Chapter 4 - The cruel reality

The heiress's love
  • Annyeonghaseyo – Song Ji Hyo answers her phone half sleepily
  • Wake up princess – it is Jong Kook on the line
  • N-ne oppa, why are you calling me so early?
  • You said you want to see sunrise at Seongsan Ilchulbong right?
  • Yeah, I forgot about that? Are we going now? – She screams excitedly
  • Yes – Jong Kook answers while smiling “it’s so cute that she is always excited about normal little thing” Jong Kook thinks to himself.
  • But are you here already oppa? –
  • Yeah, I’m almost there so just get ready. We will leave soon to catch the sunrise
  • Ok oppa – she excitedly jumps out of the bed and get into her hiking gear.

“knock, knock” – there is someone knock on Ji Hyo door. “That was fast” – Ji Hyo says to herself thinking how fast Jong Kook is since he just called her 10 minutes ago.

  • N-ne, I will be right there. – Ji Hyo opens the door and is surprised that the one in front of her door is not Jong Kook but Lee Dong Wook.
  • Good morning, Song Ji Hyo-ssi – Dong Wook greets her brightly
  • Oh … N-ne … why are you here? – Ji Hyo asks in confused
  • I heard that if you come to Jejudo, you have to go to Seongsan Ilchulbong to watch sunrise. I just wonder if you want to join me.
  • Oh, actually, my friend did ask me to go too and he is on his way here
  • Really? Your boyfriend?
  • Annoy, just a closed childhood friend of mine.
  • Then your friend has to be hurry up then because if we don’t leave now, we will miss the sunrise.
  • Oh, really? I don’t want to miss the sunrise. I haven’t been here for a long time. – Ji Hyo concerns.
  • How about this, we can go first and you can tell your friend to meet us up there.
  • Can we do that? I don’t want to bother you though.
  • What so bother about that? I want to go with you; it will be so boring to hike all the way up there alone. – Dong Wook convinces while smiling at Jihyo.
  • N-ne – for some reason, she just can’t say no to his gorgeous smile.

“oppa, I will go with Lee Dong Wook to the Seongsan Ilchulbong first, can you meet us there, I think we will miss the sunrise if I keep waiting for you. Thank you oppa” she sent the message to Kim Jong Kook before leaving the room with Lee Dong Wook. Jong Kook was smiling excitedly thinking about watching beautiful sunrise with Ji Hyo, but his facial expression totally changed after receiving Ji Hyo’s message? “Lee Dong Wook? How she know Dong Wook? Why is she going hiking with him”? A thousand questions just keep popping up in his head. The unknown jealousy and anger keep building up .He drives full speed to Seongsan Ilchulbong since he can’t stand the idea of Ji Hyo being a long with another man especially he is the most desirable man of South Korea.

Meanwhile in Seongsan Ilchulbong, Song Ji Hyo and Lee Dong Wook is half way up to the peak. Song Ji Hyo suddenly fails down from stepping on a loose rock.

  • Are you ok? – Dong Wook askes her in worry while trying to rub her ankle.
  • I’m ok. It’s just hurt a little bit. – Ji Hyo answers in pain
  • Should we come back down? – Dong Wook concerns
  • I really want to watch sunrise, but I guess we have no choice… - Ji Hyo answers with a sad tone.
  • We always have a choice. Let’s continue. – Dong Wook answers her brightly.
  • I don’t think I can keep hiking Kim Dong Wook-ssi
  • Who said you have too? I will piggy back you up there.
  • No, I can’t let you do that. We still have more than half way to go.
  • I really want to see sunrise too. Can you please just let me piggy back you up there. I may look like this but I am pretty strong you know? – Dong Wook smiles at her.
  • Are you sure? - Ji Hyo knows that she cannot say no to this man anymore.
  • Of course I’m sure. – Dong Wook answers confidently

Lee Dong Wook happily carries Song Ji Hyo to the peak.

  • Am I too heavy? – Ji Hyo concerns
  • No way. You are light like a feather. – Dong Wook answers happily- this is first time I carry a girl that not because of the drama script you know?
  • Jjinja? – Ji Hyo smiles shyly. She just suddenly feels happy hearing that. The tone of his voice just makes her feel so special.

They chat happily until reaching the peak. The sun just rises right on the moment they sit down.

  • It’s so beautiful. – Ji Hyo is amazed by the beauty of sunrise.

Dong Wook is quietly smiling while observing her beautiful face instead of the sunrise. With the soft morning sunlight reflects on her beautiful face, she just looks so dreamy, so pretty, like an angel under the embrace of the sun.

  • You should make a wish. They said that your wish will come true if you make it while watching sunrise you know? – Dong Wook tells Ji Hyo.
  • Really? Then you should make a wish too.
  • Should I?

“I wish the time will stop right at this moment” – they both wishing inside their head.

  • Song Ji Hyo – Jong Kook breaks their romantic moment since he can’t stand watching them being so closed in this passionate atmosphere anymore. He has been standing behind them for 30 minutes but they were too into each other to realize his existence. 
  • Oh opa – Ji Hyo answers in surprised - When did you get here?
  • Just a few minutes ago – Jong Kook lies, trying to hide his disappointment.
  • Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jong Kook ssi, nice to meet you. – Lee Dong Wook greets Kim Jong Kook while offering shaking his hand
  • N-ne, nice to meet you too Lee Dong Wook ssi. – Jong Kook answers while shaking Dong Wook hand.
  • So is he your childhood friend? Dong Wook turns to Ji Hyo and asks.
  • Yes, he is. – Ji Hyo answers
  • How you guys know each other? - Jong Kook asks
  • Just yesterday, we bumped into each other while walking on the beach then we had dinner together last night – Ji Hyo explains.
  • I didn’t know you can get close with man this easy Ji Hyo – Jong Kook can’t hide his jealous tone
  • I know right? I’m surprised with myself too. It was always hard for me to get close to other people. But Dong Wook ssi just a very easy going and friendly person. I feel like I can get close to him very easily. – She says innocently while looking at Dong Wook without even realizing Jong Kook jealousy tone.
  • Should we come down now? We need to get ready for the filming. – Jong Kook asks to distract Ji Hyo attention.
  • Oh sure we should – Ji Hyo says
  • Can you walk? Should I carry you down? – Dong Wook asks Ji Hyo in concern.
  • Why can’t you walk? Are you ok? – Jong Kook freaks out to hear something wrong with Ji Hyo
  • Calm down oppa, nothing wrong with me. I just steps on the loose rock and hurt my ankle a bit.
  • Should oppa carry you down? – Jong Kook asks
  • No, Dong Wook ssi massage my ankle earlier so I feel better now. I can walk down by myself. Don’t worry oppa.

“Massage, hiking, dinner, piggy back? Just what the hell you two did when I was not around?” Jong Kook really wants to bust out that question to those two but he knows that they have to work with each other in the next 3 days so he tries to calm himself and act professionally to avoid any awkward moment. Plus he knows that he is in no place to integrate Ji Hyo’s private life. After all, he is just a brother to her. That thought saddens Jong Kook and he walks quietly behind those two. He feels like an unnecessary third wheel keeps following a couple date.

 

“One, two, three, action” – the director yells. This is the first scene in the MV where Song Ji Hyo supposes to run happily with bare feet on the white sand toward Lee Dong Wook. Doong Wook is waiting with his arms open on the other side. Ji Hyo starts her run with a genius pretty smile towards Dong Wook but she suddenly falls down and blood starts running out uncontrollably under her feet. Everybody freaks out, both Jong Kook and Dong Wook run toward Ji Hyo but Dong Wook reaches her first. He checks her feet and yell at the staff to get the first aid.

  • Are you ok? - Dong Wook asks in worry.
  • It’s hurt a bit but I’m ok. – Ji Hyo replies with a low voice
  • How can you be ok when you bleed so much like this? - Dong Wook yells with concerns. He carries her in his arm to the shade without realizing that everybody is staring at them in surprise. Kim Jong Kook just freezes in one space as he can’t even believe to see that Lee Dong Wook who is well known for his cold attitude toward woman is caring so much for Ji Hyo like that.
  • What happen? I already told you guy to check for any sharp object before filming, how can this happen? – the director yells at the whole staff
  • I don’t know sir; I really did check the whole path 30 minutes before the filming start and it was perfectly clean. I really don’t know how it can happen. – One of the staff speaks up.

Everybody is concerning and worrying about what happens, only one person the group lower her head and smile secretly.

  • I guess we have to cancel today filming – Jong Kook says
  • No, please don’t – Ji Hyo objects immediately while everybody looks at her in surprised.
  • How can you filming with your feet like that, are you crazy? – Jong Kook yells at her be front of the staff.
  • It’s ok oppa. I still can run with the tip of my feet. I was in ballet before, I learned how to support my step with just the tip of my toes, don’t worry oppa. We only have 3 days and everybody worked hard to repair for the set. I don’t want everybody efforts are wasted because of me. – Ji Hyo says

All the staff is surprised and amazed how responsible she is. Even though Jong Kook doesn’t want to let her continues the shoot but he knows that Ji Hyo won’t easily change her mind when she already made the decision.

  • Ok, let start over then. – The director says.

They resume the set. Ji Hyo runs happily toward Dong Wook but everybody can feel how painful it is to run with the bottom of your feet just be stabbed like that. Dong Wook can’t stand seeing her trying to endure the pain with the happy face like that anymore. He just run toward her instead of staying at the spot with the open arms as scripted. The director is surprised by Dong Wook out of script action but he can feel the good chemistry between those two while running toward each other so he records it as is. Dong Wook and Ji Hyo meet each other in the middle and he holds her in her waste as lifting her whole body up while turning her around. They are both laughing happily under the beautiful sun of Jejudo.

The director is extremely happy about the scene, only Jong Kook face starts turning dark from witnessing the loving scene of those two. He keeps telling himself that those two are just acting their part but he can feel some realistic atmosphere in their act. It is either they are both very good actors or they are in love with each other but he quickly crashing the second idea. “There is no way she can be in love with him that quickly”. Jong Kook keeps convincing himself. 

The first scene was done better than they expect. Ji Hyo has to come inside to change into her one piece swimsuit only found down that someone already messed her swimsuit but cutting holes all over the swimsuit. She is so surprised and sad to see that. Someone is definitely after her and she can feel that. It is the first time in her life experiencing this kind of treatment. Now she knows Jong Kook is right. She has been living under her father protection for too long. Her father never lets anyone harm her or anything unfair happens to her. She just realizes how lucky her life was but now she has to deal with reality where hatress can be put in action and just because she doesn’t harm anyone, doesn’t mean that no one will harm her. She still tries to buzzling the reason why someone can do it to her but she just can’t find the reason. She is just so confused and depressed that she doesn’t realized that she has been sitting on the floor for an hour without moving.  Dong Wook and Jong Kook come look for her after waiting for too long. They concern that her wound may be too unbearable for her to walk.  After finding her sitting on the floor of the dressing room, they both hurrily run toward her.

  • Are you ok? – both men ask

She is too depressed to say anything and just points to the swimsuit. Dong Wook and Jong Kook start realizing what happens.

  • Who the hell did this? – Jong Kook yells out of anger. He runs toward the staff and yelling at them about what happen to her swimsuit but no one has any idea.

While the room just has Dong Wook and Ji Hyo left, Dong Wook softly whispers at Jihyo:

  • It will be ok.
  • Why people hate me? Ji Hyo asks with a low depressed voice.
  • It is not necessary that they hate you but more like they jealous of you. This world is pretty cruel you know. There are so many talents but too little space to star so jealousy is something that unavoidable in this industry. Do you know when I first start my career, one time my face suddenly turned totally red in the middle of the filming and I had to go to the hospital when it looked to severe. The Dr said that there was some kind of poison in my makeup. We filed the matter with the police and they found out that the culprit was my former manager; he wanted to be an actor too and had been trainee for years but still couldn’t make the debut so he was jealous of me who got debut just after 2 months as trainee. That was why he did it to me.
  • Really? – Ji Hyo asks in surprise
  • Of course. This world is really cruel and dangerous so you have to be brave and strong, don’t let those things get into you. If you show your weakness and give up, it means the culprit successes. You don’t want it happen, do you?
  • Of course not. – Ji Hyo answers in confident. She suddenly comes back to her sense. “He is wright. Now I am by myself, appa is no longer by my side to protect me, I have to be strong to protect myself I cannot make Jong Kook oppa or anyone worry about me”. Ji Hyo suddenly stands up and walks toward the swimsuit with the scissors in her hand. She starts do some cutting on the swimsuit while Dong Wook looks at her in surprised. After 10 minutes, the ugly swimsuit is transformed to a beautiful y one.
  • I took some fashion designing class you know? – Ji Hyo winks at Dong Wook happily.

Dong Wook smile brightly toward her while admiring how strong and amazing Ji Hyo is.

Ji Hyo and Dong Wook return to the set after she finishes changing. Everybody especially Jong Kook is surprised about the transformation of the swimsuit and how amazing it looks on her accept one person “it’s not over yet” – that person whispers.