when you see my face (hope it gives you hell)

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

[]


“Lee Sujin.”

I looked up at the sound of my name. Confusion flitted across my face as I recognized one of the most well-known girls in school, Song Nara,  staring down at me with two of her friends standing behind her.

“Yes?” I replied hesitantly. What could she possibly want from me?

She crooked a finger at me. “Follow me.”

Perplexed beyond measure, I obediently stood and walked after her. It was a study period, so everyone was diligently taking notes but several students were watching me with interest since I was called out by Song Nara. I felt myself blush as I clumsily hurried out of the room.

I trailed after her down the hall and stopped when she entered the girl’s restroom. The whole situation was starting to feel ominous.

“Well?” one of her friends snapped at me impatiently. “Come in!”

Uncertainly, I stepped inside. What had I done? I’d never in my life spoken to any of these girls, let alone insulted them. What was going on?

“Lee Sujin,” Nara said as soon as I walked in. She beckoned me over and crowded me against the far wall. I started to panic.

“Y-yes? Did I...did I do something wrong?” I croaked out fearfully, my eyes darting restlessly between Nara and her two friends.

She studied me for a second. “You’re close with Suga and Jungkook.”

“Yoongi,” I corrected thoughtlessly. “H-he doesn’t go by Suga anymore.”

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Are you dating them?”

“What? No!” I blurted, my cheeks flaring.

“Good. So you can introduce me to them, right?” She raised an expectant eyebrow.

“You want me to introduce you...to Yoongi and Jungkook?” I repeated slowly, baffled. “Why?”

“Please, I thought you were smart.” She smirked at me. “I want them. One or both, doesn’t really matter.”

I was starting to understand what she wanted, but I was not going to play matchmaker for her. I needed to find a polite way out of this. “Um, w-why don’t you just introduce yourself to them?”

She scoffed. “They don’t talk to people at school. They shut everyone down. Except you. So get me in with them.”

“U-um...”

“Look, you’re not really in a position to say no. I can destroy your reputation like that.” She snapped her fingers sharply.

I swallowed. “I...don’t have any reputation...”

She sighed and her two friends snickered from behind her. “Just do it, will you?”

“Why...why them?” I asked, daring to meet her gaze head-on. “You can have any boy in the school.”

“Anyone except for BTS,” she clarified, shaking her head. “They snub me every time I try to talk to one of them.” She balls her fists and grits her teeth. “It’s so ing annoying. I’m gonna prove that even they can’t resist me.”

Question marks filled my mind. So it was a pride issue? She just wanted to make a point? “They won’t fall for an act like that.”

“What do you know?” she snapped angrily. “You’re just a pushover. They only hang around you out of pity.”

Her words would have hurt if I didn’t know they were completely untrue. I shook my head with a shy smile. “No. They don’t do anything out of pity.”

She huffed in frustration. “Shut up! Don’t pretend you’re a saint! God, you’re all so ing superior, aren’t you? You’re just a stupid little girl and they’re just gangsters. Suga’s practically a murderer, so don’t pretend like you’re all so perfect.”

I froze. A sudden welling of emotion rose in my chest and my eyes blurred with angry tears. She couldn’t have offended me more. “How dare you. How dare you!”

She folded her arms across her chest and smirked. “What, did I hurt your feelings or something?”

And then, my body moved almost involuntarily. I didn’t think, didn’t process what I had done until it was over. It was the most impulsive moment of my entire life.

I slapped her across the face with all my strength.

She yelped and her friends gasped in horror. I didn’t even care.

“How dare you say that!” I yelled at her as she cradled her cheek and glared at me. “Who gave you the right to judge any of us? How dare you say that about Yoongi! You—you’re just a spoiled brat who can’t understand that the world doesn’t revolve around you! How dare you! They’re not—they’re not just gangsters, they’re—they’re human, they’re real and good, and—and Yoongi is s-so n-n-nice a-and—” I hiccuped and cut off as my throat choked up and my emotions swelled over me.

“You little—”

“Sujin.”

The three girls screamed and spun around as a new voice joined in. I was too busy trying not to cry to be shocked by Yoongi’s sudden appearance in the girl’s restroom.

He didn’t even look at them, just walked up to me and grabbed my hand. “Hey, hey, it’s okay. Don’t cry, you know I hate it when you cry. What am I supposed to do?”

“W-w-what are y-you d-doing he-he-he-here?” I asked haltingly. “This i-is the r-girl’s rest—restroom.”

He smirked. “Who cares? I heard you got called out so I had to come save you, of course. You’re really a magnet for trouble, aren’t you.”

I coughed out a cross between a laugh and a sob. It was a wet, sticky sound and Yoongi wrinkled his nose in reaction.

“Hey, c’mon.” He stepped closer and placed his free hand against my cheek, wiping away the tears. “Sujin.”

I blinked and swallowed down a rising sob before looking up at him. He was smiling at me so, so gently that it actually made me cry harder.

“Oh ,” he muttered. “, , . Don’t cry, don’t cry, I’m sorry.”

I shook my head and pointed shakily in the direction of Song Nara.

“Huh? Oh, them. They’re not worth it, okay?” He brushed away more of my tears and began to pull me towards the door. “Let’s go.”

“H-hey, wait—”

“Shut the up and never talk to Sujin again,” he snarled at Nara. “You don’t with me, or the boys, or Sujin, or I’ll break your face.”

She scurried away and nodded vigorously. “Y-y-yes, right, o-okay, I understand, yes—”

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi continued dragging me out of the restroom. He winced every time I sobbed as he led me out of the building to the courtyard.

“Sujin, please stop crying,” he pleaded, looking pained.

“I-I-I—I’m sorry-y-y,” I wailed, and he grimaced before finally stopping and just yanking me into a hug.

“God. What happened in there?” he muttered rhetorically, but I answered him anyway.

“She—she c-called you a—a murderer!” I cried into his chest, my shoulders and chest heaving with the intensity of my sobs.

“Oh Sujin,” he sighed, holding me tighter. “You got this worked up over that?”

I weakly hit his side. “W-what do you m-mean, ‘that’? You make it s-sound trivial!”

“It is trivial,” he murmured. “I don’t care what people say about me and you shouldn’t either.”

“B-but they’re so mean!” I whined, furiously rubbing my eyes. “How—how can they say things l-like that!”

He snorted in amusement and pulled back to look at me. I sniffled but I calmed down significantly after a few moments.

“Look, everyone I care about knows the truth, and that’s all that matters. Okay?” He cupped my face again, rubbing at my cheeks soothingly.

“Fine,” I muttered unhappily.

Chuckling, he pulled me into his arms again and this time I was composed enough to become flustered by his embrace. “Thanks, Sujin.”


notes: I am on a roll! Unfortunately, not a request again, aha, sorry. I actually wrote another chapter that is also not a request, but I just needed to write these ideas before I forgot about them. I hope you all like them! I promise the requests are coming soon!

Just a random little thought about Sujin defending Yoongi to someone. I was all eager and inspired to write this chapter until I realized that I didn't really have a plausible reason for someone to insult Yoongi in front of Sujin looooool so I made something up. IT'S VERY CONTRIVED I KNOW I'M SORREH. Suspension of disbelief, please activate it! ><

Next up is one more random chapter, and then requests! I need to write more stuff for Hoseok and Taehyung. I will, swears! And then I need to hurry up and just write the other members' stories so I can add them to this collection already. I'm working on it!

(lol i really need better chapter images)

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2016 by skyblaze208