my first kiss went a little like this

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

in celebration of the conception of this fluff collection []


“Sujin.”

Said girl looked down from the sky at the sound of her name. Her legs swung rhythmically to keep her in the air. “What?”

Yumi wiggled her eyebrows suggestively from her own swing. “You and Suga kissed yet?”

Sujin blushed as she whooshed past her nosy best friend but replied primly, “No, Yoongi and I haven’t kissed, thank you very much. We’re not dating. And you know he doesn’t go by that name anymore.”

Yumi rolled her eyes and sighed, leaning back and pushing off the ground. “At this rate, you two won’t be together will you’re sixty, and then how are you gonna have kids?”

“Yumi!” Sujin squealed, her hair flying into her face as she gaped at her best friend. “What are you saying?”

“What?” Yumi quirked an eyebrow. “I mean, obviously, you guys are gonna end up together. Like, it’s inevitable. Set in stone. Who else could either of you possibly be with?”

“He doesn’t like me like that!” Sujin tossed her head, trying to dislodge her hair from her lips. She was unsuccessful. “It’s—we’re not like that!” Her legs went limp as she coasted on momentum.

Yumi dropped her legs and skidded to a stop, pinning her best friend with an unamused look. “Are you kidding me right now? Jesus Christ! Look, girl, you two are not just friends. You—I mean—can’t you see it? No, I guess you can’t.” She shook her head as she answered her own question. “Sujin, you’re—god, seriously, you fixed him! You fixed him, you!”

“That doesn’t mean—”

“Oh my god, it totally does!” Yumi reached out and grabbed one side of Sujin’s swing. “You helped him get his life back together! Look, we’re in college now. Against all odds, he got into one too, thanks to you. You keep him grounded. Even I can see that and I barely even talk to the guy.”

Sujin sighed, kicking at the ground beneath her feet. “Maybe so, but that doesn’t mean he has to fall in love with me.”

Yumi slapped her face. “You know what, I give up. Just know that when you two get married, my speech is just gonna be ‘I told you so!’”


Sujin sipped her coffee as she waited patiently for Jungkook. It had been a while since they’d last had a chance to meet up as they’d both been busy with school, so they jumped on this opportunity.

The bells on the door jingled and she looked up to see Jungkook walk in. A wide smile immediately spread across her face and she raised an arm to wave at him.

“Jungkook! Hi!” She got up to hug him and he ran at her and scooped her up, spinning her.

“Noona, I missed you! I feel like it’s been forever!” He set her down and gave her the charming grin that made most girls swoon.

“It kinda has,” she pouted. They sat down and Jungkook ordered a drink. “So how’s everything? School?”

He shrugged. “School is school. You know how it is.”

“Ah yes, Mr. I-was-born-smart,” she teased and he rolled his eyes good-naturedly. His drink came and he took a big gulp. “How’s the girlfriend? I haven’t heard from her in a while, actually.”

Jungkook groaned. “Don’t even get me started. She’s been stressing like crazy over some project and it’s driving me insane.”

Sujin laughed. “Same as always, then! You two are so good for each other.” She smiled happily for him.

“Hm. What about you?” He studied her with a grin.

“Me?” She pursed her lips, thinking. “Well, school’s rough, but that’s nothing new. Living with Yumi is still more stressful than taking exams.” She giggled.

He chuckled along before growing serious. “Mm-hm. And how’s Yoongi-hyung?”

“W-why are you asking me?” she stuttered, startled. “Don’t you keep in touch with him?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “Keeping in touch with Hyung is texting hi every month so I know he’s still alive.”

“R-really?” Sujin blushed. “I mean, I talk to him a lot…”

“I’m not surprised,” Jungkook smirked. “So are you two together yet or are you still making everyone wait?”

“What do you mean ‘yet’? Honestly, you and Yumi are the same!” she whined, frowning into her coffee. “You both make it sound like there’s no one else either of us could possibly be with.”

Jungkook looked taken aback by her outburst. “Well…I mean, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad, but that’s kinda true, isn’t it? I can’t see you or Hyung with anyone else. And I thought—I was pretty sure…”

“Pretty sure about what?”

“Nothing.” He shook his head. “So you don’t like Hyung then?”

“Er, well, I mean, um, that, well, that’s different,” she stammered, glaring at his smug face. “I mean, okay, I do, I like him, but he doesn’t like me.”

“Have you asked him?”

“Of course not!”

Jungkook laughed. “Then you can’t say that for sure! Noona, trust me when I say you are literally the only girl, the only person really, on Hyung’s radar. You’re, like, the only person he talks to regularly that he isn’t forced to see every day.”

“I—I—really?”

He nodded. “Really really. Something needs to happen between you two soon because the rest of us are dying from anticipation.”

“We’re not here for your entertainment!”

“Yeah, but you can’t help being entertaining anyway,” he snickered and then winced when her foot met his shin.


Hey, I’m home for the weekend too. Wanna meet up?

“Sure! When and where?”

Just come over to my house now. I’m too tired to go anywhere.” Yawn.

“I think you mean lazy.”

Whatever. See ya.

She listened to her phone for another second before stowing it away, still not used to his abruptness in ending phone calls. She bit her lip to try to contain her overwhelming happiness; he just got home, and he was tired, but he wanted to see her.

She fussed over her appearance for a good five minutes before realizing what she was doing, and she almost smacked herself for being so self-conscious.

“It’s just like old times,” she muttered to herself as she bought groceries for dinner. “Just like old times.”

She drove to his house easily, the directions to his house imprinted firmly in her memory. Looking up at the familiar house, she felt a heavy wave of nostalgia wash over her.

She dug around her purse for the key that he’d given her several years back—“A key? He gave you a key to his house? Jesus Christ, girl, when’s the wedding!?” Yumi had yelled when she found out—and quickly brought the groceries inside. Footsteps echoed from the kitchen and she didn’t even notice how wide she was smiling when he appeared.

“Hey.” He smiled crookedly and held out his arms and she flew to him, dropping the bags carelessly.

“Yoongi,” she breathed, burying her nose into his neck. “Hi.”

He chuckled, holding her tightly. “Guess you missed me, huh?”

She nodded against him. “I did. A lot.”

His face softened and he turned his face into her hair, closing his eyes as he breathed her in. “Missed you too.”

Her heart sped up to what was most likely an unhealthily fast pace. Oh, but she liked him so, so much. She was probably in love with him, if she was being honest with herself. But she’d always expected that.

They hugged for several long minutes, neither wanting to pull away first, but eventually they pulled back at the same time and smiled at each other.

“I should start dinner,” she murmured, her hands still around his neck, playing with the hair at his nape.

He leaned his forehead against hers and exhaled slowly. “I’ll get the bags.” But his hands didn’t let go of her waist.

A slow blush began burning its way up her neck and into her cheeks. This—this was intimate. More than friendly. This was like lovers. And she wanted it so bad.

She wondered if Yoongi was aware of how misleading their current position would be to others. Surely he wasn’t so oblivious? But then, did this mean that he wanted her too?

Suddenly feeling wholly unsure of herself, Sujin bit her lip and began to pull away. But his grip tightened on her and his eyes flitted to her lips before locking onto hers.

“Sujin,” he whispered. His fingers clenched and unclenched against her sweater and she realized that he was nervous.

She held her breath. She had a feeling she knew what was coming, but at the same time, she totally didn’t

His lips touched hers. It was just a brush, really, but she gasped and shivered. He didn’t move, didn’t press harder or rear back. He just left his lips barely touching hers, waiting for her to make the next move.

She wanted this. She did, didn’t she? She liked him—loved him—and he was kissing her and oh wait, maybe that meant she should be kissing him back—

Gathering all her courage, she closed her eyes and pressed herself more firmly against him. A beat passed and then all at once, he was well and truly kissing her, his lips moving languidly against hers.

It was as sloppy and unsophisticated as it was passionate and sweet, and raw with pent-up emotion. It wasn’t good, but it was perfect.

They broke apart for a second, panting, their eyes frantically searching each other’s, and then they melted together again, their bodies lined up so closely that there wasn’t a beginning or an ending. One of his hands trailed up her back and cupped her cheek, brushing his thumb across it, before sinking into her hair, anchoring her against him, and the other wrapped around her hips, so she couldn’t escape.

But he was home and she never wanted to leave him. Her hands moved restlessly across his chest, his shoulders, through his hair, and back again.

They kissed furiously until their passion calmed, and they slowed and drew apart with heaving chests, though they still held each other close. They met eyes again and then they were laughing, with relief, with happiness, with love. They were laughing at each other, and for each other, and with each other. No more words were needed to confirm what they were.

And maybe Yumi and Jungkook and everyone else—maybe they were all right all along. Maybe Sujin and Yoongi were always meant to be Sujin-and-Yoongi.
Inevitable.

When her laughter died down to giggles, she finally remembered to say, “Welcome home.”

He blinked, then nudged her nose playfully with his own. “Yeah. I’m home.”


notes: Of course I have to begin with my most popular pairing!

Hello and welcome to the collection! IDK what to call this universe; the gangster AU? Well, guess that works as well as anything.

I was eager and inspired. I'm sure a lot of people wanted to know what Sujin and Suga's first kiss was like, ami I right or am I right? ;) Let me know what you think! (It totally turned out cheesier than I wanted.)

skyblaze208, OUT!

edit 8/9/16: It has been brought to my attention that my formatting maybe makes these chapters a little difficult to read?? So I've decided to get rid of the layouts and go back to the basics. Keep It Simple, Stupid," as they say." I'll be slowly reformatting each chapter. Also, am currently working hard on requests! It's been a while, so I'm having a little trouble grasping Yoongi and Sujin's voices, but a new chapter should be out within a week! Look forward to it! :)


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208