Chapter 17 - The press conference.

The heiress's love
  • Dong Wook ah, did you read the news today? – Ji Hyo asks while having dinner at Dong Wook’s place.
  • Which news? – Dong Wook asks
  • Ga In got arrested for blackmailing SamSung chairman’s family and Joo Ji-hoon dating married women scandal is all over the news – Ji Hyo says
  • Oh that, yes I heard. – Dong Wook calmly answers.
  • I was really surprised reading those news. I knew they are bad but I couldn’t imagine they are that wicked. But I can’t stop wondering how can their scandals are exposed at the same time. – Ji Hyo looks at Dong Wook suspiciously.
  • They got what they deserve honey. – Dong Wook still calming eats his dish
  • There must be a strong force behind it in order to push the investigation that fast and I only can think of one person can have that kind of power. Did you have something to do with those scandals, yeobo? – Ji Hyo says with a suspicious voice.
  •  So what if I got involve with those scandals? They deserve it. Don’t you think? – Dong Wook finally looks at Ji Hyo and answer.
  • They do but do you think it is too harsh on them? Their careers are probably ended after these scandals – Ji Hyo says in a low voice
  • Are you still worried about them? Do you remember what they did to you? – Dong Wook asks while looking at Ji Hyo
  • I remember it all but I still feel bad … - Ji Hyo sadly says

Dong Wook gets up from his chair and walks to Ji Hyo.

  • You are too meek and good-nature Ji Hyo ah. People do bad things need to be punished or they will keep attacking other innocent people. You are not their first victim. Do you know how many hearts did they shattered and how many family that they broke? I scammed the money that others earned with their blood and sweat. Someone has to stop them from doing that Ji Hyo ah. Most importantly, I can’t forgive anyone that broke my woman’s heart. That is definately unforgivable. – Dong Wook says softly to Ji Hyo while tightly back hugging her.
  • Thank you Dong Wook ah. Saranghae. – Ji Hyo gently says while lean her head on his chest and hold his gentle arms
  • I love you too, yeobo. – Dong Wook softly says in Ji Hyo’s ear while landing a kiss on her head.
  • When do you want to do the press conference on out engagement? – Dong Wook asks Ji Hyo after cleaning up the dishes.
  • Let’s do it next week since our engagement party will coming in 3 weeks. – Ji Hyo says
  • Let’s do that then. – Dong Wook stops a little bit and says- Ji Hyo ah. Are you sure about the engagement and the marriage. We haven’t been dating for long. Are you sure you are comfortable with the idea? – Dong Wook concerns.
  • I feel everything goes really fast too but surprisingly I feel really sure about it. Since the first time I saw you, I felt that we have a deep connection. You are really wise, trustworthy, reliable, and gentle. I feel safe being with you. I know you will make a good husband. – Ji Hyo softly says - How about you? Are you really ready to give up for acting career? – Ji Hyo asks
  • I’m sure since the first time I saw you cried. I know that I will be willing to give up everything to be with you and protect you. As long as we are together. It’s all worth it. – Dong Wook says while hugging Jihyo on the couch. – It’s so nice to lay next to you Ji Hyo ah.
  • Me too. Do you remember what dad said about us being closed when we were younger? Why can’t I remember anything about that? Do you remember anything? – Ji Hyo asks while playing with Dong Wook’s fingers.
  • I don’t remember any of it neither. I did ask my parents but they both said I will remember when time comes. I can’t believe I forget an adorable girl like you. It’s just so weird – Dong Wook answers.
  • That’s what my dad says too but I’m really curious. You know, now I think about that. Since I met you, I often have the dream about two kids playing on the green hill. The little girl is definitely me; I just don’t know who the boy is.
  • You have that dream too? I have the same dream when we were at Jejudo. I also see the younger me chasing a little girl on the hill. Now I think about it, that little girl looks really like you? – Dong Wook says in surprise.
  • Jjinja? Daebak. It’s crazy. May be it is a part of our memory that unconsciously comes when we are together. That’s why you gave me a familiar vibe even when we first met – Ji Hyo says in amaze
  • Properly. It’s crazy how much we connect mentally. I always feel like we met before but I just can’t point my finger where and when – Dong Wook excitedly says
  • I know. It’s so daebak. I’m so happy. – Ji Hyo cheerfully says.

They spend the rest of the night cuddling, laughing, and planning about their engagement party.

 

The day of press conference is finally come. Ji Hyo and Dong Wook are in their best outfits. Ji Hyo holds tightly on Dong Wook's arm while walking in to the PC room.

The cameras keep flashing make both of them blinded for a moment.

  • Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen for coming today and supporting us. – Dong Wooks says politely – before answering any question I would like to let everyone know the reason for the press conference today. I – Lee Dong Wook and Song Ji Hyo will be engaged in three weeks. We will also retire from the entertainment industry after our marriage. I would like to say thank you on behalf of my soon to be fiancé to all the fans that have been supporting and loving us. We will miss you. – Dong Wook and Ji Hyo bow downs 90 degree after Dong Wook’s statement.

The whole crowd of reporters is in gasp because the big surprise. This is the first time ever in the history of Korea’s entertainment industry, a celebrity couple formally inform their retirement. They are so many hands raise to ask questions.

  • How long have you two been dating? – Reporter Kim asks
  • Long enough for us to think about marriage – Dong Wook calmly answers.
  • Ji Hyo sii, you hasn’t joined the entertainment for too long. Why do you want to retire already? – Reporter Na asks
  • I want to focus on our family business after marriage. There won’t be a lot of time for us to do entertainment works any more. That’s why we agreed on retiring.
  • What about your Monday boyfriend Kang Gary? He must be heartbroken? – Reporter Lee asks
  • We are just an on screen couple. He is a really closed childhood friend of me and he is really happy and supportive on my marriage intention. – Ji Hyo answers.
  • You are still on the top of your career; don’t you think it’s still too soon to give up your career Dong Wook ssi? – Reporter Kang asks
  • If I am on top now it’s mean I will have to come down soon. Then it is the perfect time for me to retire, so people will remember me when I’m on top. Don’t you think? – Dong Wook smiles at the reporters. Ji Hyo looks at Dong Wook in admire with the smart answers that he gave. “He is indeed from a well-trained politician family” – she thinks while smiling by herself
  • There was a rumor that you dated the beautiful actress Lee Dae Hee? Is it right Dong Wook sii.
  • This conference is about me and Ji Hyo. I don’t want to involve other people – Dong Wook firmly says. Ji Hyo is kind of surprised when the question was asked. She had no idea that there is such a rumor. Dong Wook did confess with her that he dated an actress before. She wonders if that actress is really Lee Dae Hee. She really wants him to answer that question but she can’t say anything since the reporters are around.

The press confront continues for 4 hours with full of questions. Dong Wook and Ji Hyo calmly answer with smiles on their face all of them even they both are exhausted.

All the reporters are happy with the press conference since they will be hot news for them to write. There is only one person that is unhappy watching the whole press conference.  “I won’t let anyone else have him but me” - That person whispers