Chapter 9 - The troublesome hearts

The heiress's love

It has been two months since Ji Hyo and Ji-hoon dating. It is the happiest time of Ji Hyo’s life. Ji-hoon always personally fetches her home when he doesn’t have the schedule. He cooks her dinner on his day off and always secretly puts breakfast in front of her door with the note “don’t skip your breakfast” to surprise her. He is never fail to text her how pretty she is or how lucky he is having her in his life every day. He always calls or texts to let her know what he is doing or where he is going when they are not together. On the days that he has to film far from home, he would send flower to her filming location with the message like “missing you” or “to the beautiful Ji Hyo”. Those little things he does always make her feel like flowing in the sky of happiness. Sometimes, it just feels so unreal to her how much he cares and loves her. Even the Running Man cast is all jealous of how well Ji-hoon taking care of her. Ji-hoon doesn’t mind to show how close he is to Ji Hyo whenever he visits the Running Man filming. Everybody is happy for her accept of course two bitter hearts Gary and Jong Kook but they are both try to hide their emotion and cheer for Ji Hyo happiness. There are people told Ji Hyo how womanizer Ji-hoon is but Ji Hyo always ignores their advice. She believes in Ji-hoon and blames those talks about Ji-hoon are just celebrity gossip. Ji-hoon is so sweet and handsome so of course women love him but it doesn’t mean he is a womanizer. He always spends all his time with her so she is the one that knows him best. That’s what Ji Hyo keeps telling herself. Today just likes any other days, he texted her to let she know what his schedule wass and mentioned he wouldn’t be able to fetch her since he has a filming to do. She is disappointed but still tries to understand her boyfriend busy schedule. Gary, Jong Kook, Kwang Soo, and Haha ask Ji Hyo go to the club with them after filming but Ji Hyo rejects them. “How can I just enjoy myself while my boyfriend is working hard”, with that thought, she decides to go home instead of hanging out with her oppas.

Jong Kook and the guys decide to go to K-Club, the private club that owned by Gary’s family. This club is designated exclusively for celebrities and upper class members. They can come here to have fun without worrying about paparazzi or gossip. Today, the club is especially more crowded than normal. The employee says that there is a big birthday going on. The owner of the party is a young wife of a rich chaebol but her husband is always outstation so her lifestyle mostly includes insane party and dating famous celebrity. She is a frequent customer of the club so Kang Gary decides to come over and greet her. After going through the crowd of drunken people who are dancing like madness, Gary is finally about to see the main lead for the party but his jaw is dropped when he sees beside her is Ju Ji-hoon kissing her passionately.

  • Oh Gary ssi, what are you doing here. Please sit down – the woman greets Gary
  • I just want to come by and say happy birthday. – Gary still doesn’t know how to react with the situation since he knows that Ji-hoon is dating Ji Hyo.
  • This is Ju Ji-hoon. You know him right? – she asks
  • Of course we know each other. We met while filming before right Gary ssi – Ji-hoon calmly says.
  • Sure, well I have to come back to my table, don’t you mind if I borrow Ji-hoon really quick, there are some people he knows on my table want to say hi to him too – Gary says.
  • Sure, go ahead – the woman says happily while walking to the dance floor.

Gary immediately pulls Ju Ji-hoon to the restroom and punches him in his face.

  • What are you doing?- Ji-hoon screams at Gary
  • Are you asking me what am I doing? I try to fk kill you. Why are you kissing another woman when you already have Ji Hyo? – Gary can’t control his anger
  • So what do you want to do to me? Kicking me, punching me? Don’t forget this is your club. Do you think anyone want to come to your club any more if they know that the club’s owner is such a gangster? – Ji-hoon smirks
  • You … - Gary looks at him angrily, he wants to punch in that bastard face brutally so he can’t use that fake handsome face to play with woman anymore but he tries to calm himself down since this is too much of a crowd to cause trouble – I will tell Ji Hyo about this – Gary continues.
  • Feel free to, if you want your little princess heartbroken. I know how much you and Jong Kook care about her. She may be clueless to realize that you two are in love with her but I can tell just by visit you guys a few times. By the way, you two, especially Jong Kook need to hide your feeling for Ji Hyo better if you don’t want her antifan number increases.
  • Now you care about her? – Gary smirks
  • Of course, she is still my girlfriend remember? – Ji-hoon says in a sarcastic tone while walking away. He comes back to his table and enjoys intimacy with the other woman again. They kiss, laugh, and cuddle make Gary anger keep boiling.
  • Hyung – Gary says to Jong Kook who is still enjoying the music
  • Yes, Gary?
  • Look at the table – Gary points to Ji Hoon direction. Jong Kook can’t help but get so frustrated seeing Ju Ji-hoon is having fun with another woman.
  • Should we tell Ji Hyo? – Gary asks
  • She will be devastating. She has been telling me how happy she is with Ji-hoon every day. I have never seen her so happy like that before. I really don’t want to break her heart. – Jong Kook sadly says
  • So are we just letting him cheating on her behind her back? – Gary angrily says
  • We will just have to wait at the right time to tell her. Just not yet… - Jong Kook says with in gloom.

They go home with their heavy hearts. Two men who don’t mind breaking their heart for one woman’s happiness but now they have to stand and see her heart being broken because of another man. What can they do for her? That question keeps hunting them in their sleep.

It has been one month since that event. The two men decided not to tell Ji Hyo about that incident. Sometime, they just warn her to not trust her man too much but as usual, she just ignores their advice. Ji-hoon still fetches her and takes care for her in front of Gary and Jong Kook like nothing ever happened. It irritates and angers those two strong men deeply but they still try to hold in for Ji Hyo’s sake. Today is Running Man New Year special; they will have cooking battle in which they have to bring cuisine from different provinces. Ji Hyo was sent to Pohang – her mother’s hometown and where she lived when she was younger. She was told to wait for her partner on the beach. She has been curious the whole day about who will spend time with her in this beautiful province and she screams out of happiness when she sees Lee Dong Wook is her partner. She unconsciously runs into him and hugs him like girl just reunited with her long lost boyfriend.

After their MV filming in Jejudo, she often thinks about Dong Wook. She sometimes unconsciously smiles when seeing Dong Wook on TV. She doesn’t like to read celebrity news but she always pay special interest on the news about Dong Wook. However, she tries to convince herself that Dong Wook is just a good friend and tries to get him out of her mind since Ji-hoon is the one that she always wants to be with. But today, seeing him again just so breathtaking to her, she is too happy to hold back. She just wants to jump to him and stay by his side. Dong Wook is also super excited and happy when he knew that his partner is Ji Hyo. He showed up early that day to get in his best shape to see Ji Hyo after a long time. He thinks about her all the time and always follows her drama and programs even though his schedule is super tight. He asks his manager to record all running man episodes and drama that she plays. In his free time, he will rewatch all the running man episodes and pause to the parts when she smiles the brightest. Sometime, in the darkroom, when he is by himself, he can spend hours looking at her pictures. Even he himself feels like a teenage boy first time in love. He really wants to get closer to her but he knows he shouldn’t. So when Running Man PD asks him to join the show, he didn’t even hesitate to say yes. Just like how she unconsciously runs to him, he also unconsciously opens his arm and hugs her in happiness. All crew members are surprised how close they are to each other. They spend amazing time together on the beach. They have great fun even in auctioning the crabs.

For a moment, they forget that they are being filmed. They hang out like an ordinary couple. They go to the market together, cook together, walk on the beach, and play sand castle. Everybody look at them with admire. It just like watching a couple walks out of a hit drama. They are just look so great together that an elder lady told them to should just get married. They just smiles shyly at each other. At the end of the filming in Pohang, since they still have a little time left, they play sand castle on the beach which Dong Wook loses and has to piggy back her.

Ji Hyo’s heart gets flusters when she’s on Dong Wook’s back. Even she was on his back before but one time she was in to much pain to pay attention and the other time she just slept. Today, when she awakes and well, she has a chance to pay more attention on his shoulder, it is so strong and broad. To a bright skin kind of guy like him, people would think that he is weak but he’s actually really strong. He stills smiles and talks brightly to her while carrying her on the beach. Her heart flusters when their face accidently touches. He has such a nice and soft skin and his hair just smell so good - a manly good kinda smell. She unconsciously tightens her arms around his neck makes her even closer to him and that makes his heart races so fast. He can feel her heart beat on his back; it’s kind of fast which makes him wonder if she shares the same feeling as him. He can feel her soft hair touching his neck. It smells like heaven. She is so close to him that makes him want to turn his head back a little further so his lips can touch her cheeks.  Blue ocean, white sand, yellow sunlight, they are all just perfect for a romantic date. Both of them are supper happy the whole day but when they are on the plane back to Seoul for the final battle, they both try to calm their hearts down. Ji Hyo tells herself to keep it together since Ji-hoon is a good boyfriend and he is the only one for her while Dong Wook also reminds himself of the promise that he made to his parents and tries to calm his exciting heart. But they both don’t know that a dramatic change is about to happen to their relationship…