Chapter 3 - The day they first met

The heiress's love

After the breakfast, Seong-im and Jong Kook go straight to KJK entertainment agency. It is Kim Jong Kook very own company where he is the CEO and also the main star. While driving to the company, they both agreed to change her name to Song Ji Hyo instead of Cheon Seong-im to hide her identity. Everyone in the company is surprised to see a new face accompany Jong Kook to work. The female employees including the celebrities and trainees are amazed about her beauty but also jealous about how closed those two act around each other.

  • Good morning hyungs - Jong Kook lightly bows at the producer and the director while Ji Jyo bows down 90 degree to show her respect – this is the one I want to use for my upcoming MV hyung – Jong Wook continues.
  • I thought you want to use Yoon Eun Hye for your new MV. Your chemistry with her is great and the fans adore you two. – the producer says
  • I know hyung but she was in one of my MV before. I want to use a fresh face for this one. Plus she pretty, isn’t she? – He is pointing at Ji Hyo who has been keeping quiet the whole time.
  • She sure is. – The director smiles while looking at Ji Hyo – what is your name? I have never seen you before?
  • My name is Choen … I mean Song Ji Hyo.
  • Oh pretty name. Have you ever had any acting experience before?
  • Not professionally, I just attended some school plays when I was in the university since I took some acting classes.
  • Ok, well we still have to take some head shots and you still have to go through the audition.
  • No hyung, why trouble? I think she is the best for my MV. – Jong Kook complains
  • It’s ok oppa. I should follow the rules. I don’t want to have special treatment neither. – She smiles brightly at Jong Kook. – When can I start my audition? – She turns to the director and asks.
  • Right now, if you are ready. – the producer says
  • I am ready – she responses with confident.

They move to the casting room to proceed with the audition. The director requests her to act basic emotions such as happiness, excitement, anger, fear, and sadness. The producer and the director are both happy at her acting but they are most impressed about the last part of her audition, where she has to express the feeling of a girl helplessly watching her boyfriend got hit by the gangster to protect her. She cries her eyes out. The sadness was express throughout her whole body. They can see her whole body is shaking because of the strong emotion. It was just so real that makes all three grown up even cry with her. Jong Kook unconsciously runs to her and embraces her in his arms.

-  it’s ok, it’s ok, shhh, don’t cry, I’m here for you” – he totally immerses in her acting without realizing that they are still in audition session until the director and the producer stand up and claps their hands for her touching performance.

- You pass. Congratulation! We are looking forwards to working with you – The director says and leave the room.

Ji Hyo is finally able to get up and keeps thanking them for the opportunity.

  • Oppa, I got the role, I got my first job oppa. Wow this is how it feels like to have a job. I have never experienced this kind of excitement before. I’m so happy oppa. – she shouts happily while hugging Jong Kook and he just smiling silently to see the love of his life happy.

They meet up with the director again after done her headshots.

  • The plot of this MV is about a love triangle. I will be one of the male lead, how about the other male lead hyung? – Jong Kook asks the director.
  • We decided to give the role to Lee Dong Wook since he is a hot topic nowadays. He will help to boost your MV rating.
  • It sounds good hyung. I really admire his acting too. – Jong Kook says.
  • Who is Lee Dong Wook oppa? – Ji Hyo asks innocently
  • You don’t know who Lee Dong Wook is? You must be kidding me. He is one of the hottest actors of Korea lately. The most desirable man of Korea, you know?

Ji Hyo just stares at him blankly as she doesn’t know who he is talking about.

  • Ji Hyo ah, you join entertainment world now; you should start giving more interest in celebrity ok? Stop being so mong all the time. Celebrity can be offensive if you don’t recognize them. Not everyone is as nice as me and Gary. Do you know that?
  • I will remember that oppa. - Ji Hyo nods her head lightly. She has never given much attention on celebrities excepted Ju Ji-hoon, Kim Jong Kook and Kang Gary because she doesn’t have much interest in people in general. It won’t be surprised if Rain walks by and she doesn’t recognize who he is. As her father said, only commoners are interests in celebrity lives and she is not a commoner.  

She happily goes to the restroom to freshen up after the crying audition. While she is about to in the toilet, she overheard a conversation between two female trainees:

  • Did you see the new chic that came in with Jong Kook oppa today? I heard that she got the role for oppa’s upcoming MV.
  • I know. It’s so unfair. I have been trainee for 3 years and he still hasn’t given me any role in his MV. Now he gives it to a fresh face. I am sure she sleeps her way up to be an actress. I have never seen her before.
  • I think so too. Just looking at the way she hangs around oppa makes me crazy. I’m sure she had plastic surgery. There is no way she can has that nature beauty face.
  • Totally.

The two girls laughing hard at their conversation and leaving the restroom without realizing that Ji Hyo listened to their entire conversation and crying secretly in the restroom. “So this is what oppa talked about, this word is so scary, how can people makes up story that so disgusting and totally untrue like that? Are all people in this entertainment world like that? It’s just too sad” – she’s thinking miserably in her mind.

  • Oppa, am I deserve this role? – Ji Hyo asks Jong Kook softly while picking on the dish of pasta that Jong Kook made.
  • Of course. The director loves you, you know that.
  • But there are people said that I don’t deserve the role oppa.
  • Who? Who said that? They have to see your acting to know how great you are.
  • Am I taking advantage of you oppa?
  • Of course not, you are helping me by acting in this MV, Ji Hyo ah.
  • But it means I stole someone else’s opportunity right oppa? There are people that wait for thie opportunity forever and I just took it away from them?
  • Ji Hyo ah, look at oppa – he looks into her eyes and can sense something bothering her – you deserve the role, you didn’t steal anyone job. They can’t be in the MV because they are not good enough. If it’s not you, it will be someone else. I didn’t have the whole control over who will get casted. It was the director and the producer who decided to put you in the MV.
  • But … but they said terrible thing about us oppa, they said that I slept my way up to an actress. – She can’t hold her tears any more. They are just broke out when she recalls what those two ladies said earlier in the company restroom.

Jong Kook gently holds her shoulder and comforts her:

  • Ji Hyo ah, this is just the start, when you join this entertainment world, you will have to hear more terrible rumor, face more unfair things, oppa will try my best to protect you, but you have to be strong Ji Hyo ah, think about your happy future with Ji-hoon then close your eyes and ears to concentrate on walking toward the goal that you set. Ji-hoon will be waiting for you at the end of this rough road.
  •  

Ji hyo continues sobbing in Jong Kook's arms until she fells as sleep. Jong Kook lightly carries her with his masculine arms to her bedroom. The tears are still hanging on the corner of her eyes. He gently wipes the tear away and caress her cheek “good night Ji Hyo ah, and wake up with a lighter mind tomorrow ok? Saranghaeyo princess.” He whispered in her ears and leaving her bedroom with a heavy heart; nothing can make him hurt more than seeing her crying.

 

The filming day finally almost comes; she takes the flight to Jejudo where they are going to do the filming for Jong Kook MV one day before the filming to refresh her mind while Jong Kook stays behind to get things done in his company before their 3 days filming trip. After checking in with the hotel, she takes a walk along the beach while reading her script. She suddenly falls on her after banging into someone while immersing in her script.

  • I’m sorry, I’m sorry – she immediately bows down and apologize the person in front of her.
  • It’s ok, don’t worry! Are you okay? The man gently asks her.

His voice is so warm and nice; she can feel the gentleness in his voice. She lifts up her head and look at him. Her first impression about him is an exceedingly handsome man with pale skin, sharp face, high and nice nose, and gentle eyes. He looks familiar to her somehow, like a person that she saw in the past. She can feel an unexplainable connection when she looks in his eyes, very familiar eyes as she has known him for a long time.

  • Can you stand up? – He offered his hand to pull her up.
  • N-ne – she shyly holds his hand while getting up.
  • Are you okay?
  • N-ne, sorry for my carelessness. Are you ok?
  • Yes, I’m okay – he smiles at her gently make her heart feel like jumping out of her chest.
  • I got…ta go. – She is so flustered and just walk pass him without letting him say goodbye.

“Arg, what’s wrong with me? What with my fluster heart. No, no I already have Jo-hoon oppa, I can’t be waiver by another man” Ji Hyo keeps fighting with her own mind while walking away without realizing that the gentleman earlier still keeps his eyes on her shadow.

  • Lee Dong Wook – Dong Wook’s manager is yelling from afar and running toward him – what are you looking at?
  • A pretty girl – Dong Wook says with a smile on his face.
  • Pretty girl? Really? I never heard you call any girl pretty. And how can a girl be in this resort, the filming crew already covers this resort exclusively for the filming. May be she is a part of the crew – Do-hyun – Dong Wook’s manager say
  • That would be nice.
  • Hey, don’t tell me you fall in love at first sight. Do-hyun teases Dong Wook
  • Don’t say silly thing – Dong Wook answers Do-hyun with a serious face. He quickly remembers what he trains himself since the day he debuted. He can’t fall in love with any one because when the day comes, he has to go with his parents’ choice. He can’t waste his time for silly romance. It is ironic that a king of romantic drama like him has never actually experienced real romance in his life.

Later that night, Dong Wook goes to the restaurant next to the beach to have his dinner. It is nice that no one is around so he can freely walking around without any disguise, enjoy food and the beach just like a commoner. He actually never had a chance to experience a commoner life. Because he was born in an important politician family so he has been living under tight protection since he was young, there are always people follow him around to insure his safety. When he got out of the house, he becomes a celebrity and even though he is no longer be followed by 10 bodyguards, he still can’t freely go wherever he wants because he always attracts too many attention. Doesn’t matter how much he try to disguise, his tall and handsome figure is just too recognizable. Because of that, he really appreciates the moment like this, when he can walk freely around like a normal person.

While walking into the restaurant, he notices a slender figure sitting on the corner of the store with her big sad eyes looking somewhere far away. He can recognize right away it was the girl that he met earlier.

  • Can I seat hear? – Dong Wook asks Ji Hyo

Ji hyo is startled because of his sudden request while her mind was wondering in the middle of the ocean.

  • Sure … - She answers after recognizing the handsome figure in front of her – but there are a lot of empty table … – she continues since she still feels awkward toward him.
  • I don’t like to have dinner alone. Can you do me a favor and accompany me for the dinner just tonight.
  • But we barely know each other … - She shyly answers.
  • It’s ok. We can get to know each other now. My name is Lee Dong Wook , how about you?
  • My name is Song Ji Hyo. Wait, your name is familiar … Oh my God, are you the actor Lee Dong Wook. – Song Ji Hyo suddenly remembers his name as Jong Kook mentioned last time. She promised herself to do research about Dong Wook but she totally forgot.

Dong Wook busts out of laughter when he sees her cute mong expression.

  • You really didn’t know who I was?
  • I’m sorry. I didn’t pay much attention to celebrity but I heard good thing about you – Ji Hyo answered honestly.

“Interesting, this is the first time a Korean girl doesn’t recognize me. This will be fun” He is thinking in his head.

  • It’s ok. I prefer to be treated like a normal person than a celebrity.
  • Oh, so you will be the male lead for the MV?
  • Yes, how do you know?
  • Because I’m going to play the female role.
  • Really? Deabak! What a coincidence! That’s why I keep wondering why there is such a beautiful lady in this resort.

Ji Hyo flusters from the compliment that Dong Wook said. It was not the first time someone compliments her beauty but it just feels special coming from him for some reason. They keep talking and laughing through the dinner. Even though this is their first time meeting, they feel like they are long lost friends that can talk about everything – except their backgrounds of course, they both guard their backgrounds as the top secret. Dong Wook walks Ji Hyo to her room after the dinner. Her tiny body is shivering from the strong wind of the ocean. He gently takes off his jacket and put over her shoulders. She feels the warmness from his gentleness and her heart seems to skip the beat again. After saying goodbye, they both go back to their own room with the flustered hearts. “Can’t wait for tomorrow to come” those words just keep running in their heads. They both fall in a beautiful dream, there were a hill full of flowers, two little kids, one boy, one girl are laughing happily while chasing each other. “That place is very familiar …”