Chapter 8 - So they are dating

The heiress's love
  • Annyeonghaseyo everybody – Ji Hyo screams out happily while running in the Running Man filming location.
  • Someone is in good mood – Yoo Jae Suk says
  • Are you happy to see me, Monday Girlfriend? – Gary teases Ji Hyo
  • I am in a supper good mood to day. – Ji Hyo brightly says.
  • Did you finally find yourself a boyfriend Miss Mong? – Haha teases.
  • None of your business shorty hahaha. Ji Hyo yells at Haha and everybody just laugh.
  • I can’t wait to tell you what happen oppa – Ji Hyo turns to Jong Kook and whispers in his ears. Her face is so closed to him that make him fluster

Today theme is beauty and the beast. Song Ji Hyo, Kim Jong Kook, and Ji Suk Jin are in one team while Haha and Gary is with Shin Se Kyung and Lee Kwang Soo and Joo Jae Suk is with No Sa Yeon. It is the happiest episode that Jong Kook has since he started Running Man because he can piggy back and be intimate with Ji Hyo all day long. His heart flusters when Ji Hyo rests her chin on his shoulder while waiting to enter the restaurant. She is so closed to him that he can feel her breath on his neck. His heart skips a beat every time she says something, because her voice just gently flows right next to his ear. She even feeds him food and even though the spicy octopus is killing him, his heart is still so happy. Her arms keep hold on to his shoulder so tightly and if she drops her hand a little bit lower, he bets she can feel his lousy heartbeat.

He is so nervous that he keeps failing while carrying her across the pool on the float board. His heart races even crazier when she puts the towels over his shower after he fall into the pool. He can feel that she cares about him more than any other members and it makes him so happy. At the end of the game, he rips off the beast’s name tag and wins the ring. He has been so happy with her the whole day that he can’t control his action and kneel down on her while offering her the beast’s nametag and the gold ring. He knows that to her it may mean nothing, but to him, even just for a moment, he wants to feel accepted by her.

At the end of the filming, Jong Kook looks around to find Ji Hyo but she is nowhere to be found. He decides to walk to his car thinking she already left but his step got frozen when he sees she is talking with another guy and even from afar he still can recognize that handsome figure is Ju Ji-hoon. She is laughing happy while talking to Ji-hoon. Jong Kook can see the stars spark in her eyes when Ji-hoon put her messy hairs behind her ear. His heart sinks to the ground. All the happy moments today just make this moment even harder for him.

  • Jong Kook oppa – Ji Hyo screams out Jong Kook name when she sees him standing afar.
  •  N-ne – Jong Kook hestitately answers
  • What are you doing here? – Ji Hyo asks while walking toward Jong Kook
  • I’m just about to go home.
  • Oh really? Ah oppa, this is Ji-hoon. Have you met him before? – Ji Hyo points at Ji-hoon who is standing next to her.
  • We haven’t met before but of course I know this hallyu star. It’s nice to meet you in person Ji-hoon ssi – Jong Kook offers a handshake
  • Nice to meet you too Jong Kook ssi – Ji-hoon answers while shaking Jong Kook hand firmly.
  • What a big star like you doing here this time of the day? – Jong Kook asks.
  • To fetch my girlfriend home of course. – Ji-hoon answers while smiling at Ji Hyo.

“Did he just call me his girlfriend? Oh-mo, am I his girlfriend now? This drives me crazy” Ji Hyo is flustered and happy with the idea of being official girlfriend of Ju Ji-hoon.

  • Girlfriend? Really? I thought you two just met a few days ago? – Jong Kook can’t hide his frustration.
  • Yes, we just met but we went way back. Isn’t it Ji Hyo? – Ji Hoon turns to Ji Hyo and asks.

Ji Hyo is too flustered and can’t say a world. She just nods shyly. Her face just keeps turning red from happiness. Looking at her like that, Jong Kook can’t help but feel heartbroken.

  • It’s great to hear. You must be happy right Ji Hyo? – Jong Kook tries hide his sadness

Ji Hyo just nods and smiles shyly

  • Ji-hoon ssi, you better not hurt our Ji Hyo, or you will regret it. – Jong Kook says with his eyes arm straight to Ji-hoon
  • Oppa, why do you say thing like that to Ji-hoon oppa – Ji Hyo nags Jong Kook
  • Of course not, how can I hurt this little angel, right Ji Hyo? – Ji-hoon answers gently while smiling at Ji Hyo makes her heart beats like crazy. - Oh well, we better get going, Ji Hyo must be tired.
  • Sure, have a good night – Jong Kook says
  • Good night oppa. – Ji Hyo says while stepping in Ji-hoon’s car

Jong Kook still stands in the parking lot looking at Ji-hoon’s car driving further. “I hope you will be happy princess ah” – He thinks.

At Cheon Corp.’s headquarter president office:

  • Oh Jong Kook, I’m glad you take time to see me. You must be very busy lately.
  • Annyeonghaseyo ajussi, it’s my pleasure to visit you. I’m sorry for haven’t be able to visit you often – Jong Kook politely answers Ji Hyo’s father.
  • How’s is Ji Hyo doing?
  • She is doing well. She gets really popular now.
  • Yeah, I see her often on TV and news. Thank you for taking good care of her Jong Kook ah.
  • My pleasure ahjussi.
  • Did you get the information that I asked for?
  • N-ne. According to the report that my people gather, Ju Ji-hoon seems like a womanizer. He targets heiress and rich woman for money. It seems like his lifestyle right now is paid by a rich married woman.
  • How can Ji Hyo falls in love with that kind of man? – Ji Hyo’s father angrily says
  • He is good looking and he has sweet way of talking to woman. And they are dating now.
  • Who? Ji Hyo and Jun Ji Hoon? – Ji Hyo’s father yells out of anger.
  • N-ne ajussi. Do you plan to do something about that?
  • No
  • Really? – Jong Kook looks at Ji Hyo’s father in surprise. He knows how overprotective and controlling her father is but now he plans to do nothing when his daughter may get hurt
  • It is time for her to grow up. In the future, she will be the one that control this entire cooperation. Thousands of people’s live will depend on her. She has to go through hardship, experiences the cruel side of this society in order to get stronger. She will never learn if I keep protecting her. That poor little innocent girl, life will be rough for her from now on – Ji Hyo’s father sighs in worry.
  • I understand. – Jong Kook says – can I ask you one question ajussi?
  • Sure.
  • Have you ever consider me as a candidate for Ji Hyo’s future husband? – Jong Kook asks with all his courage.

Ji Hyo’s father looks at Jong Kook a while and says:

  • Jong Kook ah, I know you are a nice man. You always take good care of Ji Hyo since she was kid and I always know that you have a special feeling for her but you are just not the one. Ji Hyo will need a husband with power in order to keep her in a good position. You know how brutal this business world is. Do you think she will be able to handle it by herself when I’m gone? I have to choose the best for her Jong Kook ah.
  • But what if her husband doesn’t treat her well?
  • Don’t worry. He will treat her well. He is a good young man and they went way back.
  • Really? Who he is? I didn’t know that Ji Hyo knew another man beside me and Gary.
  • You will know when the time comes.  Just keep watching over Ji Hyo for now. Thank you Jong Kook ah. – Ji Hyo’s father says while looking down at the view outside his office.