you own a piece of me and i gave it willingly

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for juststory & diofiislami []


It was that time of the month.

“The Week of Hell” was what Yoongi liked to call it, though Sujin didn’t know why—he wasn’t the one dealing with torturous cramps or ugly bloating or swollen feet or blood literally leaking out of his body. No, all of the pain rested on Sujin’s slight shoulders, so she really didn’t know why he complained so much.

Still, Sujin was gracious enough to recognize how tolerant and kind Yoongi was during “the Week.” He complained, but he always took care of her. He still bought her pads and tampons whenever she ran out and couldn’t buy herself more, despite declaring he would never do it again after the first time. She knew she became uncharacteristically blunt and demanding and—of course—emotional on her period, but Yoongi always tried to make her feel better in that gruff, clueless way of his.

“I want ice cream,” Sujin announced, looking expectantly at Yoongi. She was sprawled across his couch watching TV while Yoongi sat stiffly on the ground, ready to fetch her whatever she needed.

He turned a disapproving look on her and she pouted. “You know it’s not healthy for you to eat cold stuff during your—that.” He cleared his throat and blushed lightly, still awkward when talking about her womanly issues.

“But it hurts,” she whimpered. “Ice cream makes me feel better.”

Yoongi sighed. “I’ll get you some warm honey milk. You’ll get sick if you eat cold ice cream.”

Her lip wobbled. She wanted her cold, sugary ice cream. “B-but...”

“Sujin.” He pinned her with a reproachful look.

Sniffling, she turned her face into the couch and muttered, “Fine. You’re mean.”

Amused, Yoongi kissed her forehead and went off to the kitchen.

Groaning, Sujin curled in on herself and tried to focus on the TV again, but her cramps distracted her. Most of the time, they were a dull ache in her stomach and sides that she could almost ignore if she thought about something else, but every now and then a sharp spike of pain would strike her like lightning and make her cry out.

“Ow, ow, ow,” she sobbed into her shirt, squeezing her arms around her middle as if she could hold the pain and compress it into nothing. Tears pricked out of her closed eyes. “Yoongi...”

She heard Yoongi’s footsteps getting closer. “I’m back—Sujin, what’s wrong?”

She took several deep breaths. “It just...really hurts...”

He came closer and smoothed one hand over her hand, calming her. “Hey, it’s okay. Here, drink some milk, it might make you feel better.”

With Herculean effort, Sujin unrolled herself slowly and allowed Yoongi to carefully pull her up so she rested against him. She took the mug with gently shaking hands and took tiny sips of the warm drink. She felt the liquid travel down to her stomach, where it pooled in warmth and took the edge off the pain.

She tried for a tiny smile, and found success. “Mm, thanks, Yoongi. I feel a little better.”

She offered him the mug and he took it and set it down, before leaning back against the couch and pulling her into his lap to cocoon her with his body. She closed her eyes and relaxed into him exhaustedly.

“Thank you, Yoongi,” she mumbled into his neck sleepily, yawning. “Sorry.”

“You apologize too much,” he murmured, turning his lips into her temple and holding her tighter. “You know I’ll do anything for you.”

A dreamy smile eased across her lips. “I love you...too too much...”

He smiled into her hair. “Nah. Just enough.”


notes: Finally, you say, a request! Indeed, I got back on track.

This is for juststory and diofiislami; I combined your requests because they were so similar, hope you don't mind! I'm sorry it's short, but I didn't wanna drag out the period pains, haha. Poor Sujin—and poor all of you who have terrible periods! I've never have period cramps in my life (trust me, I do not take it for granted) but I have had cramps before, in my gut and other places, and they . I'm sorry to those of you who have bad periods; I hope you find your Yoongi soon, if you haven't already found him/her! ;)

It was fun writing high-maintenance Sujin (though tbh I toned her down from the first draft; even Sujin with period cramps wouldn't act THAT spoiled and bratty O.O) and awkward Yoongi. I imagine this to be set quite a few years into their romantic relationship, so after college, but still several years before they get engaged (they're in no rush). But it doesn't really matter where this falls, because this is how it goes almost every time.

Wow, okay, I've been so good about time management lately that I kinda don't know who I am anymore lmao. I really like it! I still don't feel like I have time to do everything I want/need, but I've been able to fit in more than in previous semesters (probably because I'm getting over my Slump of Procrastination; honestly, before junior year of high school I belonged to a different people, the Non-Procrastinators, and there were but so few of us—and then I joined the dark side...and fell into kind of an academic slump :/ YEAH OK IDK WHY I'M TELLING YOU THIS I'M SURE IT'S NOT REALLY INTERESTING TO HEAR ABOUT MY SHAMEFUL PAST HAHAHAAHAhhahhahhaa....) In fact, I've been SO good about managing my time that I'm actually considering reopening requests...buuuut I have to think about that some more; I don't wanna open them and then fall behind on either the requests or my school work. We'll seeeeeeee! If I can continue to balance everything in my life currently this well, it just may happen. :)

ANYWAY. Ummmm, enjoy! :D One more request coming up (not for TwoSu for once! I'm excited, though I do love TwoSu endlessly, I assure you) and then a couple of promised TwoSu scenes, and then whatever strikes my fancy (and hopefully yours too)!

LOL I've been writing pretty much exclusively for this collection lately and neglecting all of my other stories (including those not on AFF). RAWR. I'm terrible. :'D

Also title inspired by "Make It Easy" by Lloyd Cele, which I just discovered today and I LOVE. I mean, it's a pretty generic song tbh and the lyrics are nothing extraordinary but. I just. I really like it? It's just a feel good love song. <3 Sometimes, a feel good love song is just what you need to hear and it's what I needed today.

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2016 by skyblaze208