Chapter 26 - May their hearts stay strong?

The heiress's love

Morning finally comes. Ji Hyo couldn’t sleep much last night so she decides to get up early and go to the hospital with Dong Wook’s clothes. She is in front of Min Hee’s hospital room but she can’t decide if you should step in or not. She worries that her appearance will provoke Min Hee emotion. The room is pretty quiet. She sneaks through the door and sees Min Hee is sleeping soundly with her hand holding tight on Dong Wook’s hand who is sleeping in the sitting position next to Min Hee. Ji Hyo feels a flash of pain running by her heart. She knows that Dong Wook love her but seeing scene like this still hurts her feeling. She is standing there for half of hour with thousands of thoughts run through her head until she hears Dong Wook voice in the room.

  • Do you feel better? – Dong Wook asks Min Hee gently.
  • Yeah I’m ok oppa. Thank you – Min Hee answers softly.
  • That’s good. I have to get to work. There is an important conference that I have to attend. I will visit you after work ok? – Dong Wook says
  • Don’t leave oppa – Min Hee holds tightly on Dong Wook’s hand – I don’t want to be alone
  • The doctor and nurse will take good care for you until I come back. It won’t be long – Dong Wook says
  • Oppa, let’s date – Min Hee suddenly says puttng Dong Wook and Ji Hyo who is overhearing their conversation in shock
  • I’m sorry but we can’t. I already have a fiancé. – Dong Wook softly says
  • Just one week oppa. Just date me one week. If after one week you still want to be with Ji Hyo then I will come back to Korea for good and never bother you two again.
  • Love is not an experience; you can’t just put 2 people in a trial for a week to see how it works. We are human, not rat lab Min Hee ah. – Dong Wook firmly says
  • But you never even gave me a chance to be with you oppa. How can you know if you have feeling for me or not when you not even try? – Min Hee starts crying
  • Don’t be like that Min Hee ah. Please be more reasonable. – Dong Wook says while comforting Min Hee.
  • Please oppa, please say you will consider it or I won’t take any medicine to day.
  • Min Hee ah… Dong Wook looks at Min Hee with his sad eyes. He doesn’t want to go with that idea but he also doesn’t want to upset Min Hee neither since her emotion is not very stable yet. – I will think about it after work ok? Now just rest well. Oppa has to go – Dong Wook gently says
  • See you later oppa.

 

Dong Wook walks out the room and in surprise seeing Ji Hyo is standing there with tears in her eyes.

  • Did you hear our conversation – Dong Wook gently says while wiping tears off Ji Hyo cheeks
  • N-ne – Ji Hyo nods – Just date her for a week – Ji Hyo says after a moment of silence.
  • What did you just say? – Dong Wook is in surprised.
  • She is being like that because of us. If dating you a week can help her to move on, then it the least we can do for her. – Ji Hyo says with the tears still keep rolling out of her eyes
  • But what about you? Are you ok with me dating another girl? – Dong Wook concerns
  • Of course I’m not but I trust you. Your heart won’t be easy to change in a week right? – Ji Hyo looks at Dong Wook with the sad eyes.
  • You are such a silly girl. Why you always have to be so kind hearted like this – Dong Wook says while embracing Ji Hyo tightly in his arms.

 

They go to work together. A quiet atmosphere covers them. They both are busy with their own thoughts. Ji Hyo knows she did the right thing letting Dong Wook and Min Hee date for a week but her heart can’t help but feeling uneasy. Dong Wook doesn’t want to involve with Min Hee even just a day since he knows how sad Ji Hyo will be seeing him with another girl but he can’t ignore Min Hee condition neither. “1 week will be fast” – he thought.

Min Hee is super happy hearing Dong Wook agrees with her deal. She is confident that she can change his heart in a week or at least shatter Ji Hyo’s heart for a week. She won’t give up on Dong Wook without leaving a big mess in Ji Hyo and Dong Wook relationship. That was all her plan from begin with. The suicidal is also a part of her plan. She knew that Dong Wook has a kind heart and will be guilty seeing her committing suicide. She took enough sleeping pills to make her unconscious but not enough to danger her life. Before taking the pills, she purposely sent her father a text message to make him worry and call Dong Wook. She knew Dong Wook will never ignore her when she is in danger. Everything is falling perfectly in plan. All she has to do now is making Ji Hyo witnessing her man being taken away in front of her eyes.

Min Hee is released from the hospital after 2 days and their 1 week dating starts. A part of her deal is that Dong Wook has to completely ignore Ji Hyo at work and has to sleep in the hotel for a week instead of going home with Ji Hyo. Min Hee follows Dong Wook everywhere at work. She makes sure Ji Hyo and Dong Wook can’t have any private moment together. She aggressively interferes with their work. She always sits in the middle of them even when they try to discuss about work. She makes sure to snatch Dong Wook away in lunch time. She chooses the table where Ji Hyo can see them vividly. She intentionally feeds Dong Wook and makes Dong Wook feed her in front of Ji Hyo. She holds Dong Wook hands everywhere and especially tighter in front of Ji Hyo eyes. Witnessing those scenes really break Ji Hyo heart. Ji Hyo can see the concern in Dong Wook’s eyes every time he passes by her but it doesn’t make it easier on her. Sometime, it hurts her so bad that she has to hide in the emergency stairway and cry her eyes out but she still tries to keep calm in front of Dong Wook since she doesn’t want to make him more uncomfortable than he already is.

The seven days seem to be longer than 7 years for Ji Hyo and Dong Wook. Ji Hyo still can’t get used to going home without Dong Wook. Their house just seems too big and quiet without Dong Wook. It is always hard for her to sleep without Dong Wook on her side. There are days that she goes home and just sit on the kitchen crying lonely by herself. Every night, she takes out Dong Wook shirt from the closet and snuggle it in her arm. The scent of Dong Wook from the shirt makes her fall as sleep a little bit easier. She often dreams of Dong Wook laying by her side but when she wakes up, sadness covers her again realizing that Dong Wook is not there to bring her the morning breakfast. She misses his roses.

Thing is not easy on Dong Wook neither. Even though Min Hee is always beside him and taking care of him, he still feels empty. His body may stay next to Min Hee but his soul is with Ji Hyo. He thinks of Ji Hyo every minute of the day. “What is Ji Hyo doing? Did she eat? Is she hurting?” – Those questions keep running through his head. He feels like someone rips his heart out of his chest every time he sees sorrow in Ji Hyo’s eyes. She may be a good actress but her eye can never lie. He can read all her emotion through her big beautiful eyes regardless how much she tries to hide. He knows she is witnessing everything he and Min Hee do and he understands how hurtful it must be for her. Sometimes he wants to run to Ji Hyo and embraces her out of sadness but Min Hee never let he takes even a step away from her. He is also can’t sleep at night without Ji Hyo laying on his arm. He misses her peaceful sleeping face. He misses her beautiful face when she wakes up. “Is she eating breakfast regularly when I am not there to cook for her?” That thought keeps coming to him every time he wakes up.

The seventh day finally comes. Ji Hyo has been excited all day knowing Dong Wook will come home with her today until she received a message from Min Hee. “Please come to the garden behind the hotel. We need to talk.” Ji Hyo can sense something abnormal but she still decides to go and see Min Hee.

  • You should break up with him. He is in love with me. – Min Hee says with an arrogant voice putting Ji Hyo in shock.

Ji Hyo’s heart feels pain hearing those words from Min Hee. She trusts Dong Wook. She can see the concerns and loves in Dong Wook eyes even when he was not with her but Min Hee’s confidence really put Ji Hyo in a doubt.

  • If he is in love with you, I won’t be hesitated to leave him but I won’t break up with him until he breaks up with me first – Ji Hyo decides to stay strong.
  • He asked me to break up with you since he doesn’t want to deal with your emotional issues. – Min Hee sulkily says
  • I know my fiancé better than that. He is a real man. If he wants to break up with me he will do it in person not through someone else. – Ji Hyo firmly says
  • Just shut up. You know nothing about him don’t act like you do – Min Hee screams at Ji Hyo.
  • I’m sure I know him better than you. He stayed strong by my side when I waivered so I will also stay strong by his side even if he waivers. If you have nothing more to say, I have to get back to work. – Ji Hyo firmly says and turns away but Min Hee suddenly screams out, she slaps hardly on her own face that leaves a clear red hand print. She messes up her own hair make it look like someone just pulled her hair out. She tears her dress apart, kneels down to Ji Hyo feet and says in tears.
  • Unnie, please don’t hit me anymore. Please let me be with oppa. Please unnie. I really love oppa. – Min Hee begs while crying.

Ji Hyo doesn’t understand what is happening and why Min Hee doing that

  • Min Hee – Dong Wook’s scream disrupt Ji Hyo thought.

Ji Hyo realized that she has been set up. Min Hee did it in purpose for Dong Wook to see so he will think Ji Hyo just hit Min Hee. The situation is definitely doesn’t look good on Ji Hyo. Dong Wook is walking toward them with anger visible on his face. Ji Hyo is in panic worrying that Dong Wook will misunderstand the situation while Min Hee is secretly laughing inside thinking Dong Wook totally fell for her trap. She is confident that her devastated acting is flawless. Dong Wook walks up to Min Hee, pulls her to stand up and says:

  • What the hell you think you are doing – Dong Wook words putt Min Hee in shock
  • As…. You see oppa. Ji Hyo unnie hit me because I said I love you oppa. It hurt a lot oppa. She pulled my hair and slapped my face hard. Can you see my face is still red from her hand? – Min Hee busts out of tears.
  • Do you think I am a kid and pull this kind of play to me? You may forget it but I used to be an actor, a good one. I can tell when people act and do you think I will believe you when you said Ji Hyo hit you? I know my fiancé better than that. She may be strong but she has soft heart. She couldn’t even hit the one that tried to cut her feet and poison her. She felt bad when the ones that shattered her heart got punished. Do you know that she was the one suggested me to go along with dating you for 7 days even it hurt her? I know you are hard head but I can’t believe you are this twisted. If you think you can break us up from the little play that you just planned then you know nothing about me, about us? We went through enough things together that our love is unbreakable. – Dong Wook firmly says while looking lovingly at Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo feels happy hearing what Dong Wook said. If there are any other men, they probably assume the worst of the situation but he always takes her side no matter what. He loves her and trusts her unconditionally. At that moment, she knows that she is with a right man. She unconsciously smiles at her man with love in her eyes.

  • Why you only believe in her? You should believe in me oppa. Do you think I hurt myself this much just to separate you two? – Min Hee still being arrogant.
  • Just look at the hand mark on your face I can tell that you hit yourself. Please don’t underestimate my intelligence. You better get your stuff ready and leave my hotel immediately I will send someone you to the airport. Play time is over. It is time for you to go home. – Dong Wook coldly says while taking Ji Hyo away leaving Min Hee screaming like a crazy woman in the middle of the garden.

 

  • Thank you for trusting me yeobo. – Ji Hyo says softly while laying in their bed at home.
  • Of course I have to trust you. I know my angel will never do anything cruel like that – Dong Wook softly says while landing a kiss on Ji Hyo cheek.
  • I’m so lucky having you in my life Dong Wook ah. It was very hard living without you the last 7 days.
  • Trust me, I know. It was horrible for me without you Ji Hyo ah. May be it’s time for us to go home too. Let’s go back to Korean ok? We leave long enough.
  • N-ne. It is time for us to go back home.
  • Let’s take a Europe tour together before going back home. We have been too busy working and haven’t been able to enjoy this beautiful continent.
  • Yeah let’s do that. Can we travel by train? I always want to travel across Europe by train.
  • Sure, whatever you want angel. – Dong Wook softly says

Pain, hurt, sadness, and waiver seem to all disappear at the same time when they enjoy their passionate night together.  They both miss the sweetness of each other’s body. They happily end a rough day together and get ready for a new journal ahead of them