Chapter 25 - The suicidal

The heiress's love
  • Annyeonghaseyo – Dong Wook answers the phone half-sleepily. He looks at the phone and it’s 1 A.M. “Who is calling me this time of the day” – he wonders
  • Dong Wook, this is Min Hee’s father. – The man voice over phone sounds very urgent – Is Min Hee still at your hotel? Can you please go check on her? I just received a weird message from her? –The man worriedly asks
  • Ajussi please calm down. What happened? What message did she send you? – Dong Wook starts getting worry.
  • She said something about sorry she can’t take care of me anymore and she can’t bear her heartbroken anymore. Can you please go check on her? – The man begs
  • Arrasso ajussi. I will be right there. – Dong Wook hangs up the phone and rushing to change his clothes.
  • What happened Dong Wook? – Ji Hyo woke up from the noise.
  • It seems like Min Hee is doing something stupid. I have to go check on her – Dong Wook says urgently.
  • Really? Let’s me go with you. – Ji Hyo says while getting dress.

Ji Hyo and Dong Wook drives speedily to the hotel in worry.

  • Min Hee, Are you ok? Open the door! Open the door. – Dong Wook and Ji Hyo scream while knocking loudly on Min Hee’s door. There is no response regardless how many times they call. Dong Wook decides to use his master key to open the door. They are both in shock seeing Min Hee is laying unconsciously on the floor with the sleeping pills are all over the place.
  • Call ambulance. – Dong Wook asks Ji Hyo in urgent.

Dong Wook and Ji Hyo follow the ambulance to the hospital with Min Hee.  

They are waiting in front of the operation room.

  • She passed her critical condition now. It’s lucky that she didn’t take enough pills to affect her life. The doctor just needs to make her throw up all the pills and she will be fine. – The nurse says while giving Dong Wook Min Hee’s belonging. He found a letter with his name on it in Min Hee’s belonging.

" Oppa, When you read this letter, I am probably no longer in this world. Sorry for causing such a ruckus for you the last few days.  I just can’t bear the idea that you are going to marry another woman. Since the first time I saw you oppa, you have always been my prince charming. I promised myself one day I will be your bride. I always has been following you oppa. I watched every drama that you played. I collected all the news about you and looked at it when I was lonely. I always wanted to be closer to you but you had always been so busy with your work. I promised myself to wait for you to settle. I had been waiting patiently for so long oppa but I was in great shock seeing your engagement news. At first I thought it was just arranged marriage seeing the Ji Hyo’s family background. I thought I still have a chance to get you back. I begged my father to interfere with your marriage but he was too afraid of Ji Hyo’s father financial power so I couldn’t do anything. I knew I should take care of it with my own hands. I tried to find you at that time but I was too late. You suddenly went to London without even saying goodbye to me.

 I was so happy when appa sent me here for the assignment. I thought it is God giving us a chance. However, I was in more disappointment when I come here, it seems like your engagement is not just for business purpose. You actually love her. Seeing you taking care of her, protecting her really hurt me so much. You never yelled at me, never angry at me before no matter how spoiled or arrogant I was. But yesterday is the first time I saw you that furious. I know you love her deeply and it hurt me deeply. I know I have no chance to be with you anymore. But oppa, you have been the love of my life. Without you, my life is meaningless. I can’t find the purpose to continue living any more. I can’t bear seeing you marry a woman that isn’t me. Only dead can release the pain in my heart.

I hope you will be happy oppa,

Sarandhaeyo

Kim Min Hee.”

 

Both Dong Wook and Ji Hyo hearts feel heavy after reading the letter. They feel responsible her Min Hee’s suicide attempt.

  • Is it my fault that she being like that? – Ji Hyo weakly asks Dong Wook
  • It’s not your fault honey. I was too harsh on her … - Dong Wook says with a low voice
  • It’s late. You should go home and sleep. I will stay here tonight to make sure Min Hee is ok. – Dong Wooks sugguests
  • I want to stay with you. I want to see her ok too. – Ji Hyo insists
  • It’s ok yeobo. It has been a tough day for you. Just go home first and bring change clothes for me tomorrow. Can you? – Dong Wook softly says why holding Ji Hyo’s shoulder.
  • Ok, but please let me know if anything happens ok? – Ji Hyo lands a soft kiss on Dong Wook forehead before leaving.

Dong Wook stays behind and sitting on the hospital chair by himself. There is so many thoughts come to his mind. He covers his face with his hands trying to figure out how he should face Min Hee when she wakes up. He always knows that Min Hee has feeling for him but he always tried to avoid it. To him, he had never thought of Min Hee as a woman. She is just like his little sister. He cherished and took care of her as a family member but never in his heard, he thought of her as a girlfriend. He feels responsible for her suicidal but he doesn’t know how to make up for her because he already has Ji Hyo and leaving Ji Hyo will never be an option. He can’t live without Ji Hyo. “What should I do? What should I do?” – That question keeps running through Dong Wook head.

  • She awakes. – A nurse calls Dong Wook
  • Really? Thank you. – Dong Wook says and runs to Min Hee room.
  • Oppa … - Min Hee says weakly when she sees Dong Wook.
  • Are you ok? – Dong Wook asks in worry.
  • Where am I oppa?
  • You are in the hospital. Why did you do something silly like that Min Hee? Oppa really worried. – Dong Wook says with a concern voice
  • I’m sorry oppa. It’s just hurt me so much seeing you with her. I just don’t wanna live anymore oppa – Min Hee starts crying leaving Dong Wook speechless. He doesn’t know what should he says to her to not hurt her. – Oppa please don’t leave me here alone oppa. I’m scared – Min Hee keeps on sobbing while holding tightly on Dong Wook ‘s hands.
  • Arasso. Oppa will stay here with you tonight. Just sleep well now. You must be tired – Dong Wook says softly.
  • You promise you not leaving? – Min Hee asks
  • I promise. – Dong Wook smiles nicely at Min Hee. She falls back to sleep with a smile on her face leaving Dong Wook sleepless through the night trying to figure out what he should do next.

At home, Ji Hyo also can’t go back to sleep. She keeps thinking about Dong Wook and Min Hee. She feels like she is the reason that Min Hee committed suicide. She is laying alone in their dark room. The bed feels so big tonight; she reaches for the empty space next to her where Dong Wook hugged her to sleep every night. She still can smell Dong Wook’s sent, the manly and familiar scent. Her heart is suddenly in pain. She also doesn’t know how she should react to the situation. She just feels so sad; tears suddenly come out of her eyes. It has been so long since she last cried …