will you fill my heart gently

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for Mochamint_berry []


When Jaehee found out that Seokjin had never been to an amusement park before, she had gasped in abject horror and demanded they go as soon as school ended. So here they were, entering Lotte World with Hyunsuk and Minhee tugging eagerly at their hands.

Seokjin didn’t expect much. The idea of strapping himself into a cart moving at a hundred kilmeters an hour on a convoluted mess of metal beams just for a ten seconds of adrenaline didn’t appeal to him after years of knock-down, drag-out fights. But he humored Jaehee and he knew the kids would have fun.

Toting two children around meant that there weren’t many chances for him and Jaehee to try out any of the more thrill-seeking rides—Hyunsuk and Minhee were too short and too scared to even attempt one. Jaehee practically shoved him in line for Atlantis while she and the kids bought lunch, insisting that he ride and enjoy it, so he did, but riding it alone felt like a massive waste of time, as he knew it would.

When he stalked off the ride to find Jaehee eagerly awaiting him as the kids ate their burgers and fries, he stated firmly, “I won’t ride anything else alone.” She took one look at his face and deflated with a nod before motioning towards his lunch.

He slid in beside Minhee, who scooted even closer to him and stared up at him with big, imploring eyes. He resisted to urge to pinch her cheeks and smother her in his arms. “Oppa didn’t like the roller coaster?”

Seokjin smoothed his hand over her head, relaxing his expression. “No, it wasn’t any fun without you.”

She giggled happily and leaned against him as she messily stuffed with fries.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have forced you,” Jaehee apologized from across the table, smiling wryly, but Seokjin shook his head.

“I don’t mind.” He shrugged lightly. “It was just boring without you.”

She blushed prettily and ruffled Hyunsuk’s hair. “Hear that, Hyunsuk? Seokjin-hyung thinks we’re fun!”

Hyunsuk frowned, his mouth ringed in ketchup and crumbs, and declared with childish aplomb, “Duh! Hyung always has fun with me!”

“Me too, me too!” Minhee asserted, and the twins dissolved into a squabble over Seokjin.

Jaehee met his eyes and laughed, and Seokjin caught himself grinning, thinking, This is how it feels to be happy.


“So?” Jaehee nudged Seokjin’s arm with her shoulder as they waved at the twins enjoying themselves on the merry-go-round. The twins had been near tears after the ferris wheel—Jaehee’s idea, naturally—having looked down from their carriage and realized how far they were from the ground, and it had taken him and Jaehee twenty minutes of soothing and coaxing the kids into trying out the carousel. “Are you having fun?”

He watched as Minhee and Hyunsuk disappeared around the bend before turning to her and smiling slightly. She was staring at him with a deeply expectant look. “Yes, but not for the reasons you think.”

She frowned and cocked her head. “What do you mean?”

“It’s fun watching you and the twins,” he explained matter-of-factly, watching her expressive face wilt in disappointment. “You guys make such funny faces. The attractions themselves aren’t anything special.”

She scowled and crossed her arms with a huff. “Aw, really? But I wanted you to have fun on the rides! You can see us make funny faces any time!”

Seokjin’s lips twitched and he poked her pouting cheek gently. “But you make extra funny faces here.” Her face remained downcast and he wanted to kick himself for bringing down her mood. He quickly added, “I am enjoying myself. It was a good idea to come.”

Jaehee sighed dejectedly. “Yeah, but...I really thought you’d like it here. We never do anything you wanna do!”

“I want to spend time with you and Hyunsuk and Minhee,” he reassured her, but she still looked dissatisfied. Sighing, Seokjin gently grasped her chin and tilted her head up to face him. “Jaehee. I’ve spent years of my life feeling apathetic about everything. Even I don’t know what I like to do.” He smiled crookedly. “But what I do know is that spending time with you and the twins makes me happy, regardless of where we are or what we’re doing. For now, that’s good enough for me. Okay?”

It was probably the cheesiest speech he had ever given, and he wouldn’t have spoken it to anyone but her.

Her eyes searched his and Seokjin tried convey his sincerity through his gaze. It must have worked because finally she nodded and allowed a tiny smile. “Okay.”

Seokjin let go of her chin and knocked his forehead playfully against hers, relishing the sound of her surprised yelp. “When I find something I like to do, you’ll be the first to know.”

“Promise?”

He nodded. “I promise.” Then he brushed a kiss across her forehead and pulled away, inwardly smirking at her hilariously dumbfounded face just as Hyunsuk and Minhee slid back into view.


notes: oh gosh i am so sorry it took me so long to write this!!!! here you are, Mochamint_berry, please forgive my tardiness! i really had the worst case of writer's block; i kept wanting to write, but i wasn't inspired to write anything, let alone anything good. still, i hope you enjoy this little peek into jin and jaehee's future! and i hope this satisfies your request....................

i've started my final semester of college (can i get a yee-haw) and i don't think i'll be TOO busy, but i am very stressed about jobs and The Future(TM) so updates will probably continue to be slow. but i'm determined to juice out as much creativity and productivity from my brain as possible! feel free to leave me a comment telling me to get my in gear cuz that actually really helps! :D

see ya on the flip side—

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2017 by skyblaze208