darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold

more first than sun, more last than star [CLOSED]

for belleamour & ladykirana []


She’s been seriously stressed lately. It’s her last year of college, but her classes are still intense and she hasn’t been sleeping much. She knows Yoongi’s been busy too, which is why they’d been forced to suspend their nightly Skype calls for the past month, barely even having time to text “hey how are you i love you” before bed every night, but they’ve managed. It’s them, after all.

Sujin likes to think of herself as very reasonable, practical; she’s never been a very jealous person, or at least she tries not to be. She accepts that she’s jealous of his college friends because they can see him all the time, but she trusts Yoongi with her entire soul, and she knows he trusts her just as much.

She doesn’t think she’s particularly clingy either. But when Yoongi doesn’t text her back one night, she explodes with worry.

It’s one in the morning, and she has class at eight, but there’s no way she’ll be able to fall asleep until Yoongi responds to her. Impatient, she forces herself to ditch her phone and study for another hour.

He’ll text by then, she thinks confidently.

But one turns into two turns into three, and Sujin can’t read the same sentence another fifty times, so she snatches up her phone and finally texts him again.

to: yoongi ❤️
hey are you okay? (3:12:34)

The minutes tick by slowly and there’s still no reply. Sujin gnaws on her lip, trembling. Logically, she knows he’s probably fine. He probably got to his room and crashed because he’s been so tired. He’s probably just asleep. There’s really no reason to worry, she tells herself. Really.

to: yoongi ❤️
you must be asleep already. sleep well, i love you (3:58:23)

She locks her phone decisively. Setting her phone aside, she closes her eyes and tries to sleep.

He’s fine, she scolds herself. You’re being paranoid.

She tosses and turns restlessly until six, when she finally, exhaustedly decides to just shower and study until class starts.


Yoongi groans as he wakes up, squinting against the sunlight. He rolls out of bed, still in yesterday’s clothes. He checks the time and swears. He’s missed his first class.

Well, whatever, he shrugs, standing and stretching, wincing when his bones crack. He desperately needs a shower, but there’s a niggling feeling in his mind—has he forgotten something?

Frowning, he rummages through his clothes for his phone, blinking tiredly at it. He reads the messages from Sujin, smiling, before clicking to his calendar.

Wait.

Hastily swiping back to his messages, he notes the time stamps on her texts and smacks his face when he realizes what he’d forgotten.

!

Almost involuntarily, his fingers trip over the keyboard.

to: sujin
hsithist sujin sorry i fofrgt to text oyu last ngiht (10:46:54)
i went out with some friends for drinks and passed out after (10:46:57)

He waits impatiently for her reply. He knows she’s awake and in class—she usually doesn’t text in class, but she always replies to him.

“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon,” he mutters, staring holes into his screen.

Finally:

from: sujin
that’s what i thought. no worries, as long as you’re ok (10:48:23)

He sighs in relief and tosses his phone on his bed before rushing off to take a hot shower.


Sujin stares at her phone with furrowed brows before sighing heavily and stuffing it away.

See? He’s fine. He said sorry. Everything’s fine, she tells herself, but there’s lingering unease in her chest that won’t go away. She’s not sure what it is, but she doesn’t like it.

She tries not to think about it, pasting on a smile and going about her day.

from: yoongi ❤️
hey skype tonight? (5:26:49)

to: yoongi ❤️
you’re not busy? (5:27:03)

from: yoongi ❤️
i am but it’s been too long (5:27:45)

to: yoongi ❤️
i guess i can give you an hour of my time (5:28:38)
8? (5:28:42)

from: yoongi ❤️
got it (5:28:50)

Sujin blows out an exhale and tries to concentrate on her textbook. The unease inside her as grown; she had almost sent Yoongi some really snarky messages. What’s wrong with her?

It’s not until she logs on to Skype that night and sees Yoongi’s familiar smirk that she finally understands: she’s angry. At Yoongi.

And she hates it.


He frowns, studying Sujin’s face. She’s acting strange; he can’t put his finger on it, but she feels a little closed off tonight. She hasn’t been meeting his eyes and she hasn’t been smiling as genuinely as usual.

“Okay,” he finally breaks the oddly awkward silence. “What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

Her eyes flick to his and away again, shaking her head. He purses his lips in frustration.

“I think I’m just”—she pauses—”tired. I mean, I didn’t get much sleep last night.”

He recalls the time stamps on her texts and frowns. “Oh yeah, why were you up so late last night?”

She blushes and looks down, hiding her face with her hair. “I just—couldn’t sleep.”

He raises an eyebrow, intending to question her further, but then she asks, “Did you have fun with your friends? I thought you were too busy to go out.” There’s something indecipherable in her tone.

He narrows his eyes. “Yeah...I finished that big psych project I told you about, remember? I was gonna catch up on sleep but my friend Yuna invited me out so I thought, why not celebrate?”

She stiffens almost imperceptibly, but he knows her too well to miss it.

“What? What is it?” He’s annoyed; why won’t she just talk to him?

“Just...” She shakes her head. “It would’ve been nice if you had texted me before you went out.”

He snorts. “Do I have to report my location to you wherever I go?”

Her eyes flash. “No, I just like knowing you’re alive and not worrying about it all night!”

Suddenly, it hits. He gapes at her. “You didn’t sleep ‘cause you were waiting for me to text you?”

“I—I was worried!” Her face is aflame.

“What’s there to worry about?” He rolls his eyes. “Sujin, I know how to fight, remember? Worry about yourself more so I don’t have to worry so much.”

She scoffs. “Wow, okay, sorry for being such a bother.”

He scowls. Why is she angry? He’s not the one being ridiculous. “Don’t be dramatic. What are you even angry about it?”

You!” she shouts.

Yoongi is taken aback. He’s never seen her like this before—at least not directed at him.

“Don’t trivialize my feelings!”

“But I didn’t—”

“Maybe I worry about the people I love! Sorry if that bothers you!”

He blinks. “That’s not—”

“I hate—I hate feeling like—I knew I was being paranoid, but I just—and you were out partying while I was waiting—”

Alarms go off in his brain. “I never asked—”

You don’t have to ask! Maybe it’s the highlight of my day when you text me ‘I love you’!” She sobs, and panic rises over him like the tide at the sight of her tears. His fingers itch to reach through the screen for her. “Maybe—maybe I just miss you! Did you think of that?”

“Sujin, don’t—”

For the first time ever, she hangs up on him.


Sujin drops her head into her hands, rubbing her eyes.

She is tired. So, so tired. She gets eight hours of sleep a night and she’s never been more exhausted. Being angry at Yoongi and not talking to him is the most taxing thing she’s ever done, and she hates it.

It’s been a week.

They’ve never fought before, not like this, and it scares her. She loves him truly, and she knows he loves her too, but she’s hurt this time—maybe irrationally—and if he’s anything, it’s stubborn, and she doesn’t want to be the first to break, but at this rate—

At this rate, they’ll break. And that would destroy her.

She’s had a lot of time to think through her feelings this past week. Hurt: because he hadn’t even thought to text her before going out with his friends. And with a girl! (Not that she begrudged him female friends, but if she was going to be hurt, she was doing it properly.) Angry: because he’d made light of her feelings. Sad: because he hasn’t even tried to talk to her since she cut their Skype call short. Guilty: because she’d yelled at him and burdened him with her confusing feelings. Worried: because she just is, always.

She thinks she deserves an apology, but she owes Yoongi one too. At this point, the only thing holding her back is her own fear: what if he’s still angry? What if he doesn’t want to talk to her? What if—

There’s a knock on her door.

Confused—she’s not expecting anyone—she leaves her desk and opens her door.

Yoongi’s pale face greets her.

She gasps and stumbles back, almost slamming the door on him, but he steps inside, pulling the door from her hand to lock it behind him.

“Um,” she squeaks. Her eyes are darting everywhere; she wants to stare at him, drink him in, because he’s here, she’s missed him, she loves him, but she feels awkward and ashamed and she can’t look at him.

“Sujin,” he says. Just her name, floating in the air between them, but the sound of his voice makes her tears spill over and suddenly she’s crying. Again.

She’s tired of crying.

“Jesus, Sujin,” he growls, and wraps his arms around her, holding as much of her as he can. One hand snakes up to the nape of her neck, tangling in her hair and he presses his face into her neck and breathes her in; the other arm locks around her waist, fingers smoothing up and down her back before stealing under the hem and spreading apart against the skin of her back.

She whimpers at his touch and clutches him, her hands just as greedy.

“I’m sorry, Yoongi, I’m sorry, I just, I love you, I missed you, I was being dumb and—”

“Shh, Sujin, it’s okay, shh, I’m sorry, no, it was my fault, god, I love you, don’t cry, please—”

“I was—I shouldn’t have yelled at you, you didn’t do anything wrong—”

“I did, I worried you, I’m sorry, I just—god, you have to know how much I love you—”

“I do! I do, I’ve never doubted you, I was being dumb!”

“Shh, stop talking,” he whispers against her neck, pulling back to crook a smile at her before covering her lips with his.

Her cheeks are wet with tear trails; his thumbs slide up to softly wipe them away. He starts to pull away, but her hands find his cheeks and hold him close, so they kiss and kiss, mouths blooming open as he walks her backwards to her bed and they tumble down onto it, allowing weeks of longing to fuel their passion.

Later, they lay tangled in her bed, Sujin tucked into Yoongi’s side, her head on his heart and hands linked around his chest, his lips in her hair and fingers tracing circles into the skin of her waist, their legs wrapped together.

“I still can’t believe you’re here,” she murmurs. Her hands sneak under the hem of his shirt to play along his ribs. “When do you need to go back?”

He shrugs, eyes closed and breathing deeply. “Doesn’t matter. Worked my off this week so I could have time to see you.”

Sujin bites her lip on a smile, turning her face into his chest. “Tomorrow’s Sunday...do you wanna stay over? We can hang out tomorrow.”

“As much as I wanna be selfish, I know you’re busy—”

“Not too busy for you.” She shakes her head. “You’re actually here and I’ve missed you so much...I can put off my work for a day.”

“You sure?”

“Yes. Please stay.”

He shifts, rolling her on top of him. She gasps in surprise, awkwardly rearranging her limbs until her knees sink into the bed on either side of his hips and her hands are braced against his chest. She blushes at the intimate position, but presses closer; he smirks, gently smoothing her hair behind her ear, and pulls her down for a kiss.

“Anything for you.”


notes: here it is, fight-and-make-up twosu for belleamour and ladykirana! a bit of a longer one too because i wanted to show both sujin and suga's thoughts + i combined your requests together haha. + way too many line breaks lmao thanks again for your requests!

wow i am doing so well with these requests lol it's not like me??? guess i'm in the mood ;) request now before i slip into procrastination!

hope you guys enjoy! i had the hardest time coming up with a reason for a fight lol because with these two it couldn't be anything really petty, you know? but idk........i mean feelings are important you know, sometimes they just get hurt, even when you logically know it wasn't intentional. feelings are always valid! 

so this chapter's song is one i recently heard on the radio and kinda liked; i thought it had some cute lyrics lol. enjoy listening!

my eyes are blurring......i need sleep

skyblaze208 OUT!


© Copyright 2017 by skyblaze208