Chapter 2 - A little bit about him, a little bit about her

The heiress's love
  • The blind date was cancelled. – Lee Dong Wook’s manager says
  • Really? Good news. Thanks God – Dong Wook says in relieve. – do you know why? – he’s curious.
  • I heard she didn’t want to follow her father wish and moved out of the house.
  • Really? What an interesting girl, such a shame that I didn’t have a chance to meet her.
  • Do you interest in getting married now? – his manager asks
  • No, it’s just that I never see anyone so rebellious like that, dare to move out of the comfort zone to prove her point.
  • Yeah, I heard her father took away all her money and even her car too.
  • Really? Wow, that is serious. Do you have her picture by chance?
  • No, I don’t. Her father is very protective, he doesn’t like to leak her picture out because he is afraid that bad people will go after her. I think beside her family and servants, not many people have seen her face but I heard she is a beauty though.
  • Really? Interesting! I hope we will have a chance to meet in the future. – He smiles to himself with that thought.

Lee Dong Wook is well known for being a famous actor represents Korea. With his good look, he was voted to be on top 3 most handsome men and the most desirable boyfriend in Korea. However, not many people know that he is from the most powerful politician family as well as the second wealthiest family in Korea. His family is not very fond of the idea of him being a celebrity but he convinced them to let he follows his dream until he is 35 then he will leave showbiz and focus all his attention on family business. In exchange, he will keep secret about his family background and follow his parents’ wishes including arranged married. That’s why he has been guarding his heart from letting anyone enter since he knows there will be no happy ending in his relationship if the bride is not selected by his parents.

Meanwhile at Kim Jong Kook house,

  • Cheon Seong-im, wake up, time to go to work. – Jong Kook knocks nonstop on Cheon Seong-im bedroom door
  • Oppa let me sleep a little bit more please!!! I went to bed late last night. – She is whining while burying her body in the warm blanket.
  •  It is already late. You have to wake up and get ready. We have to meet up with the director and producer to discuss about you joining my MV.
  • Arraso, can you tell my maid to get my clothes ready. – she answers while still lying in bed
  • Are you still dreaming? You got kicked out of your house. There is no maid any more. You have to do everything by yourself.

She suddenly realizes that she really is out of her castle. There is no more maids, no more house keeper. She has to live like a commoner now.

  • Oppa, you make so much money why don’t you hire a maid. – She opens the door and complains to him.

He is wowed with her fresh beauty. How a girl can still be this pretty when she just woke up. Even though they are childhood friend but this is the first time he has seen her refreshing wake up face. He just smiles unconsciously.

  • Oppa, why are you smiling? – she disrupts his thought.
  • Nothing, it just that you look so pretty.
  • Aiyaa, oppa, you are so sweet. Anyway, why don’t you have a maid oppa?
  • I’m a celebrity. I don’t want anyone disrupts my privacy, do you know that most of the celebrity gossip is come from housekeepers?  
  • Really? I didn’t know that.
  • So how can you keep your house so neat?
  • Because I like it. You should know that already.
  • Yeah, I know. Oh well, wait me a little bit, I will get ready quickly, ok oppa?
  • Ok – he smiled and walk to the kitchen to make breakfast.

She steps to the kitchen after having her hair and makeup done and amazed about the breakfast that Jong Kook made for her. It is full course meal with kimchi soup, meat, and fried fish.

  • Wow oppa, do you always make full meal for breakfast like this.
  • Not really, just because you are here so I thought you need a good breakfast. I normally just get whatever on the way to work.
  • Aww, thank you oppa. But you don’t have to do it in the future though. I will try to cook and clean for you.
  • You? Cook and clean? Hahaha – Jong Kook busted out of laughter.
  • Why are you laughing at me?
  • I can’t imagine how a princess like you can do any of housework. You never have to lift a finger since the day you were born.
  • Ya, don’t laugh at me. If I a man like you can, then I can too. Since I don’t have money to pay you rent, I will just do housework as payment then.
  • You don’t have too, you know that. My house is just like yours. I don’t mind at all.
  • But I mind oppa, I feel bad for troubling you like this.
  • It’s ok. I’m happy that you are here. Since the day I debuted, we haven’t had a chance to spend quality time with each other. So I’m really glad that you are staying here.
  • Because you are the only one I can rely on oppa. My world is always so small; appa, you, and Gary oppa are all I know. I think I should expand my world oppa.
  • It’s a good idea but Seong-im ah but you should know that entertainment is a cruel world. You can get hurt a lot. It was tough even for a guy like me. Things won’t always happen as you expect. Your world have been colored with pink all your life but now you will have to expect various shade, it can be blue, grey or even black. I’m really worried about you since you have live under your father protection for so long.
  • I know oppa but this is the only way I can be closer to Ji-hoon oppa.
  • Seong-im ah, you know that the star is just pretty from afar right? Is it necessary for you to go this far for a person that you have never met? He is just a celebrity crush Seong-im ah, the crush will go away once day.
  • It’s not a crush oppa. I’m in love with him, for real.
  • How can it happen?
  • I met him in person oppa. He is a nicest guy that I have ever met beside you and Gary oppa.
  • Really? When did you meet him? – Jong Kook is curious since he never heard she mentioned about that.
  • Do you remember your tour in America 2 years ago oppa? – She says with a soft voice while her eyes look afar as the image of that day comes back to her.
  • Yes, I do, you got lost before the concert start right?
  • N-ne. I wanted to experience subway in New York so I took a subway instead of using your driver to go to your concert. And because it was the first time I rode subway so I was so confused. I didn’t know where to get off then I just got off at a random stop. I tried to walk outside to take a cab but a group of men push me in the corner. I was scared and yelling but no one helped me, I saw some people walked by, I knew they heard me but they just kept walking because they didn’t want to involve in trouble. I was scared and hopeless. They started touching me. It was the most frighten moment of my life. I started crying. At that time, Ji-hoon oppa appeared and rescued me. He got hit a lot by those angry gangsters but he told me to run away and called the police. When I came back with the police, all the gangster ran away leave Ji-hoon oppa alone with bruises and blood. I offered to take him to the hospital but he refused. He just asked if I was okay then he walked away before I could do anything. Isn’t he great oppa? – she asked Jong Wook dreamily while thinking about Ji-hoon.
  • Why didn’t you tell me about that before? – He is sad and angry for what happened to her. He is angry of himself for not personally taking her to the concert. If he did, she wouldn’t have to experience a horrified memory like that.
  • Because I don’t want you to worry oppa.
  • I’m sorry for not being there for you Seong-im ah. – she can feel the sadness in his voice
  • Don’t be oppa. – she says softly while putting her soft small hand on Jong Kook’s face. – it was not my fault. Even though I was scared but I’m thankful for that event. Because of that, I met Ji-hoon oppa and fall in love with him; even it’s just my one side love.
  • I will try everything I could to bring him close to you Seong-im ah. – He says with a gentle, sad voice. Although he doesn’t want to give her up to another man but her happiness is the most important thing to him. As long as she is happy, he will do everything even it means shattering his own heart.