Chapter 30 - Their Happy Ending

The heiress's love

Dong Wook is deeply unconscious and in surgery to take out the bullet which is located very close to his heart. In his dream, he is in his 6 years old body. He is running in a green field

  • Dong Wook ah. – A little girl cheerfully calls for Dong Wook.
  • Oh Seong-im ah, catch me if you can – He joyfully answers the girl.

They are both laughing and chasing each other on the hills.

  • Hey kids, time to go home. – A beautiful woman gently calls for them. She and Ji Hyo looks really alike and Dong Wook realizes she is Ji Hyo’s mother.
  • Omma, can I play with Dong Wook a little more – Ji Hyo kittenishly says
  • No, you two played all day already. Dong Wook has to go home. – Ji Hyo’s mother says
  • But I don’t want to. Omma, can I marry Dong Wook when I get older so I can be with Dong Wook all the time? – Ji Hyo innocently says while looking at her mother
  • Sure, If Dong Wook wants to marry you. – Her mother says while smiling gently at the 2 adorable them.
  • I want to. I will protect Ji Hyo when I am older too. – Dong Wook confidently says
  • Really? Promise? – Ji Hyo’s mother asks Dong Wook
  • N-ne. I promise. – Dong Wook obediently says
  • Ok, I trust you. You have to always stay by Seong-im side and protect her ok?
  • N-ne – Dong Wook yells proudly.
  • Ok let’s get to the car and go home.
  • N-ne – Ji Hyo and Dong Wook says
  • Take us to Dong Wook’s house please – Her mother asks the driver after setting two kids inside the car
  • Arrasso – The driver answers.

The car drives for a half hour but it just keeps getting further and further in the wood. Ji Hyo’s mother starts getting concern and asks the driver.

  • Ajussi, I think we go the wrong way.

The driver keeps driving without answering her.

  • Ajussi, what happen? Please stop the car. – Her mother keeps asking the driver.
  • I’m sorry Miss. – The car stops in front of an old cabin deep inside the wood. Three big men has been waiting in front of the cabin. They pull Ji Hyo, her mother and Dong Wook out of the car, take them to the cabin, and ties them together.
  • Omma, what happened? I’m scared – Ji Hyo starts crying
  • Shut up! - One of the kidnapper says
  • Don’t be scared Seong-im ah, thing will be ok – Her mother tries to soften her. – What do you want? – Her mother asks the guy.
  • We just want money. When we have the money, we will let you go so just keep quiet.
  • Can you please at least let the 2 kids go? They are just children. I can stay here as your hotage. – Her mother begs.
  • There is no way I let those two go. That boy’s father is rich too. We will get more money with that kid here. Just stay here for tonight. When we receive the money in the morning. We will let all three of you go. – That man says coldly and left the cabin.

When the man left the cabin, Ji Hyo’s mother tries to overhear their conversation.

  • What should we do to them when we get the money? – One man asks
  • Kill them of course. They already see our faces. It will be dangerous to let them live – another man coldly answers.

Ji Hyo’s mother is panic. She knows that they have to escape before they get the ransom or they are all going to die.

  • Why are we getting tied up ajumma? – Dong Wook asks
  • They are bad people trying to hurt us. We have to escape. Dong Wook ah, do you think you can untie ajumma? – Ji Hyo’s mother gently asks.
  • I will try. - Dong Wook says.

After half hour of struggling, Dong Wook is finally able to untie Ji Hyo’s mother. She quickly unties the kids and asks them to be quiet. She walks softly to the front door and the back door to check on the situation. The two guys on the front are highly alert, walking back and forth but the guy on the front seems to be knocked out from the bunch of soju bottles on his table.

  • Let’s go – Ji Hyo’s mother says. I think we can escape from the back but you two have to be really quiet ok? – Ji Hyo’s mother says and the two kids nod quietly.

They sneak through the back door without getting noticed from the drunken guard.

  • From now on, we have to run really fast and quiet ok? – Ji Hyo’s mother says the kids with her two hands hold tightly on Ji Hyo and Dong Wook’s hand. They keep running and running but the wood is too dark for them to see anything. They run without knowing how to get to the main road. Meanwhile, the kidnappers came to check on them, realized that they were gone, and rushly chasing them. It is not easy for a woman to run with two kids on her hand. The kidnapper reaches them in no time.
  • Stay right there or I will shoot. – A kidnapper yells.

Ji Hyo’s mother is in panic but she doesn’t want to give up. She keeps holding tightly on their little hands and run faster. The kidnapper runs out of patient and fires his gun. The gunshot flies straight to Ji Hyo’s mother back. She collapses on the floor.

  • Omma. – Ji Hyo screams with tears
  • Dong Wook ah, take Seong-im and runs. You promised me to protect her right? Run quickly run.
  • Omma, I don’t want to go omma. I want to stay with you. You bleed a lot omma. – Ji Hyo crying.
  • No, Seong-im ah, listen to omma. Run with Dong Wook, quickly. If you love omma, you have to run ok? – Ji Hyo’s mothers tries to convince her with the last breathe that she has. – Run, quickly run.

Dong Wook hold tightly on Ji Hyo’s hand and runs to the wood. Everything is too dark around them. They accidently steps on the loose rock and rolls down the hills.

Meanwhile at Ji Hyo’s patient room

  • Seong-im ah, are you ok? – Her father asks right after seeing her wake up.
  • Where am I appa? Where is Dong Wook? I have to go to Dong Wook. – Ji Hyo panicly says while pulling all the needle and medical equipment out of her hands.
  • Seong-im ah, calm down. Dong Wook surgery is over. He is ICU now. – Her father answers.
  • Is he ok appa?
  • The doctor says the bullet is to close to his heart they were able to take it out but he lost too much blood. He is really weak now. Tonight will be cridical. If he gets through tonight then he will be ok.
  • Let’s me go there appa, please – Ji Hyo cries while falling on the floor.
  • Seong-im ah, calm down. You are really weak too. You need to rest. – Her fathers begs
  • I can’t rest if I’m not with him appa. Please take me there – Ji Hyo keeps on crying
  • Ok, I will take you there- Her father helplessly agree with her.

He carries her to Dong Wook’s room where his parents are sitting in sorrow.

  • Yeobo, please wake up yeobo. I’m here – Ji Hyo holds tightly on Dong Wook’s hand and cries in devastated. Their parents can’t hold their tears seeing Ji Hyo like that.
  • Seong-im ah, you have to rest. We will take care for Dong Wook. – Dong Wook’s mother says try comforting Ji Hyo.
  • I can’t rest. I have to stay here taking care of Dong Wook. He needs me. Right yeobo?
  • It’s ok if you want to stay but let’s sit down first. You are too weak to keep standing. – Dong Wook’s father says while carrying Ji Hyo to the chair.
  • I remembered everything. – Ji Hyo says after a moment of silent.
  • What do you mean? – Ji Hyo’s father asks.
  • About the kidnapping 28 years ago. About omma’s dead. – Ji Hyo says with tears falling from her eyes put everybody in a depressed silent mode.
  • When did you remember that? – Her father asks
  • When Dong Wook rescued me, it’s just like 28 years ago. He held my hand tightly and protected me. But why didn’t we remember any of that before? – Ji Hyo asks
  • The day after that incident, the police send all their force to looking for 3 of you. I was devastated seeing your mother laying dead on the ground but I still had hopes since you two weren’t around. The police searched all over the wood and found you two sleeping on the bottom of the hills covering by bushes. The trees were probably too thick so the kidnappers couldn’t find you. We took you two to the hospital but neither of you can remember what happened after waking up. You couldn’t even recognize each other. The doctor said that the event was a great shock and too painful for young children like you two so your brains try to protect you from emotion scar that’s why you can’t remember anything. The doctor also advice that we should separate you two for a while until your emotion got more stable. That’s why after that event, you two didn’t play with each other anymore. – Her father explains an can’t wait the sorrow in his eyes remembering that sad event
  • He protected me really well that time. When we tripped down the hill, he hold my head really tightly so I won’t get hurt. This time he protected me very well too. I wasn’t hurt at all but him, he … - Ji Hyo burst out of tears again.
  • Ji Hyo ah, calm down. You will get fainted again if you keep crying – Ji Hyo’s father says
  • Appa, abeonim, eomonim, you all must be really tired. Can you go home and rest? I want to stay with Dong Wook alone tonight. – Ji Hyo asks with her weak voice.
  • You are not well yet Seong-im ah. You can’t stay up tonight. – Dong Wook’s mother concerns
  • She is right Seong-im ah, you need to rest – Her father says
  • Please just let me stay with him for tonight. Please! – Tears come out of her eyes again.
  • Arrasso. We will let you stay here tonight but you have to try to sleep a little ok? – Ji Hyo’s father says
  • N-ne. Thank you.

The parents go home, leaving Ji Hyo alone with Dong Wook. She lightly claim to his bed and lay sideway toward him. She caresses his hair, his eyes, his nose, and lands a soft kiss on his lips. She puts her hand over his waist and caresses his stomach.

  • Yeobo, sleep well tonight and wake up tomorrow well and healthy ok? Our wedding is coming soon. There are so many things we need to do. I still havn’t choose my wedding dress yet. Remember when we were in Milan, I pointed to you the wedding dress that I really like? We should go back there and get that dress Dong Wook ah. Oh we can get your tuxedo there too. You love Italian tuxedo right? What flower should we choose for our wedding Dong Wook ah? Let’s go with red rose ok? I love that you always put red rose on my breakfast table. You are so romantic Dong Wook ah. – Ji Hyo’s tears keep falling as she talking – Dong Wook ah, I think you are born to protect me. You protected me when we was 6 and you are still protecting me now. You have to wake up to protect me more in the future ok Dong Wook? I don’t seem to doing well without you Dong Wook ah. I should be well right now to take care of you but why my body is so weak Dong Wook ah. I know I should stay strong but I can’t help crying. Please don’t leave me Dong Wook ah. It has always been you taking care of me. I never had a chance to take care for you. Please wake up so I can take a good care for you Dong Wook ah. – Ji Hyo keeps on crying throughout the night.

 

In Dong Wook dream, he sees Ji Hyo’s mother again. She is in a beautiful white dress with a halo over her head. She smiles brightly at Dong Wook.

  • Dong Wook ah, How are you doing? Thank you for always protecting my precious Seong-im. It must be hard for you. – Ji Hyo’s mother gently says
  • No problem at all eomonim. It’s my pleasure taking care of her. – Dong Wook politely asks
  • You must love her a lot to risk your life for her.
  • N-ne. I love her more than everything, more than myself. As long as she is ok. I don’t mind anything.
  • It’s great hearing that Dong Wook ah. I really am thankful for what you done for my Seong-im. She would be in great danger if you weren’t there.
  • Please don’t mention that but where am I eomonim. Why is it so bright here? Am I in heaven? – Dong Wook asks
  • No, you are in limbo. The middle transaction between life and dead. Your body is not weak enough to die but not strong enough to wake up. Now it is all up to you to pull yourself back to life. Remember what did you promise me? – Ji Hyo’s mother gently asks.
  • N-ne, I promised to protect Ji Hyo for the rest of my life – Dong Wook firmly says.
  • That’s right. So it is time for you to wake up. You have to get well and protect Ji Hyo ok? And please tell her that I love her-  Ji Hyo’s mother says and disappearing in the smoke.
  • Eomonim, eomonim. – Dong Wook keeps calling
  • Dong Wook, are you awake Dong Wook? – Ji Hyo happily asks after hearing Dong Wook’s mumbling. He slowly opens his eyes. The first thing he sees is Ji Hyo crying out of happiness.
  • Why are you crying, silly yeobo? – Dong Wook weakly says while wiping the tears off Ji Hyo’s face
  • I’m so happy Dong Wook ah. You have been sleeping for a week. We are all so worried. – Ji Hyo says with tears still on her eyes.
  • I’m sorry for making you worry yeobo. I’m ok now. – Dong Wook says while caressing Ji Hyo hair.
  • Why did you call eobonim earlier yeobo? – Ji Hyo asks
  • I met your mom in my dream. She was very beautiful just like you. She told me to wake up to protect you and she asked me to tell you that she loves you. – Dong Wook gently says.
  • Really? So you remember our past too? – Ji Hyo curious.
  • Yes, I’m. That incident and everything. I can’t believe that I have been forgetting our precious memory together.
  • Me too but we are together now. It’s all that matters. – Ji Hyo happily says while landing a soft kiss on Dong Wook’s lips.

 

Dong Wook get releases from the hospital one week later. The wedding still happens in Jejudo as planned. The whole resort was decorated with red roses. They hired the best wedding planners from America to plan their dream event. Their wedding is more beautiful than in any fairy tales. The wedding ceremony is on the beach as they wished with the witnessing of thousands of guest. The wedding happens for 3 days with plenty of activities to entertain their guests. Yoo Jae Suk is the M.C for their wedding. Kim Jong Kook, Haha and Gary all sing for their wedding.  All running man staff and cast stay in the resort for the whole 3 days to celebrate the wedding.

(Their Wedding)

Dong Wook father wins the election and becomes to president. Ji Hyo and Dong Wook decide to live outside of the Blue house. Dong Wook focuses on the political career while Ji Hyo manage the business for her father company and also Dong Wook company with the help of Dong Wook’s younger sister. They have a daughter after a first year a married. They named her Lee Ae-young which means love. Twelve years later, Dong Wook wins the election and become that first celebrity president of Korea. Ji Hyo’s father company and Dong Wook’s father family merge to one with Ji Hyo is chairwoman. There life can be tired and stressful outside but when they go home, they left all the stress out the door and be happy together. Their house is always full of happiness and laughter. 

(Lee Dong Wook, Song Ji Hyo, and their daughter)

Hi everybody, this is my last chapter. I hope you all enjoy it. Thank you very much for supporting me through my whole writing journey. I am working on my new FanFic staring Spartace and Kim Dong Jun of ZE:A. You can read it in the link below. Thank you ^_^

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1005541