i'll spend forever wondering if you knew i was enchanted to meet you

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for MICKEY2 []


It is finally time.

After many years of traveling around the world and being engaged long-distance due to work, then getting married and settled into more stable jobs, Risa is finally sure: they are ready to expand their family.

Risa squeezes Hoseok’s hand, feeling the cool metal on his wedding band, as they step inside the shelter and are immediately greeted by canine noises. There’s one young woman who is sweeping out some cages and feeding the dogs.

Hoseok leans down and mutters in her ear, “They’re so...sad.”

Risa hums in agreement. So many sad dogs live there. Like the three-legged beagle curled up quietly in the corner of his cage, tail still on the ground, or the energetic poodle barking angrily as she hops back and forth across the length of her cage.

“Risa,” Hoseok whispers seriously. “I...I want to love them all.”

She chortles and rolls her eyes. “One at a time, Hobi.”

“But—but look at them!” He gestures wildly around the cages. “They need me!”

Sighing, she murmurs, “I know,” and pushes him in the direction of the worker.

“Hello, welcome, I’m Mihye,” she greets kindly.

“I’m Risa, and this is Hoseok.”

“Nice to meet you! Are you here to adopt?”

“Yes,” Risa affirms, Hoseok nodding along with her. “But we don’t know exactly what we’re looking for.”

“Alright, well, let me give you a tour and introduce some of our dogs to you.”

Mihye walks them down the aisles, naming each dog and bending down to smile and pet them. All of the dogs recognize her and become a little happier in her presence. Risa’s heart melts as she thinks of how much care Mihye must have given to each dog for them to trust her so much.

Hoseok points and coos at each dog they pass, ignoring how some of them bare their teeth at him. “He’s so cute. She’s so cute! Risa, let’s take them all home.”

“Hoseok,” Risa groans. “You’re not helping!”

“But they’re all so cute,” he pouts, staring longingly at a beautiful black labrador with a scar on her flank.

Mihye giggles. “Take your time! I’m going to take a few of them out of their cages for baths. You can help if you’d like?”

Hoseok nods eagerly. “Yes, please!”

Risa just smiles and follows after them.

The first dog to get a bath is an excited little chihuahua named Kimchi, one large ear marred by what seems to be a large and painful-looking bite mark. He barks sharply as Mihye sets him into the tub, scrambling to get out.

“Whoa!” Hoseok jumps back as he gets splashed, laughing, before carefully inching closer and holding his fingers out to Kimchi’s nose. The dog looks at Hoseok suspiciously before finally sniffing his fingers and giving a little “arf.”

“Can I pet him?” Hoseok asks, hearts in his eyes.

Mihye laughs. “Sure, but slowly.”

Hoseok steps forward and carefully rubs his palm over Kimchi’s head, scratching his fingers in between the dog’s ears, and Kimchi relaxes visibly. Risa watches on in awe and affection.

“Are you...a dog whisperer?” Mihye asks incredulously, making Hoseok and Risa burst out into laughter. “Don’t laugh, I’m serious! I’ve never seen Kimchi warm up to anyone so fast!”

Kimchi, oblivious, keeps pushing his head into Hoseok’s hand, wanting to be rubbed more. Hoseok obliges, his eyes soft and smile indulgent as he gazes at the little dog. Risa’s heart melts at the sight.

They help wash a few more dogs, getting rather wet and soapy in the process, before Mihye brings out the cutest little Corgi ever.

“Her name is Mimi,” Mihye says, carefully setting the dog into the water.

Hoseok is taken immediately. Mimi is quieter than all the other dogs they washed before her, content to simply stand in the water and be cleaned. Her dark eyes are large and weary, and her little tail just dangles.

“Hoseok, she’s adorable,” Risa murmurs as she cautiously holds her fingers in fornt of Mimi. Mimi sniffs and blinks at her, then her fingers.

Mihye smiles. “She’s one of the dogs who have been here the longest. She’s a good dog, but she doesn’t seem to like anyone in particular...”

She trails off with wide eyes, because Mimi was sniffing Hoseok’s fingers and nuzzling her wet nose in them. She made a vague noise, blinking at Hoseok, and he sank onto his knees reverently, slowly running his fingers over her head and down her back. Mimi’s tail swayed and she leaned into his touch.

“He really is a dog whisperer,” Mihye declares faintly.

“Risa.” Hoseok looks up at her pleadingly, but there’s no need. She knows.

“I think we’ll be taking Mimi home with us today,” Risa laughs, looking at Mihye, who just nods, still stunned.

Risa watches as Hoseok leans in and beams when Mimi his cheek. He looks up at her and motions her closer, offering her hand to Mimi. Risa’s not expecting much but Mimi surprised her by nosing at her fingers, asking for a rub.

“She likes you,” he says softly.

“She likes you,” Risa counters, still Mimi’s head. “It’s okay, I like you too.”

Grinning, Hoseok hops up and kisses her happily. “Can’t help if she’s a daddy’s girl.”


notes: Hello again! Here is the last request, for the wonderful MICKEY2! Thank you for requesting again and I hope you like this one!

Not TwoSu this time, but some cute puppy shenanigans with married!HoRi yaaaaaaaaay! IDK why I jumped to middle-aged married life for them lmao. I have backstory for them, not to worry, so if you wanna know how they got to this point, never fear! It will all be revealed gradually. ;) I also imagine that after adopting Mimi, Hoseok decides to volunteer at the shelter and bond with all the dogs and eventually he and Risa adopt them all, one by one, looooooool.

It was fun looking for a chapter image this time, muahaha, but couldn't think of a song. :/ Ya win some, ya lose some. OMG LOL I WAS LOOKING UP SONGS ABOUT PUPPY LOVE AND THEN I SAW THAT V'S WINGS TEASER CAME OUT AND: PUPPYYYYY! SO CUUUUTE.

Hmmmm not much else to say this time. I'm feeling a little light-headed tbh despite having eaten only a couple hours ago so I think I'm just tired...plus my nose is stuffy but I AM NOT. SICK. NO. I REFUSE.

Anyway, it's not even 10pm yet but I think I'll go to sleep now and hopefully feel better when I wake up. I was productive enough today that I don't feel bad about sleeping this early haha.

See you soon!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2016 by skyblaze208