and your eyes look like coming home

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for fantasydreams []


He knows he’s being irrational. Really and truly—he knows. But such is irrationality: even if he knows, he can’t stop it.

It’s not even like he can be angry, because she’s just being a good friend. And of course, he’s worried about Jungkook too; heartbreak, he knows, is no easy foe.

But—the thing is, he also knows that aside from him, Sujin is closest to Jungkook. They were friends first, and Sujin’s a much better person than him to confide in when it comes to matters of the heart.

But he just can’t help feeling the tiniest bit—

Yoongi glares at his phone, as if his harsh stare can burn Sujin’s apologetic text into nonexistence.

—jealous.

from: sujin
i’m sorry yoongi, i’ll be back late tonight. i’m really worried about jungkook (6:34:56)

He texts back a nonchalant “ok” and throws his phone down, sighing. Heating up some leftovers from the previous night, he shovels the food into his mouth and settles down at his desk to get some work done.

This was supposed to be a nice, relaxing weekend together after several busy weeks of school. Sujin rarely has a chance to visit him at school, so they’d wanted to make the most of it. But then Jungkook had called her and Jimin had called him and—well, suffice it to stay, they haven’t had much quality bonding time.

The clock ticks towards ten o’clock. Yoongi sits back, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He glances at his phone but there’s no development. After hemming and hawing for a good two minutes, he finally decides to call her.

“Yoongi! Sorry, I’m still with Jungkook. We’re at his apartment.”

He leans onto his elbow, closing his eyes and rubbing his forehead. “It’s fine. I just wanted to check on you since it’s so late.”

“Oh my goodness, it’s ten?” Her voice is genuinely shocked. “I didn’t even realize! I’m so sorry, I’ll leave soon.”

As much as he wants to be selfish and demand she come home, he’s more concerned about her safety. Plus, he knows she hates driving at night. “Sujin, just stay over for the night. It’s too late, I don’t want you driving now.”

“But...”

“Don’t worry about it. See you tomorrow.”

“Okay...good night.”

He grunts an affirmative and hangs up. He sits motionless for a long while, staring down at him phone with mixed feelings of guilt and regret, before finally groaning and turning off the light for bed.

The thought of Sujin and Jungkook alone together all night stabs at him, even though he knows they have no romantic interest in each other and he knows nothing will happen. But still, his thoughts: Jungkook, heartbroken, needing comfort; Sujin, too kind, eagerly offers herself up. One thing leads to another and then—

“No! What the are you thinking, you idiot?” he yells at himself, slapping his forehead. “There’s nothing to be jealous about!”

Moreover, he and Sujin—they’re more than friends, but definitely less than lovers, and he trusts her more than he trusts himself sometimes.

It takes several hours, but eventually he falls into fitful rest. In the morning, he’s almost more tired than he would’ve been had he simply stayed up all night.

His phone reads five in the morning; he sighs and throws an arm over his eyes. He wonders what she’s doing.

She’s probably still asleep...and she’ll probably stay for breakfast. , is she making him breakfast? Dammit, I miss her cooking. I miss her. He exhales sharply, feeling his cheeks heat up even though he’s alone. Kookie better ing appreciate how much time she’s spending on him.

Eventually, he just gets up and showers, before making himself comfortable at the dining table with a mug of hot tea to play the waiting game.

He wakes up to cold tea and the sound of knocking. He bolts upright, wiping away the drool in the corners of his mouth, before sprinting to open the door. She brightens at the sight of him, looking as weary as he feels.

“I’m back!” she declares unnecessarily, smiling at him as she dumps her belongings on a chair.

He catches her hand, squeezing it tight. She squeezes back, cheeks pink. “Jungkook hogged you for so long,” he grumbles, his mouth quirking up when she laughs. “How’s the kid?”

She sighs heavily, and he pulls her closer. “He’s...well, pretending he’s okay. He told me what happened but...I don’t like seeing him smile like that.”

“Nothing we can do. Ain’t nobody’s fault.”

Sujin nods. “I know. I just wish...I don’t know. Anyway, I think he could use some time with you and the boys?”

Yoong’s eyebrows shoot up in surprise. “Including Jimin?”

She smiles sadly. “Especially Jimin. They’ve both been tiptoeing around each other and it’s not good. They need to talk. And he needs his family right now.”

“But he won’t talk to us. He’s always hated talking about his feelings.”

She rolls her eyes. “You do too! It’s fine. He just needs time now. He’ll be okay.”

Yoongi nods slowly. “Okay. I’ll see what I can do.”


Later, he calls Jungkook to check in and set up plans.

“You doin’ okay?” Yoongi asks cautiously.

Jungkook sighs. “Yeah. I just need some time.”

“That’s what Sujin said.”

“She knows what she’s talking about. By the way,” Jungkook’s tone turns teasing, “sorry for stealing her from you yesterday. I know how easily jealous you get.”

Yoongi turns red with embarrassment. “Shut up, no I don’t!”

Jungkook chuckles. “Do you remember last year when she met Yoon and talked about him all the time and you got so pissed you couldn’t sleep? And then it turned out he’s gay?”

“Don’t remind me,” he muttered through gritted teeth, but Jungkook was having fun traveling down memory lane.

“Or that time some guy on the street hit on her and you almost punched him?”

“Jungkook—”

Or that time she hugged Jimin-hyung and you almost pulled her off of him and didn’t talk to him for a week?”

“Shut the up,” Yoongi hisses, humiliation rushing through his veins. Jungkook is busy laughing his head off.

“Hyung, why don’t you just ask her out already? It’s not like she’ll say no,” Jungkook says between snickers.

Yoongi rolls his eyes. “You wouldn’t understand.”

Jungkook drawls, “Riiiiiight. You never know, someone might sweep her off her feet.”

Yoongi’s face darkens and he growls, “They wouldn’t dare.”

Jungkook snorts. “Yeah, o-kay. See you later.”

Yoongi hangs up and runs a hand through his hair.

Sweep her off her feet? he thinks angrily. As if! She’s not that sweepable!

“Yoongi? Is...everything okay? You’re making a scary face.” She approaches him slowly, reaching out to touch his hand.

He immediately links their fingers together. “Everything’s fine. Just thinking.”

She beams at him and he smiles back, her touch melting away his silly thoughts.

Yeah. Everything is fine. We’re in no rush.


notes: i'm sorry fantasydreams...this is probably not what you were expecting at all. ;_;

you wanted jealous!suga and i wanted to mix that with a bit of a plot teaser for stuff that'll happen later in the main series, but i ended up having issues with the timeline and making suga actually, plausibly jealous. this is what came out. I'M SORRY. i hope you enjoyed it anyway and i promise to make your next request extra fluffy! and maybe a little sinful

i have a few more requests in store, but i'm still open for more! i really am on a roll. i've been writing SO MUCH lately, it's so refreshing.

this chapter's song is a favorite of minel i admit t.swizzle is a guilty pleasure and i really do like some of her songs and lyrics. i'm not a huge fan of ed hseeran but i appreciate his artistry. :D

skyblaze208 OUT!


© Copyright 2017 by skyblaze208