for you i am willing

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for lovelyeoja []


“Ah-ah-ah-choo!”

Sujin sniffled miserably, shoving another tissue at her reddened nose.

Her mother frowned, testing her forehead. “I think you have a bit of a fever. You’re staying home tomorrow.”

Sujin made a noise of distress. “But—I have—a test—”

“Your teacher will understand.” Her mother gave her a stern look. “You are staying home and resting.”

“Fine,” Sujin sighed. She blew her nose noisily and reached for another tissue. “But you and Dad don’t have to stay home. I’ll just be drinking water and sleeping.”

Her mother gave her a long look but sighed as well and conceded. “Alright, if you’re sure.”


Sujin woke up briefly when her parents checked on her before they left for work. They left water and medicine beside her bed. She mumbled her thanks and immediately slipped back to sleep.

She woke again a few hours later with a dry, cottony throat and both nostrils stuffed. She could tell she was running a fever with the way she kept shivering, but she forced herself out of bed to the bathroom, ignoring her lightheadedness.

She washed up, feeling a little bit better, and ate her medicine with lots of water. She didn’t bother with her tangled hair. Swaddled in blankets, she stumbled downstairs to make some hot soup, yawning hugely. Lethargically transferring the soup to a bowl, she sat down at the table and drank it slowly, honking her nose into a tissue constantly.

After washing the dishes, she returned to her room and collapsed into bed, groaning with effort to pick up her laptop. Suddenly, her cell phone vibrated. Curious, she picked it up and brightened at Yoongi’s picture.

“Hey, Yoongi!” she greeted as cheerfully as possible.

“Where are you?”

“Hi, Sujin, how are you?” she deadpanned. “I’m fine, thanks for asking.”

He sighed and she could hear him roll his eyes. “Sujin. You’re not at school, so I know something’s up.”

“I’m sick,” she admitted, sniffing and blowing her nose again. “I have a fever so my parents made me stay home.”

“What, were you actually gonna come?” He sounded incredulous.

“I mean...I have a test—”

He groaned. She felt her phone vibrate with the strength of it. “Are you home alone?”

“Mm-hm. Why?”

“I’m coming over.”

“What? No, you—”

“I’ll go over after school ends,” he interrupted. “Okay?”

Sujin smiled, happy that he was taking school more seriously, if only for her sake. “Okay. Thank you.”

“See you soon. Don’t die.” He was smiling, she could hear it.

“I won’t—ugh, he hung up on me again!” she complained, tossing her phone somewhere onto her bed. “Why does he always do that?”

Pouting, she settled back into bed and drifted in and out of sleep as one of her favorite shows played on her laptop.

Some time later, the doorbell rang. Sujin stirred, yawning, and checked the time: 3:30.

Must be Yoongi, she thought blearily. Sure got here fast.

She clambered downstairs still wrapped in her blanket and unlocked the door just as the doorbell rang again.

“I’m here, I’m here, I’m not dead!” She threw open the door and mustered a weak glare, but she was too happy to see him. His wry face soon dissolved her stare into a smile and she shuffled aside to let him in. “Hi.”

His face softened and one corner of his lips twitched upwards. “Hey, invalid. Get back in bed.”

She frowned. “I’m not an invalid! And it’s your fault I’m out of bed, you know.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

He raised an eyebrow. “Did you just?”

She blinked. “No?” And ran for her room.

He chuckled behind her as he shut and locked the door, kicking off his shoes before following her upstairs.

Sujin entered her room and was shocked to realize there were gross tissues thrown all around. She froze in horror before tossing off her blankets and hurrying to throw them all away and make her room more presentable and less germ-ridden.

“What are you doing? Lay down and sleep!” Yoongi appeared in her doorway with furrowed eyebrows.

“Wait!” She threw up her hands and he froze just past the door frame. She looked at him pleadingly. “You’ll get sick in here. Let’s just go downstairs!”

“Sujin—”

“Please? I don’t want you to get sick!” She pouted at him in a rare display of aegyo and he nearly choked.

Clearing his throat, he turned and grunted, “Fine.”

She trailed happily after him with her box of tissues. “How was school?”

“Eh.” He shrugged, throwing his backpack carelessly on the ground. She winced. “Oh, Yumi gave me your make-up work. I’ll leave it on the table.”

She smiled. “Thank you, Yoongi. You’re the best!” She launched herself at him and he had just enough time to catch her before she knocked them both to the ground. Her box of tissues crashed to the ground.

“Oof! Sujin, what are you—”

She clung to him, pressing her face into his neck and closing her eyes. He smelled as he always did, fresh and clean and distinctly Yoongi, and it calmed her.

Yoongi grimaced at the heat of her skin against his and swept her up into his arms, carrying her to to couch. He tried to lay her down but she stubbornly held onto him, so he sighed with a helpless smile and sat down, cradling her in his lap. He adjusted her blankets around her, making sure she was fully covered before settling back into the cushions, enjoying her weight and vulnerability in his arms.

“Ah-choo!”

He jerked away from her, scowling at her darkly for sneezing into him.

“Sorry,” she sniffed, rubbing at his neck with the corner of her blanket.

He sighed, and tried to untangle himself to go wash it off, but she whimpered and pressed her nose into him.

“Stay,” she whispered against his throat. “Please.”

He sighed again, unable to refuse her. “Silly girl,” he murmured, gazing fondly down at her as her breathing eased into sleep. He pressed a kiss to her feverish forehead before closing his eyes, resolving to rest for a bit before waking her to eat some food and medicine.

When Sujin next woke, the sky was dark and she was alone on the couch. Struggling upright, she rubbed her eyes and called out, “Yoongi?”

“Awake?” He appeared in the hall and smirked at her. “How’re you feeling?”

She blushed lightly. “Much better. Thank you.”

“C’mon, you should eat something before you take your meds again.” He beckoned her over, casually sliding an arm around her waist as he led her to the kitchen.

She blushed harder, remembering how she’d acted earlier. Being sick—and especially with a fever—made her more childish than usual. She couldn’t believe she’d made that face at him. And she’d sneezed! Into him! She wanted to sink into the ground.

They sat down at the table and she studied the soup with interest. She didn’t remember having any leftover soup in the refrigerator, which meant—

She stared at him with wide eyes. “Did you make this for me?”

“Yeah, just followed a recipe. It’s not too bad.” His tone was nonchalant, but the creeping flush on his neck said otherwise.

She giggled and beamed at him. “Thank you so much, Yoongi. You came all this way just to take care of me—”

“I wanted to,” he interrupted gruffly. His eyes flickered to hers. “There’s not a lot I wouldn’t do for you, Sujin.”

Yoongi! she screamed internally, wanting to hide her flaming face. As it was, she was only able to gasp sharply as her cheeks heated to dangerous temperatures.

He coughed and looked away. “Hurry up and eat.”

She bit her lip and took a deep breath. “Me too,” she forced herself to squeak.

He glanced at her.

“There’s not a lot I wouldn’t do for you, either,” she elaborated and then quickly stuffed with soup.

She heard a sharp exhale and looked up to see Yoongi looking at her with a strange smile. It made her heartbeat fly. He shook his head and blinked it away, though a smirk remained.

“How is it?” He nodded at the soup.

“Delicious!” And it was, especially because he’d made it just for her. “Maybe you don’t need me to cook for you on weekends anymore.”

“What? No!” He looked alarmed at the thought, making her laugh. “Don’t you dare abandon me.”

I would never, she thought as she spooned some more soup into .

Yoongi broke down in laughter when she sneezed mid-swallow and shot soup out of her nostrils. She glared at him uselessly, wishing the roof would open up and lightning would strike her down.

By the time Yoongi had finished cleaning up—he hadn’t let her touch a thing—and Sujin had finished swallowing her pills, the moon was bright in the night sky. Yoongi unpacked her make-up work and pulled on his backpack, walking to the door.

“It’s so late,” Sujin fretted, holding a tissue to her nose. “Maybe you should just sleep over. My parents won’t mind.”

“I think your dad would mind a lot,” he countered dryly, snickering as she sneezed. “It’s fine, Sujin. Don’t worry about me.”

“I always worry about you,” she muttered into her tissue.

He grinned and pulled her into a hug. She squealed at the surprise attack. “You’re the one always getting into trouble. Go back to sleep, invalid. Your parents will be home soon.”

“I’m not an invalid,” she mumbled halfheartedly, leaning into him.

He turned his face into her hair, resting his lips by her ear. “You could also do with a shower.”

“Yoongi!” She smacked him, trying to push him away, but he just laughed and hugged her tight for another second before stepping back.

He opened the door and stepped out. “See you tomorrow?”

She nodded. “Good night. Be careful on your way home.”

Yoongi smirked and walked off, turning back just once to shoo her inside.

Sujin locked the door behind him and returned to bed, where she lay unmoving as she thought about how relaxed and kind Yoongi had been today, in her home. She bit her lip and buried her face into her pillows, letting the sweet memories of the day lull her back to sleep.


notes: Thanks again for the request lovelyeoja! I hope you enjoyed this; I know I had fun writing it!

Also if Yoongi seems like really playful in this one, it's cuz they're alone + it's near the end of high school meaning most of the drama has already passed haha.

So this chapter's song is a sover by Suju-M (I think the original is by Sandy Lam???). I love Suju-M's version though! ALSO!!! OMG have y'all seen Ten's "Dream in a Dream"???? Because it is GORGEOUS and everything and beautiful and I love it??? It's a great mix of western and oriental sounds, check it out! ALSO HIS DANCING! SLAYYYYY

I have to hurry and finish an assignment due in an hour, not that I  have much to say anyway. Requests are still open and will be as long as the title claims it, so do feel free to request as much as you want, though be warned they won't all be done this quickly! Also please make sure to follow the request format shown in the foreword! It makes everything a lot more organized for me! :D

See you soon!

skyblaze208 OUT!


© Copyright 2017 by skyblaze208