Chapter 5 - The Culprit

The heiress's love
  • Jong Kook hyung – Dong Wook approaches Jong Kook after the dinner – I think someone is onto Song Ji Hyo ssi. There are too much of coincidence when bad things keep happening to her.
  • I know, I think so too. – Jong Kook answers. – But I just can’t think of any one. I knew everyone in this crew. We have been working with each other for a long time. I can’t suspect any one.
  • Should we report it to the police? Thing may get worse you know.
  • Well, this is not that big of an issue for the police to investigate, plus I don’t want a scandal break out. It will affect the rating of my MV
  • But what about Ji Hyo ssi? - Dong Wook starts losing his patient and raises his voice.
  • I’m worry about Ji Hyo too but trust me. It will be better to resolve internally. I will take a closer look to Ji Hyo. – Jong Kook tries to calm Dong Wook down
  • You are better do – Dong Wook walks away in anger. He doesn’t even know why he is that angry. He is normally a calm person and doesn’t care about other people’s business. He learned to close his eyes and ears since the day he walked to this entertainment world but something about her that make him can’t just ignore. He decides to walk on the beach to calm himself down. He always loves the smell of ocean. The gentle ocean breeze is the best cure for his confusing mind. He keeps thinking about Song Ji Hyo, there is something about her that is very familiar. He feels like he met her somewhere before but he just can’t recall where and when. She is not the first pretty girl that he met but he just can’t get her face out of his mind. Her big round eyes just keep appearing in his head every time he tries to closed his eyes. His thought is suddenly disrupted when he sees Ji Hyo sitting by herself on the beach. He walks next to her and gently put his jacket over her shoulder.
  • You look cold. – he smiles at her

JI Hyo turns around out of surprise when she feels the warm jacket on her shoulder.

  • Oh, Lee Dong Wook ssi. Thank you. What are you doing here?
  • Just want to enjoy the night beach. How about you?
  • Same. I just especially love ocean at night. May be because it is so quiet. I can hear the wave go up and down. Just really peaceful.
  •  The sky is so beautiful at night, isn’t it? There are so many star that you can’t see in the city.
  • N-ne, it is indeed beautiful.
  • Are you ok after all the things that happened today?
  • If I say I’m ok then I lie. It has been a sad day for me. I’m not sad because I got hurt but because I realize how cruel this life is. People can hurt each other for no reason. Is everybody in this industry that cruel Dong Wook ssi?
  • No, in any industry, there is always good people and bad people. If you are lucky then you will see more good people than bad people. But it’s actually not too bad to meet bad people first, because only then, you can appreciate good people in your life. We normally take people that treat us well for granted, don’t you think?
  • You are a really wise young man Dong Wook ssi – Ji Hyo looks at Dong Wook with admiration, beside her dad, no one ever can give her deep and meaningful advice like that. She can feel that he is a nice and warmhearted kind of man.
  • An-noy, it just what I feel after joining this industry for so long. I was an ungrateful kid until I went through all the rough obstacles in this industry. I learn to appreciate good things in life and forgive bad things. It won’t do any good if you hold onto bad things, don’t you think?
  • Is it worth it to go through so much Dong Wook ssi?
  • It is, to be able to live you dream and achieve your goal. Everything you go through now will be all worth it.
  • What is your goal, Ji Hyo ssi?
  • To get closer to my star – Ji Hyo answers while smiling shyly
  • Which star is it?
  • The brightest one, in my heart …

They both get quiet after that.

  • I think we should go back, it’s late – Dong Wook says but there is no answer from Ji Hyo. When he looks at her, she already falls deeply as sleep in siting position. He quietly looks at her for a while. Even her sleeping face can give him heartache. She looks too peaceful while sleeping. He lightly puts her on his back and carries her back to the hotel. “may I be the star in your heart one day, Ji Hyo-ah?”      
  • Ji Hyo ssi, can you open your door. – Dong Wook asks Ji-Hyo who is still sleeping soundly on his back. Ji Hyo wakes up from her dreamland and realized that she is on Dong Wook back again.
  • I’m so sorry. When did I fell asleep? Why didn’t you wake me up? Ji Hyo asks in fluster.
  • You fell asleep at the beach. You look like you need a good sleep so I didn’t want to wake you up.
  • Thank you. I … gotta go now. – Ji Hyo walks fast to her room to hide her embarrassment and Dong Wook walks back to his room with the scent of Ji Hyo still hang on his shoulder. “Even her smell is special” Dong Wook smiles with that thought in his mind.

This is the second filming day. Most of the scene today is between Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo. They act very naturally since in the script they are supposed to be close friends which they really are so the filming goes smoothly without much NG. They are given 30 minutes for lunch break.

  • This is your orange juice Song Ji Hyo ssi – a lady gives it to her.
  • Thank you very much. Ji Hyo takes the glass and about to drink it but a strong muscle hand suddenly takes it away.
  • Why don’t you drink it Ji Min ssi? – Kim Jong Kook asks the lady after taking the orange juice away from Ji Hyo.
  • What are you doing oppa? - Ji Hyo asks as she is confusing about Jong Kook behavior.
  • Let’s me handle it really quick Ji Hyo. – He answers Ji Hyo and turn to Ji Min - Ji Min, why don’t you drink it? – Jong Kook continue
  • Er…rr that is for Song Ji Hyo ssi, not for me. Why should I drink it?
  • Who told you to give her the juice? – Jong Kook keeps asking
  • No one, I just thought that she may want the juice, if she doesn’t want it I can take it away. – Ji Min turns her body quickly to walk away but Jong Kook holds firmly on her arms, not letting her escape.
  • Oppa, why are you doing this to her? – Ji Hyo yells at Jong Kook.
  • I saw you put something on the glass earlier, what was it? – Jong Kook ignores Ji Hyo and keep asking Ji Min the fire burning in his eyes.

Ji Min’s eyes are wide opened. She is totally startled with Jong Kook’s question

  • It’s … just … sugar. – Ji Min stutters.
  • If it’s just sugar, why don’t you drink it then? – Jong Kook keeps pushing. All the crew members now gather around the scene.
  • Fine, it’s not sugar. It’s laxative. I wants stop her from filming this MV. – Ji Min yelled out with anger.

Everybody especially Ji Hyo is greatly shocked with her confession.

  • And all the things that happened yesterday were your doing too? - Jong Kook continues integrating.
  • Yes, that was me too. I waited when no one notice and put the peace of glass on the beach right before the filming start. Since it didn’t help to stop the filming, I cut her swimsuit too – Ji Min answers with a cold face.
  • Why did you do that? - Jong Kook asks
  • Because it is unfair from begin with. Does it make any sense that she is the female lead in your MV when she just joins the company while I have been trainee in your company for 2 years and I only can be her backup? Only when bad things happen to her then I will have the chance. – Ji Min answers without any hesitation.
  • People like you will never have a chance – Jong Kook answers coldly – do you think that talent is everything in this world? Before being an artist, you have to be a proper human being first. If you can’t act like a decent person. You are not worth any chance. Take her to the police – Jong Kook asks the security guard.
  • Please don’t, please don’t. My career will come to the total end if I go to the police. Please don’t do it oppa. - She bursts out crying and kneeing down on Jong Kook legs.
  • You should think about the consequences before doing anything stupid.
  • Oppa, please forgive me just this time; I will never do it again oppa.
  • You won’t have chance to do it again anyway – Jong Kook answers coldly.
  • Don’t oppa – Ji Hyo speaks up while holding Jong Kook arm to calm him down – she is young and her mind just got fogged by jealousy. It is also my fault to take the role away from her oppa. It must been tough for her to be a trainee for too long. Just give her a chance.
  • Do you hear yourself right Ji Hyo? She was the one that made your feet bleed heavily yesterday, destroying you clothes and almost gets you to drink laxative. Do you know how dangerous it is? – Jong Kook yells at Ji Hyo in anger
  • I know oppa, but I’m still fine, am I not? Everybody makes mistake oppa. Why should we end the eoad of a youngster like her?

The whole crew is amazed of how mature and generous Ji Hyo is. If they are in her shoes, they probably want to get that wicked girl to the police as soon as possible. Ji Min is too ashamed of herself to say anything.

  • I can’t let it sly Ji Hyo ah, what if she repeats her mistake to other people?
  • She won’t, right Ji Min? – Ji Hyo asks while smiling nicely at Ji Min
  • N-…ne, I won’t, I promise oppa, unnie. I will be a good person and focus on my training only from now on.
  • See oppa, she promised us.
  • You are just too nice Ji Hyo ah – Jong Kook finally gives up to Ji Hyo
  • This is what gonna happen – Jong Kooks says to Ji Min – You have to write down all the things that you did to the paper without leaving any details then sign it with the witness of everybody. If you do anything stupid like this again in the future, I will expose it to the media, and I think you understand the consequences of it.
  • I will do that, I will. Thank you Jong Kook oppa, thank you Ji Hyo unnie. – Ji Min happily bows head and keep thanking Ji Hyo and Jong Kook.

 

The filming happens smoothly after that incidence. Everybody wraps up to go home.

  • Ji Hyo ssi, it was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for the last few days – Dong Wook says to Ji Hyo
  • Likewise Dong Wook ssi.  Thank you for being my first acting partner. I learned a lot from you. – Ji Hyo smiles brightly at Dong Wook
  • I’m glad. I am looking forward to have a chance to act with you again in the future and I hope you will get closer to your star soon.
  • Thank you Dong Wook ssi. – Ji Hyo flusters
  • Well I gotta go, good bye Ji Hyo ssi
  • Goodbye, Dong Wook ssi.
  • Are you not asking for her contact information? – Dong Wook’s manager asks when they are about to leave the island.
  • It’s better not. She has a man in her heart and I should stop my heart from opening since there will be no happy ending anyway. Do you think my parents will accept an actress as their daughter in law? – Dong Wook says with a sad voice
  • I know but I have never seen you so into a girl like that before.
  • She is special but there is nothing I can do. I know what my parents can do to her if I don’t listen to them. I’m better stop anything from happening before it’s too late. She will end up broken hearted if she is with me. I don’t want it to happen. Not to her or anyone else… It’s just my destiny … - Dong Wook left Jejudo leaving a peace of his broken heart back in that beautiful island.