take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for Little_Snowflake []


Yujin packed her books and stood up with a sigh, stretching her stiff muscles. Studying in the library was truly the most efficient. Picking up her phone, she checked the phone and gasped, her eyes nearly bugging out of her head.

“When did it get so late?” she wailed to herself.

She glanced around the library, which was empty save for the librarian, who had fallen asleep, though he was supposed to close the place up in five minutes. She scurried over to him and gently poked him in the shoulder. When he didn’t wake, she shoved him a bit harder, almost pushing him out of his seat. Frantically, she caught a flailing arm and hauled him back, apologizing profusely as he swore and blinked awake.

“I’m so sorry! It’s almost eight and I know the library is supposed to close then and you were sleeping so…” She shrugged sheepishly.

He coughed in humiliation and waved her away. “It’s fine,” he dismissed gruffly. “Careful on your way home.”

She nodded and bowed. “Yes, thank you! Sorry again!”

Walking outside, she immediately shivered in the harsh, old wind. It was nearing winter now and the air was cold, and the wind was sharp, and she really should have brought a thinker jacket. She pulled up her hood and stuffed her hands as deep into her pockets as she could, hunkering down against the cold.

It was already dark out now and her eyes darted around a little fearfully as she hurried home. As she turned the last corner, she noticed a dark shape hobbling down the street. Stiffening, she tried to merge into the darkness as she walked down the street but as soon as she passed under a street lamp the figure stopped. She squeaked and starting running to her house, wondering if it was safe to show the stranger where she lived, but as she got closer she recognized his face.

“Jungkook!?”

He froze and squinted at her, limping closer for a better look. When he recognized her, his eyes widened and he grimaced as he tried to turn and run away.

“Hey, wait! Jungkook, wait! Are you hurt?”

She ran forward and caught his arm, jumping away as he flinched and groaned. “Are you—oh my god, you’re all beat up! What happened? Wait, let’s clean you up first. Come on, I live right here.”

“No, I’m fine—”

“Shut up and move! You’re injured!”

He caved at her command and leaned on her as she helped him to her house. They stepped inside and she immediately ran off to get supplies, turning on lights and muttering under her breath as she went.

Jungkook made his way down the hall, slumping against a wall as he watched her bustle around. There was a half-smile on his face that he didn’t even notice.

Finally, she dumped everything on the kitchen table and supported him to a chair.

“I didn’t know what to bring so I got a bunch of towels and bandages and I managed to find some rubbing alcohol but does this stuff expire? I hope not ‘cause I don’t have anything else, and oh! Maybe some warm water would be good? I don’t know—oh, clothes! Umm, I don’t really have any—oh, some of my brother’s old clothes might work! I’ll be right back!” She flashed a bright smile and ran off before he could tell her it was fine.

He sighed but smiled in amusement. Her talkative personality was exactly what he liked best about her. Not that they really knew each other or anything.

She stampeded back down with a bundle of clothes that she also dumped into the pile on the table. Beaming at him, she asked, "Anything else?”

He eyed the stack wryly. “I think that should be enough.”

“Okay!” She clapped her hands eagerly. “Let’s begin! First we should wash the blood off…”

He sat quietly as she enthusiastically soaked a towel in warm water and proceeded to dab at his cuts and bruises.

“You know, it’s a good thing my parents aren’t home yet. Actually, it’s a good thing my brother isn’t home, because he’d probably kill me for bringing a boy home and then threaten you and then patch you up and then threaten you some more and then kill me again for bringing a beat-up delinquent home.” She giggled. “Of course, you’re not really a delinquent, just beat up.”

He winced internally. “You’re not scared of me?”

She blinked up at him innocently. “Should I be?”

“Well, I’m a gangster.” And everyone else is, he added silently.

Surprisingly, she laughed and shook her head. “Not really!”

He frowned. “Um, yes. I am part of a gang, therefore I am a gangster.”

She rolled her eyes and continued wiping his arms after forcing him to take off his shirt. There was no reaction at the sight of him in only a tank top, he noted regretfully.

“Except you have like the best grades in our year. Also you’re nice. Also, I heard that you stopped fighting.”

He raised his eyebrows in shock. “Where did you hear that from?” Because it was true.

She shrugged. “Don’t remember. A friend, probably. Anyway, gangsters are scary and you’re not scary. Therefore, you’re not a gangster.” She grinned at him smugly. “Did you really stop fighting?”

He watched her for a long second before smiling helplessly and nodding. “Yeah. I’m—we’re done with that now, I think. Or we’re trying to be.”

“That’s good. I’m a pacifist. But then, why are you all beat up?”

“Ambushed.”

She gasped and reared back. “That’s horrible! And downright cowardly. I hope you gave them the beating of their lives.”

He stared at her. “I thought you were a pacifist.”

“Well, yeah, mostly.” She pulled back from his neck and laid her hands on his cheeks. His breath caught. “Look up.”

He did, and their eyes caught. A breath, and then suddenly they both realized just how close their faces were to each other.

“Hi,” she whispered as her cheeks turned pink.

“Hi,” he breathed back, his lips pulling up into a smirk. “You’re close.”

“No, you’re close.”

“You’re the one leaning in.”

“I am not.”

A surprised chuckle burst from him. “Why aren’t you scared of me? Everyone else still is.”

“They are?” She frowned in confusion. “But I hear girls talking about how hot you are all the time.”

He spluttered. “W-w-w-w-what!?”

She nodded very matter-of-factly. “Uh-huh. I know it’s bad to eavesdrop but they’re just so loud that it’s kinda hard not to overhear, ya know?”

“Hmm. And what do you think about me?” Jungkook could hardly believe he just asked that. What was he doing here anyway? Why was she still so close to him? Why was he letting this happen again? He didn’t want this. He didn’t.

It would just be a repeat, he was sure.

“Me?” She thought about it as she finally began to carefully wipe the dirt and blood from his face. Her eyes trailed over his features and her cheeks grew brighter. “I think you are a very good person. I think I would…I would like to get to know you better. I would like to be friends. Is that…okay?”

He didn’t reply, simply stared.

Her hands stilled on his face and she turned her gaze down. “Is that…not okay?”

Jungkook wanted so badly to tell her that he didn’t want to be just friends, that he wanted more, that he liked her. But he was scared of being hurt again. So he simply grabbed her wrists, making her look up at him again, and smiled widely. “It’s okay. Of course it’s okay. Let’s be friends.”

She grinned blindingly at him and pounced on him with a hug, apologizing profusely when he squawked with surprise and pain. “Yay! I promise I’ll try to be the bestest friend ever!”

Closing his eyes, he leaned into her, tightening his arms around her. “I’ll hold you to that.”


notes: Sorry for the wait guys! (I think I start off every A/N with those words now. So sorry again.)

I had more real life troubles. first I upgraded to Windows 10 which is like YAY or it should have been EXCEPT IT'S SO BUGGY AND I KEPT HAVING TO RESTART IT AND I'VE KINDA GIVEN UP ON BEING ABLE TO WATCHING VIDEOS. SIGH. Then I was packing and moving into school and getting ready and stuff, textbooks, meeting people, all that jazz. THEN my computer stopped working, like it wouldn't turn on because I have a ty motherboard and I thought I got it fixed last year but APPARENTLY NOT. So I had to get supplies and fixed it myself (joy) and THEN classes started. So. WHEW.

Finally got inspired and time to write today so I quickly cranked this out. It's not as fluffy and cute as I wanted and I think the characters' personalities were different from the request, but this is how this universe's Jungkook is, and Yujin wrote herself into this bright, talkative girl who is not exactly shy but pretty naive. Haha.

OH YES IMPORTANT NOTE: I'm not actually taking requests for Jungkook, Jimin, Jin, or Rap Monster. Since this was my very first request, I made an exception, but I won't be accepting anymore requests for those four members because their main stories have not been written yet. I feel like I've spoiled a lot of Jungkooks story with this chapter already (!!!!!) which is like BAD obviously. So yeah, I'm sorry, but we have to delve deep into these four guys' histories and minds first before I give you da fluffz for them, lolol. But please do keep requesting for Suga, V, and J-Hope! I may not update quickly or regularly, but I'll do my best to fulfill your requests in a timely manner!

Enjoy! Thank you again, Little_Snowflake, for being my very first request! <3 I hope you like this!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208