Chapter 22 - Decision has made.

The heiress's love

The next morning, Eun Hye comes to visit Jong Kook. In the room, Jong Kook is still sleeping soundly. On the night stand next to his bed, Eun Hye finds a letter with her name on it from Song Ji Hyo.

“ Eun Hye ssi,

By the time you read this letter, I’m probably no longer in South Korea. I gave a lot of thought on what you said and I made up my mind. It is hard to me to leave Jong Kook oppa when he is still unconscious but I know you were wright. It is better that I leave before Jong Kook oppa wakes up so it will be easier for him to move on. I had been thinking a lot about my feeling for Jong Kook oppa. I do love him but just as a little sister loves her big brother. I did think about trying to love him as a man but then I realize that love is not something you can try. It has to come from your heart. The more I try, the more people will get hurt. I, you, Jong Kook oppa and Dong Wook, we will all end up getting hurt and it is the last thing I want to happen. I want to make up for oppa for all the things that he done for me but then I know if I do that, it will just be sympathy, not love. Oppa deserves a real love, a great love which I will never be able to give him because my heart is already taken by someone else. I know that you are the only can give him the love he deserves so I decide to leave. Please help me taking care of oppa. Please love him and make him happy. He has a good heart so I will treating you well and I know you will treat him very well too right?

 I wish you both happiness.

Thank you for loving my oppa,

Song Ji Hyo”

 

FLASH BACK, 2 A.M earlier today.

  • Annyeonghaseyo – Dong Wook answers the phone half-sleepily
  • Dong Wook ah – Ji Hyo answers softly.
  • Oh, Ji Hyo ah – Dong Wook wide awakes after hearing Ji Hyo voice
  • I want to leave the country for a while. Will you go with me? – Ji Hyo asks
  • Why? – Dong Wook is in big surprise.
  • There are too many things happened lately, I want to have a little space to relax my mind – Ji Hyo answers.
  • If that’s what you want Ji Hyo. My appa has been asking me to go to London to manage the new hotel we just opened there. I have been hesitated to go because I didn’t know if you want to leave the country. So if you want, we can stay in London for a while. – Dong Wook says
  • Let’s do that then. – Ji Hyo replies quickly
  • Are you sure? If we decide to go, we have to stay there at least a year. Are you sure you are ready for that? – Dong Wook concerns.
  • I’m sure Dong Wook ah – Ji Hyo firmly says
  • Did you make up your mind about what your heart wants?
  • My heart always wants you Dong Wook ah. I’m sorry for hurting you the last few days. I was just so confused with the idea of Jong Kook oppa got hurt because of me. But now when he is getting better, my mind is also clearer. It is you that I want all along Dong Wook ah. Let’s start our relationship over in a new place, can we? –Ji Hyo softly says
  • If that’s what you want princess. When do you want to go? – Dong Wook asks
  • In the morning.
  • Are you sure? That is a big rush.
  • I’m sure. I will call home to ask my maid to get my luggage and send it to the hospital for me. You can just pick me up at 7 A.M ok?
  • Sure. I just don’t know if we can find airplane tickets in such a hurry.
  • Don’t worry. I will ask appa to let us use his private airplane. I don’t think it will be a problem.
  • Okay. Let’s do that then. I am getting my luggage ready now. See you soon. Saranghaeyo – Dong Kook whispers in the phone
  • Saranghaeyo. – Ji Hyo says and hangs up the phone.

She then calls her father

  • Appa – Ji Hyo says
  • Cheong-im? Why are you calling me this time of the day? Do you know what time is it? – Her father says with an irritated voice
  • I’m sorry appa. I know it is late but I have something to talk to you.
  • What do you need to talk that can’t wait until the morning?
  • I’m going to go to London with Dong Wook in the morning appa.
  • This morning? Really? Why you told me just now? – Her father asks
  • I’m sorry appa. This is a last minute decision.
  • How long are you going to stay there for?
  • One year may be longer.
  • Are you serious? Why? – Her father raises his voice out of surprise
  • Dong Wook’s family just built a hotel over there and Dong Wook needs to help manage it.
  • Shouldn’t you guys get married first before going there together for a year? – Her father concerns
  • There are too many thing happened for us to rush into a wedding now appa. Plus with Jong Kook oppa condition. I just don’t feel right to getting married right away. It’s better to give him sometimes to heal, physically and …. emotionally appa.
  • I understand. You are old enough to decide what best for you. – He slowly says
  • Thank you appa. Since it is such hurry, don’t you mind if you borrow your private plane to go to London.
  • It’s your airplane anyway so just feel free to use it when you need.
  • Thank you appa.
  • Choeing-im ah. Take good care of yourself and Dong Wook ok? Don’t stay there too long, I will miss you – Her father says.
  • Arraso appa. – Ji Hyo answers lovingly

Ji Hyo hangs up the phone with her father Ji Hyo then looks at Jong Kook for a long time. She caresses his face gently and puts some of his messy hair in place.

  • My oppa is so handsome. - She says. - I never had a chance to look at your face carefully like this oppa. It was always you who looked at me while I kept looking at someone else. It must be hard on you oppa ah. I’m sorry for hurting you so much. I’m sorry for leaving you when you are still in this condition but it is best for us oppa ah. Eun Hye ssi is right. I shouldn’t give you hope or leave you hanging. A clear cut will be best for all of us. You deserve a person who can love you wholeheartedly and I can’t be that person oppa ah. I’m sorry oppa but I can’t lie to my heart. It has been hurting so bad the last few days when I can’t talk or see Dong Wook. I know I’m selfish for not be able to love you after all the thing that you done for me. You may hate me for leaving you like this but it’s ok oppa. Please hate me. It will make me feel better… I’m sorry oppa. – A tear rolls out of Ji Hyo eye when she lands a soft kiss on Jong Kook cheek and leaves the room – Goodbye oppa, Please get well soon.

When the door closed, a tear is also rolling out Jong Kook’s closed eye. “Goodbye Ji Hyo” – Jong Kook whispers.

END FLASH BACK

 

  • Eun Hye ah. – The voice pulls Eun Hye out of her thoughts after reading Ji Hyo’s letter.
  • Oppa, are you awake? – Eun Hye happily runs to Jong Kook and hugs him tightly.
  • Be careful Eun Hye ah, I think I have some bone fractures – Jong Kook says weakly but still smiles at Eun Hye.
  • I’m so worry oppa. I’m so happy that you wake up. You have been sleeping for 4 days oppa – Eun Hye says with the tears of happiness
  • I’m sorry for making you worry Eun Hye ah. – Jong Kook softly says.
  • It’s ok oppa. You are well now. That’s the most important things. Let’s me call the doctor to check on you okay? – Eun Hye says and about to leave the room to call the doctor but Jong Kook holds her hand and pull her to the bed to sit next to him.
  • Just wait a little bit Eun Hye ah. I just wanna be alone with you for a little bit. – Jong Wook says
  • Ok oppa – Eun Hye softly answers. – Ji Hyo unnie left the country oppa. – Eun Hye says after a moment of silence.
  • I know. – Jong Kooks says and then pauses for a while - It must have been hard on you Eun Hye. After all the thing I did and hurt you. Why are you still taking care of me Eun Hye ah? – Jong Kook softly asks.
  • Because I love you oppa. I think my heart is resisted to pain since I was in too much pain from loving you for so long oppa. It doesn’t matter what you do. It just can’t hurt me anymore. I’m used to the pain oppa. – Eun Hye brightly says
  • You silly girl! How can you get used to the pain? I’m sorry for broke my promise Eun Hye ah. I promised not hurting you anymore but I ended up hurting you even more. Oppa is bad Eun Hye ah. – Jong Kook gently says
  • Then will be treat me better oppa? – Eun Hye softly asks
  • I will treat you with my best Eun Hye ah. – Jong Kook gently answers while lands a soft kiss on Eun Hye forehead.

Eun Hye takes a month off from her schedule to take care for Jong Kook. She personally prepares meals for him every day. She often sleeps over at the hospital to watch him even he doesn’t want to make her tired. She patiently helps him with his physical therapy since the accident affects his ability to walk for a little while. He sometimes gets angry and yells at her when he’s frustrated from falling down through the physical therapy but she always just smiles and encourages him to continue with the treatment. Jong Kook’s parents are very pleased with Eun Hye who is taking good care of their son. Love is start blossoming in Jong Kook’s heart.

In the other side of the world, two people are also starting their new lives whithout knowing that the storm is still chasing after them ...