you're still the one i want for life

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for Number2elf []


Yoongi saved the document and exited the program, before heaving a relieved sigh and stretching out his arms and legs. Being a counselor for troubled kids was difficult but rewarding work, especially as someone who used to be quite troubled and was able to overcome his emotional hardships. He liked to think his clients found him somewhat relatable. Still, thinking about his young patients and their backgrounds and writing up reports on their progress was exhausting.

His stomach growled with hunger and he checked the clock to see it was almost time for dinner. Grinning, he got up and quietly padded out of the room to the kitchen, where Sujin was standing at the stove and finishing up dinner.

He leaned against the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest and just watched her for a few minutes, an unconscious smile touching his lips. Oblivious to his presence, she hummed and shimmied her way around as she cooked. Yoongi nearly gave away his position by chuckling at her cute antics.

He slowly tiptoed towards her until he was standing right behind her and shocked her by slipping his arms around her waist and hooking his chin over her shoulder. She yelped and stiffened for a second before melting into him.

She elbowed him lightly. “Yoongi, you scared me!”

He pecked her lightly on the cheek, enjoying the way it immediately pinkened. “Sorry. You just looked so damn cute while dancing, I didn’t wanna interrupt.”

“Y-y-you saw that?” she squeaked, nearly dropping her spatula in embarrassment. “Oh no...”

Yoongi laughed, hugging her tighter. “Why are you so embarrassed? It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.”

She slapped his arm and covered her face with her free hand while the other worked at the sizzling vegetables. “Stop teasing me!”

“Mrs. Min!” Yoongi gasped theatrically. “Did you just...hit me? Domestic abuse already?”

With a huff, Sujin quickly stirred the vegetables, deeming them satisfactorily cooked, before turning off the stove and whirling around in Yoongi’s arms to meet his gaze. He was pleased to see the blush still decorating her cheeks.

“I’m not Mrs. Min yet,” she muttered, smoothing her hands down the front of his shirt and playing with his loosened tie. “Three more weeks...”

Yoongi shrugged. “Close enough. It’s a done deal anyway, so who cares.”

Sujin pouted. “Maybe I’ll leave you at the altar. You never know.”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Or would I?”

Yoongi glared at his fiancee for two seconds before dissolving into a smirk. “Nah, you would never. You’d miss my kisses too much.”

Sujin squealed, turning as bright as a tomato, and buried her face into his chest while poking him wherever she could reach. “Min Yoongi!”

“What? You know it’s true.” Laughing, he pulled back to look at her, gently smoothing down her hair. He leaned in and kissed her lightly. “I know you love me.”

“Mm, I do,” she murmured against his lips. “At times like this, I wonder why.”

“I am very hurt, Mrs. Min!” Yoongi pulled away with one last lingering kiss to finish setting the table for dinner. “Alright, I’m in’ hungry, let’s eat.”

They sat down and chatted aimlessly while eating. Sujin asked about work and Yoongi told her what he could without breaching the confidentiality of his patients. Then Yoongi asked after her day, and Sujin excitedly explained the basics of the new technology she was working on with a group of fellow mechanical engineers from different companies all over the world. (Yoongi acted like he understood, but he really didn’t. Every time she talked about work, he wondered how someone so ing smart fell in love with someone like him. He tried not to question it too much; they were in love and that was really all that mattered.)

“Oh! Yumi called again today,” Sujin said suddenly and Yoongi groaned. The years had mellowed out Sujin’s best friend but she was still a force to be reckoned with, and she still made sure to remind Yoongi every time they spoke how lucky he was to have found Sujin (unnecessary really; it was what he told himself every day).

“What was it this time?” he asked unenthusiastically.

Sujin gave him a look. “Don’t be like that. You know she’s just taking her wedding planning duties very seriously!”

“I know, I know, thank you Yumi and all that.”

She rolled her eyes. “Anyway, she wanted to know if you’ve finalized your list of guests. She’s working on the seating arrangements.”

“Oh .”

Sujin sighed. “I knew you would forget. Which is why I went to the trouble of drafting a list for you.” She got up and fetched a slip of paper, handing it to him. “I think I got everyone? But it’s just a rough draft, I didn’t know for sure...”

He perused the list and nodded. “Looks good.”

“You sure? Is there anyone else you wanna add?”

He looked at her wryly. “Sujin. I literally have like twelve friends. You know all of them. Who else would I invite? Who else do I even know?”

Sujin didn’t bother to respond, just wrinkled her nose at him before retrieving the list. ”I’ll just send this to her then.”

They finished up dinner and washed the dishes together, which was always a time-consuming and rather wet process, given how much splashing happens. Afterwards, they reclined on the couch together, some random show playing on the television.

Yoongi wasn’t even watching. He had his eyes closed and the love of his life snuggled on top of him, every curve of her body slotting to fit every line of his. He pressed his lips into hair and whispered drowsily, “I’m so happy. You make me so happy.”

Sujin bit her lip but was unable to stop the happy tears in her eyes from falling. Her fingers curled possessively around the folds of his shirt. “Love you.”

Yoongi fell asleep with a smile on his face.


notes: I'm starting to see a pattern in the requests...y'all just wanna see domestic fluff, don't you?? Well, lucky for you, I happen to love writing domestic fluff! So THERE!

In honor of the drop of both Suga's MV "Agust D" and his long-awaited mixtape (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS), here is Number2elf's request! Yes it is engaged!TwoSu (that's my ship name for them officially, TwoSu :D). I'm thinking of maybe writing a special chapter too but we'll see if I have time. This one was supposed to come out earlier but I had the actual hardest time figuring out what Yoongi's career should be. I just could not for the life of me come up with something that was suitable for this world's adult!Yoongi. I settled on counseling kids in bad situations who turn to substance abuse or delinquency as outlets; I think it fits. Anyway whatever it's done lol. (Also DON'T WORRY a proposal fic is definitely in store. Probably soon. I HAVE IDEAS.)

In other news, I watched Jungkook's performances on "King of Masked Singer"!!! He was goooooood and it was so obvious it was him - his singing and especially his breathing are so distinctive lol - but it is true he didn't match up with the other singers in experience. But I'm so proud of him!! He made it to the second round and hopefully gained a little more recognition as a singer. :D

I've also started watching "W - Two Worlds" on Viki which needs to just release all the eps normally UGH I'M SO SALTY ABOUT VIKIPASS CUZ THERe's no way I'm buying that lol. xD (Yeah I'm cheap whatchu gon do bout it.) It's so interesting and OMG THE ART IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Is someone actually drawing everything or are they just using photoediting to create a sketch effect?? IF THERE IS AN ACTUAL ARTIST I NEED TO DO WHO IT IS IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE YES. THE STYLE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. There's this one scene in ep 1 I think where Lee Jongsuk is in his car and he gets drawn into reality and just. THAT SCENE. IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT OMG

ALSO! (lol now that I don't have class I'm binge-watching stuff haha) I started watching "The Collaboration"! As you might've guess, it's a collab show \ - between SK and Chinese singers! :DDD (I'm Chinese so it's nice that the show is mostly in Chinese lol cuz I don't need subs for most of it!) I actually didn't know any of the 4 Chinese singers before but the SK singers are: Jay Park, Zico, Mino, and Kang Seungyoon! SEUNGYOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! YUS SHOW YOUR STUFF BOI I hope they all become less awkward with each other loooooool

THIS IS A LONG AUTHOR'S NOTE IN WHICH I TALK ABOUT VERY IRRELEVANT THINGS I'M SO SORRY HAHA

Enjoy the chapter and see you in the next one!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2016 by skyblaze208