Chapter 6 - The day she moves out - the day she moves in

The heiress's love

It has been three months after Kim Jong Wook MV releases. It is a big hit. People are in love with the beautiful MV and love story. Song Ji Hyo starts having fan and followers. She has some modeling contracts and appears often with small roles on TV drama.

  • Oppa, I think it is time for me to move out – Ji Hyo says to Jong Kook in the middle of their dinner
  • Why? You don’t feel comfortable living here? - Jong Kook asks with a worry voice
  • An-noy oppa. I’m really comfortable here. It’s just like my home and you have been taking really good care of me. But as you said when I first move in, it won’t be good if people know I live with you. I start making some decent money. I can pay for my own place now oppa. – Ji Hyo convinces Jong Kook.
  • I know, but I just don’t feel good letting you live by yourself Ji Hyo ah. You can’t even clean or cook by yourself and what if something happens to you? All your life, you always have other people taking care of you.
  • Hahaha, you sound like my dad oppa. Even appa didn’t nag me this much when I moved out. He just kicked me out. – Ji Hyo teases Jong Kook.
  • I’m serious Ji Hyo ah. Living by yourself is a big deal. You need to think more carefully. – Jong Kook answers with a serious tone. It’s not only that he worries about Ji Hyo living alone but also sad that she is leaving him. The last 3 months has been the happiest time of his life. He went home with Ji Hyo waiting for him on the living room, woke up with Ji Hyo on the kitchen waiting for him to make breakfast. They talked about their childhood and their future. For a moment, it almost feels like they are a married couple. He thought that he was one step closer to Ji Hyo, but now he realizes it is only him trying to step closer to Ji Hyo and she has always been one step further from him. To her, he is still just an oppa, not a man. That thought just make his heart aches so badly.  
  • I know oppa but I can’t keep bothering you. It’s time for me to live on my own. The last three months makes me realize that I know nothing about this world. I have been a spoiled princess who has no clue about reality. I thought I was an adult but in fact I just a little girl who has been shield in a golden eggshell. It’s time for me to grow up oppa. I know you want to protect me but I have to learn to protect myself oppa. – Ji Hyo determines.
  • It seems like your mind is set. – Jong Kook answers with a sad voice. – when do you plan on moving out
  • Tomorrow oppa, I already found a place.
  • Tomorrow? That fast? – Jong Kook raises his voice in surprise.
  • Yes oppa, it is a good apartment complex with good security too. I heard a lot of celebrity live there.
  • Are you sure? – Jong Kook still concerns.
  • Yes oppa.
  • I will miss you Ji Hyo ah.
  • Aigoo. Oppa, we will still see each other all the time at your company. You will get sick of seeing me too often oppa. – Ji Hyo teases
  • It’s different JI Hyo ah. We have to keep distance and professionalism in workplace. We can’t be as comfortable as we are at home.  
  • I know oppa but we still can meet up outside of work right? Plus I have to move out or you will never have a girlfriend oppa. It will be so awkward if your girlfriend seeing me here. hahaha – Ji Hyo says jokingly but she doesn’t know that her words just like a knife stabbing deeply in his heart.

“So in your heart, there is really never a space for me, maybe it’s time for me to let you go …” Jong Kook thinks while looking sadly at Ji Hyo.

They finish their dinner in silence, only the sound of a broken heart is heard in Jong Kook’s spacious mansion.

  • Do you need help miss? – A man asks Ji Hyo who is struggling to carry her luggage to the new apartment.
  • No … I’m ok. – Ji Hyo is answering while trying to catch her breath and she is totally surprised when turn around and see the man that tries to offer to help her is no other than Ju Ji-hoon. She is frozen for a moment. She can’t believe in her eyes. Be front of her is really Ju Ji-hoon in person, not in TV or her laptop screen or her cellphone screen. That is him in person, the same face that she saw 2 years ago. The same handsome face and manly figure. Her heart almost jumps out of her chest. She just keeps staring at him and can’t move even an inch.
  • Are you ok Miss? – Ju Ji-hoon asks after seeing Ji Hyo frozen at her spot.
  • Ji-hoon oppa. – The words just comes out of Ji Hyo without her control
  • Yeah? Have we met before?
  • It is me, oppa, don’t you remember me? – Ji Hyo asks excitedly
  • I’m sorry but I always have bad memory. Where did we meet? – Ji-hoon asks in confused
  • New York, 2 years ago oppa? I am the one that you rescued in the subway. Do you remember? – Ji Hyo happily says. She can’t believe that she can meet the man who has been hunting her dream every night for the last 2 years now appearing be front of her.
  • Ohh!!! You are her. – Ji-hoon says in surprise. – were you ok after that?
  • Yes, I was. I can’t believe that I see you here. Are you living here? – Ji Hyo asks excitedly
  • Yeah, I just moved here last week. My unit is right here. – Ji-hoon points at the door next to him.
  • Really? Then we are neighbor then. I live right next to you. – Ji Hyo screams excitedly.
  • Wow. It’s such a coincidence. It must be fate. – Ji-hoon smiles sweetly at Ji Hyo makes her heart flusters and her face can’t help but blush.
  • May I help you to bring your luggage inside? It looks too heavy for you. – Ji-hoon asks
  • If you don’t mind. – Ji Hyo smiles
  • Not at all.

After helping Ji Hyo with her luggage, Ji-hoon also helps her arrange and tidy her apartment.  Ji Hyo can’t help but keep smiling. She still feels like she is in her dream. Her handsome hallyu star is right next to her and helping her do housework. She feels like they are a newlywed couple who just move in their new home. Just thinking about that make her happy and smiling by herself. They chat with each other until midnight.

  • It is already late, I should leave – Ji-hoon said
  • N-ne, thank you for helping me. May I cook dinner for you sometime to thank you. – Ji Hyo offers but in her mind she is scolding herself “Made dinner? Are you crazy? You don’t even know how turn on a stove”
  • Sure, how about tomorrow night? – Ji-hoon answers
  • That will be awesome – Ji Hyo answers brightly.
  • See you tomorrow.

Ji Hyo closes the door after sending Ji-hoon out. Behind the door, Ji Hyo is screaming with happiness. Outside of the door, “Step 1 is done” – Ji Hoon smirks