i will be there for your creation until the end of your life

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for MICKEY2 []


“You need to learn how to cook,” Jaehee declared one chilly autumn day as she shivered in her three layers of sweaters and a blanket shared with Seokjin on their sofa. To conserve energy and money, they’d decided to only use the heater at night and just endure the cold daylight, though Jaehee thought Seokjin was doing a spectacular job of remaining stoic to the cold, if he indeed felt it at all. It was hard to tell with him sometimes.

He looked up from his novel, raising one eyebrow behind the thin round frames of his glasses. “I do?”

“Yes.” Jaehee nodded emphatically. “You do. Men who can cook are y, y’know?”

His other eyebrow quickly joined the first and his lips curved into a tiny smirk. “I do now. First glasses, now cooking? You have some interesting standards.”

She pouted, blushing. “I-it’s not just me! A lot of women agree with me! There are studies! Probably!”

“I’m sure.” He snickered when she avoided his gaze. He bookmarked his page and slid his glasses off, setting both on the coffee table. Jaehee mourned the loss of his spectacles from his beautiful face. “Shall we?”

Jaehee blinked. Then she squeaked, “Now?

Seokjin nodded. “Why not? We’ve got nothing else to do.”

“But...I’m cold!”

“Cooking should warm us up.” He stood, shedding the blanket off his shoulders, and left for the kitchen, stopping only briefly to glance pointedly back at her.

Sighing, she reluctantly shivered her way out of the blanket. “I prefer cuddling,” she muttered to herself, rubbing her hands together. “I shouldn’t have said anything. Ughhh.”

She enters the kitchen to the sight of Seokjin pulling out all of their pots and pans, stacking them into modest piles on the kitchen counter. She scurries to his side and stills his movements.

“Stop, stop, stop! We don’t need all of these, okay? Just—here, this one is pretty much all-purpose.” She extracts a medium-sized nonstick pan from one of the piles, the one she uses most often, and wields it with a triumphant grin.

Seokjin frowns at her pan and then at the piles. “Then why do we have so many?”

Jaehee flounders for an explanation. He always asks the hard questions. “W-well...uh, it’s always good to have more than one! And...sometimes, this one isn’t the best choice? Anyway, most of them came in a set, so it’s not like I chose them all on purpose!”

His mouth twitches upwards at her scattered answer. “Right. Well, I’ll put these back and you can decide what to teach me first.”

The pots and pans clang and the cabinet doors clatter as Jaehee peruses the contents of their refrigerator. “Hey, can you make eggs?”

“Probably. I’m not an idiot.”

Jaehee makes a face at his back.

“I felt that,” he calls accusingly over his shoulder.

“What? I didn’t do anything,” she returns innocently, biting down her grin, as she continues browsing the shelves. “Now, let’s see what we have...”

She rummages through both halves of the refrigerator, taking stock of all their ingredients. At some point, Seokjin finishes packing away the extra pots and pans and slides his arms around her waist from behind, tucking his chin over her shoulder. She shivers at the disparity in temperature between the cold air at her front and his body heat at her back.

“Are you almost done? You’re letting all the cold air out of the refrigerator,” he comments blandly into her ear.

“Mm...yeah, okay, let’s make dukbokki and budaejjigae. They’re both pretty easy to make and we have all the supplies for them. Sound good?” Jaehee turns her face towards his cheek, eyebrows raised in a question.

“Sure,” he agrees and reaches around her with his long arms to pull out the necessary ingredients, tutting at her when she tries to wriggle away and help him.

“How am I supposed to reach anything from here?” she complains, pouting at his profile.

“Tell me what we need and I’ll get it,” he orders, not moving an inch.

Jaehee huffs with a smile and begins dictating ingredients, pointing impatiently whenever he takes too long to spot one. Slowly but surely, they amass a pile of meat and vegetables on the kitchen counter.

“Oh also, could you pull out the big pot, please?” she requests as Seokjin pulls out the final ingredients and shuts the door.

“I thought we only needed the all-purpose pan,” he snarks blandly, even as he’s already reaching into the cabinets.

“Do you think all of this will fit into the pan?” she fires back, giggling when he nudges her leg in retaliation. “Okay, so first up is washing everything! Get to it, apprentice.”

He shakes his head in amusement but dutifully rolls up his sleeves and turns on the faucet while Jaehee busies herself chopping up everything as he finishes washing. They work in tandem, Jaehee humming randomly and squealing when Seokjin hip-checks her.

“Stop!” she whines half-heartedly, bumping him back. “If I chop off a finger, you’re taking responsibility by being my dedicated slave for the rest of our natural lives!”

“So, nothing will change?” he deadpans smoothly, breaking into a rare grin when she bursts into laughter.

They switch off chopping and washing halfway through, and Jaehee tries to get her revenge, but he expects it and casually tilts his body away from her, snickering when she stumbles. Soothing her wounded pride with a quick kiss, they continue working as they chat, simply enjoying their time together.

It’s fun and pretty mindless, and unsurprisingly Seokjin is a very quick study. Jaehee’s pretty sure he’s already a better cook than she is.

After dinner, they split the dishes before cuddling back on the couch, Seokjin picking back up in the middle of his book while Jaehee drowsily watches television. She’s on the verge of sleep when she feels him tuck the blankets more tightly around her and drop a lingering kiss to her forehead.

“Thanks for the cooking lesson,” he murmurs, and she smiles, slipping happily into sleep.


notes: omg i am so SO sorry everyone, especially those of you who requested!!! it shouldn't have taken me this long, and i have no good excuses - just school killing me, as always, but finals are this week and then i'm on break and hopefully i'll be able to get back into writing!!!

i hope you all enjoy this, and you especially MICKEY2!!! i'm sorry if the latter half is a little lackluster; really had trouble figuring out details and how to end it haha.

i have 3 more requests to fulfill but i probably won't open requests after! i plan to be really busy this winter break - planning for the future and whatnot - but i DO plan to write! hopefully i'll be able to get some holiday-themed stuff up, but if not i'll still be writing!

thanks for all your love and support and PATIENCE and i'll try to get the next chapter up soon!

side note: mr. worldwide handsome + glasses = simultaneously heavenly and deadly

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2017 by skyblaze208