Chapter 18 - Beginning of the storm

The heiress's love

It is 1 week before Ji Hyo and Dong Wook engagement party. Ji Hyo is at a high-end bridal store to select her engagement dress while Dong Wook is filming the last episode of his drama “Hotel King”.

  • Young Miss, you have a message. Ji Hyo’s security guard gives her the cellphone after she done trying on her first dress.
  • Thank you. - Ji Hyo says while checking her message. The message is from an unknown number and Ji Hyo is in panic when you read the message “Lee Dong Wook is injured at his filming location, please come in asap.” Ji Hyo rushes out of the bridal store with the dress still on her.
  • Drive to Dong Wook’s filming side right now – Ji Hyo yells at her driver in panic. She keeps trying to call the number that texted her as well as Dong Wook but neither of them answers. – Drive faster – She demands the driver. Her hand and feet keep shaking out of worries. In her head right now she only thinks about what happened to Dong Wook. She is praying for nothing serious.
  • Where is Lee Dong Wook – She asks the first person that she sees at the filming side. The man kindly shows her Dong Wook make up room. She runs full speed toward that direction with her long expensive dress keeps dragging on the dirty floor. At the moment, she doesn’t care about the dress being destroyed, she only worries about whether Dong Wook is ok. When she is about to open the door, she sees Dong Wook is still safe and sound fixing his attire. She is so happy and about to jump in to hug Dong Wook but a female figure is suddenly hug him from behind before Ji Hyo can walk in. Ji Hyo can recognize right away that woman is the famous Goddess actress Lee Dae Hee. Ji Hyo suddenly got frozen in her spot and can’t even move her feet.
  • Oppa are you really getting married? – Dae Hee cries when hugging tightly on Dong Wook back.
  • Dae Hee ah, please don’t do this. I have a fiancé now – Dong Wook says while trying to pull her hands out of his waist.
  • Why? Why her? You said that your parents don’t like actresses so why are you getting married with a grade B actress now? I have been waiting for you for 3 years. I thought that your parents will accept us eventually but why? Why are you going to married another woman now? Don’t you remember all the sweet memory that we have together? Don’t you remember all the trips that we take together? Don’t you remember the promise that you won’t give up on us? But why now? Why oppa? I never gave up on you but why you gave up on me? – Dae Hee keeps on crying and screaming while hugging tighter on Dong Wook back.

Dong Wook feels a little bit weak in his heart when seeing the woman that he used to love is crying devastatedly in front of him. He doesn’t want to hurt her but he knows he has to make it clear.

  • Dae Hee ah – Dong Wook says softly while turning Dae Hee toward him – Things are ended between us way before Ji Hyo comes to my life. I did try my best to not give up on us. I tried to fight with my parents to let us be together but my parents weren’t the main reason we broke up Dae Hee ah. You were too hard to understand. I was so tired when you kept getting mad at me for no reason and kept getting jealous over my acting partners. You are in this industry long enough to understand the different between acting and reality but you made me so disappointed.
  • Because I love you too much oppa. I promise I will change in the future ok? Let’s get back together. You and her just dated recently right? We have a history oppa. Let’s give us a chance oppa  – Dae Hee keeps on sobbing.
  • I’m sorry but it is not gonna happen. I have a girlfriend who soon to be my fiancé. I love her more than anything. We shouldn’t be seeing each other anymore after this drama. – Dong Wook firmly says while walking away from Lee Dae Hee.
  • Please don’t leave me oppa. Please. – Dae Hee cries while holding Dong Wook back and land a passionate kiss on his lips. Ji Hyo is devastated and tried to walk away with tears in eyes but Dong Wook’s manager stops her.
  • Ji Hyo ssi, what are you doing here? – Dong Wook’s manager asks.

Dong Wook pushes Dae Hee away and runs to the door when he heard someone call Ji Hyo name.

  • Yeobo, what are you doing here? – Dong Wook calls Ji Hyo who is still trying to walk away. Dong Wook runs after Ji Hyo leaving Lee Dae Hee behind looking at them with and angry glare. “It’s not the end yet” – she whispers.
  • Yeobo, listen to me. – Dong Wook calls while catching Ji Hyo hand and pulling her in his arms. – It was just misunderstanding yeobo. Please don’t run away from me. – Dong Wook says softly while Ji Hyo is still keeping quiet and sobbing in his arms. – Yeobo, she is just the past, I’m sorry to let you witness that scene. I didn’t mean for it to happen. – Dong Wook desperately explains
  • I know you didn’t mean for it to happen. I’m not sad about. I’m just sad that you didn’t tell me your ex-girlfriend is the Goddess Lee Dae Hee and you two are filming together. – Ji Hyo breaks out in tears.
  • I’m sorry for not telling you that yeobo. I just don’t want unnecessary jealousy to happen if you know she is my ex. Plus I started this drama before we even dating so I didn’t think it would affect us. But doesn’t matter what the reason is, I was wrong for making you cry yeobo. I’m so sorry ok? Please don’t cry. It hurts me so much seeing you like this – Dong Wook says with a sad voice.
  • Are you sure thing is over between you two? I can see she still has lingered feeling toward you. – Ji Hyo asks
  • I can ensure you, thing is totally over between us. It doesn’t matter if she still has feeling for me but I only have my feeling for you. You have to trust me Ji Hyo ah – Dong Wook desperately explains.
  • I trust you. I just don’t trust her. She is such a goddess and you two are still filming together. How can I’m not worry?
  • Ji Hyo ah, appearance is not everything. She may have a goddess face but she doesn’t have a goddess heart as you. I love you because of you are pure, innocent and kind heart. No Goddess can ever compare to you Ji Hyo ah – Dong Wook says while landing a soft kiss on Ji Hyo forehead. She seems to become calmer after his loving words and caring gesture.
  • I’m sorry for getting mad at you yeobo. I should trust you as you trusted me – Ji Hyo apologizes.
  • It’s ok. Of course you would act like that when you see another girl kiss your boyfriend. I’m happy that you are actually jealous. It’s mean you love me more right yeobo? – Dong Wook smiles and teases Ji Hyo.
  • Yahhh. In your dream. – Ji hyo pretends to get mad.
  • But yeobo. Why are you coming here with your formal dress which looks amazing on you by the way? – Dong Wook asks.
  • Oh, right, are you ok? – Ji Hyo asks with concerns
  • Why you ask that? Of course I’m ok.  – Dong Wook is confused.
  • Well I received a message saying that you were injured while filming. That’s why I’m rushing here while still trying on my engagement dress – Ji Hyo says while showing Dong Wook the message that she received.
  • That’s odd. There was nothing happened to me. And it’s way too much of coincidence when you come right at the moment Dae Hee and I talked. It seems like someone to try to mess with our relationship – Dong Wook says with suspicious in his head.
  • By someone, you mean ….? – Ji Hyo asks
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Dae Hee who is behind this. She even went to my filming site before and forewarned my acting partner for flirting with me. She is a very unpredictable woman. That is one of the reason I decided to break up with her. Ji Hyo ah, for now just try to stay away from her ok?  - Dong Wook says while looking at Ji Hyo eyes.
  • I will. You too. You better stay away from her or I will lock you up at home. – Ji Hyo says with a sulking voice.
  • Haha, what will you do to me when you lock me at home? Naughty thing? – Dong Wook teases Ji Hyo
  • Yahh. In your dream. You dirty head. – Ji Hyo screams with her face turning red
  •  Just kidding yeobo. I will stay away from but please let me at least finishing my filming today ok? It is my last day of filming anyway. – Dong Wook begs Ji Hyo with his puppy eyes.
  • Ok, but I will stay here and supervise. Is it ok? – Ji Hyo says
  • Sure, I have no problem with that. We can have dinner together after the filming too. – Dong Wook happily answers.

As specially request from Dong Wook, Ji Hyo has a chair right next to the director and watches the rest of the filming. Seeing Ji Hyo on the chair, Dae Hee tries to act even more intimate toward Dong Wook to kick up Ji Hyo’s jealousy. She keeps touching and holding on Dong Wook even when he keeps avoiding her. At the final scene, even though there is no kissing mentioned on the scripts but she suddenly land a kiss on Dong Wook lips, putting all the filming crew in surprise especially Ji Hyo. But all that actions just make Ji Hyo looks at Dae Hee with a pathetic eye instead of feeling jealous. At that moment, she understands that kind of girl, the one that doesn’t even care about her own pride and try to steal a man from another woman, is not in her level and does not deserve her jealousy. Ji Hyo just smirks at Dae Hee’s childish action and smiles brightly to Dong Wook every time he looks at her.

At the end of the filming, Ji Hyo invited everybody in the filming crew which is more than 50 people from staffs to actors and actresses including Lee Dae Hee to have dinner at one of the high class restaurant that is owned by her family. Everyone is amazed of how luxurious the restaurant looks. Most of them have never even stepped in a restaurant that is half luxurious as this one in their entire life. The restaurant has the kind of deluxe look that they only can see from the dramas. Everybody is hesitated to order after looking at the menu. The price is high rocket; even the salad costs $50.

  • Please feel free to order anything – Ji Hyo smiles brightly at every body. - This is my treat. I will be upset if any of you leave this restaurant with the half empty stomach. Please order as much as you want.

Everybody is cheering and applauding after hearing that. Dong Wook can’t hide the proud look in his eyes seeing how nice and generous his girlfriend is.

  • Are you sure we can order anything we want unnie? It’s kinda expensive – Dong Wook’s personal stylist asks Ji Hyo again.
  • Sure, especially you. You take really good care of Dong Wook’s style. He looks good in the drama, thanks to you so of course you should order anything you want. – Ji Hyo gently answers the stylist.
  • Thank you unnie, you are not only pretty but also nice and generous. I’m glad Dong Wook oppa fond you or no one can take the picky guy like him – She teases with Dong Wook who is sitting right beside Ji Hyo.
  • Hey, who you say picky? I am one of the most easy going celebrity ok? – Dong Wook teases back.
  • Right, you make me redo the whole hair when you are not happy with one tiny detail. How is it easy going?  - The stylish answers.
  • Wow, is he that picky? – Ji Hyo asks the stylish.
  • Of course he is unnie. I feel bad for you have to handle this old man. – The stylish keeps on teasing and they all just laugh accept Lee Dae Hee who is looking at them with the jealousy eyes. She purposely moves her chair next to Dong Wook make everybody feel very uncomfortable since they all know the history between Dong Wook and Dae Hee. Dae Hee purposely pretends to accidently touch Dong Wook or hold on Dong Wook’s arm. She puts the food on Dong Wook’s dish even though he keeps leaving it aside and taking care of Ji Hyo. When Ji Hyo puts a piece of beef on Dong Wook plate, Dae Hee takes it a way a says:
  • Oppa don’t like beef. He wants to keep a fit body. A fiancé like you should know that – Dae Hee smirks make Ji Hyo face turns red.

Dong Wook takes the piece of beef back and says - I love beef. I am retiring from this industry soon so I don’t need to take care so strictly of my body any more. I know this lady still love me even when I don’t have 6 packs anymore right yeobo? – Dong Wook says while looking loving at Ji Hyo makes she feels so happy knowing him purposely taking her side. Only Dae Hee gets even more bitter when Dong Wook taking Ji Hyo side. “You will regret it” – She thinks in her head.

  • I need to go to the restroom really quick. I be right back ok? – Dong Wook tells Ji Hyo.
  • Ok – Ji Hyo gently says

Dae Hee quickly follows Dong Wook right after he left the chair. Ji Hyo saw that but she decides to let them be. She trusts her man so she ignores Dae Hee and pleasurably continues her conversation with the filming crew.

  • Oppa – Dae Hee calls Dong Wook.
  • What do you want Dae Hee – Dong Wook answers with an unpleasant voice.
  • Why did you take her side over me be front of everybody oppa? It makes me look bad. I’m a famous actress you know? - Dae Hee sulky says
  • If you know that you are a famous actress, you shouldn’t act like that from begin with. Ji Hyo is my fiancé so of course I have to take her side over you. We are nothing any more. Please remember that.- Dong Wook start getting irretated 
  • Oppa how can you treat me like this? You used to love me so much.
  • You right, I used to love you, but not any more, I love her now.
  • She doesn’t deserve you oppa.
  • Stop – Dong Wook starts getting angry. Don’t you dare to say she does not deserve me! You know nothing about her. You better stop interfering with our relationship or you will regret it. – Dong Wook says while staring angrily at her. Dae Hee gets angry and leave the restaurant. Dong Wook comes back to his chair like nothing happened.
  • Where is Dae Hee? – Ji Hyo asks
  • She left, I guess. – Dong Wook calmly says
  • Why? – Ji Hyo concerns.
  • I don’t know but don’t care about her let’s enjoy our dinner. Dong Wook says and smiles at Ji Hyo. They spend the rest of the night pleasantly talking and drinking the filming screw ignoring one person that still hasn’t given up on destroying their relationship.