have fun like it's the last day, carpe diem

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for lovelyeoja []


It was Sujin’s idea. Yoongi told her to reconsider, told her it was a disaster waiting to happen, but she was stubborn about the strangest things. In the end, Yoongi could only watch in resignation as his girlfriend rushed around excitedly, planning a camping trip for fourteen people.

“It’ll be fun,” she said.

“Group bonding,” she said.

“We’re all adults,” she said. (Yoongi begged to differ.)

They had all made it to the campgrounds just fine, with only a couple detours to satisfy Jungkook, Seokjin, Shinah, and Haewon’s growling stomachs. They got their tents set up and supplies unpacked with minimal fuss, and Yoongi was starting to believe they could all survive this weekend in one piece.

But then.

An animal darted past them and rustled through the bushes, freaking Hoseok and Jimin out. They screamed shrilly and stumbled around in fear, knocking over the food and a few of the tents. Luckily, most of their food was packaged, but some got thrown into the fire, which they had built mostly for curiosity’s sake (and the sake of Taehyung and Jungkook’s prides). Their loud and messy flailing then scared Sun, Jaehee, and Yujin, and they proceeded to trip over the spilled food and crash into each other until they all landed on the ground. Sujin flinched and nearly fell over, but Yoongi automatically steadied her. She smiled at him in thanks and he squeezed her hand.

Watching Hoseok and Jimin apologize and being to clean up, Yoongi sighed hopelessly as he moved to help. At least none of the tent poles were broken, he noted listlessly, watching as Sujin fretted over the frightened and injured while the rest were too busy cracking up.

He shook his head and slowly rebuilt the tents, nodding at Shinah and Seokjin when they joined him.

“Call me a pessimist, but I’m surprised we made it this long before anything happened,” Shinah said casually as her nimble fingers made quick work on the tent poles.

Yoongi smirked. “I’m sure the boys have more in store for us.”

Seokjin just sighed.

They finished the tents relatively quickly, since it was the second time around and some of them had remained standing. Yoongi found Sujin worrying over Sun’s slightly sprained ankle. Namjoon was crouched beside them, examining the minor injury.

“Oh no, I’m so sorry!” Sujin cried, her hands hovering restlessly over Sun’s leg. “Do we have any ice?”

Sun caught Sujin’s fluttering hands and held them still, smiling as she spoke. “Why are you apologizing? It’s not your fault. I’m sure we have ice in the cooler. Namjoon, could you—”

He stood swiftly. “On it.”

Haewon joined Sujin and Sun on the ground with a grin. “You’re one of those people, I see.” She playfully nudged Sujin, shoulder to shoulder.

“What do you mean?” Sujin tilted her head.

“You know, the kind of person who worries too much and apologizes for everything.”

Sujin blushed. “I—yeah, I’m—working on it—”

Haewon and Sun laughed.

“It’s sweet,” Sun reassured her, “but you should worry about yourself too.”

“I didn’t get hurt,” Sujin mumbled as Namjoon strode back with a small bag of ice.

He handed it to Sun, who took it gratefully and pressed it on her ankle, hissing at the cold. He crouched down, absently tucking her hair behind her ear. “You should get off the ground. Where are the chairs?”

Haewon held out a hand to stop him. “I got you. Tae!”

He looked at her from where he was recovering from his laughter. “Huh?”

“Can you bring us some chairs?”

He pouted cutely. “You can't order me around.”

“Get to work, pleb,” she demanded, smirking.

Everyone laughed as he pulled an offended face and dragged Jungkook with him.

Yujin joked, “If only Jungkook listened to me so well!”

Sujin moved to where Yuji nand Jaehee had fallen. They had been looking over each other’s bruises.

“Are you two alright?” Sujin asked as she tried to catalog their injuries.

Yujin held up her hands, revealing some dirty scrapes on her palms. “Nothing to worry about. It’s mostly just dirt. I’m more worried about my pants.”

“Me too.” Jaehee gathered herself up, wincing slightly and pressing a hand to her side. “Might’ve caught Yujin’s elbow.”

“Oh god, I’m so sorry,” Yujin apologized, but Jaehee waved her off.

“It’s just a bruise, don’t worry.” She smiled and stood, offering her hands to Sujin and Yujin.

Risa came over after cleaning up the food and held out her hand as well.

Sujin took Jaehee’s and Yujin took Risa’s and they all began dusting each other off.

“Go teamwork,” Haewon chimed in teasingly from behind them. Shinah chuckled, watching all of them.

Hoseok and Jimin bounded over after being scolded by Risa for replacing the food messily and getting distracted the eating the snacks rather than cleaning them up.

“Oh crap, are you hurt?” Jimin gasped. He looked ashamed.

“I’m so sorry!” Hoseok cried, flinging his arms out and offering his chest. “Here, punch me!”

Risa narrowed her eyes with a smile and shoved him lightly, but he staggered backwards dramatically, as if it were a heavy blow. Jimin rolled his eyes, but he looked amused.

By now, Taehyung and Jungkook had set out all of the chairs; Namjoon and Haewon had helped Sun into one, where she was now resting with her ice on her ankle and Namjoon beside her.

Shinah approached her with a frown. “You okay? Sprains can be a big deal.”

Sun smiled and shook her head. “I’m fine. It’s not too bad. I’ve had worse! I’m pretty clumsy.”

Shinah raised her eyebrows. “You should strengthen your ankles.”

“Is that possible?” Sun asked eagerly.

Shinah nodded. “Yeah, sure. I know some good exercises. I can teach you when your leg’s better.”

“That would be great!” Sun cheered, pushing her glasses back up her nose when they slipped.

“It really would,” Namjoon piped up dryly. “It would save me a lot of worry.”

Sun pursed her lips. “It’s not like I sprain my ankle all the time. I usually just get bruised.”

Shinah coughed out a shocked laugh while Namjoon sighed, “Yeah, that’s so much better.”

“Like you can talk! Who broke the hairdryer and your backpack and my mirror and—”

Shinah snorted.

“Okay, okay, okay!” Namjoon hastily spoke over her, covering . “You’ll ruin my reputation.”

Sun slapped it away and gave him an unimpressed look. “What reputation?”

“Shinah! Sun! Namjoon!” Sujin called out, interrupting them, to Namjoon’s relief.

They looked up and found everyone else crowding around the food, having cleaned up and decided they were hungry enough to eat. Seokjin and Yoongi were calmly but firmly in control of rationing, not wanting to run out of food.

Sujin smiled and approached them with some granola bars and apples. “Are you guys hungry?”

“I’ll take an apple.” Shinah shrugged and plucked one from Sujin’s arms. “Thanks.”

Sun and Namjoon followed her example with the bars.

Sujin beamed.

Soon, everyone was sufficiently full, milling around aimlessly. Jaehee, Yujin, and Sun were sitting together, talking about school and life; Seokjin and Namjoon were seated nearby, mostly observing and enjoying the peace.

Sujin watched Jimin approach Shinah. He whispered something to her, grinning, and she rolled her eyes and hip-checked him. Laughing, he darted forward to kiss her cheek before flitting away to jump on Hoseok, Jungkook, and Taehyung, who were rough-housing in the dirt as Risa and Haewon looked on disapprovingly. Jungkook took a moment to tease Jimin, who turned a startling pink before launching himself into the fray.

Sujin nearly squealed as Shinah turned an equally alarming shade of red. She and Yoongi had worried about Shinah, Jungkook, and Jimin all being together, but it seemed the past was truly in the past.

She skipped to Shinah’s side and smiled shyly but slyly. “Are you alright? You look a little flushed.”

Shinah glared, but the effect was dimmed by her glowing cheeks. Before she could respond, Yoongi walked by, casually slipping an arm around Sujin’s waist and stealing a quick kiss, before continuing forward to join Seokjin and Namjoon in quiet contemplation.

Shinah snickered at Sujin’s flaming face. “Looks like I’m not the only one.”

“Yoongi!” Sujin squeaked, slapping her cheeks. He flashed her a smirk before closing his eyes and settling back into his chair. He did it on purpose!

There was a squeal. Yujin clapped her hands and gushed, “Oh, you guys are the cutest!” Sun and Haewon laughed and nodded in agreement.

Both Shinah and Sujin avoided meeting their eyes as they pulled up chairs beside them and failed to redirect the conversation.

Eventually, all fourteen of them were gathered together, sharing stories and laughing. They played games and teased each other and bonded. All in all, the trip was a success, which Sujin would hold over Yoongi’s head for many years to come.

(And if Taehyung accidentally spilled half of their drinking water all over everyone’s packed clothes—well, it was only water, after all! And if Namjoon accidentally broke one of the car handles and then accidentally keyed the car with it—well, it was his car, anyway, so there.)


notes: oh man oh man oh MAN i'm so sorry this took so long! my excuse is finals and projects but i'm officially done now, so i'll be writing requests as fast as possible! this is for lovelyeoja; thanks again for this challenging prompt! i hope you like it!

this was fun but SO DIFFICULT to write!! idk why i thought i could write interactions between FOURTEEN DISTINCT CHARACTERS and somehow make them natural and unstilted. sigh. hopefully this doesn't read too awkwardly? and i know i cut it off a little abruptly, but i was getting overwhelmed with dealing with so many characters!

also i hope it was easy to tell the couples! you guys already know sujin x yoongi, risa x hoseok, haewon x taehyung, and yujin x jungkook from this collection; if you're reading the great advantage of being alive then you know jaehee x seokjin. the other two are sun x namjoon and shinah x jimin (i tried to make the relationships pretty clear, though their personalities may not have come across quite so well TT_TT)!

IN OTHER NEWS: have any of you watched bbc's "the musketeers"? aka one of the greatest shows e v e r and i'm so salty it got canceled after 3 seasons because it deserved so many more and dhgskghs i'm just so in love with it. i love the plots, the backstories, the relationships, the character! development!! yes!!! talk to me about it anytime!!! i definitely recommend it to people who like british accents and kinda historical plots/costumes and HOT EUROPEAN MENNN and really cute (if adulterous eheh) romance and ~justice~ and cool action scenes!!

song is day6's newest release because THEY TALENTED!! and it's such a great feel-good song! people be sleepin on day6 doe

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2017 by skyblaze208