to stay with him forever.”

“Yeah, I was shocked. First a favor, and then his gratitude?” Hoseok slowly clapped. “Good going, Lee Sujin.”

They joked around as they walked until they split ways, waving goodbye. Taehyung continued down the street, jogging now, feeling eager to get back to Haewon, who had the house all to herself tonight.

When she opened the door, he grinned and pulled her into a hug, spinning her in the air. She shrieked with laughter, hands gripping tightly onto his shoulders so she wouldn’t fall.

“Taehyung!” she laughed breathlessly when he set her down. “What happened? What’s got you so excited?”

He grinned down at her, sliding his arms around her waist and walking them inside. “I told you Suga-hyung asked me and Hoseok-hyung for a favor, right?”

She nodded, leaning her head against his shoulder and pulling the door closed behind them. “Mm-hmm. What kinda favor was it?”

He locked the door behind them and took off his shoes and they strolled into the living room to sink down into the couch. “Get this: he wanted us to walk a girl home.”

Surprised, Haewon lifted her head up and raised an eyebrow at him. “Really? Suga? The same Suga who beat you black and blue?”

Taehyung winced. “Don’t remind me!”

Haewon pursed her lips. “What’s this girl like?”

“Hmm…she’s shy and quiet. Innocent. Way too nice for Suga-hyung,” he snorted, playing with the ends of her hair. “Same grade as him. Probably smart too, though I have to wonder if she’s hanging out with Hyung.”

She snuggled into him and smacked him softly on the chest. “Don’t say that!”

He chuckled and turned to press his lips against her forehead. “Her name’s Lee Sujin. Heard of her?”

She thought for a moment. “Maybe in passing? If she’s shy, she obviously doesn’t stand out. Are she and Suga, you know, together?”

“Don’t think so. Not yet, at least,” Taehyung added. “But she’s definitely special to him. She changed him. For her, he asked me and Hoseok-hyung for a favor, and then he even thanked us afterward.”

“Did he really? Haewon whistled. “Wow. I wanna meet this girl. Why’d it take you so long to walk her home?”

“Well…She was surprisingly stubborn. When she realized that Suga-hyung ran off to a fight, she begged us to stop him.”

Haewon shot up and stared at him in worry. “You didn’t…you didn’t help him fight, did you?” She looked him over, her fingers gently probing him. “Did you get hurt?”

“No, no fighting.” He shook his head and pulled her back down so her head was tucked under his chin. “I said I was done, remember? I meant it.”

“I know, I know. Just be careful.” She brushed a soft kiss across his collarbone.

His arms tightened around her. “Anyway, she asked us to help her stop him, actually. She wanted us to show her where he went.”

Haewon stiffened, beginning to understand where this was going. “You…”

“Like I said, stubborn! She wouldn’t give up and started running off on her own. So Hoseok-hyung and I decided it was better if we at least went with her. So—”

Haewon got up and slapped his arm, frowning. “Taehyung! How could you?”

Confused, he reached for her again, but she pushed him away and stalked to the kitchen. “Wha—”

He pushed himself up and followed her, confused. “What? What did I say?”

She whipped around and glared at him. “How could you put her in danger like that? You should know better!” She proceeded to violently rip open the refrigerator and grab a can of soda, gulping down half of it in a few seconds.

“But she wanted to—”

“That doesn’t mean you should listen to her!” She stared at him angrily, her hand clenching around the fragile soda can. “You know better than her how dangerous a fight is!”

“She wouldn’t listen!” Taehung exploded, feeling wronged. “She just—would you rather I let her run around randomly at night and get mugged?”

“No, I’d rather you just take her home like Suga asked—”

“Oh, now you like Suga-hyung—”

“I don’t like him, I just agree with him—”

“She wasn’t gonna jump into the middle of the fight—”

“She could’ve gotten seriously hurt and you—”

“But she didn’t!” Taehyung yelled, chest heaving, eyes blazing. “She didn’t, because Hyung wouldn’t have let her get hurt!”

“You don’t know—”

“I do know, because I was there! I saw how he looked at her! I saw—I saw how she calmed him down, how she stopped him from losing control! Jesus, Haewon, you—” He grabbed at his hair in angry frustration. “You—you should understand.”

She froze. “What?”

“You should understand her.” He looked at her solemnly. “Because you did the same thing.”

“I—” She stopped. “I did?”

“When I left the gang and didn’t talk to you for a week,” he stepped closer to her cautiously, watching as she shakily set down her soda and bit her lip, “and you came looking for me, but you found the gang instead. You scared the outta me, y’know? You could’ve gotten seriously hurt. So why did you do it?”

“I—that’s…different,” she denied weakly, not meeting his eyes. “We were dating.”

“No, it’s exactly the same.” He took another step and she looked up at him with teary eyes. “Lee Sujin ran into a fight for Suga-hyung for the same reason that you confronted the gang to find me.” He stopped moving and waited.

It didn’t take long for her to take the final step and melt into him, clutching him to her. His arms immediately wrapped around her back and squeeze her to him.

“She makes him better,” he murmured into her hair. “The same way you make me better.”

She lifted her head and pushed up on her feet while tugging down on his shirt, their lips meeting harshly. It was not a soft kiss; it was angry and apologetic and frustrated. It made her gasp and press into him harder; it made him growl and hold her tighter.

They parted and drew in shaky breaths before kissing again, something sweeter, gentler.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered in between the heated caresses of his lips. “I shouldn’t have—I just—”

“Shh, shh, it’s okay.” He kissed her again, sighing contentedly as his fingers rubbed circles on her back.

“I just—it’s Suga, y’know?” She exhaled unevenly and rested her forehead against his heart. “He hurt you so much and I…I guess it’s just hard for me to—to think of him as a good person. Or, well, a better person. A person who deserves to have someone run after him. God, I’m horrible.” She scoffed at herself.

“No, you’re not. You just never knew him when he was happy. That’s not your fault.” He hummed into her ear and closed his eyes. “But y’know, I saw him again today. Because of Lee Sujin. She’s bringing him back, I can tell. I can’t wait for you to meet Yoongi-hyung the way he used to be.”

She smiled and nodded, listening to his heartbeat. “I can’t wait to meet him too.”


notes: I'm on a roll!

No actually I'm procrastinating. I always write more when I'm not supposed to. lol. I have a project due in 2 weeks, a midterm in 2 weeks, an essay due in 3, plus other hw. Life is great.

Thanks for requesting, Kokris! I hope you like this!

Some serious V for y'all. I'm not sure if Haewon's in character, actually...need to go back and read my own writing. lolololol

Hope you like it! Feel free to request, everyone! I think I only have one left!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208