and in time i know that we'll both see that we're all we need

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

[]


Yoongi regrets. He regrets a lot. Maybe he should’ve just listened to his friends.

“Scream it at her when she wakes up!” Taehyung had exclaimed brightly, as if it was a good idea. Of course, Yoongi had disregarded him almost before he’d even spoken.

“Hey, you should use one of those skywriter things!” Hoseok had gasped, clapping his hands like a seal. Yoongi had simply looked at him with pity.

“Why are you asking me? Just give it to her, she’ll understand what you’re asking,” Jimin had suggested casually, raising his eyebrows in confusion when Yoongi had glared at him.

“Get down on one knee, look her straight in the eyes, and then, very seriously, tell her you love her and then ask her.” Namjoon had nodded sagely while Yoongi had cringed.

“Cook her a five-course meal and then just put it on her finger,” Seokjin had intoned indifferently with a shrug. Yoongi had shaken his head hopelessly.

“Hyuuuung, you know she won’t care how you ask, she’ll say yes anyway. Just do it!” Jungkook had rolled his eyes. Yoongi had sighed and told him he was completely useless.

On second thought, no. He’d definitely made a very correct judgment in tossing out all of their ideas.

Yumi wasn’t any help either. “Bruh, don’t ask me! You have to think of it, otherwise it won’t matter. It’s the thought that counts!” Then she’d rolled her eyes and hung up.

Thanks, “bruh,” but I still don’t have any ideas, Yoongi had thought dryly, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

In all honestly, he knows Sujin doesn’t care. After all, they wouldn’t have made it together for so long if she cared about such things. Anniversaries and holidays aren’t big deals to her, and she’s never liked fancy dates. He knows she would be happy if he just tossed the ring at her and demanded she spend the rest of her life with him, god knows why, but she deserves more than that. She deserves...everything he can give her, everything that is good and pure and beautiful, just like her.

Which is why he decided on camping.

It’s a favorite pastime of theirs, going camping in the woods a few days at a time. It’s a mini-vacation just for the two of them, and there’s nothing Yoongi loves more than having Sujin all to himself. He’d figured out in the wilderness, just the two of them, nothing could possibly ruin his plans.

But he was so very wrong.

Yoongi groans as he watches Sujin wring out her hair, wincing when another bolt of lightning flashes through the thin walls of their tent. It had been a horrible day. Everything that could go wrong, did.

Of course, Sujin had laughed everything off and just smiled at him in that breathtaking way of hers that made him simultaneously feel like flying while also making him feel like utter for the disastrous day. Admittedly, he still had fun being with her, but he would’ve had more fun if they hadn’t lost most of their food, ripped a hole in their tent, gotten chased by killer squirrels, and gotten caught in a freak rainstorm. And it was barely past noon.

He groans again and flops back onto the sleeping bag, throwing one arm over his face.

There’s rustling, and then: “Yoongi?”

“Hm?”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” He exhaled sharply. “Just disappointed about the weather.”

She hums. “I hope it clears up by nighttime, so we can go out and look at the stars like we always do.”

Yoongi peeks at her from under his arm to find her in the middle of pulling up her shirt. She squawks (cutely, he thinks, though he knows she would disagree) and he smirks before dutifully turning away to give her some privacy.

“Y-Y-Yoongi!”she hisses, embarrassment coloring her voice.

He chuckles into his arm. “What? You didn’t tell me you were gonna strip.”

“I’m not—! I’m just changing because my clothes are soaked!” she explains indignantly.

He just laughs, hiding the fact that the sounds of zippers sliding open and clothes rustling against skin are making his blood pound in his ears. His whole body twitches when he feels her slide onto the sleeping bag behind him, hugging him around his stomach and kissing his shoulder blade.

“I stole your shirt,” she murmurs into his back, making him shiver.

He immediately flips over to look at her, enjoying her blushing face. It’s a novelty every time, seeing her in his clothes, and he can’t explain the tightening in his gut as his eyes trace the rumpled hem haphazardly crawling across her thighs and linger on the exposed skin of her neck and shoulder because of the too-wide neckline. She looks far too enticing to be real. Just to make sure she’s not a dream, he pulls her closer, one hand tugging her leg from the back of her knee and the other sliding under her neck, and trails light kisses across her bare shoulder. It’s her turn to shudder.

“Looks better on you.” His voice is deep, husky, and obvious.

“Yoongi...” The way she says his name is everything. It’s a breath, it’s a vow. He holds her tighter.

“Sorry about today,” he whispers against her collarbone. He closes his eyes and presses his forehead against her as he feels her tremble under him.

“Why? I had fun.” She pulls back a little to meet his eyes, trailing her fingers across his cheek and down his neck before resting on his thudding heart. The storm outside has nothing on the thundering of his pulse. “I always have fun with you, Yoongi.”

He smiles, pushing his forehead against hers, their noses brushing. “I know. But still. I just...” He thinks about the little velvet box stuffed in the pocket of his pants and sighs. He’s so busy lamenting all the ruined chances of a proposal that he almost doesn’t notice the troubled expression on Sujin’s face.

“What is it?” he asks, concerned. “Something wrong?”

She shakes her head, but doesn’t look convinced herself. “Not—wrong, exactly, just...” She blows out a breath and then meets his eyes with sudden determination. “Actually, no. Nothing’s wrong at all. Just me thinking too much.”

“You always do,” he snickers and she makes a face.

“But I’m not overthinking anymore. So...” A nervous expression takes over her face and her hands fidget with the folds of his shirt. Yoongi suddenly feels like Murphy’s Law has not finished ing him over yet.

“I...I wanted to...” She hesitates, then takes a deep breath and restarts. “There’s something I have to ask you. And I’ve been meaning to do it all day but we kept getting—interrupted, and I just...I guess I was waiting for the right time? But what exactly is the right time? What does that mean? Because I just—everytime I look at you, Yoongi, I just think, god, I love him so much, and that’s really all that matters, right? So what am I waiting for?”

Yoongi’s eyes grow rounder. Wait. Is this—is she—oh no. No, no, no, no, no—

She keeps talking, rambling, clearly letting her nerves get the best of her; her eyes dart everywhere and the red of her face deepens with every word. Yoongi feels something ominous rising in his chest with every second that ticks past, yet he can’t seem to summon his voice.

“—so I, well, I thought, I’m just gonna go for it! So—so I—I—” She gulps and reaches one arm behind her. “I—”

He watches her arm raise up in slow motion, something clutched in her hand, and he knows deep in his soul that it’s true. She’s ruined all his plans completely.

“—please marry me!” she blurts out, shoving a black velvet box into his chest with a death grip, her eyes squeezed shut as if she’s afraid of his reply. Which is, frankly, ridiculous, though today she’s right to be afraid.

Because he just stares down at the innocuous little box, her words ringing in his ears, as he thinks, No...how...but I...my plans...she...

A minute passes and Sujin blinks her eyes open. “Yoongi?”

He’s still staring at her hand. “Why...I had it all planned...but then you...” Slowly he looks up at her with the most shell-shocked look she’s ever seen on his face. “Why.”

She furrows her eyebrows. “What? What’s wrong?” Then she gasps. “Are you...are you asking me why I want you to marry me? Well, I—I—I would’ve thought—it was obvious but—I mean—”

He watches her stammer her way through an explanation of her reasoning (mostly just her repeating “I love you” in different variations, which he always loves to hear) for another minute before finally shaking his head and smiling helplessly. A laugh bubbles up in his chest and he can’t hold it back, and before he knows it he’s laughing hysterically at the turn of events.

She’s bewildered. Carefully extending a finger to poke at him, she asks, “Um, Yoongi? Are you...okay?”

“I—I just—I can’t—” He gasps in mirth and rolls over her to plant kisses all over her face. “I love you so much. Even if you did ruin my proposal.”

She squeaks and hugs him tight so he can’t see her face. “Wha—what do you mean, I ruined it? You didn’t even ask!”

“I tried to, all day, but things get happening!”

“Well, me too! It’s not my fault I beat you to it!”

“Yes, it is!” he insists laughingly.

“No it—will you marry me or not!?” she demands, shoving him up by the shoulders.

“You need to ask?” He shakes his head and leans down to kiss her. “‘Course I will.”

She smiles into the kiss, then pulls away and excitedly shows him the box again. “Here, open it! I—I wasn’t sure...I hope you like it.” She bites her lip as she watches him sit up and crack it open.

Inside sits a thin band of white gold. It’s plain and simple, just the way he likes. Yoongi pulls it out carefully and turns it over, noticing words engraved on the inside of the band. It reads: “LOVING YOU IS LIKE BREATHING.”

His heart stops for a beat.

Still worrying her lip between her teeth, Sujin takes the band and slides it onto his ring finger before holding onto his hand and staring. “It fits.”

Yoongi can’t look away from it. He can still see the words in his mind’s eye.

“Do you...do you like it?” she asks shyly, studying his face. His eyes are fixed on the ring and his lips are slightly parted. She thinks that’s a good sign.

“Yes.” It’s a whisper, and warmth bursts in her chest. “Wait, I have yours too.”

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a similar box, offering it to her.

She opens it and can’t help but laugh.

He grins. “Guess we had the same idea.”

Her ring is also a thin band of white gold, with a sprinkle of tiny sapphires dotting one half of it. There are words etched on the inside as well: “YOUR HEART IS MY HOME.”

Tears gather in her eyes as she shakily reaches for it. His hands get there first, pulling it out and swiftly settling it onto her finger. It’s snug, and sits on her knuckle like it’s always been there.

They each admire their rings for several seconds before their eyes meet. There’s an unshakable tension and then they crash together in a wave of emotion, unable to contain themselves.

His lips work tirelessly against hers while one hand knots into her hair and the other slides under her—his—shirt and grips her waist. Her legs part and his entire body sinks into hers, every inch touching and on fire. They come apart only to gasp for air and then melt back together like two rivers meeting at the ocean.

She is just a woman, and he is just a man, and they are just two people who fit the world better when they're together.


notes: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) here have a y gif

So this...might have gotten away from me. Lol. IDK how the length compares to the other ones, but this one feels long, so I'ma assume it is, xP I just started writing and couldn't stop! The fluff took control.

Some parts of it were difficult to write but overall, I do quite like it. Dialogue is so hard ugh. I tried to get everything right cuz TwoSu is just...everything I want in a relationship, ok, like please world just give it to me please. GI-GIVE IT TO MEH TT_TT I had a tough time with the last line, didn't know exactly how I wanted to close it off, but I think I'm satisfied enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I hope you all like this! I think you will, because kisses. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I had such a hard time deciding the song for this chapter, only because there are sooooo many "marry you/me" songs that come to mind, lol this is not usually the case. In the end I suddenly remembered this old song I used to love. It's perfect for this one, I think.

SPEAKING OF SONGS (not really actually this is in no way related lmao) I watched Yoongi's WINGS short film. O.O I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. BUT THEY ALL LOOK SO GOOD AND EVERYTHING IS SO OMINOUS AND CONNECTED AND DARK AND LIKE. I JUST DON'T GET IT. BUT THEY LOOK GOOD. I also watch their Puma Bog Sock (???) vids cuz yes. THEY BE LOOKIN FLY. And like so many ARMYs I'm starting to feel like everything they release is connected lmao EVEN THEIR DUMB PUMA ADS IN WHICH THEY LOOK DUMB AND EVERYTHING IS DUMB AND UGH. DUMBBBBB but Hobi looks so attractive when he dances dear god dancing Hobi is my face fave. 100/10

OK. I'M DONE. BTS DA . WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE. ENJOY THIS! (SORRY I TALK A LOT I HOPE YOU'RE AT LEAST ENTERTAINED)

See you sooooooon!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2016 by skyblaze208