Chapter 12 - Jejudo love on - part 2

The heiress's love

The gentle morning sunlight slyly sneaks through the window and wakes Ji Hyo up from her heavy sleep. She feels like her head is about to explode from all the liquor last night. She barely remembers what happened and keeps massaging her forehead to ease the headache.

  •  Knock, knock, wake up yet Ji Hyo?- Dong Wook asks from outside of Ji Hyo’s bedroom door.
  • N-ne – Ji Hyo answers
  • Can I come in? – Dong Wook asks
  • Su..re – Ji Hyo hestitatedly answers since she is not in her best shape after a drunken night.

Ji Hyo is surprised when Dong Wook walks into her room with a small table of breakfast. There is a beautiful rose lays on the side of the table with a cup of smoking coffee, a sunrise eggs with sausage and some French toast. It’s just like in the romantic movie scenes that she always watches where the man prepares a romantic bed breakfast for his woman. It is every woman’s dream to have a breakfast like that. Ji Hyo unconsciously smiles and flustered when Dong Kook puts the breakfast table be front of her while she’s still sitting on the bed.

  • The coffee and food are good to cure your hangover. The rose is just because you are too pretty – Dong Wook says gently while smiling at Ji Hyo
  • It’s really sweet of you Dong Wook ah. – Ji Hyo says shyly
  • Do you feel better? – Dong Wook asks
  • My head is kinda hurt. Did I drink a lot last night? – Ji Hyo asks while massaging her head.
  • No, not much, just the whole refrigerator – Dong Wook teases Ji Hyo
  • Really? I’m sorry.
  • It’s ok. You need release. – Dong Wook gently says while caressing Ji Hyo’s hair

They are smiling shyly at each other but Ji Hyo phone suddenly ring at that moment. Her facial expression changes when she sees the caller ID is Ju Ji-hoon. She presses the hang up button immediately. When she checks her phone, there are 25 miscalls from him and 50 messages. They all say how much he worries since she didn’t pick up his phone and didn’t go home last night; he misses her and loves her. If it was yesterday, she would jump out of happiness when receiving that much attention from him, but today, she just smirks sourly when reading those messages.

  • That jerk still has the gut to say those things to me – Ji Hyo says in sour.
  • Just ignore him – Dong Wook says while putting her phone away – tell me, what do you want to do today?
  • I don’t know, I just want to lie in bed. – Ji Hyo weakly says
  • There is no way I am letting you lying in bed in this beautiful day. – Dong Wook says while smiling at Ji Hyo
  • Well, surprise me then.
  • Sure, go head a get ready. I will wait for you in the living room.
  • Ok

Ji hyo comes out after washing up.

  • I don’t have any change clothes. She says.
  • I know. That’s why we are going to the mall now.  I didn’t bring any clothes neither. – Dong Wook says
  • To the mall? Are you sure? What if people see us?
  • So? Are you embarrassed to be seen with me? – Dong Wook teases Ji Hyo
  • Of course not, I just worry that it will cause unnecessary rumors.
  • I don’t care. Let’s go. – Dong Wook says while pulling Ji Hyo’s hand to get out of the room.

They take a cab and going to the mall. They talk and laugh happily while choosing the clothes. They look like a happy newlywed couple.

  • Let’s choose matching hiking clothes – Dong Wook says while looking at sport store.
  • Why? Are we going hiking? – Ji Hyo curiously asks
  • Of course, it will be such a waste if we don’t go hiking in Jejudo, don’t you think?
  • Sure. – Ji Hyo smiles brightly at Dong Wook
  • Let’s choose the blue one. It looks like the outfit we wore in Running Man yesterday don’t you think?
  • Sure, let’s go with it. I love blue.

They choose the couple blue hiking outfit and a few more casual clothes. Dong Wook is being gentleman as always and pay for all the stuffs Ji Hyo picks even though she offers to pay

  • It just what a man is supposed to do – Dong Wook says while happily paying for the clothes.

They enjoy the stroll around the mall, eating ice-cream and watching a movie while the netizen keeps taking picture of them. Both of them don’t seem to care about the flashlight from others’ cellphone toward them. They keep enjoying themselves as they are the only people in the world. After finishing their movie, they go hiking at Hallasan Mountain – one of the most must go tourist attraction. Mount Hallasan is the highest mountain in Korea and a dormant basalt volcano.It takes them a while to hike to the top of that mount but the view is breathtaking. 

The Baengnokdam lake appears beautifully in front of their eyes. It lies lazily in the middle of colorful floral landscape. They chase after each other freely in the middle of the flower hill. When they get tired, they sit down under the big old tree and eat the sandwich that Dong Wook bought earlier. After the light lunch, they lay down in the shade with his arm pillows her head. They turn their body toward each other with their face just inches apart.

  • Am I a bad girl to enjoy myself with another man right after my heartbroken Dong Wook-ah? – Ji Hyo shyly asks
  • No, not at all. We always have the feeling for each other; we just try to hide it. You tried to be a good girl and guard your heart for the man that you loved. It’s just unfortunate that he turns out not the one for you. That’s his lost but my gain. Now you can be with me without feeling guilty. – Dong Wook says gently to Ji Hyo.
  • When did you start liking me?
  • From the first time I see you. You are so pretty and pure when you walked on the beach that day. I just couldn’t get you out of my head.
  • So why didn’t you make a move on me?
  • Because of a promise I made to my parents.
  • What promise?
  • They let me be an actor instead of a politician until I’m 35 but I have to follow their wishes including arrange marriage.
  • Really? What if they want you to married another girl.
  • If it happens, I will just run away with you. Do you know I supposed to go on a blind date last year but my date ran away from her home so I don’t think it will be so bad if I runaway this time.
  • Are you serious? – Ji Hyo asks in surprise – I ran away from home well actually I got kicked out of the house last year because I didn’t want to go to the blind date.
  • For real? – This time Dong Wook is in big surprise – don’t tell me you are the daughter of Cheon Financial Corp.?
  • Yes, I am. My real name is Cheon Seong-im, I just changed my name when I joined showbiz. Don’t tell me you are the son of Lee’s Corp. family. – Ji Hyo says excitedly
  • Yes, I am. Oh my goodness. It is a crazy coincidence. If we went to the blind date that day, we would end up together already. – Dong Wook says happily
  • You are right. It would save me a heartache. – Ji Hyo says with a sad voice.
  • Come on, don’t think like that – Dong Wook says while pulling Ji Hyo’s face lightly toward his eyes – we are together now. This is all that matters. You can see his true face and move on peacefully with your life without any remorse. Don’t you think it’s worth it?
  • Thank you Dong Wook ah, you always know the right things to say. – Ji Hyo says softly while burying her head on his chest.
  • It must be faith that after all the trouble, we still end up together. – He lands a kiss on her lips, a light but long and sweet kiss. She feels like an electronic shock running through her body when his lips touch hers. Their toughs passionately tie with each other. They both lay so closed to each other that they can feel their hearts are jumping toward each other. They only break the kiss when they can’t hold their breath any more. Ji Hyo happily lies next to Dong Wook and takes a light nap. She never feels this peaceful and comfortable before. Even she dated Ju Ji Hoon for 3 months she didn’t have much intimacy as she is with Dong Wook the last two days. She smiles shyly when she hears his heartbeat while falling as sleep. Dong Wook smiles happily at sleeping Ji Hyo while caressing her hair gently.