Chapter 10 - When the truth comes out ...

The heiress's love

The cooking battle is end with the lost on their side but both Ji Hyo and Dong Wook doesn’t really mind about it. They had a wonderful day together that is all it matters. Even though Ji Hyo had fun with Dong Wook but she doesn’t forget today is her 100 days anniversary with Ju Ji-hoon. She rushes out of the filming room with the crab stew that she and Dong Wook just made in her hand. She knows that Ji-hoon is filming his drama in this SBS building as well so she plans to bring the stew to him as a gift for their 100 days together. The staff points her to the dressing room where Ju Ji-hoon is supposed to rest while waiting for the next scene. She is excitedly walking to the room but suddenly stops when she hears a girl voice come from his room. She sneaks her eye through the door and got frozen when she sees the girl voice is from Ga In – the famous y singer who is sitting on Ju Ji-hoon laps inside the room

  • Jajiga, I think you are spent too much time with her lately ok? – Ga In says with a jealous tone
  • What are you talking about? I still spend more time with you than with her. I may be with her at day time, but at night, I’m still on the bed with you honey – Ju Ji-hoon says while cuddling Ga In
  • You better not fall for her. Remember to stick to the plan ok? I will kill you if you leave me
  • Come on, honey. We are in it together. This is not the first time. Why are you jealous now?
  • She is innocent, sweet, and pretty. Totally your style, how can I’m not jealous?
  • Remember the time you date the heir of Sam Sung corp? He is totally your style too. Handsome, gentle man, and have a lot of money but I didn’t get jealous and still supported you. So why are you like this now?
  • I don’t know. The way you treat her just too nice and sweat. It makes me worry.
  • It’s all for the big plan honey. Once I get my hand on her father’s massive asset. I will kick her out and bring you in. People like us need secure financial. Do you think we will be famous forever? Once the new faces come out, they will kick us out without any remorse. We have to plan for our future

Ji Hyo can’t believe what she is hearing. How can he know about her father’s wealth? Does he know who she really is? Are they in the plot together? All that questions keep popping up in her head. She really wants to kick that door open and screams at them but she is to shock to move.

  • I know but I just don’t feel good about this oppa, I just want you now. I got a large sum of money after my relationship with that heir. We can live happily for the rest of our lives.
  • I did too much to give up now Ga In ah. I begin this plan 2 years ago and had waited for too long. I am too close now to give up.
  • What you mean 2 years ago? – Ga In asks in surprise
  • I knew she is the heiress of Cheon Corp. 2 years ago from a hyung I know who work in her house. They are a really private family so not a lot of people know her. Luckily he worked closely with her schedule so he let me know when she went to New York 2 years ago. I knew it was the one in a thousand years chance to get close to her since she was always with her body guard when she was in Korea. It was too hard to come close to her. That’s why I decided to go to New York and followed her closely. I hired the gangsters to set up the robbery so I can be the hero that rescued her. I know girl always fell for thing like that. But it was unexpected that police showed up too fast and they seemed to suspect me so I had to flee away before having a chance to get close to her. I patiently waited for 2 years and God final on my side when she got into the fight with her dad and moved out. My hyung told me about that right away so I set the people following her and knew she would move to the apartment that she is living now soon so I moved there right before she did to get close to her. Just like I planned, she fell for me right away. I think she will take me to see his father soon. Just be a little bit more patient honey, it will end soon– Ju Ji-hoon says while laughing hard at his so called genius plan.

Ji Hyo just can’t bear the shock any more. All the things that she thought she knew about Ju JI-hoon is all fake. Her star now is just a piece of dust. Even the hero that rescued her two years ago from the gangsters is also just a character in his well-planned drama. The man that he has been loving the last 2 years is never exist from the first place. He came to her with bad intention in the beginning. All he ever wanted is just money. She just can’t accept the truth that all the sweet things that he did for her are all parts of the plan. Has he ever really in love with her? She guarded her heart to save a space for him. She left her sweet royal home to be close to him. She went through so much to love him but this is what she got? Her heart is broken to thousands of pieces. It aches so much that she thought she is having a heart attack. Her tears just keep falling out of her eyes uncontrollably. 

She unknowingly drops the crab stew to the floor and runaway with the tears on her eyes. Everything just so blurry, she can’t see anything because of all the tears. She bumps into a man and she can’t even realize that is Lee Dong Wook.

  • Are you ok Ji Hyo? – Dong Wook asks in worry seeing her condition.
  • It hurts so bad, hurts so bad Dong Wook ah – Ji Hyo keeps crying while Dong Wook is holding her shoulders.
  • Let’s go Ji Hyo ah. There are a lot people around here. It won’t be good if they see you crying. – Dong Wook says when he sees people start looking at them.
  • I can’t even walk anymore; my legs are too weak to move now. – Ji Hyo says with tears on her eyes while sitting on the floor of SBS’s lobby.
  • Then I will carry you – Dong Wook puts Ji Hyo on his back and piggybacks her to his car while everybody is looking at them with surprised eyes.
  • Where do you want to go Ji Hyo ah? – Dong Wook asks Ji Hyo after putting her in his car and fasten the seatbelt for her.
  • Please take me to somewhere far. Just not here. I can’t stand this sight anymore. Please take me to somewhere, anywhere that is peaceful.
  • I know just a perfect place for that.

Lee Dong Wook drives Ji Hyo for a half hour. She stops crying now but her eyes still look so sad. She didn’t even say a single word and keeps looking outside of the windows with a thousand thoughts in her mind. Looking at her like that make Dong Wook’s heart aches badly. He wants to ask her what happened but he knows she needs a little time to calm herself down first. “That girl, used to be cheerful and happy all the time, what happened to turn her to be like that” – Dong Wook keeps wonder. They arrive at a private airport after half hour drive.

  • What are we doing here? – Ji Hyo finally speaks up.
  • To go to somewhere peaceful – Dong Wook says while smiling at Ji Hyo. – let’s go

Dong Wook leads Ji Hyo to an expensive looking helicopter.

  • Hope in – he says why holding Ji Hyo hands to help her get in the passenger side of the helicopter.
  • Why? – Ji Hyo asks in confuse
  • Let’s go to Jejudo.
  • How? Who will control the helicopter? – Ji Hyo keeps on asking
  • Me  – Dong Wook calmly says
  • Are you serious? – Ji Hyo asks with her eyes wide open
  • Of course, I learned driving the helicopter since I was 18. Trust me – Dong Kooks winks at Ji Hyo while helping her wearing the headset and buckle her seatbelt. Ji Hyo is still confused but decides to go with follow Dong Wook’s lead.
  • When I’m sad or upset, I like to drive the helicopter around because no one can bother me when I’m on the sky, you know? And when I look down, everything just so tiny, all the things that upset me becomes tiny too. It feels like I can drop all my sadness and anger down to the ground.  – Dong Wooks says while the helicopter is up pretty high from the ground
  • I can feel what you say. The city looks just so small now. I always enjoy high places.
  • You can sleep if you are tired. I will wake you up when we are there.
  • No, I’m fine. I want to enjoy the view a little more. I have been so busy lately to enjoy the view like this. Thank you Dong Wook ah. You don’t have to go through all the trouble for me. It must be expensive to rent a helicopter like this.
  • I didn’t rent it. It belongs to my family so it is not a bother at all.
  • Really? You must from a chaebol family. I didn’t know that
  • There is a lot thing that you don’t know about me but you can always ask. I’m an open book you know? – Dong Wook smiles.
  • Even if I ask, will you answer it honestly? – Ji Hyo asks with a sad voice.
  • For you, always just the truth Ji Hyo ah. Don’t you trust me? – Dong Wook answers softly
  • It’s not that I don’t trust you. I just loose trust in people in general. There are too much lies in a day for me. – Ji Hyo answers sadly.
  • It’s ok Ji Hyo ah. You don’t have to believe in what I say but I will trust tell you the truth and only truth. – Dong Wook answer Ji Hyo firmly
  • Thank you Dong Wook.

They keep quiet on the rest of the flight. Ji Hyo keeps looking down to the ground and Dong Wook keeps looking at the devastated Ji Hyo.