Chapter 16 - Kim Jong Kook's concert

The heiress's love
  • The dinner went better that I expected – Ji Hyo says while fixing Dong Wook’s bow in the parking garage after their dinner.
  • Of course it is. I told you my parents would like you – Dong Wook says while caressing Ji Hyo hairs.
  • You look so handsome tonight. I can see all the girls staring at you. -  Ji Hyo says with a jealous tone.
  • Are you jealous? What can I do? I’m so jealous too. You’re look just too amazing tonight. I can’t take my eyes off you and same as other men. I really want to pull their eyeballs out so they can’t stare at you any more – Dong Wook teases while pulling Ji Hyo in his arms.
  • Wow, my future fiancé is so angry. – Ji Hyo says while smiling shyly in Dong Wook’s arms.
  • I don’t want any one look at my woman but me. You are too beautiful. – Dong Wook adds.
  • I don’t want anyone looking at you neither but what can I do, you are a man of public – Ji Hyo says.
  • Not for long honey. I’m soon will be just for only you to look at; you may get sick looking at me by then. – Dong Wook teases while landing a soft kiss on Ji Hyo forehead. – Do you want me to take you to the concert princess?
  • No, it’s ok. You have a filming to do. My driver will take me there. You can pick me up if you want to. – Ji Hyo says.
  • Sure, I will come as soon as I finish my filming.
  • Ok, my car is here. I gotta go. Bye yeobo. – Ji Hyo winks at Dong Wook.
  • Not so fast. – Dong Wook hugs Ji Hyo tightly and gives her a passionate kiss on her lips make Ji Hyo face turns beat red. – Don’t flirt with another man – Dong Wook adds.
  • You too, don’t flirt with a pretty actress or I will kill you – Ji Hyo says while walking in her car.

 

Song Ji Hyo is wild after arriving at Kim Jong Kook’s concert. Thousands of fans are screaming Kim Jong Kook name. Banner with his name and pictures are everywhere. The cameras are flashing nonstop. Ji Hyo goes to backstage to greet Jong Kook before the concert start.

  • Good luck on your concert oppa – Ji Hyo says while handling Jong Wook the bouquet.
  • You looks amazing today Ji Hyo ah – Jong Kook says after a minute of staring at Ji Hyo.
  • Thank you oppa. You are very handsome too.
  • How was your blind date? – Jong Kook asks
  • It’s better than I expect oppa – Ji Hyo smiles brightly without knowing Jong Wook’s heart is sinking a little
  • Well good luck oppa, I will be on my chair, the show is about to start. – Ji Hyo says while giving Jong Kook a tight hug. His heart feels about to exploded when Ji Hyo hugging him. He can feel her breath close to his neck. The smell of her perfume is lingering on his nose. She ran to her chair but he is still standing frozen in his place and keeps looking at her back until the PD pull him to the stage to get ready for his first performance.

The fans are screaming crazily when Jong Kook appears on the stage. They keep chaining his name passionately. There are girls that cry while hearing his songs. Ji Hyo feels so proud of Jong Kook. She knows how hard he has been working to get to where he is now. The show is at its when Kim Jong Kook about to perform the song “How can you don’t know”. Before singing he says:

  • This song is for a woman I love but she is so pure and innocent that she never realized my feeling for her. This song is for you please listen to each word in the lyrics. It was written for you. – Jong Kook says while staring sadly at Ji Hyo chair and the crowd when wild after hearing his confession only Ji Hyo doesn’t understand what happening “why is he staring at me while saying that? There is no way I’m the girl that he mentioned right?” – Ji Hyo asks herself

The sad melody starts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUa94Mrc384 this is the song). Jong Kook’s sad beautiful voice starts flowing with the music

 

All day, you stay in my head
You are brightly smiling at me

I wonder if you think of me
sometimes I can’t sleep tonight
at thoughts of you

Though I love alone
Though I cry with sadness
Though my heart aches Some day,
that kind of day will come to me
Days of love will come
If I hope and hope

Do you know how it feels To love
someone so much that you hate them?
You don’t know, this foolish me

Why is love only cruel to me?
The only thing
I want is you

Though I love alone
Though I cry with sadness
Though my heart aches Some day,
that kind of day will come to me
Days of love will come
If I hope and hope

Do you know how it feels To love
someone so much that you hate them?
You don’t know, this foolish me

If I take a step closer,
you get farther away
Don’t you know how I feel?
I love you

You’ll look for me some day
You’ll find out some day
That I’m standing behind you

Do you know how it feels To love
someone so much that you hate them?
You don’t know, this foolish me

If only I can love
Even if I lose everything
It’s alright – don’t you know?

The song is so sad that Ji Hyo’s tears unknowingly falling down.

She can feel a sad emotion in Jong Kook voice. For a moment, she realizes that this song is really about her. She always innocently accepts his care without knowing he is deeply in love with her in secret. Her heart suddenly feels aches a little. “He must been hurting so much to write this depressed lyrics” – she gloomily thinks.

Meanwhile on the side of the stage, a woman is also sadly looking at Jong Kook with the tears on her eyes. She is Yoon Eun Hye.

Her heart feels like broken to million fractions when she hears the song. She knows it better than anyone else that song is for Song Ji Hyo. She can feel the sadness in his eyes and his voice and it hurts her so badly. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo keep staring sadly at each other throughout the song. In front of his eyes right now only have Ji Hyo, the whole crowd of fan seems to disappear. He sings out the song with all his emotion hoping Ji Hyo will finally understand his feeling. Ji Hyo feelings are all mixed up right now. To her, he has always been a great big brother. He was always there for her when she needed, always loved her unconditionally, but now knowing that he has more than just oppa-doesaeng feeling for her really makes her heart flustered.

At the end of the concert, the crowd becomes even more enthusiastic when Yoon Eun Hye appears to sing duet “Lovable” with Jong Kook. The crowd is cheering for that beautiful couple many of them are Jong Wook –Eun Hye shippers. Eun Hye keeps looking at Jong Wook while singing but Jong Wook keeps looking at Ji Hyo. At the end of the song, Eun Hye lands a kiss on Jong Kook cheeks makes the crowd go crazy but only Ji Hyo feels a little pain on her heart. She is so used to being the only woman of his life now seeing another girl being passionate toward him really make her heart uneasy. Jong Kook is also so surprised and turns looking at Eun Hye. At the moment, he sees a tear drops from her big beautiful eyes. His heart hurts a little. He realizes that she has been with him the whole time, when he is hurt, she is always by his side comforting him. When he is down, she always talks to him doesn’t matter what time of the day. Even when he is looking at another woman; she is still just looking at him. He just realizes how painful it must be for her. He should know that feeling better than anyone since he has been hurt so much watching Ji Hyo in love with another man. He purposely ignores Eun Hye’s sadness and selfishly letting her experience the pain. At that moment, he feels so sorry toward her and he hugs her to his arm in front of the crowd. “I’m sorry Eun Hye ah, I will try not to hurt you anymore” – Jong Kook whispers in Eun Hye’s ear. The fan are excitedly yelling to cheer them on only Ji Hyo feels a little pain on her heart but she ends up smiling because she is happy for him to finally find his happiness. She knows that she will never be able to love him more than a big brother.

At the end of the performance, Ji Hyo goes to the backstage to congratulate Jong Kook on his successful performance.

  • Congratulations oppa, it was a wonderful performance. – Ji Hyo says
  • Thank you Ji Hyo. – Jong Kook says
  • You and Eun Hye look good together oppa. Congratulations – Ji Hyo says softly
  • Ji Hyo, it’s actually …
  • Ji Hyo – Dong Wook voice interrupts Jong Kook explanation.
  • Oh, Dong Wook ah – Ji Hyo turns her head after hearing Dong Wook voice. Dong Wook was actually in the concert since Jong Kook sang “How can you don’t know” and witnessed the exchange in emotion between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. It makes his heart aches but he pretends like he knows nothing because he doesn’t want to put Ji Hyo in an awkward position.
  • Congratulations on your concert Jong Kook hyung – Dong Wook politely says
  • Thank you Dong Wook – Jong Kook answers – what are you doing here?
  • I come to fetch Ji Hyo home – Dong Wook answers.
  • Oh right, Dong Wook is actually my future fiancé – Ji Hyo says and she can feel the sorrow in Jong Kook eyes after hearing the news but she knows it is for the best. Ji Hyo and Dong Wook will come out clean with public about their relationship sooner or later so it’s better for Jong Kook to know from her than from public and it will be best for him to move on with Eun Hye.
  • Is it for real? Is he the one your father picked? – Jong Kook asks in surprised
  • Yes, it is crazy coincidence, I know. – Ji Hyo says
  • We will have our engagement party next month. Please join us. – Dong Wook says

Jong Kook’s heart feels even heavier hearing the “engagement” word

  • Why is it so soon? – Jong Kook asks with a choke in his throat
  • Our parents want it that way – Ji Hyo says
  • N-ne. Well congratulations. Jong Kook says while trying to hide his sadness
  • Oppa – Eun Hye calls and interrupts their conversation as she can’t stand looking at the brokenhearted Jong Kook anymore.
  • Oh Eun Hye ah – Jong Kook greets Eun Hye in surprise
  • Annyeonghaseyo Eun Hye ssi – Ji Hyo greets Eun Hye with her flustered heart. She suddenly doesn’t know how to face Eun Hye since she can feel Eun Hye genuine feeling toward Jong Kook and Joong Kook’s feeling toward her.
  • Well, we gotta go. It’s late – Dong Wook says, trying to pull everybody out of the awkward situation.
  • N-ne, we should. Bye oppa, bye Eun Hye. You two were great today. – Ji Hyo says before holding on Dong Wook arms and leaves.
  • Goodbye, drive safe. – Eun Hye and Jong Kook say

 

  • Are you ok oppa? – Eun Hye says when the stadium only has her and Jong Kook left.

 

  • I am but are you ok? – Jong Kook concerns – I’m sorry for making you sad all this time Eun Hye ah. Oppa will make up for you from now on ok? – Jong Kook says while caressing Eun Hye’s face.
  • Promise oppa? – Eun Hye says happily.
  • I will try Eun Hye ah – Jong Kook says with a gentle voice.

 

Meanwhile in Dong Wook’s car

  • Dong Wook ah, I’m sorry – Ji Hyo softly says
  • For what? – Dong Wook ask softly
  • My heart got waiver today for a moment – Ji Hyo confesses
  • I know – Dong Wook lightly says
  • You know? – Ji Hyo surprised
  • I came when Jong Kook hyung sand “How can you don’t know”. I can see the waiver in your eyes when you cried but I believe in you Ji Hyo ah. I know it’s just a momentary waiver. You heart will come back to me. – Dong Wook gently says
  • Thank you Dong Wook ah. You are a great man. What did I do to deserve you? – Ji Hyo says softly while landing a kiss on Dong Wook cheeks.
  • You always deserve the best my princess – Dong Wook smiles kindly at Ji Hyo.
  • Let’s be happy from now on ok? – Ji Hyo says.
  • Of course we will.  – Dong Wook answers sweetly.