if we're together, it's like a harmony surrounds us

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

[]


Sujin chewed on her lip nervously. Her eyes darted back and forth out the window, intensely studying the passing scenery.

Yoongi glanced at her and snickered. “Sujin, calm down. You’re making me nervous just looking at you.”

She pouted, turning to stare at his profile as he drives them to the campsite. Her breath holds for a second as her eyes trace down the side of him, wondering at his  beauty (he would be so angry with her if he knew she considered him beautiful).

“What? Something on my face?”

“What? Oh, no.” She mentally shook herself and sighed, cursing her feelings for bubbling up at the most inopportune moments. “I’m just...worried. You know I’ve never been camping before. What if I mess everything up? What I get lost? What if I’m attacked by a bear!?”

Yoongi laughed loudly. “Oh c’mon, Sujin, you really think I’d take you somewhere with wild bears your first time camping?”

She frowned. “Does that mean you would if it wasn’t my first time? Yoongi!”

“Aw Sujin, don’t you trust me to protect you? That’s what I’m here for.”

“Of course I trust you, but I never want to see you fight a bear, oh my god.” She closed her eyes and shuddered at the gruesome mental images.

“What? Afraid I’d lose? Have some faith in me,” Yoongi smirked.

“No, I just can’t stand to see you get hurt.” Sujin crossed her arms and looking pointedly out her window.

Yoongi inhaled sharply. “I was kidding. Sujin. You know I’d never do that to you.”

She didn’t reply.

“Sujin...”

Carefully glancing back and forth between the road and his passenger, Yoongi reached over and tugged at her arm. She fought him halfheartedly before relinquishing control of her limb to him, allowing him to slide his palm to hers and squeeze her hand, gently rubbing circles with his thumb. She sighed and squeezed back, sandwiching his hand between both of hers.

Sometimes he did things like this, touched her in ways that felt more familiar than friendship, but neither of them ever questioned it. Sujin didn’t know Yoongi’s reason, but her own was fear—fear of loss, of distance, of rejection. She knew very well how she felt about him, knew that it definitely surpassed friendship, but she was still content to remain close friends. She wasn’t waiting for him because she didn’t expect anything from him; she just didn’t want to change yet. Eventually, someone would move; but for now, they were happy.

“I know you were kidding,” she said, smiling. “But still, the thought of you fighting a bear is scary.”

He exhaled in relief. “You take things too seriously.”

“I know,” she laughed.

The rest of the drive was peaceful and their hands remained locked. Finally, the car rolled to a stop and they got out of the car and pulled out all of their supplies.

“Since I haven’t been camping in a while, I did some research.” Yoongi blushed when Sujin tossed him an amused look, but ignored her. “Usually people go to a national park or something with designated campsites for their first time, but I used to come here and I think I remember where we used to camp.”

Sujin froze. “Yoongi, not that I don’t trust your memory but...I mean, I kind of don’t trust your memory?”

He gave her a very unimpressed look, to which she bit her lip and shrugged.

“I mean, it has been a long, long time,” she began carefully, but he just waved her off.

“We got this. C’mon, we can hack it. It’s only for a couple nights.” He grinned at her and wriggled his eyebrows. “Don’t you trust me?”

Sujin sighed helplessly, because they both knew her answer to that question would never change. “Yes, but—”

“It’ll be fine, Sujin. Let’s go, I think it was this way.” He hefted as much as he could onto his back and started off into the wild. After a beat, Sujin picked up her stuff and followed with a fond smile, placing all of her trust in him, as she knew she would always do.

(They would hike around the forested mountain for several exhausting hours as Yoongi’s memory continued to fail him, before finally angrily dumping all their supplies down in a nice, generally flat and dry plot of grass with an unfettered view of the sky. Yoongi would huff and puff in frustration as they set up their tent and Sujin would watch him for several minutes before bursting into loud, unstoppable laughter, because no matter how lost he led them, she would always enjoy being with him. Yoongi would pout in embarrassment and tell her to stop laughing before finally joining in. They would set about camping with a new spring in their steps and a new excitement for new, shared experiences. At some point, Sujin would trip over a rock, or a log, or her own two feet, and Yoongi would catch her, and they would lose themselves in each other’s eyes and arms for a long minute; then they would jump away at the sound of a bird’s call, unable to look at each other or stand more than two feet apart. When night fell and the sounds of animal life were replaced by the wind’s song and leaves rustling, and the stars dotted the sky, and the moon shined proudly, the two would roll out their sleeping bags side by side and cuddle together in the cool evening air as they pointed wonderingly at the sky, drawing their own constellations. And they would fall asleep just like that, each dreaming of secret hopes and small joys and endlessly bright, endlessly burning stars.)


notes: Miss me? ;)

Short, I know, but I didn't wanna detail their entire trip, nor did I wanna leave you wondering what exactly happened hahaha. Just something short and sweet to make up for being gone AFTER I TOOOOOOOOTALLY SPOILED YOU GUYS FOR A COUPLE WEEKS, I DID DIDN'T I!

I started some new stories for other fandoms (lol I know, what was I thinking right?) but when I tried to write a new chapter...it wsa like pulling teeth, it was so terrible. BUT I looked at this story and felt an urge to write so here you are!

This is obviously before they started dating but after they're pretty comfortable with each other, so I'd put this somewhere in their early college years.

Title actually from a BTS song this time! UGH OK SO apparently all traces of BTS's Japanese album "Wake Up" are gone from youtube OTL so! I found the song on tumblr instead. Sorry for inconvenienceeeeeeeeeee but now you don't have to spend hours fruitlessly searchin youtube! :D

See you soooooooooon!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2016 by skyblaze208